Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre (20780 Views)

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High / Petrol Pump Price Reduced To N121.50 By FG / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Warlord12(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2022
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has approved an upward review in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) from N165 per litre to N179 per litre, effective today (Tuesday).

NNPC in a notice to fuel marketers directed them to change the petrol price on pumps to the new price effective today. This was even as the company equally increased the ex-depot price from N148.17 to N167 per litre.

This came after weeks of petrol scarcity resurfaced across the country as fuel retailers were adopting different price bands to force unofficial deregulation attempts.

Already, majority of filling stations in Lagos have adopted different price models. While some filling stations have changed the price on their meters to reflect the current price they are selling at, others have left theirs to show the approved retail price of N165 per litre but were selling above the displayed price.

For instance, the Mobil filling station on Agidingbi sold a litre of petrol at N170 per litre on Friday and that was evidently displayed on their meters.

The development was also the same at Enyo filling station at Chisco bus stop, in Lekki, which now sells for N170 per litre, Eterna filling station at Jankade bus stop, Lekki sells at N180 per litre and Mobil Filing station, by Osapa London, Lekki now selling at N170 per litre.

https://guardian.ng/news/nnpc-quietly-approves-petrol-pump-price-hike-to-n179-litre/

1 Like

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by IamANigerianMan: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2022
If that will make fuel scarcity over let it be

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by popez: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2022
More hardship for the masses. What positive impact have APC made on the lives of ordinary Nigerians since they assumed power?

Our students have been at home for over 5 months now, the security situation in the country is terrifying, the common masses can barely feed once a day, what on earth have these !diots been doing the past 7 years?

Nigerians protested against police brutality you sent soldiers to shoot at them, you locked down the country and hid palliatives from us, and you still have the effrontery to ask for our votes?

APC should be begging for our forgiveness not asking for our votes. Nigerians rise up and take back your country from these drug smugglers and Boko Haram terrorists! Enough is enough!

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by ayoolataiwo(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Unserious set of people,creating hardship on the mass,,u na mata tire me

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by istina: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2022
Petrol wey I don dey buy for N250 already

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by vastolord4(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2022
Ok na.. everything is now quietly happening.. Tinubu is still quiet since after the Osun's state elections

34 Likes

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Nbote(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2022
The same useless fools that have continually claimed Nigerians were simply panick buying in the face of glaring scarcity and long queues. The same ediots that warned marketers from increasing time and time again even wen marketers clearly couldn't sell at the old price. The same useless ediots who claimed they had enough petrol product in stock to last Nigerians a lifetime. How do U exonerate the Clueless one from this failure considering he is the Monister of Petroleum

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by emmanuelbrown26: 8:04am On Jul 19, 2022
I love it, if u can't buy it better manufacture ur own fuel.
Hope all d urchins are buying at 80naira, if not untimely death for dem

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by kennethfranc(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
It's very sad. The fact that this is happening in an oil producing country makes me worried.

More reason why we need to vote LP come 2023.

#OBIAHMED2023

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by MonkeyMods(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
Quietly? Okay

We would quietly remove all those criminals causing this hardship soon and very soon

13 Likes

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by fasho01(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
This hardship is truly from top to bottom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by mcdokwe(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
We go survive Buhari, Amen

14 Likes

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Kilimo: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by harsysky(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2022
"Quietly," meaning without making noise, they increased it? That's how Buhari will quietly sell Nigeria to Chad.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by bigfish3k: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2022
This is a government of fraud and deceit
Why the quiet increment

APC is just ashamed of itself

And they are still paying subsidy more than triple what Jonathan paid

I suspect that they are just raising money for vote buying for the 2023 elections

I have never seen a party so evil
And yet they still have supporters. Chai.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by SultanOfPuna: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2022
At this point,
I fit deal with anybody wey vote Tinubu.
For thae sake of my unborn children.
I WILL KILL YOU!!!!

You wont put me and my unborn generation into another 8 years of Hell. NO WAY

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by McStoic(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2022
Na wa oo
Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by salbis(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2022
Las las na everybody go buy this product at the same price irrespective of you being a hailer or wailer. APC is nothing but a disaster!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by AchichaMmuo: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2022
Bovas sold 180/L

1 Like

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by DrChukki: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2022
Even the minister of Petroleum Resources, Buhari, is tired of Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by stano2(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2022
God punish Buhari and APC

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Passionate888: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2022
Bought 180 in PH. Oando

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by olisaEze(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2022
I’ve got nothing else to say except, I can’t wait for this administration to just do and go! I remember when Fashola was pontificating on tv that year about how fuel being sold at N87 was corruption at work on poor Nigerians. All the explanations he gave on how PMS should have been sold at N45 were instantly denied immediately their Muslim brotherhood party came into power. Somewhere in this party’s manifesto, there must be a paragraph that outlines their intent to punish all Nigerians for ever believing in them!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by stano2(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
Hardship to all APC supporters

12 Likes

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by arantess: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
fasho01:
This hardship is truly from top to bottom
BAT will take it from bottom to underground

Let's vote wisely next year

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Kennitrust(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
Hmm
Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by SIMONEKPA7: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
smiley
I heard all the Zombies and the Buharideens are buying their own fuel at the rate of 87 Naira per litter, Gas 350 per KG.
Pls how can one be a Zombie, i want to be buying fuel at 87 Naira and gas 350 per Kg.
Hellanus, Mannabbq aka Vulture meat griller, Sarki, etc. pls show me the way

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by Niwdog(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
And some oil stations still sell at the rate of 200 to 220 per litre
Whose duty is it to checkmate this thieving stations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Quietly Approves Petrol Pump Price Hike To ₦179/Litre by MhizzV(f): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
Something that is been sold for #200+ since November last year over here....
Can't even remember the last time I bought it for less than #200 in any filling station apart from the NNPC ones.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fubara: There’s Nothing Wrong With Father And Son Having Problems / APC Dissociates Self From National Assembly Siege / Kogi Former Attorney-General Arrested In UK For Trying To Cash Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.