Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians (8311 Views)

Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by sotall(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2022
naija4life247:

And become homosexuals? In few years, we will not know whether Jesus is male or female. He will be X in the Bible, but He will remain HE in the Quran
If you are tagging christianity with homosexuals

What about islam?

Look at the way you are committing blasphemy against Jesus of the bible. Deborah didn't do up to this and she was killed.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2022
IamAtikulate:

This is the arrogance that annoys Christians about Moslems. You know Christianity more than Christians, yet you people exhibit very poor understanding of the basic tenet of the religion.

I don't have your time because you people don't even know the true message of Mohammed.
1. Everything you practice today was handed over to you guys by Caliph Umar who buried the original Koran.

2. Your Koran was written through oral tradition 20 years after Mohammed's death and his companions.

3. Your most Sahih Hadith Bukhari was written over 200 years after Mohammed's death through oral tradition.

4. Bible was written by apostles who witnessed Jesus not random individuals.

When they say bring facts, you he emotional and talk anyhow.

1. Any reference to this from any source?

2. They say go and learn with an open heart, you refused. The Qur'an was originally memorised by the sahaba as it was revealed to the prophet SAW while others wrote down verses of it in different places. What necessitated the compilation of the Quran was the death of many of those who had memorised the holy book.

Also, it would serve the community better to have a book that can be carried to the furthest of places without the need of having someone who memorised the book being to that place.

To this day, Muslims across the globe memorise the Qur'an and keep it off hand even when the physical copy of the book is here.

How does that means a change in the Qur'an that was revealed?

The Arabs have got a tradition and an uncommon way of life, they were a community of people who take poetry and story telling to the extreme to an apostle extent that their poets memorised books of poetry! Check the history of the Arabs and see how people committed to memory 5 volumes of books on poetry, they are a people who have shown a knack for memorising things.

3. Ahadiths were compiled not written, get the difference between the two words.

4. Funny, how Paul who was never an apostle wrote and influenced the religion more than any of the apostle to the extent of bringing things into the religion that none of the apostle never mentioned. A lot of the Christianity of Paul went even against the teachings of the old testament.

Also, there were 12 righteous apostles but the bible carried only the books of 4 of them, how comes?
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

Dear ArrewaNorth, I woulf love to discuss the Christianity and Islam subject with you. Two quivck questions, please.

1. If God permits (it would never happen without divine permisssion) earlier revelations to be distorted and corrupted, then why should we believe that he didn't allow successive revelations to experience similar fate? After all, God is sovereign.

That is usially the Muslim go-to, everytime. You want us to believe quite blasphemously that somehow the bible is corrupt but God learned his lessons in time and did not allow the same to repeat itself.

2. If the Quran is the authentic revelation, how do we know/verify? All previous revelations are corrupt, so with what do we compare the new revelation.

Answer this first

1. Compare the bible to itself.
2. 1 above.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 9:22am On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

You are trying to be clever, sir. Who is ultimately responsible for preserving holy books? Man or God? Who should get credit for preserving the Quran?

If God is responsible for preserving the holy books, who gives you Christians the right to defame the holy book and say has God wanted we won't have son so.

How right the saying of Allah: ... and they say has God wanted we would not have taken besides him others as partners in worship, we and our fathers before us....
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by emmanok24(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Average Muslim know Christianity more than some Christians. Muslims know a lot about Judaism and Christianity. May be you are very ignorant of Islam. Islam sees Judaism and Christianity as earlier versions of Islam, revelations given within the same tradition by Allah but misunderstood over time by their followers. Muslims see Islam as the final, complete, and correct revelation in the monotheistic tradition of the three faiths.

In the Qur'an, Jesus is referred to in ninety three verses in fifteen Chapters; and mentioned by name twenty-five times as “son of Mary” or “Messiah Jesus, son of Mary”.

Islam agrees with Christianity that Jesus was born to a virgin, was sinless, performed miracles, and was superior to other prophets. Both Islam and Judaism teach that Jesus was not in any way Divine. Jews think Jesus was no more than a Rabbi. Islam teaches Jesus was no more than a prophet and a word/sign of Allah. (Qur’an 43:61)

Islam, denies the central teaching and belief of Christianity by denying Jesus' divinity, crucifixion, and resurrection. Judaism denies the divinity of Jesus; but not his crucifixion. Both Islam and Judaism deny the Christian belief in original sin.

