Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria (16574 Views)

Leadership Deficit Nigeria’s Greatest Undoing – Obi / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Potbellyman(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2022
Raxxye:
The installation must be really expensive o!

A barber had to pay 5000 naira every week for over 2 years to own the installation.

That's over 500,000 naira!

By the time he is half way through payment, battery don dey need replacing grin

6 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Rick9(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2022
Nigeria is too dependent on hydro as a major source of energy. There are other alternatives like Solar and Wind.
Foreign Countries with advance technology use Nuclear Energy. But naija is not the country for nuclear power oh. With their poor management and maintenance system. Tufiakwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by NnamdiN: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2022
I need free consultation wink how do I calculate what I need to power everything in my house?

PS. I'll be importing them myself angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by SeriouslySense(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2022
smiley
Mrkumareze:
wink I'm not surprised, Nitel has gone, Water board and their water gone, our electricity is also going. Very soon each household will be the only source of their power...
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Professor2b: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2022
Patronize SaveWorld Energy Limited, on 08169570145. or ayoleidowu29@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by SeriouslySense(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2022
cool cool
NnamdiN:
I need free consultation wink how do I calculate what I need to power everything in my house?

PS. I'll be importing them myself angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by aAK1(m): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2022
Unfortunately we will still make china rich. We will not learn to manufacture

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by caye(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2022
People don't know...
-that the real reason why Nigerians are being cornered into using solar energy , which cannot yet run medium or large industries, is because a canal owns the oil meant for over 200million people.

The people are stranded, and at their mercy.
And these cabals are merciless.
Their ultimate goal: make 99.9% of the population poor and wretched , while they own 90% of all resources in most countries aka weaponising poverty.

" You will own nothing, and you will be happy".

2 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by uuzba(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2022
aAK1:
Unfortunately we will still make china rich. We will not learn to manufacture
Don't mind them.
Very useless post.
All I read and seen in the comments is just a bunch of guys marketing solar panels fast-fast.
Just to sell, that's all they know.
To give somebody the money nko? They don't know that one.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Feranmhine: 7:38am On Jul 16, 2022
helinues:
Those ones can never pray for Nigeria to have stable electricity same as generator importers

Your reasoning is from top to bottom

When you support a failed government, while won’t your thinking be failed

Moreover, if your failed government do the right thing, while would people patronize solar energy as the number 1 option of electricity which gives the rise in solar energy

And also, the almighty west countries still use solar energy but not as the first option like your failed country

Try to dey read current news and don't be like rotten old newspapers.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Temidayo9(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Mrkumareze:
wink I'm not surprised, Nitel has gone, Water board and their water gone, our electricity is also going. Very soon each household will be the only source of their power...
And very soon (One Nigeria) would also join and disintegrate

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Jeromejnr(m): 7:43am On Jul 16, 2022
Potbellyman:

By the time he is half way through payment, battery don dey need replacing grin

Most solar panel installations don't use battery.

It's different from inverter.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by mrsage(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Good development
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2022
If you have the means , get here solar and forget about nepa ,
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Equation89(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2022
I want more clarification on this solar installation.

I have a phone accessories shop very close to my house and I equally charges phones too and the number of phones that comes to my shop daily is more than 200 and batteries more than 50 daily.

In a month, I spend close to 30k for fuel, oil and generator maintenance.

Now am considering installing solar that can comfortably power my shop in the day and house at night.

Please what package can I install that can comfortably power my shop and house

4 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2022
seanwilliam:
If you have the means , get here solar and forget about nepa ,

Forget about NEPA? Naaah. Not possible. Solar is only a stop gap. I'm talking from experience. This rainy season how much electricity can solar generate?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by BeigJawnson(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2022
talk2hb1:
Not Only Boom it deserves to be Subsidised.
With 500k or less an average barber shop is good to go, they don't require power that much.

That same barbers should go for modified sine wave inverters of 1000watts and a 18amps batteries or 40amps at cheaper cost...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by queenfav(f): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2022
Thanking God people are getting awareness now.We went the solar way since 2019 and there's no going back.Solar sweet,just get good quality products and you will be chilling with 24hrs electricity like you have left Naija.

Once you have taste solar power.You can't go back to generator and Nepa life.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:
I want more clarification on this solar installation.

I have a phone accessories shop very close to my house and I equally charges phones too and the number of phones that comes to my shop daily is more than 200 and batteries more than 50 daily.

