Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... (946 Views)

Jada Pinkett Smith Admits She "Never" Wanted To Marry Will Smith / Video: Politician Daughter In Sex Scandal, Caught Red Handed By Parents In Hotel / I Never Wanted To Have Sex With Her On The First Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2022
Doing this again...

A thread on reddit...

Parents share their stories raising kids they didn't want...

1 Like

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 16, 2022
1. Story of a neglected child...

I can tell you what its like being the unwanted child. I went to the dentist once in my first 17 years. I had broken my nose twice and I just had to walk it off. I never saw a doctor. I would get yelled at if my shoes wore out too quick and they were Payless $19.99 shoes. As soon as was able to drive the dinner table was only set for two instead of three because I could get my own food now. My lunch was a Bologna white bread sandwich and an apple for 10 years straight. Fast forward I moved in with my grandma, she said she would help out with college if I helped out around the house. First few months she got me in the dentist fixed all my teeth and I got some braces on. Second I was a mouth breather so I went to a plastic surgeon fixed my deviated septum right up. She also co signed on a car loan so I could get around. She embraced every friend that came to the house while growing my up friends hid from my dad because he was so mean. My grandma noticed that I would get home and run to my room and one day she told me I don't have to hide in there I can hang out wherever I want. Thats the difference between being a burden and being wanted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2022
2. Story of another neglected child...

I was conceived to replace a baby boy that died. My mom was so disappointed I was a girl, she forgot my name for a while, and now I have 2 middle names. I had a brother growing up who was favored by both my parents, but he really was amazing. He was my favorite too. He died 5 years ago in a motorcycle wreck, and I’m the least favorite (my mom admitted this freely), also I am the last remaining child. *** Also, I don’t care that my parents are disappointed that I was the one that survived. I’ve made myself who I want to be. I only talk to my dad occasionally, and my mom became an alcoholic, because 2 of her kids died. I don’t talk to her. Shrug. My life is separated from theirs, and I encourage other people to cut off the cancerous people, even if it’s your parents. It’s liberating
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2022

When my daughter was a year and a half old I unexpectedly got pregnant a second time (it was unexpected because I have pretty substantial infertility issues). I was not ready. I was exhausted as s**t from my daughter being a typical toddler and a dog we rescued that needed constant emotional coddling. And hindsight makes it easier to see my depression was wildly out of control but I didn't realize it because my panic attacks were not. I would lay awake at night, in pain, wanting to vomit from heartburn, exhausted because my daughter decided sleeping through the night was no longer a thing and would think "ya know... if I miscarried I'd probably feel relieved" and other things along those lines. And this went on for the whole pregnancy.... right up until 32 weeks when I went into labor... and my son was dead. Gone for at least three days before I went into labor. Despite all the expected mental anguish and trauma, for just *one single moment* when we were driving home with empty arms and an empty car seat, I felt *relieved*. I have yet to forgive myself for that.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2022

You hate them, and you hate yourself for hating them.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2022

Its like having some guests at your house that never never get around to leave for years, but you must take care of them to avoid getting into trouble and judged by others.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by BBBricks: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2022
There are many parents who don't want kids
And most times its usually the woman who don't.
Sometimes the man too may not want kids, It might be as a result of health lineage, may be both of them are sickle cell patients, or there is serious hereditary sickness that they don't want to pass down to their children. So they will prefer to adopt than procreate.

Inheritance issues also spikes war amongst the children especially in a polygamous family so the man might not want such a thing to happen amongst his children. Many rich families who are billionaires donate all their wealth to orphanages or to the community or even hand over their assets to the govt. Since they don't believe in having kids.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2022

I’m speaking from personal experience with my son and I, and this may be a long one.

I never wanted to have kids. It seemed like way to much responsibility for someone like me. I work, I pay bills, I am responsible, but I can only handle so much responsibility. I felt like kids would push me over that line where happiness would disappear, and to be honest, I was right. It did in fact disappear.

My son was born a little over a year ago. He wasn’t planned. My Wife and I welcomed him into our lives with open arms. We loved and cared for him (and still do) and we are trying our best to provide him with a great life. But for me, doing everything I can to provide him with a great life is, in essence, sucking my soul out of me.

