Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu (34063 Views)

Press Release By President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation / The Artist Did It Out Of Love For Ugwuanyi - Ugwuanyi Campaign Organisation / Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation On Emergence Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar As (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by ElSudani: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@Sweetplum, note this.

Alhaji Lateef Jakande and Chief Rafiu Jafojo won the UPN Guber election in Lagos State from 1979 to 1983 and they were both Muslims.
Most of the Ijebu and Awori Yorubas who are indigenes of Lagos State are Muslims with family members of other faiths!

Nobody raised eyebrows and Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, raised their hands in 1979 and 1983 to endorse them. The Yorubas have had NO issues with these religious permutations. It is majorly where you have majority religions that there is usually religious bigotry and it is sickening to me and many right thinking folks. Asiwaju Tinubu is from the South and Shetima is from the North so APC has fulfilled the constitutional duty in having candidates for thee Presidential election. Tinubu's wife of over 40 years is a Christian woman. How much more tolerant can a Muslim be? Tinubu has been very tolerant to have allowed his wife who has an Ijebu-Yoruba father and an Itsekiri mother to practice her faith and this is pure LOVE. Senetor Oluremi too celebrates her husbands Muslim festival as-and-when due. This is the way Yorubas live their lives and NOT all this PURE bigotry from a section of Nigeria.

It is the so-Christians that have really embarrased everybody with their intolerance. This event has shown that many who claim they are Christians are NOT really so. Christians especially from the SE, SS, and the Middle Belt have a lot to learn from Tinubu and others in religious tolerance. Even the Buhari's 2nd-in-Command, the late 'Tunde Idiagbon [who had Fulani roots with some Yoruba family ties] was adviced by Gen. Muhammed Buhari now PMB back in the 1980s to leave his Christian wife alone to practice her faith and not force her. This is what some of the bigoted younger generation online don't understand. They just like to spread hate speech based on rabid emotions.

I'm NOT a Muslim, but I have read about many religions to get to understand them and be tolerant in life. Period.

God bless you. It is amazing to see the rabid bigotry being displayed by some of these Christians. The type of bigotry we chide folks like Ishtak Akintola of Muric for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by DWickedLandLord: 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Tinubu should stop answering these people jare... You have the right to pick who represents your interest

1: Sowore is AAC candidate and a Traditional worshiper

2: Obi is in LP and a Roman Catholic

3: Atiku is in PDP and he is a Muslim

Only Ibos and Fulani take Religion in an extreme way

*A Yoruba man has enough Muslims and Christian family
*Kanuris have many Christians in North East same as Muslim
*Many Indegeneous Hausas are Christian and they cohabitate with Muslim around middle belt

How many Yoruba Christian did Peter Obi appoint as a Governor?! How many Yorubas serve under current Ibo Christian Governors, how many Ibo comiunity sells land to Yoruba Christians

Not only governor, how many yoruba muslims has PO appointed as Biafra president

So selfish of Peter. Seriously
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by DWickedLandLord: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Those who asked their ethnic people not to worship in Yoruba Christian own churches will come here and show fake support.

Thesame people who tagged Oshinbajo fake Pastor. Why the sudden change

They're doing this because of Pitobi, unfortunately some are buying it

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
ElSudani:

God bless you. It is amazing to see the rabid bigotry being displayed by some of these Christians. The type of bigotry we chide folks like Ishtak Akintola of Muric for.
Mr ElSudani, hope you are ok?
The post you quoted has me in it. Meaning you are shading me.
Take time o!
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by lagosrd: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
Occurstaem:

You should first furnish us with the source your data. What's the basis of it and how did you arrive at it?
Let's have an open discussion
I have presented a case, an open data . You can only argue with your own fact.

Meanwhile, I don't answer those who are not ready with facts cos I don't like people wasting my time.

Fyi, I have worked in the whole of south west for more than 8years extensively before I gave up the job. Am still very young but there barely no town under the south west I have not step my foot on or I don't have someone to call except it's not a motorable road. Maybe hamlet's.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by lagosrd: 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@Sweetplum, note this.

