Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? (3546 Views)

Flutterwave Shuts Down Barter / Traders Turn To Barter Trading In Benue Over Naira Scarcity / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by emmaodet: 11:22am On Jul 22, 2022
Ashleyadams:

Thanks but you asked me to trade with you on the other thread.

I think the only option is to get a dom account, change naira to dollar at black market. Fund it with this dollar and use the card to buy anything online.
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2022
SensetionalGoal:

I have used klasha card... But just last week they discontinued it.
Wow. And I was just about to register on it. Now I have to risk sending my money to someone to help me purchase it and getting scammed. embarassed
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by SensetionalGoal(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2022
Ashleyadams:

Wow. And I was just about to register on it. Now I have to risk sending my money to someone to help me purchase it and getting scammed. embarassed

I will advise you to wait they will restore the service according to the mail they sent to me ,. It will no longer be master card but Visa card
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2022
emmaodet:

I think the only option is to get a dom account, change naira to dollar at black market. Fund it with this dollar and use the card to buy anything online.
Dollar accounts requires 2 references. Sad
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Oshe3084: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Download GoMoney and apply for their virtual card it’s $100 a month or open a sterling bank account and apply for their MasterCard it’s also $100 a month
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Oshe3084:
Download GoMoney and apply for their virtual card it’s $100 a month or open a sterling bank account and apply for their MasterCard it’s also $100 a month
With Nigerian banks you really can't trust them. I opened fidelity for this only for them to say it's been discontinued after I got the card.
I'll look at gomoney. Thanks
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by JimD(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
Don't pay 100$ for gomoney. Try any of Sudo africa, Changera, Wallet Africa, Geegpay, Mintyn, Bitmama... If you have BVN issue, speak to their customer care rep. Every one of these virtual dollar card providers will take kyc more seriously now. And Barter and co are also still coming back but will require verifications. Don't waste your money
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by 9ousky: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2022
I opened Chipper Cash, got the card, got verified and given account number. I was able to do 150$ payment online yesterday. Thanks for the info on chipper cash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2022
9ousky:
I opened Chipper Cash, got the card, got verified and given account number. I was able to do 150$ payment online yesterday. Thanks for the info on chipper cash
Hello. Does your phone number match the one you used for your BVN registration?

I think that's where I have an issue with chipper cash.
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by 9ousky: 12:53am On Jul 24, 2022
Ashleyadams:

Hello. Does your phone number match the one you used for your BVN registration?

I think that's where I have an issue with chipper cash.
Yes it match
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by bassette(m): 5:12am On Jul 24, 2022
I have been having same issue. I can't even download chipper cash. Refusing to install on my phone
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2022
9ousky:
Yes it match
Lucky you.
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by mikkyjay(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2022
I tried registering on chippercash and was told someone else have used my BVN to register, please how is this possible?
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2022
I can help you make payment via payoneer Mastercard,
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2022
Viralmagg:
I can help you make payment via payoneer Mastercard,
Hmmm. Thanks but it's too risky, too many scams on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by JimD(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
JimD:
Don't pay 100$ for gomoney. Try any of Sudo africa, Changera, Wallet Africa, Geegpay, Mintyn, Bitmama... If you have BVN issue, speak to their customer care rep. Every one of these virtual dollar card providers will take kyc more seriously now. And Barter and co are also still coming back but will require verifications. Don't waste your money

I change my stance on this. All of these apps are rubbish. Barter was the best by far. Just go apply for dollar card or Dom account. You fit also ask anyone abroad to pay for stuff for you, which is what I'm currently doing.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Ashleyadams(f): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
JimD:

I change my stance on this. All of these apps are rubbish. Barter was the best by far. Just go apply for dollar card or Dom account. You fit also ask anyone abroad to pay for stuff for you, which is what I'm currently doing.
Absolutely.

Finally gtbank worked for me and that's what I used.
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Olaxbolax100: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
JimD:

Why did you change your stance?
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Queensss(f): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
My dear just go get a dollar card. No limits( if any at all, minimum should be $10k per month)

Open a Dorm account and get a dollar card. Your dollar card also has its own account. Convert naira to dollar and fund your account through direct deposits, transfers between dorm account to card account or otherwise.. You can also get cash directly to your account from international companies, individuals, your loved ones abroad etc transfer money to your card and spend. Or withdraw cash and exchange at black market..

Just do this and get done with the task once and for all!
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by yommyk222(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
No need to open domiciliary account, just get Uba prepaid Dollar card buy dollar from aboki and fund it. Is not as stressful as the the domiciliary account method. Especially the part where you need to provide 2 current account holders
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by shutupareyouGOD: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
Chipper goes on and off but it’s still better than sending money to people that will scam you …better still open a domicilliary account
Ashleyadams:

Thanks for the tip. I'm very skeptical about sending money to anyone due to the high risk of scams.
I just downloaded and went through the registration on chipper cash but they're currently unavailable for 'international transactions'.

I'm guessing they've discontinued their virtual card service just like barter by flutterwave.
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Darhema(m): 5:27am On Aug 12, 2022
Guys, the same issue that's affecting barter by flutterwave that offers MasterCard virtual dollar card is affecting all other platforms like them. Sad thing is that a lot of them will make you fund your wallet on the app, convert naira to the dollar so they can make money from you, and notify you that virtual isn't working when you attempt to create a virtual card.

Even apps like chippers, eversend, wallets, vella etc.

Read this article https://www.financeafric.com/barter-by-flutterwave-alternative-the-best-virtual-dollar-card-in-nigeria-for-2022/
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by donholy28(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2022
Darhema:
Guys, the same issue that's affecting barter by flutterwave that offers MasterCard virtual dollar card is affecting all other platforms like them. Sad thing is that a lot of them will make you fund your wallet on the app, convert naira to the dollar so they can make money from you, and notify you that virtual isn't working when you attempt to create a virtual card.

Even apps like chippers, eversend, wallets, vella etc.

Read this article https://www.financeafric.com/barter-by-flutterwave-alternative-the-best-virtual-dollar-card-in-nigeria-for-2022/
most of the apps listed there are riding on the back of barter by flutterwave so most if not all of them are shut down
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by Hahnemann: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2023
mikkyjay:
I tried registering on chippercash and was told someone else have used my BVN to register, please how is this possible?

Same problem I encountered, were u able to rectify this?
Re: Alternative To 'barter Virtual Card' By Flutterwave? by vikithor(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
yommyk222:
No need to open domiciliary account, just get Uba prepaid Dollar card buy dollar from aboki and fund it. Is not as stressful as the the domiciliary account method. Especially the part where you need to provide 2 current account holders
Oil dey ya head

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Small Business Ideas In Nigeria With Little Start-up Capital / Automated Forex Grail Free EA Download For Forex Traders / Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.