As time went on, and as it goes on, I become more and more depressed, anxious, and phobic about things in life that I used to seemingly love. I’ve went from this super cheery and outgoing individual to a husk of what I was. But my son doesn’t know how I feel. When he’s in the room, everything is well. It isn’t fair to him that I take out my personal demons on him.

I love him so much I can’t explain it in words. He’s a hilarious little kid, he’s adorable and incredibly smart, but the responsibility of him is tearing me apart. I hope as he grows older and starts to become more independent, I’ll start to feel better, but for now it’s like the weight of the world on me
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2022
What's this supposed to promote?
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2022
BBBricks:
There are many parents who don't want kids
And most times its usually the woman who don't.
Sometimes the man too may not want kids, It might be as a result of health lineage, may be both of them are sickle cell patients, or there is serious hereditary sickness that they don't want to pass down to their children. So they will prefer to adopt than procreate.

Inheritance issues also spikes war amongst the children especially in a polygamous family so the man might not want such a thing to happen amongst his children. Many rich families who are billionaires donate all their wealth to orphanages or to the community or even hand over their assets to the govt. Since they don't believe in having kids.

I don't know...

I think it's the responsibilities... That's why many parents don't like their chilsren... They don't say it but it's true... Have you asked your parents how difficult it was raising you? The physical and emotional and psychological stress your existence put them through...

And... Some people don't just want to have kids... For example me... I'm selfish and I think it's stupid to bring a child into this cruel world... I would rather adopt...

1 Like

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by BBBricks: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2022
Overcrowding and overpopulation too might cause people not to have kids

They might want to reduce the carbon footprint of the earth

Like around 2000/2002 China produced some special belts that had magnets inside. They said they were using it to control their population growth and reduce sperm production amongst men.
Even USA during Donald Trump time did
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2022
Haylel:
What's this supposed to promote?

1. Be grateful... You don't know what your parents went through...

2. Not everyone should have kids...

3. We need better adoption homes and abortion should be legalized... So people have options...

4. Before having kids, read these stories an know it's not gonna be perfect... You would dislike you kids as much as you like them...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by BBBricks: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:

I don't know...

I think it's the responsibilities... That's why many parents don't like their chilsren... They don't say it but it's true... Have you asked your parents how difficult it was raising you? The physical and emotional and psychological stress your existence put them through...

And... Some people don't just want to have kids... For example me... I'm selfish and I think it's stupid to bring a child into this cruel world... I would rather adopt...

For some what matters is what's in their (the kids) heads not their blood or gene

And that is what most of those Americans nowadays are doing. They will just ensure that the kids has their own ideas and ways of upbringing, his food, diet, culture, lifestyle and way of life will be similar to theirs.

Because nowadays even many of those who are form rich parents don't usually take after their fathers or parents. They prefer to go cavalier.
That's why many people are now preferring to adopt
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2022

I was a nanny for a lady who really didn't want children but needed up having 5 because she loved her husband. Each of her pregnancies her medical condition go worse, with her youngest she had to be in the hospital for two months because she had so many kidney stones. Part of her condition is she produces kidney stones at a crazy rate, and they are rare stones that have a hook on them. Her kidneys are also more like a sponge looking organ than kidney, that aren't functioning over 25%. She would give her life for those kids even though she never wanted them. S**tty part, when the youngest was 2, her health was declining alot. And her husband, left her for a chick he just met because, and I quote "I'm sick of you being sick". I miss those kids so much and I miss her. She got full custody and has even better insurance now that her ex left her. And he pays huge in child support and alimony every month.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2022
BBBricks:

For some what matters is what's in their (the kids) heads not their blood or gene

And that is what most of those Americans nowadays are doing. They will just ensure that the kids has their own ideas and ways of upbringing, his food, diet, culture, lifestyle and way of life will be similar to theirs.

Because nowadays even many of those who are form rich parents don't usually take after their fathers or parents. They prefer to go cavalier.
That's why many people are now preferring to adopt

What?

I don't understand... Cant see how this relates...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2022

Awful. I had my son at 18. I wish I’d never had him. He’s all grown up now, but resents me for not giving him the childhood he wanted. I couldn’t afford the childhood he wanted- I was working over 80 hours a week to keep food on the table.

