Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive (7990 Views)

Increasing Petrol Price: Adewole Adebayo Shares His Opinion And Suggestions / Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu's Economic Team Meets With Bretton Woods(photo) / CAN Fumes Over Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by AnonPoet: 5:36am On Jul 18, 2022
Social Democratic Party SDP candidate in the 2023 elections, Prince Adewole Adebayo has described as insensitive Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s choice of a Muslim as his running mate knowing that he is also a Muslim.

He advised Tinubu and his political party, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) not to create unnecessary tension in the country with their choice of running mate.

He said a leader must be sensitive to the sensibilities of his people even if he is looking for competence to give him results knowing how diverse the country is. Advising that the people’ s sensibility must be taken into account, he said: “I am not working secretly or openly for the APC, but let us have politics of reasoning. I have never believed ethnicity and religion should be basis for politics. I know leadership is about accommodation and because the president of Nigeria is not like the Prime Minister of Britain, you must be sensitive to the sensibilities of the people. Even if you are looking for competence to give you results, you must still remember the sensibilities of the people, especially knowing how diverse the country is. If you ask me about the person who made a Muslim/Muslim ticket choice, I will say he is not a sensitive leader and if he keeps making subsequent appointments like that, he will put the country under tension,” he stated.

He, however, said having two faiths ticket does not guarantee good government. “So Nigerians should not congratulate those who have the Christian/Muslim or Muslim/Christian ticket because a lot of Nigerians are neither Christians nor Muslims. If Nigerians has 100 Muslims and 100 Christians, why is the country like this? None of those who bear Christian or Muslim names has ruled according to the detect of their religions because there is no where in the two religions where it is stated that you should steal your people blind, and kill them indiscriminately.”

Adebayo who was on the Twitter platform conversation with hashtag #TalkingJobson,#GettingitrightNig with Prince Adewole Adebayo, anchored by human rights lawyer, Segun Awosanya popularly known as Sega, advised the youths to be circumspect in their choice of who becomes the president in 2023.

He said what is currently trending in the social media is not different from the euphoria that heralded the Muhammadu Buhari administration in 2015 which is regrettable. “Some of my friends who are in the third force today, backed Buhari in 2015. Even though I warned them that time, nobody listened. They said anything but Jonathan. I told them that I won’t support Jonathan but would I also not vote for Buhari. I have been laughing at them since then. PDP has committed sacrilege. APC is an abomination to the nation. Anybody can start campaign online and create anything to trend or even pay firms to have thousands mentioning you. A man of principle won’t be persuaded by that. As we go down the line, a lot of people will know better,” he stated.

He further said: “The touted third force which I am spearheading is a total break from the past. The third force is a coalition of many parties outside the two major parties. That third force doesn’t see Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, in it. We, the third force, are open to coalition, working together because it is the right thing to do. The Labour candidate, of course, isn’t a third force. That is why I am not joining in any jamboree.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/tinubus-choice-of-running-mate-insensitive-adebayo/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by helinues: 5:36am On Jul 18, 2022
Sorry who is this?

undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by magoo10(m): 5:48am On Jul 18, 2022
They should allow the iragbuji ancestor test his strength, nobody is begging him.
fly wey no dey hear word go follow corpse enter grave.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Laka2bor(m): 6:03am On Jul 18, 2022
Bros stop this now
No competent christian in North and APC they have explain to all Nigeria
So we have many aspirant that offer what people may want
Is it by force to vote for one candidate because of ethnic,that's reason why we are going backward in Nigeria
See UK aspirant we even have Nigeria woman among 4/aspirant
Wake up bros and let him enjoy what he sowed some year back
The game is almost over,some Nigeria already understand what's going to play out come 2023 so our vote may not that count
Let's enjoy our collective effort to pull down a South South Godly man whose ambition didn't worth Nigerian blood..
Though I speak4myself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Oshodipikin: 6:35am On Jul 18, 2022
God forbid BAT-THINGS

He hasn't realised that politics of arrogance, telling others that they don't matter is already sinking him.