Jews and Muslims are both in fundamental agreement that neither Jesus, nor any other human, should be worshiped as a God, or as any part of the one and only God.

Your knowledge of Judaism and Christianity is honestly impressive and I must commend how much time you invested into your knowledge.

Now, let me bring some things to your knowledge and even though I know your ideology can’t be changed I hope it helps diffuse some of your thoughts.

You need to first know that there was NOTHING called Islam until the 7th Century (CE), while Christianity was founded in the 1st Century (CE).

I also love how you mentioned about monotheism; unarguably the 3 religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are all traced to Abraham and called the “The Abrahamic Religions” because of God’s covenant with Abraham (Genesis 12:1-2) & (Genesis 15:2-16) because they all can trace their existence and strong belief in GOD.

Now note this, Judaism was a direct religion that was started after many years of God’s walk with the Children of Israel which emanated from the days of the Laws, Priesthood and the Prophets and the strict adherence to the ordinances of the Israelites’ belief in the God of their Forefather Abraham. Abraham was the Biological Father of the founder of the Nation of Israel and I’m sure you know the rest. The Holy Book of Judaism is the first 5 books of the Bible Written by Moses called the TORAH. Note, Judaism believe that there’s is only one God and none other than Him.

Christianity however is an offshoot of Judaism; has a strong believe in another seed of God’s covenant with the children of Abraham (genealogy traced Jesus to Abraham) - Matthew 1:1-17.
If you can calmly read and understand the Bible even from an historical point of view you’ll see that the PLACE OF JESUS was for the redemption of the Nation of Israel and in extension the salvation of all who believe in Him (whether Gentile or Jew).
The Old Testament is filled with various foretelling of the divinity of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14) and the Gospel, Epistle and other writings of the Old Testament attest to this vividly.

Islam however is a religion that traces its link to the person of Ishmael who was Abraham’s First Biological Son but NOT THE COVENANTED SON (Genesis 16:11-12) & Genesis 21:1-20. This claim is valid because the blessings God had with Abraham was also upon Ishmael and evidently was fulfilled in the birth of man nations through Him as promised by God to Abraham. Islam also believe there’s is ONLY ONE GOD and this can be seen through their faith that is linked to Abraham, however Islam’s belief system is skewed and historically have proven to have many inconsistencies in their practices starting from the source of their Holy Book called the Quran. This document although contains moral, social and spiritual teachings but have not definite place in spirituality as it’s authorship isn’t verifiable as “Prophet Mohammed” claimed that Angel Gabriel recited the ENTIRE QURAN to His hearing.

In conclusion, Islam and Judaism has so many things in common in terms of religious practices and Christianity is distinctly different by the divinity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

The Holy City of Jerusalem is also another unifying factor for this religions and also pushes the MONOTHEISTIC beliefs but SALVATION LIES ONLY IN JESUS CHRIST (John 14:6).

My brethren, never lose sight of God’s promises of His love for humanity and most especially believers.

Live in love and let the light of Christ shine through you.

God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by lereinter(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2022
What do you by no reverse gear?

You haven't not seen people whose father and mother are Christian and the daughter is a muslim

You should be happy, you have opportunity to sleep with 4 women

Enjoy oga, nobody will Stone you to death
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by lereinter(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Average Muslim know Christianity more than some Christians. Muslims know a lot about Judaism and Christianity. May be you are very ignorant of Islam. Islam sees Judaism and Christianity as earlier versions of Islam, revelations given within the same tradition by Allah but misunderstood over time by their followers. Muslims see Islam as the final, complete, and correct revelation in the monotheistic tradition of the three faiths.

In the Qur'an, Jesus is referred to in ninety three verses in fifteen Chapters; and mentioned by name twenty-five times as “son of Mary” or “Messiah Jesus, son of Mary”.

Islam agrees with Christianity that Jesus was born to a virgin, was sinless, performed miracles, and was superior to other prophets. Both Islam and Judaism teach that Jesus was not in any way Divine. Jews think Jesus was no more than a Rabbi. Islam teaches Jesus was no more than a prophet and a word/sign of Allah. (Qur’an 43:61)

Islam, denies the central teaching and belief of Christianity by denying Jesus' divinity, crucifixion, and resurrection. Judaism denies the divinity of Jesus; but not his crucifixion. Both Islam and Judaism deny the Christian belief in original sin.