In a month, I spend close to 30k for fuel, oil and generator maintenance.

Now am considering installing solar that can comfortably power my shop in the day and house at night.

Please what package can I install that can comfortably power my shop and house

You have to take inventory of the load in your shop and house to start with. Do you want to power fridges
/freezer? AC? Washing machine? Microwave? Pressing Iron? Take stock of what you want to power, how much power each comsumes when you want them powered (day vs night vs round the clock). Then someone who is nice enough may work out your total energy requirement. Doing that is a highly paid job so don't expect anyone to offer it for free unless they will be deploying the final installation

5 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by chiefkpokp(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2022
Well as an engineer and ceo of a leading solar installation and accessories company in Benin city, I can tell you that the end users is not finding it easy at all, even we in the industry, because solar it's going expensive everyday by day. Imagine a 250w mono panel that was sold for 31,000 new at September 2020, is currently sold for 70,000.... This is ridiculous, and even the clients is not finding it funny to raise funds to purchase like it's used to be before.... This is very sad though.... For example... If a clients want to install a 9.6kwh systems housing 10panels of 250w, 4 batteries of 200ah, and 3kva inverter, we could charged the client 1.2million if the client would have patient for us to import the panels and batteries within duration of 3months, or the client could pay 1.5million to buy all this accessories out rightly in nigeria and install right away.... The truth is that those alaba people have virus the market for us because of too many 3rd parties, importer will charge his own, marketer will charge own, retailer will now com and charge his own, they will all combine all the blames to. Container landing from port to alaba. God will help us. Meanwhile you want to install a solar power either using lead acid batteries or lifep04 batteries(15years), please contact us on 08108235841 or whatsapp or check some of our previous documentaries on past jobs on:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2s4PDMXJc61Z1RlwsyA_jA/videos

4 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Mrkumareze:
That was what my computer engineer and I were discussing last month. He's a strong Sunni Muslim with 2 wives he doesn't want hardship for. He disconnected PHCN electricity supply from his house and his shop and bought solar. He said he uses light at home as he wants and that everybody should do the same. That's the way out in Nigeria. We should all dump electric grid and generate our own power supply with solar. I believe it would get cheaper with time too because it used to be so much expensive than it is now. There are lots of solar dealers and companies around too. The more the supply,the lower the price.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by jac101: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2022
For your 24/7 solar system light at a very cheap price call us today on
Say bye bye to generator noise and NEPA light.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Forget about NEPA? Naaah. Not possible. Solar is only a stop gap. I'm talking from experience. This rainy season how much electricity can solar generate?

I have a sun-king solar and it battery has never run out since I started using it. The one I own doesn’t necessarily need a hot sun, as much as the cloud is bright , it’s good to go. So I’ll assume it’s the same with every other one most especially if the panel is big.

And even self, it doesn’t rain everyday and it doesn’t rain all day too..
Moving to my own house, I’ll ensure I power everywhere with solar and I will never have a business with NEPA again,

8 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Ngasky(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2022
Ignorance. Give them 8 months to 1 year. You will hear the experience of those customers
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

How big is your panel? If your panel is big enough,you will still power get enough power during rainy season. I use solar for light bulbs but the pan is small and it doesn't charge much or supply much light during this rainy season. I couldn't use it last night at my shop
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2022
seanwilliam:

I have a sun-king solar and it battery has never run out since I started using it. The one I owe doesn’t necessarily need a hot sun, as much as the cloud is bright , it’s good to go. So I’ll assume it’s the same with every other one most especially if the panel is big.

And even self, it doesn’t rain everyday and it doesn’t rain all day too..
Moving to my own house, I’ll ensure I power everywhere with solar and I will never have a business with NEPA again,
that's what I was telling him. Only solar batteries with small panels run out during rainy season . I have a d.light in my shop like that

2 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2022
Nothing in Nigeria gives joy.

If you calculate very well you will understand that we are milked in every aspect in this country.

The national power supply remains the cheapest, but knowing fully how wicked the government are they decided to grasp us by the neck.

The amount used in maintaining and running Solar is 30 times inversely proportional to national power.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by showafrica(m): 8:37am On Jul 16, 2022
ModCaller:
They will soon increase the price. Bastards

LOL, by now Buhari has called the custom officer in charge to review the duty pay on solar panels.

The earlier we realize we are in a cage and violently find the key

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Olaiya26: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Contact us for your solar installation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? / Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence / Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.