Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher (14302 Views)

My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Fortune118005(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

If beating is the only way you can discipline students, then you have no business handling students. undecided
Okay, apart from beating, how can one discipline erring students?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by fishnburger: 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
keep doing what you do. It will grow someday. be positive about it.
If you can find ways to also do quality videos and content, it will be really helpful.
BinamRex:
Teaching is mentally draining, but I have to do it because I have no other options. I recently started a Youtube channel where I teach English. I have 5 subscribers and I hope to grow the channel. God help me. It's not easy bro. I shoot videos with my phone and edit it with Capcut. I just hope that people love my content and not pay too much attention to the poor quality of my videos.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by fishnburger: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
I feel you.
Maybe we need to have a new perspective to teaching.
What most of us don't understand (especially in our reality in Nigeria) is that teaching is SERVICE TO HUMANITY.
You teach because you want to impact people, the young ones and leave a part of you to continue to exist even after you are no more. Teaching is beautiful.
This is a guide to being a teacher.
1. Do it as a way of giving back to society.
2. Do it at your convenience; you've probably built yourself as a professional in other more economically rewarding fields; you are 'made', so you choose to give back to society.
3. When you do choose to teach, you can organize private sessions where you teach select learners. Remember, you aren't hungry, just the need to impact. What is more, if you do choose to earn from it, this helps you earn more.
4. Love what you do.
5. Never, never, never cheapen yourself and become a willing tool to slave drivers in the name of PRIVATE SCHOOLS; they will use you (even against your own wish, like in malpractices) and dump you when they think convenient.

chii8:
Hmmm........ teaching is a modern day slavery.Yes,the students will encourage you but immediately they graduate from higher institution, they seem to forget you.We just work because we have conscience and not because of the wicked salary we receive.
During the lockdown, private school teachers saw hell.Teachers are mostly frustrated and depressed except those ones who have accommodating and lovely family members.

My children by God's grace will never teach.I want to receive my reward here on earth as a teacher,teachers don't even have enough money to take care of their selves when they are sick, they are always managing....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by lavylilly: 2:33am On Jul 21, 2022
SavageResponse:

You are a thief!

You copied another person's comment which was made in 2021 and pasted it here as your own

https://www.nairaland.com/6568976/whats-experience-working-company-owned#102022998
You also are a criminal. Ole ni everybody
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by lavylilly: 2:34am On Jul 21, 2022
AAbuja:

ogaMadam i am still alive oo.
if you will steal post, atleast do well to inform the owner.
You will see your children children
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by lavylilly: 2:34am On Jul 21, 2022
anu3:

Sorry, what does this mean?

Modified...

Oh, I see... Too bad, though. We all wish to have kids too, you know...
Google is your friend
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by BinamRex: 3:59am On Jul 21, 2022
fishnburger:
If you can find ways to also do quality videos and content, it will be really helpful.

Thanks for your kind words. I am saving towards getting a camera. I hope to start making quality videos and content soon.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by SavageResponse(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2022
lavylilly:
You also are a criminal. Ole ni everybody

E pain am well well grin

Don't assume everyone is a criminal like you.

There is no doubt that you are a criminal cos you have provided solid proof of that! tongue

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Oyerinde16(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2022
During NYSC, I tot in 2 skools, my ppa, and spa. the spa was just a side hustle, the ppa was an ajekpako school, the spa was an ajebota school... Nysc paid 19,800 n school paid 4k monthly for ppa, spa paid 35,000 both provided accommodation but spa gave me official car as the school admin... Life was sha sweet small, I barely touched my ppa alawee...

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by ELEYIofNigeria: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Oyerinde16:
During NYSC, I tot in 2 skools, my ppa, and spa. the spa was just a side hustle, the ppa was an ajekpako school, the spa was an ajebota school... Nysc paid 19,800 n school paid 4k monthly for ppa, spa paid 35,000 both provided accommodation but spa gave me official car as the school admin... Life was sha sweet small, I barely touched my ppa alawee...

So how is it now. Did they retain you
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Zanzibar1: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
ejimatic:
. Private school owners are devil incarnates. All they want is to use you to their advantage. The best thing is to ensure that you get a government work as a teacher. In a government school you have more money and less work .In a private school more work and less pay. It is good you teach Literature well. Do you teach English too? If yes That is very good. Please bear up for now.You will be better placed soon. I pray God will open ways for all teachers in private school. All about it is deception and abuse of staff.
amen
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Oyerinde16(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
ELEYIofNigeria:

So how is it now. Did they retain you

Retain qua... Even.me.no go wait
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by lavylilly: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Fortune118005:

Okay, apart from beating, how can one discipline erring students?
tell them to squat it very effective
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Bledriel: 5:38am On Jul 24, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I currently teach in a secondary school. Resumption is 7:30. Closing is 4pm.

For other subject teachers, It's very hard to cajole those ss2 boys for weekend classes but they always turn up for literature probably because they enjoy my teaching.

Come and work with me.

You can work part time and earn 60,000 Naira per month from home using just 3-4 hours of your time daily

Check my signature for my WhatsApp contact
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Johnsmith124: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
fishnburger:
If you can find ways to also do quality videos and content through Capcut https://thecapcut.com/capcut-mod-apk/ it will be really helpful.

Which is the best video editor in the market right now as per your suggestions??
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Adeoye11(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Same here I need a video editing app.
I need to start Posting or podcasting some of my physics & web development classes.
Ok, that's by the way if you are in ikorodu and you need a physics teacher, a teacher who focuses both on theory and practical teaching session both online and offline please do well to check my signature.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by noble2faith(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
Horrible I must say! Teaching job in private schools in southwestern part of Nigeria, where education is much valued, is not encouraging. How ironic!
I don't whether it is like that for every teacher on this platform: we are not paid during holidays, thus making the job more or less a contract work. In the whole calendar year, we are only paid salary 9 months. During holiday periods, I always see hell. I borrow to feed till school resumes. My first salary after resumption will be used to clear debts.
It is not like that in North. When I was in North, I received good 12 month salary. We were always paid at the first week of resumption. That would sustain us to the day we are going to collect salary of the first month.

How about working working like an elephant and being paid with meagre salary? May God help us.
Re: What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher by Sheyrangely: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2023
It's clear your teaching style makes an impact, especially with those SS2 boys showing up for literature. Connecting with students and making learning enjoyable is such a rewarding part of being a teacher. I also hope to become a teacher and think of applying at aquinaseducation.com. Anyway, Keep up the great work!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Not To Say In An Interview / A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.