Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher (14324 Views)

My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Ruby458(f): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
25ahmad:
regretful i am in my 13years of teaching but my salary is below 50k

For real?? shocked shocked

Nigeria Shaa...
Where will the passion to continue teaching come from if you can't even feed you and your family.

Really sorry. Hope you have a side business to augment the salary?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by olaniyilukman(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2022
SavageResponse:

You are a thief!

You copied another person's comment which was made in 2021 and pasted it here as your own

https://www.nairaland.com/6568976/whats-experience-working-company-owned#102022998
Stop there Ode mu E....
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Richy4(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2022
bhella10:
Teaching is actually fun if you are intelligent. I don't see reasons why anyone would hate to impact knowledge in other people's head. I thought briefly it was nice. Try it!

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by ejimatic: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I currently teach in a secondary school. Resumption is 7:30. Closing is 4pm.

For other subject teachers, It's very hard to cajole those ss2 boys for weekend classes but they always turn up for literature probably because they enjoy my teaching.
. Private school owners are devil incarnates. All they want is to use you to their advantage. The best thing is to ensure that you get a government work as a teacher. In a government school you have more money and less work .In a private school more work and less pay. It is good you teach Literature well. Do you teach English too? If yes That is very good. Please bear up for now.You will be better placed soon. I pray God will open ways for all teachers in private school. All about it is deception and abuse of staff.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Slizzords: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Am really suffering as a teacher, standing from morning till evening to earn a paltry sum of 50k every month. I teach two subjects physics and mathematics and it's hellish explaining to students, I tend to pour my frustrations on them.

I thank God for my POS kiosk and the God sent sales girl that's been helping me with it. All in all I need a better job angry angry

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Kaysalas(m): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
25ahmad:
regretful i am in my 13years of teaching but my salary is below 50k
And it will remain so for a lifetime if you don't find a way to improve yourself. What skill can you learn? What professional certification can you study for and pass? Yours is 13 years, hmnn! Lemme nor talk

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Yaks02(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
Zanzibar1:

For other subject teachers, It's very hard to cajole those ss2 boys for weekend classes but they always turn up for literature probably because they enjoy my teaching.

Teaching is one of the best profession on Earth but it's problem in Nigeria is low payment..... Teachers are so underpaid
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Elidrisy20: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
AAbuja:

oga i am still alive oo.
if you will steal post, atleast do well to inform the owner.
the guy na zazzu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by bhella10: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
During my youth service in Delta (Urhobo) people.. the person bearing wisdom is always d dullard, success is always dull

There was a time in my class, I took time to explained a particular subject to everybody in the class. I called a particular guy, Kingsley to explain to me and d whole class. He couldn't . Instead of me to vex.... I used another method to explain.... "Okemutie, pls stand up...."
I explained in pidgin to Okemutie to help me to translate in Urhobo to Kingsley... . Na so so Kingsley dey look us , I wan cry that day

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by seanwilliam(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
SavageResponse:

You are a thief!

You copied another person's comment which was made in 2021 and pasted it here as your own

https://www.nairaland.com/6568976/whats-experience-working-company-owned#102022998
bursted grin I just dey imagine her countenance reading this lol grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by seanwilliam(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
Used to teach primary 2&3 in one of the local private schools in osun state back then .. that was during Jonathan’s regime. Even though things weren’t as tough as they are now , I still didn’t get any savings then. Also the school would count a week extra before they pay us .. even if you one vex comot, u go one consider extra 7-10 days you’ve sacrificed..

I left after the end of the year party . For a whole year, 5k I no get for savings.

You must resume latest 7:45am and close 4:30pm.
But on friday , we would close by 1:30pm..

I can never do teaching job again ..

It doesn’t worth it in most private schools .

Make nobody talk about passion, for naija, that doesn’t pay bills nor bring food to table

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by labelle123(f): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Interesting but not rewarding
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by 25ahmad(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Kaysalas:

And it will remain so for a lifetime if you don't find a way to improve yourself. What skill can you learn? What professional certification can you study for and pass? Yours is 13 years, hmnn! Lemme nor talk
the worst part they always disturb us with screenings, workshops and other verifications. This is plateau i am talking about
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Kaysalas(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
25ahmad:
the worst part they always disturb us with screenings, workshops and other verifications. This is plateau i am talking about
Hahaha! Useless workshops! God help us broda

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Angrymode: 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
If you find a way to mine good cash from it, it's one of the most fulfilling jobs. Very challenging but yet interesting and satisfying.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by swissgoldenpro2: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
I'm here to learn
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by phemmyfour: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Those days, I concentrated more on the delivery method than rushing my classes. It makes the class more interesting. My lesson note is unique, na only me dey understand am.