Jews and Muslims are both in fundamental agreement that neither Jesus, nor any other human, should be worshiped as a God, or as any part of the one and only God.

So why do Muslims hate Jews

Since they are both brothers in crime

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 10:20am On Jul 20, 2022
emmanok24:

Your knowledge of Judaism and Christianity is honestly impressive and I must commend how much time you invested into your knowledge.

Now, let me bring some things to your knowledge and even though I know your ideology can’t be changed I hope it helps diffuse some of your thoughts.

You need to first know that there was NOTHING called Islam until the 7th Century (CE), while Christianity was founded in the 1st Century (CE).

I also love how you mentioned about monotheism; unarguably the 3 religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are all traced to Abraham and called the “The Abrahamic Religions” because of God’s covenant with Abraham (Genesis 12:1-2) & (Genesis 15:2-16) because they all can trace their existence and strong belief in GOD.

Now note this, Judaism was a direct religion that was started after many years of God’s walk with the Children of Israel which emanated from the days of the Laws, Priesthood and the Prophets and the strict adherence to the ordinances of the Israelites’ belief in the God of their Forefather Abraham. Abraham was the Biological Father of the founder of the Nation of Israel and I’m sure you know the rest. The Holy Book of Judaism is the first 5 books of the Bible Written by Moses called the TORAH. Note, Judaism believe that there’s is only one God and none other than Him.

Christianity however is an offshoot of Judaism; has a strong believe in another seed of God’s covenant with the children of Abraham (genealogy traced Jesus to Abraham) - Matthew 1:1-17.
If you can calmly read and understand the Bible even from an historical point of view you’ll see that the PLACE OF JESUS was for the redemption of the Nation of Israel and in extension the salvation of all who believe in Him (whether Gentile or Jew).
The Old Testament is filled with various foretelling of the divinity of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14) and the Gospel, Epistle and other writings of the Old Testament attest to this vividly.

Islam however is a religion that traces its link to the person of Ishmael who was Abraham’s First Biological Son but NOT THE COVENANTED SON (Genesis 16:11-12) & Genesis 21:1-20. This claim is valid because the blessings God had with Abraham was also upon Ishmael and evidently was fulfilled in the birth of man nations through Him as promised by God to Abraham. Islam also believe there’s is ONLY ONE GOD and this can be seen through their faith that is linked to Abraham, however Islam’s belief system is skewed and historically have proven to have many inconsistencies in their practices starting from the source of their Holy Book called the Quran. This document although contains moral, social and spiritual teachings but have not definite place in spirituality as it’s authorship isn’t verifiable as “Prophet Mohammed” claimed that Angel Gabriel recited the ENTIRE QURAN to His hearing.

In conclusion, Islam and Judaism has so many things in common in terms of religious practices and Christianity is distinctly different by the divinity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

The Holy City of Jerusalem is also another unifying factor for this religions and also pushes the MONOTHEISTIC beliefs but SALVATION LIES ONLY IN JESUS CHRIST (John 14:6).

My brethren, never lose sight of God’s promises of His love for humanity and most especially believers.

Live in love and let the light of Christ shine through you.

God bless you!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by lereinter(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Al over the world Islam favour killings of Christians and Jews

What's the work of jihadist

Have you had Jews stoning or killing people cos of blasphemy

Have you heard Christians or Jews releasing a fatha of killings on an individual

Oga

Anybody can worship anything even the devil which Islam is but stop coming to sweet mouth it

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

You are trying to be clever, sir. Who is ultimately responsible for preserving holy books? Man or God? Who should get credit for preserving the Quran?
I

God has given mankind prerogative programmed powers to handle his affairs with the blessing of sense.
The complete Qur'an is miraculously preserved by God as the first book that human beings are capable of memorising intact Chapter after chapter, verse to verse, page to page in the right order despite the complexity of pronunciation of Arabic text which can easily have their meanings twisted without a mistake and the moment the mistake is heard when reciting Qur'an any Muslim believer will take note of it.
All Muslims in the world memorised significant portion of Qur'an from generation to generation and as such no amount of distortion can affect it, effort to distort it will definitely go invain. Unlike other religious books that you can meet millions of believers who don't memorie their book. This is the best of all preservation. The credit goes to God for giving Muslims the uncommon instinct to memorise the book as the best way of preserving it to avoid the consequences of burning, distortion and abuse!

