Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? (161620 Views)

Guys Carry D'banj In A Chair To Future Awards (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Corrected D'banj In Church, Tells Him To Remove The Entire Bling- / Picture Of D'banj In His Days @ LASU Epe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by weedUp: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2011
@horny4u if you read my views from a non religious point then maybe you will get my point. Am not a religious person. The church is a holy place and even if dbanj wants to perform he should abide by the rules. A smoker no fit waka enter church with cigar for hand cos his a smoker and cos the church wants to win his soul; no! Am not a fan of the pastor or the musician. We should learn to respect rules . Tell me  Why do people respect the 'no smoking ' sign on planes?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Msrikky(f): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
hey, i concur wt all evry1 has been saying, y did dey invite D'banj,we all kno him n his style n by d way bishop oyedepo doesn't A̶̲̥̅̊v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ d right to tok 2 him lyk dat(Ą man of God doesn't tok down on pple), I'm not actually Ą fan of d'banj, but abeg sir dtz hypocrisy  ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ side(bishop to ni owo ju anybody lo, n he s spending it,wot wok does he ∂☺ other than preach)na wen oooo
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by anwuli1(f): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
but why would the organisers even invite d'banj to perform at a function where bishop oyedepo was the chair. well i support what bishop oyedepo did sha, at least he didn't tell him to get off stage, he told him he can perform, but he should beware of what he says. so bishop oyedepo should be there bobbing his head to d'banj singing "Do you like the koko, it's the sweetest koko, it's the biggest koko" or "absolutely endowed, upper body endowed, lower body endowed",

i blame the organisers. if they wanted to keep it hip and youth, then they should have invited d'banj and left bishop oyedepo out. if they wanted to keep it christian, then they should have left d'banj out. simple.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2011
To start with there is a difference between a church service and a social program in a university at least there should be. This whole story is looking fuzzy so some of us will just move on.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Nymphnode(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
How is he supposed to alter his performance at the last minute? Well, thats where he earns the title 'entertainer'. All there rehearsals for nothing.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
He doesn't want people to look at his church as corrupt and where he's raking money from as sinful! Hehehe. Mr. funny bishop get your schwag on!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by yamakuza: 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2011
@otokx:

[s]OP said church auditorium, but even at that:[/s]

CU na church o!

If u no know.

Efribodi get Bible. Services are compulsory.

I wonder if Muslims enrol there? Atheists, yes. But Muslims in CU?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by AJCB(m): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hmm na wa o, even Bishop Eddie Long wears bling bling and most times dresses like a gangster to mount the alter,
Common disease in naija be say, if you no sport my ideology, then you are wrong,
It was a university for young people, can Oyedepo claim that all the students are from winners chapel or born again? has that ever been the criteria for enrollment?
May God help us with this mentality!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by trueman1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
I don't think this story is real, because Dbanj never came at all, d last programme they did in CU was for the final year students 2 weeks ago and no musician of such was invited,even at the variety night at the university chapel.so Mr POSTER what is the source of your news, respond pls.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Dynamique: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
Pple r suffering while dem pastors r living in luxury,yet some pretend dat affluent lifestyle is a sin.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Danni2: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
Let the pastor try that in the U.S and see how much 'change' will remain in his bank account to fuel his private jet after he has finished with the court of law. before you invited him did d'banj change his name to pastor d'banj? any pastor that has a private jet has lost the title 'pastor'. pot calling kettle black.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by executinal(m): 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
crownx2:

Why do they invite the guy to church program in the first last.
So you mean that Dbanj is now Devil?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by liznas: 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
wow, D'banj shocked!!! , they wouldn't have invited D'banj to the church,
coz none of his music is a christian one, if i were the musician, i will take the embarrassment as a joke,
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by zikclassiq(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2011
I am also asking, why would dbanj be invited despite knowing that he has never sung any gospel song?
What were they thinking?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Feraz(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
Just like people have said. . .why was d'banj invited in the first place
horny4u:

The hypocrisy of your statement.
Who do we need in church? Good , honest people ? Well those should be in heaven not the church.
The church is to heal randy , dishonest, angry , bitter, greedy people, sagging trouser prisoners, LovePeddlers  etc and funny enough YOU and I grin deal with it .The church is a place where you go to get inspired and learn by example from dishonest people who have become honest as they know the road and signs, they show us that it is possible to get better and begin to feel worthy.

Would you prefer that DBANJ takes off the bling today and tomorrow refuses to come to the church tomorrow , YUP you will like that very much , wouldn't you and you say you are winning souls for Christ,
How do you heal an igbo smoker if his type is not allowed in church.
My dear holy people are in heaven so if you are on earth , then you must understand that no body holy pass and we are here to learn and bring out our greatness, and by the way all humans are equal in the eye of the Almighty ,

If you are perfect the you do not need the church, go start a church and teach others and if they all feel they are perfect lets see who will be a church member.

Christian defined in my opinion as Christ like, if you do something that Christ would not have done then are you a Christian , licking a pastors Bottom does not make you a Christian however loving your neighbour as yourself and treating your neighbours as you will want to be treated is Christlike and true Christianity.