Alhaji Lateef Jakande and Chief Rafiu Jafojo won the UPN Guber election in Lagos State from 1979 to 1983 and they were both Muslims.
Most of the Ijebu and Awori Yorubas who are indigenes of Lagos State are Muslims with family members of other faiths!

Nobody raised eyebrows and Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, raised their hands in 1979 and 1983 to endorse them. The Yorubas have had NO issues with these religious permutations. It is majorly where you have majority religions that there is usually religious bigotry and it is sickening to me and many right thinking folks. Asiwaju Tinubu is from the South and Shetima is from the North so APC has fulfilled the constitutional duty in having candidates for thee Presidential election. Tinubu's wife of over 40 years is a Christian woman. How much more tolerant can a Muslim be? Tinubu has been very tolerant to have allowed his wife who has an Ijebu-Yoruba father and an Itsekiri mother to practice her faith and this is pure LOVE. Senetor Oluremi too celebrates her husbands Muslim festival as-and-when due. This is the way Yorubas live their lives and NOT all this PURE bigotry from a section of Nigeria.

It is the so-Christians that have really embarrased everybody with their intolerance. This event has shown that many who claim they are Christians are NOT really so. Christians especially from the SE, SS, and the Middle Belt have a lot to learn from Tinubu and others in religious tolerance. Even the Buhari's 2nd-in-Command, the late 'Tunde Idiagbon [who had Fulani roots with some Yoruba family ties] was adviced by Gen. Muhammed Buhari now PMB back in the 1980s to leave his Christian wife alone to practice her faith and not force her. This is what some of the bigoted younger generation online don't understand. They just like to spread hate speech based on rabid emotions.

I'm NOT a Muslim, but I have read about many religions to get to understand them and be tolerant in life. Period.

When you wake up from your slumber, we will talk. You can never use your ignorance or selfish political correctness to cajole people to your side because you see nothing wrong in people attacking your faith. You can't be a Christian and try to downplay what shittu said. It's a direct affront and stupidity taken too far for someone to make such statements in the public and you expect people to keep quiet.

See you're the one that should tell your symphatizer to calm down, they can't get bold about religious matter and speak with no sense of decorum and allow people of other faiths. Of course you're free to join them. However, if the Christain position is not ok by you, it's simple just leave us alone and join them.

I though you were alive ehn muric man was harrasing christians here and there . All along we all know that this is the plan ahead. But what was your position. It's easy to continue to write jagons to suit your ignorant supporter s but for us as a Christain ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

1 Like

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by AlphaTaikun: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
ElSudani:

@ElSudani
Thank you. smiley

I'm glad we are on the same page here against religious and ethnic bigotry.

All the best.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by tellmemore15: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ondo Christian 80% muslim 20%
Ekiti Christians 80% muslim 20%
Osun Christians 65% muslim35%
Oyo Christians 50% muslim50%
Ogun Christians 60% muslim 40%
Lagos Christians 60% muslim40%

That is the statistics. There is no state in Yoruba land where Muslim indigenes are more than Christian indigenes, except the conquered territories that is ilorin and some part of kogi
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by ElSudani: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
Sweetplum:

Mr ElSudani, hope you are ok?
The post you quoted has me in it. Meaning you are shading me.
Take time o!

Lol.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
CommonSense1967:
Yes.
Most of the Indigenous people of the SW are Muslims. Even a lot of the SW Christians were previously Muslims or born into Muslim families.

Yorubas were originally neither Muslims nor Christians. They were traditionalists. Can you tell us the meaning of EFUNroye Tinubu in Islam? Can you tell us the meaning of IFAsola shortened to 'FASOLA in Islam? I won't ask you to consult google for your assertion. If Yoruba Muslims are 65% of the SW population, then the Christians should be just around 25% and others 10%. Be ready to use your PVC to justify this assertion in 2023. Peradventure BAT fails to achieve his "life-long" ambition in 2023, people like Shittu should be held responsible for it.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Khez: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
And he believes they will all vote tinubu because he is a Muslim? Mentally unstable people
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@Sweetplum, note this.