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2022
IamAtikulate:

This is the arrogance that annoys Christians about Moslems. You know Christianity more than Christians, yet you people exhibit very poor understanding of the basic tenet of the religion.

I don't have your time because you people don't even know the true message of Mohammed. Everything you practice today was handed over to you guys by Caliph Umar who buried the original Koran.

Your Koran was written through oral tradition 20 years after Mohammed's death and his companions.

Your most Sahih Hadith Bukhari was written over 200 years after Mohammed's death through oral tradition.

Bible was written by apostles who witnessed Jesus not random individuals.

Wonderful dogmatic assertion!
Unlike your assertion, oral tradition of preserving document doesn't exist in writing Qur'an. Hadith was accepted orally from known pious companions but not Qur'an.
The written document of Qur'an were recorded on materials as diverse as Saddle Wood, Stone Tablets, Bone Tablets, LLeather, Parchments, Leaves, Branches, Trunks and the Bark of Palm Trees, PPaper, clothes, dry clay as well as having been preserved in people’s memories. It was well preserved because it is recite in 5 daily prayers.

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2022
lereinter:

Al over the world Islam favour killings of Christians and Jews

What's the work of jihadist

Have you had Jews stoning or killing people cos of blasphemy

Have you heard Christians or Jews releasing a fatha of killings on an individual

Oga

Anybody can worship anything even the devil which Islam is but stop coming to sweet mouth it

The history of religious civilisation is there for you to read. From your comment it seems you are deeply ignorance of religious civilisation of the 3 major religions especially the Judaism.
Religious violence in most cases isn't directly connected to religion but have affinity to persecution and intimidation by others which lead to taking defensive stand just like what is happening in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and other Muslims Nations who are deliberately invaded, persecuted and have their right violated and later after taking defensive stand accused f terrorism. If not because of Christian Nations' (EU&US) intimidation, invasion, persecution and what have there would've never been terrorism in those places.
There was a time Christians had Templars, Crusaders and take the most cruel religious killings in history under many crusader invasions. Go and read the history of Europe in 18th and 19h century's massacre and carnage which is a glimpse of current Arab Nations conflict and you will believe my assertion that the seemingly violence from one religious group is the creation of certain circumstances different from what you are made to believe today.

Concerning Israel and Judaism, it seems you are completely ignorant of the persecution of Muslims and Christians in Israel today especially the Christians.

Only ignorant, religious fanatics in Nigeria are happy when Israel is attacking any Arab Nation or Palestine because they are so dumb to know the reaction of the world during such difficult times, how Jewish see Christianity and how Christians are treated in Israel.
Please follow the following links and buy some sense:

CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION IN ISRAEL (INCLUDING THE WEST BANK AND GAZA)
The two major religions in Israel are Judaism and Sunni Islam, with Christians composing a small minority. In Jewish communities, Jews who follow Christ risk rejection, social pressure and occasional violence from ultra-Orthodox Jews and organized anti-missionary groups. Christians in Israel proper often experience family rejection, low social standing and limited hope of job advancement. Jewish anti-missionary groups, especially Yad L’Achim, sometimes protest outside churches, cursing Christians and vandalizing their buildings. The anti-missionary activities have at times included violence against Christians.
https://www.persecution.com/globalprayerguide/israel/?_source_code=WHPB20C

The Pew Research Center has identified Israel as one of the countries that place "high restrictions" on the free exercise of religion and there have been limits placed on non-Orthodox Jewish movements, which are unrecognized. The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2019. was 74.2% Jewish, 17.8% Muslim, 2.0% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. Muslim Arabs, citizens of Israel currently hold 17 of 120 seats in Israel parliament. Muslims have constitutional rights as their counterparts Israel Jewish and experience little oppression compared to Christians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel

Christians Feel Growing Oppression in Israel
The experience of many Messianic and traditional Christians in Israel today who increasingly find themselves under assault, especially those living in or near orthodox Jewish neighborhoods. Recently, two churches were painted with slogans such as “Jesus is dead” and “Death to Christianity.” Many priests are daily spat upon when walking on the streets in Jerusalem.
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/take-action/pray/christians-feel-growing-oppression-in-israel/