The pay is nothing to write home about, so I left.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2022
Tonnierichy:
Na die

Schools are by far not what they used to be. The students lack discipline and cannot be beaten. It's now a taboo to beat students in most schools.
If beating is the only way you can discipline students, then you have no business handling students. undecided
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by ntrukpum(m): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
lavylilly:
I once worked for one back in 2012. Both the woman and the man were pastors. The pay was was very low and sometimes it will be half of your total salary.

One thing I noticed was that whenever they want to introduce a bad policy, they start with biblical verses and then give a flimsy reason for the decision. You cant fight it because what can you do when your coworkers has been brainwashed grin

Well when I look back now I understand why they couldn't pay or slashed salaries. The school was being constructed with different loans. They had to pay back so there is no way they won't cheat the workers if at all they intend to meet up with the loan requirements.

Also, they lick thy arses of parents, discipline is done by the principal ALONE, infact I pity this generation. During External exams you MUST assit the students otherwise you will not get paid.
I started sex education during extra classes, I cannot come and kill my self
Brother, are you my colleague? It's like we are teaching in the same school.

* My school administrator and the owner uses bible to brainwash his staff especially when there is no money to pay salary.
* We go to school by 7a.m and close by 4pm
* No discipline, don't even tell a learner to kneel down.
*Discipline is done only by the principal.
* We spend 90% of our meeting days praying instead of discussing academic issues.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by freddie009(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
If you live in Benin, there is a vacancy as an ICT teacher in a private school.
Salary: 40k if you hold a bachelor's degree.

N.B: You should have a degree in computer science.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Glowqueen3(f): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hmmmn,it a bitter sweet experience for me as a teacher in Ibadan.l teach English Language, Literature, History, Government.l enjoyed teaching a lot because am good at explaining things and breaking it down so that students can have a mental image and deep understanding of what am explaining.

But the pay is too low,infact l really want something better than that for myself.l tried extra lesson but l only get that once in a while.
It not easy to be a teacher at all.Am still hoping and praying for a better and brighter tomorrow for myself.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by IsaacAda: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Teaching is a profession that one must give oneself reasons to continue with... It may be time-demanding, energy-draining, but the impact is incomparable!
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
I love teaching, but you see those students in government secondary school ehn they can frustrate somebody
In summary teaching is fun and don't go into teaching if you don't have passion for it else your name na sorry

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Fortune118005(m): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2022
lavylilly:
I once worked for one back in 2012. Both the woman and the man were pastors. The pay was was very low and sometimes it will be half of your total salary.

One thing I noticed was that whenever they want to introduce a bad policy, they start with biblical verses and then give a flimsy reason for the decision. You cant fight it because what can you do when your coworkers has been brainwashed grin

Well when I look back now I understand why they couldn't pay or slashed salaries. The school was being constructed with different loans. They had to pay back so there is no way they won't cheat the workers if at all they intend to meet up with the loan requirements.

Also, they lick thy arses of parents, discipline is done by the principal ALONE, infact I pity this generation. During External exams you MUST assit the students otherwise you will not get paid.
I started sex education during extra classes, I cannot come and kill my self
I think I have read it before
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Fortune118005(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
AAbuja:

oga i am still alive oo.
if you will steal post, atleast do well to inform the owner.

Okay
You are the oner of the post grin grin

I know I have read it before angry grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by chocolatee(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
I recently finished my service, I served at a secondary school and it's the worst thing that ever happened to me I nearly went to depression, I hate teaching
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by jaggabban: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
As I speak to you, I still miss my students. Some of them and their parents still call me. I enjoyed my time in class but money is very important.
I can explain mathematics like kilode. I believe it's a gift.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by jaggabban: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
If I can be getting 80% of what someone at my level in NNPC is getting, I will leave NNPC for class room. I love teaching but money first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job / Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.