A christian indeed you are! You must have been living in Jupiter when Ishaq Akintola openly declared that any party the fields a Yoruba Christian as presidential candidate will not get the support of the Yoruba Muslims. I guess you went for vacation in the Venus when Farooq Kperogi openly declared that having Yemi Osinbajo as APC presidential candidate will cause religious war. Does PYO look like someone that can cause a religious war to a right-thinking fellow? May be you were on excursions to Mars when your people decided to invade Christian schools in SW with hijab. Christians are not tolerant - right? You must have traveled to the Mercury when Yoruba Muslim teenagers from Kwara State killed an RCCG pastor in Festac late last year while the latter accommodated and sheltered them.

The education and development that the SW and indeed the entire Nigeria enjoy till today were benefits of Christianity. Can you dispute that?

2 Likes

Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by pappydeewhy: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@CommonSense1967,

You're absolutely correct!

Islam has been in Yorubaland since over 500 years ago and it came via Mali Empire to the Oyo Empire through long-distance trading.
Iwo in Osun State was the initial epicentre of Islam 500 years ago... Long before Uthman Dan Fodio's Fulah great-grand parents were born. The Kanuris too have practiced Islam for over 1000 years via their contact with the trading routes of the Sahara to North Africa.

A 1950s census result containing religious beliefs of the folks that I read back in the 1990s had Muslims of Yoruba descent being in the majority followed by adherants of the Yoruba religion [Ifa]. In the 1890s census, Eko [Lagos Island] had more adherants of the Yoruba Religion [Ifa] than Muslims who came second, while the Christian groups among the Yorubas and some foreigners were very small. The different religions that are collectively part of Christianity are much more recent in history in Yorubaland. One thing that perhaps also helped
Islam to grow in many places was the acceptance of polygamy which the other foreign religions fro Europe were against

I'm not a Muslim so there is NO bias here. Just someone who agrees with historical FACTS... NOT infantile propaganda!

Cheers!

you are a Muslim but I will advice you to check Wikipedia for religion composition in each of the six sout West states.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by TheOgaBoss: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
ElSudani:

if the situation were reversed and both candidates were christians will u still speed this trash?
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
chrisvic007:

Stop writing thrash. When we see this type of nonsense we know who the purveyors are - Igbo people - and it is always found on Nairaland. Truth is there is no Yoruba Christian or Yoruba Moslem. We are Yoruba.

This division of Yoruba along religious divide was created by the mad hunch backed albino you refer to as your saviour. In reality, there is no extended family in Yoruba land that will not have a mixture of Christians, Moslems and traditionalists.

The last gubernatorial elections in Osun state ought to educate you that Yorubas have risen above primordial religious sentiments. Osun state has a preponderance of Muslim population, yet they voted a Christian - Christian ticket.

Be that it may, the south west will vote massively for Tinubu in 2023, including the good peoples of Oyo and Osun state. It will shock your hatred filled mind.

Whichever way you look at things, Tinubu is your next president. Nobody will join you to vote against their son

Ishaq Akintola, Farooq Kperogi and Shittu must be Ibos. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by CommonSense1967: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
pappydeewhy:
you are a Muslim but I will advice you to check Wikipedia for religion composition in each of the six sout West states.

Wikipedia is simply someone's opinion as they see it. It's not authoritative or based on hard facts.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
diadem10:
Tinubu's campaign team are not doing a good job. What's this?

Emphasis should be laid on competency, not religion.. Yorubas don't kill people because of religion.

Instead talk about Tinubu's competency and his legacies in Lagos state. His pedigree and everything...

Competency should always take the cake regardless of your religion. Your religion doesn't make you a competent person.