'We Curse Christianity Three Times a Day': Jews
The 1965 Vatican Council, and subsequent efforts by the Church to reconcile with Judaism, did not win over Orthodox Jews, who believe that their reading of the Scriptures is correct.
https://www.haaretz.com/life/books/.premium.MAGAZINE-we-curse-christianity-three-times-a-day-can-jews-and-christians-truly-reconcile-1.9072566

American Jews Still Reeling From Rise In Anti-Semitism After Israel-Hamas Conflict, Survey Shows
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/06/14/american-jews-still-reeling-from-rise-in-anti-semitism-after-israel-hamas-conflict-survey-shows/?sh=512588ad1d6f

Who's behind recent rise in US anti-Semitic attacks?
As the world watched fighting rage in Israel and Gaza, US Jews endured an increase in anti-Semitic attacks on a scale not seen during previous Middle East conflicts in US.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57286341

Anti-Semitic attacks are being reported in US cities as tensions flare over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Several Jewish people have been attacked in cities across the United States.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/21/us/anti-semitic-attacks-new-york-los-angeles/index.html

Violence Against Jews Rose Last Year in US, Germany
https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_violence-against-jews-rose-last-year-us-germany/6204287.html

Jewish American groups appeal to Biden White House after string of antisemitic attacks related to Israel. Several of the most prominent U.S. Jewish organizations appealed Friday to the Biden White House to take measures to combat antisemitism after a string of attacks on Jews across the country related to the Mideast conflict between Israel and Hamas.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/05/21/jews-antisemitic-attack-los-angeles-times-square-biden-israel-palestine/

Anytime when Israel attack Palestinians they face more anti-Semitic attack across Europe and US. However, in Nigeria people like u who are ignorant of not only your religion but the religious circumstances around the globe think attack on Muslims by Jewish is a good move not knowing that Jewish are being attacked across Western Nations because they know who are Jews and the evil they're perpetrating against Christianity.

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SHINJA: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2022
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SHINJA: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

The history of religious civilisation is there for you to read. From your comment it seems you are deeply ignorance of religious civilisation of the 3 major religions especially the Judaism.
Religious violence in most cases isn't directly connected to religion but have affinity to persecution and intimidation by others which lead to taking defensive stand just like what is happening in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and other Muslims Nations who are deliberately invaded, persecuted and have their right violated and later after taking defensive stand accused f terrorism. If not because of Christian Nations' (EU&US) intimidation, invasion, persecution and what have there would've never been terrorism in those places.
There was a time Christians had Templars, Crusaders and take the most cruel religious killings in history under many crusader invasions. Go and read the history of Europe in 18th and 19h century's massacre and carnage which is a glimpse of current Arab Nations conflict and you will believe my assertion that the seemingly violence from one religious group is the creation of certain circumstances different from what you are made to believe today.

Concerning Israel and Judaism, it seems you are completely ignorant of the persecution of Muslims and Christians in Israel today especially the Christians.

Only ignorant, religious fanatics in Nigeria are happy when Israel is attacking any Arab Nation or Palestine because they are so dumb to know the reaction of the world during such difficult times, how Jewish see Christianity and how Christians are treated in Israel.
Please follow the following links and buy some sense:

CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION IN ISRAEL (INCLUDING THE WEST BANK AND GAZA)
The two major religions in Israel are Judaism and Sunni Islam, with Christians composing a small minority. In Jewish communities, Jews who follow Christ risk rejection, social pressure and occasional violence from ultra-Orthodox Jews and organized anti-missionary groups. Christians in Israel proper often experience family rejection, low social standing and limited hope of job advancement. Jewish anti-missionary groups, especially Yad L’Achim, sometimes protest outside churches, cursing Christians and vandalizing their buildings. The anti-missionary activities have at times included violence against Christians.
https://www.persecution.com/globalprayerguide/israel/?_source_code=WHPB20C

The Pew Research Center has identified Israel as one of the countries that place "high restrictions" on the free exercise of religion and there have been limits placed on non-Orthodox Jewish movements, which are unrecognized. The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2019. was 74.2% Jewish, 17.8% Muslim, 2.0% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. Muslim Arabs, citizens of Israel currently hold 17 of 120 seats in Israel parliament. Muslims have constitutional rights as their counterparts Israel Jewish and experience little oppression compared to Christians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel

