Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

"RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post (57261 Views)

Video Of Corpers Marching In Mud Water Stirs Mixed Reactions / #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / People's Reactions On Davido Going For NYSC - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Gkemz: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
Even before I opened this thread, I knew it must surely come from a northerner.

Aboki that's used to hausa, wants to speak English. Wash a pig 10 times, a pig will still soak in the mud.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by P1PrinceKT(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
darichlife:
It has always been glaring, the north does not want to be part of the British colony but because of oil these bigots choose to be part of one Nigeria and cannot accept Western Education or Religion the negative consequences are everywhere, well education must not be in English, it can also happen in Hausa Igbo or Yoruba and any other languages. Indeed their fathers has laid a faulty foundation for them. Many at times I wonder who these people want to compete with in an ever competitive world. All their focus is political power and yet they still use the same power to destroy themselves. What a shame...

At least they're proud with thier own language and it's respected world wide,

They can be ashamed if Johnson from England learn Hausa better than them.

You're proud of speaking English or Pidgin unfortunately you're not good at your own mother tongue.

Shame is with you unknowingly!

2 Likes

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by dreu2fine(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
OgaDeyVex:
Update From . COM

A Corps Member's blunder-filled Facebook post has elicited reactions from online users, Reports.

The NYSC Member, Sadiq Abubakar Lawan on Monday, July 18, shared a photo of himself with a female colleague and wrote As Sighted By : "We thanks God for being us a live"

Reacting To The Post, As Obtained By , Facebook Users questioned how he managed to graduate from a higher institution.

"This one nor pass through school, na school pass through am. I nor blame am, I blame their teachers we dey use Hausa teach them for school. Imagine graduate." one Oga Na Mastar wrote.

Francisca Chichetam: "I wonder how this one managed to graduate from higher institution"

See Reaction As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG
The guy try oooooo
It's English our language

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Ppp1p: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
grin
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Bianda24: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
Possibly a mistake!

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Reference(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
That is why the current strike has to be absolute.
If the government insists it cannot respond to the demands then it should vacate the franchise.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Channah1(f): 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2022
Craig24:
grin

grin follow peace with all men...

Lol...
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Mikkeal: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2022
Don't be surprised,you are looking at a future governor ,minister,senetor ,MD NNPC,central bank governor , chief justice or even head of service lording it over people that are better schooled
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by nihinlade(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2022
In the south, someone like him will not graduate or be pushed out after many years with a 3rd class.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Awoleesu(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
Can we just pause a bit and reflect on this:

in the UK and other native English speaking countries like Canada, Australia, the USA, and
New Zealand, English is just language, meant for communication. In Anglophone Africa, English is profile, used to determine intelligence...

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by KingAzubuike(f): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
Who English help? The same sadiq Abubakir you're laughing at don already get slot for juicy parastatals and agencies waiting for him after his service.

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by subcbouy: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Sooner enough you all will still ask for his certificate like Buhari and Tinubu.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Sheriman(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
See him at one NNPC branch office in Lagos or Abuja
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by toxtimmy: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
Why are we so foolish... is english our language that you judge a person by the english dey speak?... what's wrong with us as a people?

OgaDeyVex:
Update From . COM

A Corps Member's blunder-filled Facebook post has elicited reactions from online users, Reports.

The NYSC Member, Sadiq Abubakar Lawan on Monday, July 18, shared a photo of himself with a female colleague and wrote As Sighted By : "We thanks God for being us a live"

Reacting To The Post, As Obtained By , Facebook Users questioned how he managed to graduate from a higher institution.

"This one nor pass through school, na school pass through am. I nor blame am, I blame their teachers we dey use Hausa teach them for school. Imagine graduate." one Oga Na Mastar wrote.

Francisca Chichetam: "I wonder how this one managed to graduate from higher institution"

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by DontGiveUpYet: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
This is what ASUU is fighting for. To correct the wrongs.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by uptownemmygee(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nah aboki English una dey take serious
Nah hausa language dem dey carry teach them for school even their teachers sef no sabi English
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Morenikeji090(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fuckkkk English can English folks speak Yoruba or Hausa or igbo.. fuckkkkk English many times..