Pls, tell him. Preach it on sis . . . . . .just like Jesus said, he didn't come to save the righteous but the sinners if not, how many lost souls would hell be counting right now? . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^^Because you have been to HELL before! Hehehe!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2011
[size=18pt]This Story lacks every form of Credibility, no pix or video evidence, na dem say[/size]
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by moty4all: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2011
[size=17pt]Rubbish, D'banj As Never Been Invited To My School Covenant University For Anything, Were Did U Poster Get This Fat Lie Information From,
[/size]
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by martinosi: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
moty4all:

[size=17pt]Rubbish,  D'banj As Never Been Invited To My School Covenant University For Anything,  Were Did U Poster Get This Fat Lie Information From,
[/size]

Someone that Goes to Covenant University should verify this source,

But i shall give you the facts that i know

1 - D'BANJ Parents are Deacons at Winners Chapel - this is a FACT!!!

2 - D'BANJ attended Winners as a child (Parents brought him up in that church)

3 - D'BANJ was a member of Winner chapel choir/Music Team

4 - D'BANJ backslide from the LORD and decided to sing secular music (This is a fact)

IF THE STORY IS TRUE THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY HE COULD GO TO THE YOUTH CONFERENCE
@ WINNERS CHAPEL TO PERFORM IN ANY MANNER,
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Biggie9: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2011
Fake story, the person behind the story should give us the date and the particular occasion/celebration that was happening in CU.
I attend winners and can tell u this never happened. At least nothing like that this year. End of story!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by moty4all: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
martinosi:

Someone that Goes to Covenant University should verify this source,

But i shall give you the facts that i know

1 - D'BANJ Parents are Deacons at Winners Chapel - this is a FACT!!!

2 - D'BANJ attended Winners as a child (Parents brought him up in that church)

3 - D'BANJ was a member of Winner chapel choir/Music Team

4 - D'BANJ backslide from the LORD and decided to sing secular music (This is a fact)

IF THE STORY IS TRUE THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY HE COULD GO TO THE YOUTH CONFERENCE
@ WINNERS CHAPEL TO PERFORM IN ANY MANNER,

[size=15pt]Yes All What U Said is True, 
But D'banj as never been invited to perform in Canaan Land-- Covenant University Or For Any Youth Conference , 
He only come up stage that was about 4 years ago to give a testimony nothing more,
I don't know why people exaggerate stories

If my fellow student are receiving warning letters from my school for listing to secular music why will dey invite the dude a secular singer, [/size]
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by freedoman: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
PLS CAN THIS REPLY OF MINE BE THE LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC?
Nigeria has 'burning issues' that need our contribution and wisdom.
I wish the over 52 replies to this post could go to other posts that will add value to us as a Nation (One of the objectives of this forum) and not some BASELESS GOSSIP about A PREACHER and A SINGER!
If this were ever true, then leave it to the parties involved! God, the preacher and the singer!
Shikena!!!

NB: Soft sells/gossips will give you ANY GIST to get your attention. E.g The DEVIL is now back in Heaven.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by martinosi: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
moty4all:

But D'banj as never been invited to perform in Canaan Land-- Covenant University Or For Any Youth Conference , 
He only come up stage that was about 4 years ago to give a testimony nothing more,

If my fellow student are receiving warning letters from my school for listing to secular music why will dey invite the dude a secular singer, [/size]

Thanks for this Clarification

Bishop Oyedepo is no fool, and people should not spread rumours about this man that has an
Impeccable Character and strong integrity, nuff said!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by deluxecad(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
Sorry, I don't really like this D'banj guy. Gimme 9ice any time, any day. No Be Mistake!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by eherbal(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
the ol goat invited him to embarrass him,simple!he new bout his profile b4 ridiculing the poor lad.all was for show.he wants to show he's the man of God after all. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by vicoloni(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
[b]HATERS OF OYEDEPO BACK OFF! For God sake do you expect the man of God to know everything the students do? Am pretty sure he wasnt aware that D'Banj was invited to perform probably till he got to the venue of the event!
Do you expect him to just sit there and watch D'banj turn d stage to planet one? He did what every good parents will do.

BE CAREFUL!!!
[/b]
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by horny4u(f): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
comechop:

Interesting and well thought out response - but coming from a username like yours?
Guess its the internet,

grin grin grin grin grin nobody holy pass , horny4u wants to make paradise too o, really never judge a disguise by its cover.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by yuooop: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
@high chief who told u dat papa oyedepo is a thief simply becos ur church or ur pastor cant afford a private jet does not mean dat someone who can afford it is a thief dont accuse a man of god unjustly or u will hav urself to blame for the after effects mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Biggie9: 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
Comon, this Nairaland has a kind of liking or disliking for Oyedepo. No week hardly passes without a mention of him here as if he is the only Pastor in Nigeria. If not about him, its about Covenant University, or his private jets, or his so called clash with d'banj, or his wealth, or that his asking for caution on islamic banking etc. Comon folks, am sure the guy doesnt read Nairaland even in his dreams so why are we so crazy about what he does, how he sleeps, how he wakes up.mshwwww!!!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by ncpat(m): 12:07am On Aug 01, 2011
business man,is he not aware of the invitation of d`banj? the worst part of it is that they are going to pay this guy up to a million naira except maybe the guy came in respect to a friend graduating ceremony.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by tonjoan: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2011
moty4all:

Pronto. That exactly was what happened. D'banj came up to give a testimony over his MTV award and the bishop admonished him by saying fame without Christ is vanity.
Why do nairalanders swallow every story hook line and sinker? Common sense should tell this story is hogwash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst Clebrity Plastic Surgery (pics) / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) And His Beautiful Daughter! / Regina Daniels: 8 Things You Might Not Know About The 16-Year-Old Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.