I was convinced to have and raise my son by my family and ex-husband. There are days when I break down thinking of the life I should have had. I was supposed to go to college. I was supposed to move out of my hometown, to carve out a place for myself in the world.

Instead, I became a mom.

And I still hate it.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2022

It set the tone for the rest of my life, one of those hindsight is 20/20 things. I honestly believe if I'd never had a kid, particularly as young and alone as I was in a very socially backwards area, I'd have made a lot more of myself. I know that could be taken as self-rationalization for lack of trying and failures. But I also know how I felt, how I have never bonded with my kid, and how both our lives could have been a lot better had I either waited to have her, or let another couple adopt her like I wanted but was forced out of the choice
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:

1. Be grateful... You don't know what yoir parents went through...
Ohhh, good. I'm grateful and I thank them.

2. Not everyone should have kids...
Why does it have to be proclaimed? If you don't want to have kids, then, don't have kids. If you end up havin' kids when you don't want any, something must be wrong with you upstairs.

3. We need better adoption homes and abortion should be legalized... So people have options...
Yes. Since how we "feel" is more important than life. I think murder (from school kids to adults) should be legalized too. Pro-choice!

Better adoption homes? Yes, a valid point that should be addressed in most countries.

4. Before having kids, read these stories an know it's not gonna be perfect... You would dislike you kids as much as you like them...
With humans, if anything is sensed enough, we will end up ingraining it into our culture and lifestyle.

If Paedophiles can campaign long enough, laws protecting 'em will be passed.

Make series of movies on Netflix 'bout how suicide is a beautiful thing, and watch people kill themselves in joy.

Stupid agenda like "you might dislike your offsprings" is something only a deranged person will be willing to promote.

Once promoted enough, humans may evolve to lessening the trait of parental care (that ensures survival of younglings) and behave like many animals that leave as soon as they birth a youngling.

Your parents should have dismissed you at the age of 4, saying they dislike you and you should go watch out for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Fairview1: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2022
Boredberri and bored stories are like 5 and 6!
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2022
Oh god...

Haylel:

Ohhh, good. I'm grateful and I thank them.
Good.

Why does it have to be proclaimed? If you don't want to have kids, then, don't have kids. If you end up havin' kids when you don't want any, something must be wrong with you upstairs.
Can you not be rude? This is my thread...

First of all... This question was asked on a forum... You know what that means, right?

So no one was announcing that they don't want kids...

Rather, they were responding honestly to the op's question... They shared their stories raising children they didn't plan for... Most of the children are autistic (retàrded)... They told us what parenthood is like... And not the hollywood version but the reality, where their lives changed completely and they were depressed... And so on...

Yes. Since how we "feel" is more important than life. I think murder (from school kids to adults) should be legalized too. Pro-choice!
So your logic is...

It's better to have children you don't feel any attachment to...? Instead of terminating the life of a foetus...?

Abortion isn't the same thing as murder... You should know this...

Is cumming murder? You know your sperm are living cells too, right? So when you mastubate and use condoms you are ending millions of potential life...

Better adoption homes? Yes, a valid ptoint that should be addressed in most countries.
Ok

With humans, if anything is sensed enough, we will end up ingraining it into our culture and lifestyle.

If Paedophiles can campaign long enough, laws protecting 'em will be passed.

Make series of movies on Netflix 'bout how suicide is a beautiful thing, and watch people kill themselves in joy.

Stupid agenda like "you might dislike your offsprings" is something only a deranged person will be willing to promote.

Once promoted enough, humans may evolve to lessening the trait of parental care (that ensures survival of younglings) and behave like many animals that leave as soon as they birth a youngling.

Your parents should have dismissed you at the age of 4, saying they dislike you and you should go watch out for yourself.

Who is promoting anything? I am not...

Do you think depression is something to ignore? Do you know the travails of parenthood?

These people aren't trying to discourage you from having kids...

If you read their stories, you would see that they stated that it's liberating to say how sad and tired they are...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2022
Haylel: you can't compare depression to pedophilia... That's stupid...