2 Likes

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Paulianfa(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
English na ur mate? No be them?
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by darichlife: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

At least they're proud with thier own language and it's respected world wide,

They can be ashamed if Johnson from England learn Hausa better than them.

You're proud of speaking English or Pidgin unfortunately you're not good at your own mother tongue.

Shame is with you unknowingly!

Sorry bro, I speak Hausa language fluently yet am not from the North. you seem not to understand my post, and mind you, I have a good command of my mother tongue. Fact is you need insight to digest my post, you should be worried about the kind of Graduates your country produce, the population is growing daily and it's getting more competitive everyday, So if your Leaders have accepted English as our general language for education don't you believe we should all be advocate or seek for the best, we have President, Governor's and other leaders who are not even having certificates, the question is what do we really want, our copy and paste education has been bastardized, yet we feel nothing is wrong to elect those who are not serious in upgrading them.

If the north does not value Western Education, my question is what is their alternative and how effective is that alternative. We say English is not our language so why bother ourselves or laugh at others who speak or write it wrongly. Imagine a child from Nursery 1 to NYSC level yet still could not construct a simple sentence, the first question is why even bother to go to school in the first place.

We have been fooled by the colonialist that English language is the best for our education, this is an erroneous conclusion I have come to a long time ago, we as black people do not understand reality yet.

We are still under an illusion, Africans will remain slaves as long the tools for creating our reality (LANGUAGE, EDUCATION & RELIGION) is given to us by foreigners. Every language is a tool meant for creating a solution but yet we have accepted another reality which will and does not belong to us, everything we do is Eurocentric, we have a psychological mismatched way of seeing things, sometimes we use Western ideals to question and judge our African ideals.

The damages colonialism has on our mind is very disastrous, we can't see it because it is harmless and occurring at a somatogenic (unicellular level)

Well let me stop here for now.

Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

Get a grip.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by basty: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
No be Aboki?

What do you expect?

That is why calamities are befallen Nigeria. Federal Character.

Aboki 8-9, other tribes 2-1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
That's an error
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Ese2ehi: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2022
So you mean can report a news that's not about killing or someone dying
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Perocom(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
OgaDeyVex:
Update From . COM

That was a typo error, inclusion of 's' in thank and ommission of 'with'. I dont think it was intended, probably typed in a haste given the happy moment.

1 Like

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by elfiddy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
Tomorrow he will come and lament that there is no job.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Bowwow11(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2022
As funny as it might be this so called northern are the ones getting good job than other sound graduate out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by pansophist(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
I am not even laughing at the graduate, the fault goes to the educational system, especially the university that will call such person their alumni. This is the price you pay for corruption, you eat your future for today's lunch. Shame unto that uni that calls him their student.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by skywalker240(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Products of Quota System
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Anaerobi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
What do you expect?

Check is grade, you will congratulate him, but ask him to defend his certificate, you will hear wonders.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Xpol: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thanos5555:
shocked

this are the same set of people, that are angry and feel intimidated that the south is progressing more than them.
You guys should stop acting like a prof. Check what you wrote and correct yourself first. It’s only in Nigeria that olodo will be correcting fellow olodo (correcting someone’s bad English.... with worse...)
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Spizzy1: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
English die by fire got me laughing.
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by Okarakwu: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
Tomorrow one nepotic Buhari like will come and make him the minister of education
Re: "RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post by RexTramadol1: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cypress042:
The last time i checked, is not a must that one should add caption to his post cheesy

Is advisable to keep your caption to your self, if you're clueless on what to say cool

Adding a Caption is not mandatory, save lives grin

*It’s advisable*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pregnant Women In Nysc Camps / Corper Ezeiruaku Ifeyinwa Dehumanised By Chika Viola Anele, Leaves Cross River / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.