Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Practice Christianity With Common Sense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practice Christianity With Common Sense (314 Views)

Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience / You Cannot Mix Christianity With Tradition- By Ilori Oluwafemi / Nigerian Pastors Are Mocking Christianity With Their "Prophesies " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Charly500(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
In Nigeria, the extent to which some of us Christians go to just to please their pastor in the lord is a bit alarming.

We tend to believe everything they say even at detriment of ourselves and our families.

In 2020, I was told by a pastor that I should not marry my present wife as according to him, he saw in a vision that our marriage will be disaster.

Fast forward to 2022, deciding to go against him has been one of the best decisions of my life.

You needed to see the look of shock on my wife's face recently when I told her about the vision.

One thing is certain women are more likely to be cajoled by all this their visions, which causes unnecessary problems in our homes.

We should all learn to practice Christianity with some level of common sense, especially when you take into consideration several homes and families that have been broken because of one vision or another.

Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Naijanascam: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good...... but you can also say it like this....

Practice every Religion with Common Sense

1 Like

Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Charly500:
In 2020, I was told by a pastor that I should not marry my present wife as according to him, he saw in a vision that our marriage will be disaster. Fast forward to 2022, deciding to go against him has been one of the best decisions of my life.

You needed to see the look of shock on my wife's face recently when I told her about the vision. One thing is certain women are more likely to be cajoled by all this their visions, which causes unnecessary problems in our homes. We should all learn to practice Christianity with some level of common sense, especially when you take into consideration several homes and families that have been broken because of one vision or another.
Did God send you to seek the advise of a pastor before marriage to begin with? undecided

Look, you are obviously one of those who listen to and even obey men you call pastors, when God warned all against such acts to begin with. So be sure you have in fact rid yourself of what is idol worship before you continue. undecided
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Rightly said. Thank God you went ahead with your decision
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Charly500(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did God send you to seek the advise of a pastor before marriage to begin with? undecided

Look, you are obviously one of those who listen to and even obey men you call pastors, when God warned all against such acts to begin with. So be sure you have in fact rid yourself of what is idol worship before you continue. undecided

Stop assuming, no pastor can cajole me into doing what i dont want to do, that doesnt stop me from listening to them.
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Charly500:
Stop assuming, no pastor can cajole me into doing what i dont want to do, that doesnt stop me from listening to them.
Oh, so you listen to them but only pick and chose what to obey and what not to? Isn't that equally sad? I mean for the fact that you assume yourself different from those who obey their pastors all of the times? undecided
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Charly500(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oh, so you listen to them but only pick and chose what to obey and what not to? Isn't that equally sad? I mean for the fact that you assume yourself different from those who obey their pastors all of the times? undecided

Thats why I said applying common sense matters alot, instead of following them blindly.
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Charly500:
Thats why I said applying common sense matters alot, instead of following them blindly.
Where is the common sense in obeying your pastors, ordinary men like yourself, where God is concerned? undecided
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Lighthouse50: 6:13am On Jul 19, 2022
What a determined man you are. Take note that if it were your wife that got that message from a pastor, im sure you wont be together today.
Re: Practice Christianity With Common Sense by Charly500(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
What a determined man you are. Take note that if it were your wife that got that message from a pastor, im sure you wont be together today.

Exactly, we should be all be careful, even as we know no one is perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Aside From Prayers, How Do I Protect My Self? / Who Gave Musa (moses) The Scriptures? Was It Allah Or Some Other People? / The Only Man That Spoke About Covid-19 Before It Happened!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.