You think parenthood is bliss? Well, you're a man... Even labour is regarded one of the most painful things humans endure... Do you know what post-mortem depression is? Many parents are suicidal and you think it's not a big deal?

Imagine if your girldriend trapped you with a baby when you were 18... How would you have coped? Would you be happy? Working three manial jobs to cater for the child you didn't plan for? Being a young single father who can no longer go out and drink with his friends and chase girls...

Parenthood changes your life drastically...

Your dreams end... You can't travel... Can't stay up late... Go to parties...

It's you and children who cry and poop and depend entirely on you...

Stop trying to make these parents who are having a hard time feel guilty...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2022

So, I married a man with two kids and we have a daughter together. Totally thought I had it in me to be a stepmom. To make it worse, one kid was a baby when we got together and so I am more bonded to him and the other one drives me nuts. I have thought about getting divorced multiple times over it but when it’s me, my husband, and our daughter it is so nice. I dread when they come and can’t wait until they leave. I try to treat them well because it’s definitely not their fault. I wouldn’t have done if I would have known how ill-equipped I would be. I am just so annoyed all the time. I know I sound like the typical evil stepmom and I wish I didn’t. There’s just no affection, especially for the oldest. Thanks for letting me vent this here because I feel like nobody understands.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by LadyD22(f): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri alot of people don't like to see this side of the parent-child relationship , as a child who has experienced both the Dynamics of unhealthy marriage , neglect and abuse , I think the most satisfying decisions I've made is deciding to break out of society's expectations of the ultimate life goals being childbirth and marriage , perhaps live as a social nomad .

People are so disturbed when anyone expresses their desire to remain childless or spouseless until certainty is achieved , Africans especially are terrified of what they are not used to , that's why many are hiding from it , even if it is truly what they want , instead they choose to create children and torture them or worse put them in situations that leave them traumatised ,

if they do not have children , what will people say ?
I don't believe in curses but I kid you not , there is no relative from my mother's family who doesn't treat their children like crap , they hide behind the word discipline to commit all sorts of atrocities

My mother stripped my 15 year old sister naked and attempted to put fresh pepper in her vagina , I sent her on an errand and it was a day to her birthday , her friends tried to stop her to wish her in advance, you know how kids are, and my mother accused her of going somewhere else , without proof , she proceeded , like a loving mother , and everytime we speak up people think we're tormenting our mother and tarnishing her name , and this is why I might cut religion out of my life , because religion made me think I was a dog and if she held a knife I am to lay still and pray it doesn't hurt , instead of fighting her off , like a sane person

My uncle's wife threw a bare knife at my cousin's back and sliced it , she was 8 and she was disciplining her for not waking up to do housework , the poor girl was burnt as a baby and her Mom blames her because she's not as beautiful as her little sisters and they keep saying noone will want her when she's older because of the accident , so she treats her like a slave in her own father's house

Another uncle's wife verbally abuses her children at the slightest move , then her first daughter suffered severe physical abuse , her body is bruised and battered , when she was younger she refused to eat one day and her mom held her upside down with her legs held up and her head on the floor and proceeded to use her as a pistle to pound the floor , hard enough to cause headache but not leave any physical mark

My aunty sent my elder cousin on an errand to buy a zip of lavender , we searched everywhere and couldn't find it as a Tailor's daughter she knew if lavender wasn't available , a closer shade could be used so she compared the material to a purple zip and it matched and she bought it and took it home , thinking her mom would be happy that she at least tried to use her head , I was outside when I heard choking , her mom was strangling her , her eyes had gone up showing white and she was struggling to breathe , I thought she would die that day , why did she strangle her? She took so long and she said we sneaked off to somewhere else after buying what she didn't ask for , so she said my cousin , her daughter was a useless child that needed to die and she had other kids so who cares , thankfully other family members intervened before death happened

What are our father's doing? They usually pretend not to see ,My dad only started being active in defending us after he almost lost me to death and then running away , I had attempted to end everything to escape the torture and that didn't change her behavior but now I am the beast to my mother , I do not care what anyone has to say about that , I have blocked her from calling or any communication , I unblocked because little siblings use her phone to call me when she's not there

I will pay her for not killing me but there's no hope for a relationship in the future, I definitely don't want her around my child and If I get married, the yeye man will think he has a magical power to restore peace , they always assume they can command you to make a deal with the devil , in other to prove you're what ? A potential wife , I'm definitely not

Husbands or bfs are fond of putting you out of your comfort zone " whether you like it or not you need to make peace with your mom , unless you want me to be angry at you " even my exes tried that rubbish , people should learn not to put mouth in certain sensitive areas , you think I woke up and just decided to hate the womb I came out from

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
Oh god...