They are demarketing him, thinking they are campaigning for him.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by omotoniwa(f): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Ironi

If u stil say 53 to 55% a go gree
what are you saying. In ondo christain are 90% Muslim are 10% in ekiti christian are 99% Muslim are just 1% in oyo christain are 60% Muslim are 40% in ogun christain are 80% Muslim are 20% in Lagos christain 60% Muslim are 40% you can also do your findings to know the truth.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
kayperry:

Between islam & xtain which got into Nigeria 1st, which religion did colonial masters bring to Nigeria, these are history a primary school students should know buh so called graduate go on national tv spewing dumbshit ... SS & SE is predominantly a xtain state with @least 90% xtains, asides that fact No state in entire south is predominantly a muslim state, its no brainer why muslim muslim ticket dominated the north and if xtain xtain dominate the south it only justapose the dominating population within the south. no be only 65% he should have rounded it up to 70%

If Colonial masters brought Christianity to Nigeria, who brought Islam? The Yorubas were originally traditionalists. It's on record that Ife, known as the cradle of the Yorubas, has just one day, out of 365 days, on which no sacrifice is offered. Go and get education, little boy.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by OlawaleBammie: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
omotoniwa:
what are you saying. In ondo christain are 90% Muslim are 10% in ekiti christian are 99% Muslim are just 1% in oyo christain are 60% Muslim are 40% in ogun christain are 80% Muslim are 20% in Lagos christain 60% Muslim are 40% you can also do your findings to know the truth.
maami i didnt just want to be too forward that is why i said so jare
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by ElSudani: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
if the situation were reversed and both candidates were christians will u still speed this trash?

We don't elect our leaders based on religion in Yorubaland.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Yankee101: 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fallacy precedes failure
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by BatinHisoki: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Igbos is the only tribe in Nigeria that's too tribalistic and us religion in everywhere. You'll see Yoruba Muslims cohabitating with Yoruba christians, you'll see Fulani Muslims with Fulani Christians, you'll see Hausa Muslims with Hausa christians, you'll see Igala, kanuri, ebira Muslims with their Christians living peacefully without any discrimination. But when it comes to Igbo it's not the same. The igbos only respect and show love when you can benefit them
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Osaze007: 12:32am On Jul 20, 2022
To me I believe
Christine - 45%
Muslims-42%
Traditionalist aethist a 13%

Yoruba land is non Muslim majority
Even if Christian were 42% it’s still not enough
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by chrisvic007: 12:38am On Jul 20, 2022
MDM2021:

Ishaq Akintola, Farooq Kperogi and Shittu must be Ibos. Keep deceiving yourself.

I know what I'm saying. Ishaq Akintola has an association protecting the interest of Muslims, there is nothing wrong in that.

Farooq Kperogi has not done anything meaningful for Muslims, he is only playing with words to show his academic prowess.

None of these persons has ever mentioned "Yoruba Muslims". It is a creation of nnamdi kanu and made popular on Nairaland by his blindfolded and poorly educated followers.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 4:36am On Jul 20, 2022
chrisvic007:

I know what I'm saying. Ishaq Akintola has an association protecting the interest of Muslims, there is nothing wrong in that.

Farooq Kperogi has not done anything meaningful for Muslims, he is only playing with words to show his academic prowess.

None of these persons has ever mentioned "Yoruba Muslims". It is a creation of nnamdi kanu and made popular on Nairaland by his blindfolded and poorly educated followers.

You goofed. When you wake up from your slumber, google and read "2023: Why There Will Be Religious Civil War In Nigeria If Osinbajo Becomes President — Farooq Kperogi".

None of these people mentioned "Yoruba Muslims" right?

Read: "It’s now time for Yoruba Muslim to be Nigeria president — MURIC jubilate over Tinubu’s declaration".

Read: "2023: MURIC lists eight Yoruba Muslims ‘fit’ for presidency".

Read: "Reactions as group seeks implementation of Sharia Law in South-West"

Finally, this Shittu that says SW population is 65% Muslims must be Ibo - right?