Christians Feel Growing Oppression in Israel
The experience of many Messianic and traditional Christians in Israel today who increasingly find themselves under assault, especially those living in or near orthodox Jewish neighborhoods. Recently, two churches were painted with slogans such as “Jesus is dead” and “Death to Christianity.” Many priests are daily spat upon when walking on the streets in Jerusalem.
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/take-action/pray/christians-feel-growing-oppression-in-israel/

The 1965 Vatican Council, and subsequent efforts by the Church to reconcile with Judaism, did not win over Orthodox Jews, who believe that their reading of the Scriptures is correct.
https://www.haaretz.com/life/books/.premium.MAGAZINE-we-curse-christianity-three-times-a-day-can-jews-and-christians-truly-reconcile-1.9072566

American Jews Still Reeling From Rise In Anti-Semitism After Israel-Hamas Conflict, Survey Shows
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/06/14/american-jews-still-reeling-from-rise-in-anti-semitism-after-israel-hamas-conflict-survey-shows/?sh=512588ad1d6f

Who's behind recent rise in US anti-Semitic attacks?
As the world watched fighting rage in Israel and Gaza, US Jews endured an increase in anti-Semitic attacks on a scale not seen during previous Middle East conflicts in US.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57286341

Anti-Semitic attacks are being reported in US cities as tensions flare over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Several Jewish people have been attacked in cities across the United States.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/21/us/anti-semitic-attacks-new-york-los-angeles/index.html

Violence Against Jews Rose Last Year in US, Germany
https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_violence-against-jews-rose-last-year-us-germany/6204287.html

Jewish American groups appeal to Biden White House after string of antisemitic attacks related to Israel. Several of the most prominent U.S. Jewish organizations appealed Friday to the Biden White House to take measures to combat antisemitism after a string of attacks on Jews across the country related to the Mideast conflict between Israel and Hamas.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/05/21/jews-antisemitic-attack-los-angeles-times-square-biden-israel-palestine/

Anytime when Israel attack Palestinians they face more anti-Semitic attack across Europe and US. However, in Nigeria people like u who are ignorant of not only your religion but the religious circumstances around the globe think attack on Muslims by Jewish is a good move not knowing that Jewish are being attacked across Western Nations because they know who are Jews and the evil they're perpetrating against Christianity.

Wish you can preach this way to your Islamic brothers bokoharam..

Your religion is a curse to man kind..

Every country and religion in the world has problem with Islam .

No right right thinking individual will follow the footsteps of Mohammad..

Without Islam in the world ,the world will be a peaceful place for humanity..

Remove Islam from Nigeria and you will notice the end of terrorism in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by kettykin: 11:24am On Jul 20, 2022
Haakeem:
You sound so dumb.

How
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ISelectMySins: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2022
SU50:

1. Compare the bible to itself.
2. 1 above.

You didn't answer the first question. What do you mean by comparing the bible to itself? I'm asking why you think God did not preserve the Bible, but he preserved the Quran. Please read the objection again and answer me.

As to 2), yes, there is nothing to compare the bible with because it is the origin. It doesn't contradict or even try to explain previously given occurrence. Instead, it states what happened to the Jewish people in the past and how their relationship with God went.

Any succeesive revelation THAT IS BASED ON THE BIBLE STORIES has a need to prove whatever claims it make from, yes the Bible, but according to you, it is corrupt, so do we take your admission at face value without any proof whatsoever?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ISelectMySins: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2022
SU50:

If God is responsible for preserving the holy books, who gives you Christians the right to defame the holy book and say has God wanted we won't have son so.

How right the saying of Allah: ... and they say has God wanted we would not have taken besides him others as partners in worship, we and our fathers before us....

Which holy books did Christians defame? Do you have proof - a quote would do. Please understand that you cannot use the Quran to prove that the Quran is right. It doesn't have that authority.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ISelectMySins: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:
I

God has given mankind prerogative programmed powers to handle his affairs with the blessing of sense.
The complete Qur'an is miraculously preserved by God as the first book that human beings are capable of memorising intact Chapter after chapter, verse to verse, page to page in the right order despite the complexity of pronunciation of Arabic text which can easily have their meanings twisted without a mistake and the moment the mistake is heard when reciting Qur'an any Muslim believer will take note of it.
All Muslims in the world memorised significant portion of Qur'an from generation to generation and as such no amount of distortion can affect it, effort to distort it will definitely go invain. Unlike other religious books that you can meet millions of believers who don't memorie their book. This is the best of all preservation. The credit goes to God for giving Muslims the uncommon instinct to memorise the book as the best way of preserving it to avoid the consequences of burning, distortion and abuse!