Good.

Can you not be rude? This is my thread...

First of all... This question was asked on a forum... You know what that means, right?

So no one was announcing that they don't want kids...

Rather, they were responding honestly to the op's question... They shared their stories raising children they didn't plan for... Most of the children are autistic (retàrded)... They told us what parenthood is like... And not the hollywood version but the reality, where their lives changed completely and they were depressed... And so on...
When i said "... wrong with you upstairs" , I didn't mean you, you. There was a preamble that qualified line, so it wasn't meant to be rude towards you.

So your logic is...

It's better to have children you don't feel any attachment to...? Instead of terminating the life of a foetus...?

Abortion isn't the same thing as murder... You should know this...

Is cumming murder? You know your sperm are living cells too, right? So when you mastubate and use condoms you are ending millions of potential life...
Is this some Post Hoc. Ergo Propter Hoc.? Such a weak defense, girl.
Yes, cumming is the same as abortion, menstruation is the same as abortion, surgeries are the same as abortion, even blood letting.
Killing a baby that has just been delivered 15 minutes ago, is that murder or abortion?

Who is promoting anything? I am not...

Do you think depression is something to ignore? Do you know the travails of parenthood?

These people aren't trying to discourage you from having kids...

If you read their stories, you would see that they stated that it's liberating to say how sad and tired they are...
There was a rat experiment carried out years ago. They created the perfect "ecosystem" for them, no predator, just excess food, nice shelter, and vibes. At the end of the experiment, the whole "perfect" place became hell as the rats devolved into cannibalism and lots of crazy vices.

I was skeptical about the experiment but i'm starting to believe it now, since i'm seeing strings of the evidence with humans. The turbulent times are over, no more Ghenghis khan, no more Adolf Hitler, and too much peace is making us stupid by the day.

I don't think depression is a thing. It's like ghosts and the Miss Koi Koi tales, it can only haunt you if you believe it exists. Here in Africa, too much is going on for anyone to say "i'm depressed because parenthood is a scam". I'm not on the same frequency as those that live in the western world, so pardon me if I do not resonate with you on this.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
LadyD22:
Datboredberri alot of people don't like to see this side of the parent-child relationship , as a child who has experienced both the Dynamics of unhealthy marriage , neglect and abuse , I think the most satisfying decisions I've made is deciding to break out of society's expectations of the ultimate life goals being childbirth and marriage , perhaps live as a social nomad .

People are so disturbed when anyone expresses their desire to remain childless or spouseless until certainty is achieved , Africans especially are terrified of what they are not used to , that's why many are hiding from it , even if it is truly what they want , instead they choose to create children and torture them or worse put them in situations that leave them traumatised ,

if they do not have children , what will people say ?
I don't believe in curses but I kid you not , there is no relative from my mother's family who doesn't treat their children like crap , they hide behind the word discipline to commit all sorts of atrocities

My mother stripped my 15 year old sister naked and attempted to put fresh pepper in her vagina , I sent her on an errand and it was a day to her birthday , her friends tried to stop her to wish her in advance, you know how kids are, and my mother accused her of going somewhere else , without proof , she proceeded , like a loving mother , and everytime we speak up people think we're tormenting our mother and tarnishing her name , and this is why I might cut religion out of my life , because religion made me think I was a dog and if she held a knife I am to lay still and pray it doesn't hurt , instead of fighting her off , like a sane person

My uncle's wife threw a bare knife at my cousin's back and sliced it , she was 8 and she was disciplining her for not waking up to do housework , the poor girl was burnt as a baby and her Mom blames her because she's not as beautiful as her little sisters and they keep saying noone will want her when she's older because of the accident , so she treats her like a slave in her own father's house