Leave Ibos out of this. It's your envy towards the spread of Christianity in SW that's driving you desperate for the presidency thinking that's the magic wand your christian brothers have been using to multiply. Obasanjo was not desperate to become the president in 1976 and 1999, he was called. Sonekan was called too. Yemi Osinbajo did not take the honour upon himself, he was also called. These people got with ease what MKO of blessed memory struggled in vain to achieve.

While some of you claim to be Yorubas, you fail to understand what your forebears called "Ori" and "Akunleyan". That's why you resolved to pushing for Sharia and hijab as well as dropping your Yoruba names for Arabic names out of desperation, thinking you're building an impregnable barrier.

If CAN had not been playing wisely, the speeches of Farooq and Ishaq would have set the SW on fire. MURIC doesn't want Yoruba Muslims to vote for Yoruba Christian candidates but you people want Yoruba Christians to vote for your candidate - right?
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by MDM2021: 4:41am On Jul 20, 2022
BatinHisoki:
Igbos is the only tribe in Nigeria that's too tribalistic and us religion in everywhere. You'll see Yoruba Muslims cohabitating with Yoruba christians, you'll see Fulani Muslims with Fulani Christians, you'll see Hausa Muslims with Hausa christians, you'll see Igala, kanuri, ebira Muslims with their Christians living peacefully without any discrimination. But when it comes to Igbo it's not the same. The igbos only respect and show love when you can benefit them

That was true in those days. Things are changing these days. We saw how some Muslims were so bold to be throwning stones at Christians within church premises in Kwara State. How about those Muslims that attacked Christians during night vigils in Kwara State?
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Jkilo: 5:05am On Jul 20, 2022
The earlier they realise Yorubas dont do religious politicking, the better for their papa. Except ofcos they want what happened in the North to start happening in the West. Osun state election should have shown them that.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Jkilo: 5:13am On Jul 20, 2022
These Northern people are overrating themselves. Ganduje went to Osun to play thesame religious card and it didn't work. The only reason why these men are still valid in the West is because Tinubu is still in APC. The Yoruba support they are gathering is because BAT is a Yoruba man, not because he is a Muslim. The nonsense religious cards they have been playing is why the North is in shambles. Take away religion from average Northern muslims, you will realise how empty they are.
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Damisic: 6:40am On Jul 20, 2022
tellmemore15:
Ondo Christian 80% muslim 20%
Ekiti Christians 80% muslim 20%
Osun Christians 65% muslim35%
Oyo Christians 50% muslim50%
Ogun Christians 60% muslim 40%
Lagos Christians 60% muslim40%

That is the statistics. There is no state in Yoruba land where Muslim indigenes are more than Christian indigenes, except the conquered territories that is ilorin and some part of kogi

Which part of kogi was conquered......ijumu dey ...only lokkja I can say that their yoruba population is not much

That doesn't mean ..when we are going independent we are leaving lokkja
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Damisic: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2022
MDM2021:

If Colonial masters brought Christianity to Nigeria, who brought Islam? The Yorubas were originally traditionalists. It's on record that Ife, known as the cradle of the Yorubas, has just one day, out of 365 days, on which no sacrifice is offered. Go and get education, little boy.
islam was brought thru trade by mali

Not like how the british forceful convert us with their guns
Re: South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu by Damisic: 7:03am On Jul 20, 2022
BenYeshua:
We have six south west State.
Ondo= Christian Majority
Ekitit= Christan Majority
Ogun= Christan Majority
Only osun and Oyo have a heavy presence of Islam and majority of them are not even committed they still attend Christian prayer center (Ori oke). No wonder Northern Muslims consider Yoruba Muslims infidels

Ondo.. chris

Ekiti Chris

Ogun...50

Oyo and osun .. muslim

Note population of ondo and ekiti is not up to the pupulation óf oyo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / Washington Post: Nigerian President’s Long Absence Empowers Energetic Deputy / Anxiety As Emefiele Misses Buhari’s Deadline To Return To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.