From what you have just said and what I can infer, God preserved the Quran using human memory.

So it wasn't a direct divine act. It was the zeal of the people with the help of God? Is that, right? I want to understand your point first.

And I hope you can see me laughing you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

From what you have just said and what I can infer, God preserved the Quran using human memory.

So it wasn't a direct divine act. It was the zeal of the people with the help of God? Is that, right? I want to understand your point first.

And I hope you can see me laughing you.

One thing abt any religion is, the believer stands on the principles, injunctions and adherence of the religion irrespective of the controversy and opinion of others.
If you aren't ignorant of the 3 religions you will understand that the same Angel Gabriel revealed the divine revelation that guide the conduct of the followers as claimed by all the 3 religions. So, what is the difference between the approaches?
Before you laugh, put yourself in the shoe of unbelievers of the 3 religions and imagine their reactions to God's existence, the birth of Jesus (PBUH), the mode of receiving divine revelation from God, the holy spirit and what have you. You may end up never to believe them but because you are born in a religious family and just dogmatically believe their belief that is why you even have the gut to make such outrageous assertion.
Ponder well, do some independent research and know more about religion rather than relying on what others feed to your head.

1 Like

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ISelectMySins: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

One thing abt any religion is, the believer stands on the principles, injunctions and adherence of the religion irrespective of the controversy and opinion of others.
If you aren't ignorant of the 3 religions you will understand that the same Angel Gabriel revealed the divine revelation that guide the conduct of the followers as claimed by all the 3 religions. So, what is the difference between the approaches?
Before you laugh, put yourself in the shoe of unbelievers of the 3 religions and imagine their reactions to God's existence, the birth of Jesus (PBUH), the mode of receiving divine revelation from God, the holy spirit and what have you. You may end up never to believe them but because you are born in a religious family and just dogmatically believe their belief that is why you even have the gut to make such outrageous assertion.
Ponder well, do some independent research and know more about religion rather than relying on what others feed to your head.

I do not believe all mainstream christian beliefs/teachings. I have a very thorough and well rounded belief about the christian faith that is not influenced by mainstream christian beliefs, so your point is mute. I try to be as objective as as I can. Take for instance, a jews comes to me and says Christianity and Islam are corruption of Judaism. Believe you me, I'd hear him out, but a muslim who says Judaism and Islam are corrupt would not be taken seriously.

There is no reason for divine revelation to be corrupt. Sure, at different juncture in time, the people had corrupted their ways, but it was the way they lived that was corrupt, not the book given to instruct them. Come to think of it, is it even possible for the bible to be corrupt? Is it within the domain of reality? I answer no.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ArewaNorth: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

I do not believe all mainstream christian beliefs/teachings. I have a very thorough and well rounded belief about the christian faith that is not influenced by mainstream christian beliefs, so your point is mute. I try to be as objective as as I can. Take for instance, a jews comes to me and says Christianity and Islam are corruption of Judaism. Believe you me, I'd hear him out, but a muslim who says Judaism and Islam are corrupt would not be taken seriously.

There is no reason for divine revelation to be corrupt. Sure, at different juncture in time, the people had corrupted their ways, but it was the way they lived that was corrupt, not the book given to instruct them. Come to think of it, is it even possible for the bible to be corrupt? Is it within the domain of reality? I answer no.

If truly the revelation is divine and can't be corrupted then what happened to such pressure that led to some amendments of your scripture among others

Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by ISelectMySins: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

If truly the revelation is divine and can't be corrupted then what happened to such pressure that led to some amendments of your scripture among others

You still don'tget me. If the bible is corrupt. Then it is impossible to prove it or even know.

Who amended it and when was it amended? What portioms were amended and to what purpose? To deny the prophethood of Mohammed?

What jews do or say about the christian faith is totally justified. They are the custodian of the religion and even Jesus was a jews
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

Which holy books did Christians defame? Do you have proof - a quote would do. Please understand that you cannot use the Quran to prove that the Quran is right. It doesn't have that authority.