Another uncle's wife verbally abuses her children at the slightest move , then her first daughter suffered severe physical abuse , her body is bruised and battered , when she was younger she refused to eat one day and her mom held her upside down with her legs held up and her head on the floor and proceeded to use her as a pistle to pound the floor , hard enough to cause headache but not leave any physical mark

My aunty sent my elder cousin on an errand to buy a zip of lavender , we searched everywhere and couldn't find it as a Tailor's daughter she knew if lavender wasn't available , a closer shade could be used so she compared the material to a purple zip and it matched and she bought it and took it home , thinking her mom would be happy that she at least tried to use her head , I was outside when I heard choking , her mom was strangling her , her eyes had gone up showing white and she was struggling to breathe , I thought she would die that day , why did she strangle her? She took so long and she said we sneaked off to somewhere else after buying what she didn't ask for , so she said my cousin , her daughter was a useless child that needed to die and she had other kids so who cares , thankfully other family members intervened before death happened

What are our father's doing? They usually pretend not to see ,My dad only started being active in defending us after he almost lost me to death and then running away , I had attempted to end everything to escape the torture and that didn't change her behavior but now I am the beast to my mother , I do not care what anyone has to say about that , I have blocked her from calling or any communication , I unblocked because little siblings use her phone to call me when she's not there

I will pay her for not killing me but there's no hope for a relationship in the future, I definitely don't want her around my child and If I get married, the yeye man will think he has a magical power to restore peace , they always assume they can command you to make a deal with the devil , in other to prove you're what ? A potential wife , I'm definitely not

Husbands or bfs are fond of putting you out of your comfort zone " whether you like it or not you need to make peace with your mom , unless you want me to be angry at you " even my exes tried that rubbish , people should learn not to put mouth in certain sensitive areas , you think I woke up and just decided to hate the womb I came out from

I'm sorry... I really am... And I thought my father was the worse parent... You should have had a happy childhood, you and your siblings and cousins... You all deserved better...

Africans don't value their children... They see them as investments for when they get old and slaves to work... There's hardly any genuine love... My mother made an effort to make us her best friends... And I appreciate it... Many Africans don't want kids for companionship... They do cause it's expected... And it sucks...

No one talks about how sh**ty parent-child relationships can be... And even when it's addressed, there's so much pressure on the children to just forgive and forget... No one considers the pain we've had to endure growing up cause mental health matters sh** here... The damage our self-fish and abusive parents caused...

I love Westerners for one thing, they are brutally honest... And if you aren't good, they don't hesitate to cut you off... We need that here, to normalize ending toxic relationships...

I don't want kids... And it's the best decision... Do what's best for you...

1 Like

Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2022
Haylel:

When i said "... wrong with you upstairs" , I didn't mean you, you. There was a preamble that qualified line, so it wasn't meant to be rude towards you.

Is this some Post Hoc. Ergo Propter Hoc.? Such a weak defense, girl.
Yes, cumming is the same as abortion, menstruation is the same as abortion, surgeries are the same as abortion, even blood letting.
Killing a baby that has just been delivered 15 minutes ago, is that murder or abortion?
Who kills a baby who's just been delivered? No one... undecided

There was a rat experiment carried out years ago. They created the perfect "ecosystem" for them, no predator, just excess food, nice shelter, and vibes. At the end of the experiment, the whole "perfect" place became hell as the rats devolved into cannibalism and lots of crazy vices.

I was skeptical about the experiment but i'm starting to believe it now, since i'm seeing strings of the evidence with humans. The turbulent times are over, no more Ghenghis khan, no more Adolf Hitler, and too much peace is making us stupid by the day.

I don't think depression is a thing. It's like ghosts and the Miss Koi Koi tales, it can only haunt you if you believe it exists. Here in Africa, too much is going on for anyone to say "i'm depressed because parenthood is a scam". I'm not on the same frequency as those that live in the western world, so pardon me if I do not resonate with you on this.
Well, you don't believe depression is a thing... No point arguing...

I guess you got happy hormones in you 247...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
Haylel: you can't compare depression to pedophilia... That's stupid...
I'm not even comparing, I don't believe in being depressed. If you are ever depressed enough because you have a child, you can just choose to die. After all, die now or years later, what does it matter?