We heard the bandits the Northern leaders created and who Tinubu is frolicking with are being turbaned left right & centre. The creator of banditry are those who are advising him and he is already fixing them in his imaginary government as VP and DGs. He would have over compromised his position that he won't be able to say no to whatever they want when he becomes president. God forbid bad thing.

Tell it on the house top. Muslim-Muslim or same faith ticket will NEVER in this country. I don't trust anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by ayoolataiwo(m): 6:50am On Jul 18, 2022
He already made his decision,can we move on.Its a democratic system of government,so let's all collectively vote the candidate of our choice.

9 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Coolsperm: 6:54am On Jul 18, 2022
We Yoruba Christian's will never ever vote for Tinubu on this ticket, we will punish him very well for insulting the the body of Christ ,

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Coolsperm: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2022
Laka2bor:
Bros stop this now
No competent christian in North and APC they have explain to all Nigeria
So we have many aspirant that offer what people may want
Is it by force to vote for one candidate because of ethnic,that's reason why we are going backward in Nigeria
See UK aspirant we even have Nigeria woman among 4/aspirant
Wake up bros and let him enjoy what he sowed some year back
The game is almost over,some Nigeria already understand what's going to play out come 2023 so our vote may not that count
Let's enjoy our collective effort to pull down a South South Godly man whose ambition didn't worth Nigerian blood..
Though I speak4myself
and no competent Yoruba Christian who Tinubu will support, you must be a member of YMP( Yoruba Muslims pigs)

25 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Truthisunique2: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
He already made his decision,can we move on.Its a democratic system of government,so let's all collectively vote the candidate of our choice.
we are not moving on after all there is nothing else to even debate about apc that we haven't tasted

That effrontery must continue to affect his campaign, una go beg taya

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2022
His failure is sealed in the spiritual realm

As for that moderator that me just because I’m against Tinubu

I will show you the difference between your village people and white witches

4 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Kendo1990: 7:02am On Jul 18, 2022
A
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by beatricesola: 7:02am On Jul 18, 2022
Na the sense wey dem think say dem get go affect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Tonypen247(m): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2022
H
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2022
No need. He won’t smell Aso Rock next year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Lovenorth: 7:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Shut up and vote your Obi, Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria insha'Allah and there is nothing any bigot can do about it.
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by ChiefAfonja: 7:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Tinubu the drug tycoon

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:04am On Jul 18, 2022
If tinubu likes let him pick rev father we are tired of APC let's try a new thing,let's risk Peter n Yusuf

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by blackpanda: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2022
Madness is when u leave your party and start complaining about another party's choice grin

1 Like

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by spy24(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2022
It is obvious that among all the candidates Tinubu is the least loved among the candidates

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2022
Tinubu election is bound to fail. Osun Election is a tip of the iceberg and to show that Tinubu influence in Yoruba land is a mirage
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by pfadom: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2022
Joke taken too far. Why condemning another candidate's choice, if the insensitivity would work in your best interest and to your benefits?

Strange these days that some individuals take Phensic to treat other people's headache.
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by BadEnglish(m): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Keeping to my promise, Thunder faya Tinubu and his urchins
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by fasho01(m): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2022
It's his choice, and it's his prerogative. Please live and let live
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by pfadom: 7:08am On Jul 18, 2022
Like it worked for the Labour Party in Osun State.

Akwamkpuruamu:
Tinubu election is bound to fail. Osun Election is a tip of the iceberg and to show that Tinubu influence in Yoruba land is a mirage
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by free2ryhme: 7:09am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by kollybay4u: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2022
This one just waking up... Please we have passed that chapter vote any candidate of your choice don't forget that this is democracy.
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by dyera(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2022
The Yoruba muslims will always be slaves of the northern muslims, reason why Yoruba muslim will always pick northern muslim as vice.
Re: Adewole Adebayo: Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate Is Insensitive by Splitmind: 7:12am On Jul 18, 2022
We don't care, let it be insensitive. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Reconstitutes Executive Management Of River Basins / Ayade To Build A Beach Resort In Calabar / Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.