Simple google search woulda saved you ton of stress.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bible-changes-altered-jesus-testament-dead-sea-scrolls-gospel-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

https://historycollection.com/18-alteration-made-to-the-bible-and-its-consequences/6/

and lots more.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
emmanok24:

1. however Islam’s belief system is skewed and historically have proven to have many inconsistencies in their practices starting from the source of their Holy Book called the Quran. This document although contains moral, social and spiritual teachings

2. but have not definite place in spirituality as it’s authorship isn’t verifiable as “Prophet Mohammed” claimed that Angel Gabriel

3. recited the ENTIRE QURAN to His hearing.

1.2. 3.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
ISelectMySins:

You still don'tget me. If the bible is corrupt. Then it is impossible to prove it or even know.

Who amended it and when was it amended? What portioms were amended and to what purpose? To deny the prophethood of Mohammed?

What jews do or say about the christian faith is totally justified. They are the custodian of the religion and even Jesus was a jews

Still didn't go and read?
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by SU50: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
lereinter:

What do you by no reverse gear?

You haven't not seen people whose father and mother are Christian and the daughter is a muslim

You should be happy, you have opportunity to sleep with 4 women

Enjoy oga, nobody will Stone you to death

Supposed enlightened fela. Saddened.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by Treepower2000: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
Spy360:

If there is no original sin, then there is no sin at all in the world and religion or God is false and no need for Him.

If there is original sin, then there's a need for a saviour, a Messiah - hence Jesus.

If Jesus was just a rabbi or prophet, then virgin birth is false, and He was not sinless; He is an impostor. If He is a saviour (and not an impostor) - born of a virgin and sinless then He is God. For it is only God that can save, and it is only Him that is sinless , not a rabbi or prophet.

If He is God, and saviour then he died and ressurected. If He did not die, He did not ressurect, if He did not ressurect, He is not God. If He is not God, then we are all damned, because there will be no good in the world. No hope, no justice, all is vanity.

If there is hope in life, and justice in posterity then Jesus is God.
So God died. Who was Jesus crying to then to take away the cup from him?
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by excess4luv: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Entprys:
Even here in Saare, most people are muslim. Why mum do this to us. Being a christian here is like driving against the trafic.
When Alhaji was alife, everybody know him in Alaguntan Iyana Ipaja. He never played with islam. Now see what Alhaja before has turn us to. In Kwara here christians are politically ordinary fisi.
But I made sure I married a muslim(Adijat) and my children all bear muslim names.
Say NO to reverse gear.

Make we buy you kettle??
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by Idiko1: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
Omoslim26:

Both Islam and Christianity preach Equity, fairness and unity as core spices to inter-relate with our neighbors and society.
It's a shame that some greedy political class rather use their selfish and greedy interest to cause disunity and mistrust amongst ourselves.
Let's think more on values as men with honesty and decency in dealing with our neighbors and society.

Islam does not preach equity, fairness or unity. Islam behaves like a cult.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by maestroferddi: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You may disagree with the Muslims understanding of Christianity because you are so dogmatic and careless to learn more beyond what they teach you. Muslims have the root and first hand knowledge of Christianity before it was distorted to what u might have been fed with. True knowledge and value of Christianity is dated back to the times before pagans of Roman Empire distorted the knowledge to fit their throne. You need deep research on controversial conspiracies against Christianity!
You are not making sense!

Christianity is distorted? How do you know?

Christianity existed over 500 years before Muhammad was born. Prove how Christianity was distorted or corrupted using the popular adjective by misguided Muslims like you.

Islam is nothing but a plagiarized attempt on Christianity. If you have an elementary knowledge of church history especially heresies you would understand that Muhammad was simply allowed himself to be misled...
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by maestroferddi: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
SU50:

You guys will just have to always display your ignorance on your foreheads. What were the crusades?
They were was conducted to rec;laim lands stolen from Christianity during the Islamic murderous conquests.
Re: My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians by maestroferddi: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
SU50:

A Muslim will discuss Christianity with decorum and respect while still being knowledgeable, a lot of Christians can't.

Ask them fundamental questions and answers won't be forthcoming, discuss with any of them, see the way they display ignorance if the highest order with their loud mouths. Smh.
Engage me with your questions lets see who will run away...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SA To Tambuwal, Abubakar Kwaire Resigns, Decamps To APC / Governor Oyebanji Hails Victorious Nigerian Contingent To World Arts And Crafts / I Thought Obi Was Twitter President Until I Reached INEC Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.