You think parenthood is bliss? Well, you're a man... Even labour is regarded one of the most painful things humans endure... Do you know what post-mortem depression is? Many parents are suicidal and you think it's not a big deal?
Then, afterwards, the woman smiles for she is now a mother and with a glance at the youngling "you are worth the pain, i could have gone through it 3 more times for you".
If it wasn't so, why don't all the women in the world give birth to just one baby and stop?

Imagine if your girldriend trapped you with a baby when you were 18... How would you have coped? Would you be happy? Working three manial jobs to cater for the child you didn't plan for? Being a young single father who can no longer go out and drink with his friends and chase girls...
Imagine you kill a country's president when you were 18... How would you have coped? Would be allowed to roam freely? HELL NO! For every cause, there is an effect. For every risk, a reward, every move a positive or negative consequences.

Your job as a human is to carefully pick causes that will yield your desired effect. Thus, i wasn't supposed to roll with a girlfriend that will trap me with a baby at 18. If i ended up like that, then i should dance to my own tune and baby sit my kids. What if i got depressed and life is like a living hell? Then i'd weigh the choices of pushing through or taking my own life.

Parenthood changes your life drastically...

Your dreams end... You can't travel... Can't stay up late... Go to parties...

It's you and children who cry and poop and depend entirely on you...

Stop trying to make these parents who are having a hard time feel guilty...
Then, don't be a parent!

So, who should feel guilty? The kids who didn't call for them to be born.

These generation really don't want anything to do with responsibility.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
Who kills a baby who's just been delivered? No one... undecided
Good. You used the right term "kill". 30 minutes before the delivery, he could have been terminated. But that won't be murder, right?
This cherrypicking is amazing.

Just where is the line between abortion and murder.

Well, you don't believe depression is a thing... No point arguing...
You would do yourself a great deal if you take depression with a pinch of salt. That way, you will never be 'depressed'.

I guess you got happy hormones in you 247...
Fear, sadness, anxiety, distress, they are all good feelings and form of energy to the soul. When you take a philosophical look at the world, things really just become easy to deal with.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2022
Haylel:

I'm not even comparing, I don't believe in being depressed. If you are ever depressed enough because you have a child, you can just choose to die. After all, die now or years later, what does it matter?
So you think suicide is an option?

Then, afterwards, the woman smiles for she is now a mother and with a glance at the youngling "you are worth the pain, i could have gone through it 3 more times for you".
If it wasn't so, why don't all the women in the world give birth to just one baby and stop?
What are you talking about? You watch a lot of Nollywood movies... Have you been to a maternity ward? Not all women feel happy after delivering a child... Most can't even breastfeed it...

Imagine you kill a country's president when you were 18... How would you have coped? Would be allowed to roam freely? HELL NO! For every cause, there is an effect. For every risk, a reward, every move a positive or negative consequences.
You're just being emotional... An aborted child is suddenly the destined president... Stop with this bullsh**... Okay?

What about the children in orphan homes? The almajiris? Child soldiers? Girls who are sex slaves? Etc... Couldn't one of them be the next Jesus Christ?

It's funny how you care so much about the unborn child but after it's been born, there's no concern... You don't lose sleep that millions of girls and boys are hawking on the streets, exposed to sex predators and ritualists...

The aborted child is more likely to be someone like you and I... A no-body... Or even a criminal... Hitler's mother considered aborting him... Think of a world without that bastard...

Unborn children are nothing... They haven't chosen who they would be... Good or bad... So there's nothing to lose...

Your job as a human is to carefully pick causes that will yield your desired effect. Thus, i wasn't supposed to roll with a girlfriend that will trap me with a baby at 18. If i ended up like that, then i should dance to my own tune and baby sit my kids. What if i got depressed and life is like a living hell? Then i'd weigh the choices of pushing through or taking my own life.

Then, don't be a parent!

So, who should feel guilty? The kids who didn't call for them to be born.

These generation really don't want anything to do with responsibility.
You find it very hard to understand...

These people, did any of them abort their child? No... They took up the responsibility... They are only sharing their struggles as parents... Which is normal... Parenthood has the good and bad side... Why shouldn't we know both?

Ask your parents how hard it was raising you...
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Haylel:

Good. You used the right term "kill". 30 minutes before the delivery, he could have been terminated. But that won't be murder, right?
This cherrypicking is amazing.
People rarely terminate full term pregnancies... undecided

Just where is the line between abortion and murder.

You would do yourself a great deal if you take depression with a pinch of salt. That way, you will never be 'depressed'.

Fear, sadness, anxiety, distress, they are all good feelings and form of energy to the soul. When you take a philosophical look at the world, things really just become easy to deal with.
Lol... You should go to school... You believe 5G causes cancer too?

It's happiness psychological too?

Do you know why you feel happy and emotionall attached after sex?

Do you even know what hormones are?

You mentioned fear... Ever heard the word 'adrenaline'? undecided
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
So you think suicide is an option?

What are you talking about? You watch a lot of Nollywood movies... Have you been to a maternity ward? Not all women feel happy after delivering a child... Most can't even breastfeed it...
Few exceptions don't disprove facts, trend or norms. You know the percentage of women with more than 1 kid? Exactly. If childbirth was that traumatizing, they shouldn't have gone through again.

You're just being emotional... An aborted child is suddenly the destined president... Stop with this bullsh**... Okay?

What about the children in orphan homes? The almajiris? Child soldiers? Girls who are sex slaves? Etc... Couldn't one of them be the next Jesus Christ?

It's funny how you care so much about the unborn child but after it's been born, there's no concern... You don't lose sleep that millions of girls and boys are hawking on the streets, exposed to sex predators and ritualists...

The aborted child is more likely to be someone like you and I... A no-body... Or even a criminal... Hitler's mother considered aborting him... Think of a world without that bastard...

Unborn children are nothing... They haven't chosen who they would be... Good or bad... So there's nothing to lose...
Emotional? You are emotional here. You've stopped reading between the lines. When i said "kill a president" , that was to buttress my cause and effect point, not to say some unborn baby will become a president.

Until you find a justification, you are no different from murderers, serial killers and rapists. Stop cutting through corners and say it like this "No one is emotionally attached to an unborn baby yet, he/she doesn't have an identity, we alive don't have nothing to lose. Let's just kill him/her."

I'm not loosing sleep knowing there are hawkers on the streets, but knowing you lots really want autonomy over who lives and who dies might make me shed an hour of my precious sleeping time.

What will the next goal be?
All male babies should be aborted since we don't need much of them.

Come out of your shell, we all know where all these struggle is headed.

You find it very hard to understand...

These people, did any of them abort their child? No... They took up the responsibility... They are only sharing their struggles as parents... Which is normal... Parenthood has the good and bad side... Why shouldn't we know both?

Ask your parents how hard it was raising you...
Woah, woah, woah! So, the main goal of this thread was to justify and normalize abortion? You should have said this and stop masking on parents being depressed.
Re: Stories By Parents Who Never Wanted Kids... by Haylel: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
People rarely terminate full term pregnancies... undecided

You're loosing me already. Will you stop shadowboxing (with your use of "rarely" to bail yourself out) and smoothen the creases you made yourself?

You are heard, abortion should be an option. So, where do we draw the line? Where should the line for abortion and murder be? The first trimester? The second? Before the naming ceremony?

Lol... You should go to school... You believe 5G causes cancer too?
Another fallacy - ignoratio elenchi. What does "5G" and "cancer" have to do with your talks on depression and abortion?

It's happiness psychological too?
Skip.

Do you know why you feel happy and emotionall attached after sex?

Boys that roll with hookup hawties delete their number the next day if the service ain't good and never wanna see 'em anymore. Where is this "emotional attached" you talk about?

Don't reply this, I'm not interested is threading this web.

Do you even know what hormones are?
Nibo la tu ja si bayii? Skip.

You mentioned fear... Ever heard the word 'adrenaline'? undecided
Skip. You still have any more shots or should I expect more blanks?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Guy Sleeping Around Is Not Cheating..(explained) / Help!! A Giant Dog Was Chasing Me In My Dream / Most Men Here Are Unjust!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.