Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How I Got My Voters Card... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Got My Voters Card... (318 Views)

Finally Found My Voters Card. But, I Don’t Know Who To Vote For. / I Noticed This Error On My Voters Card, What Can I Do? / Should I Destroy My Voters Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got My Voters Card... by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2022
So I went to get my VC..

I got to the centre by 8am and there was not much people..but as per nigeria way..those INEC officers that always do like they have made it in life have not resumed work.

So I jejely went one corner to sit and cross leg while pressing phone..by then the crowd was getting bigger and bigger...in my mind I was beginning to get angry because when I came here we were not up to 15 and I was thinking I will leave before 12..for were..

time was ticking..and the sun was getting much.. so one beautiful babe like this came to me to enquire if I came yesterday or someone..I said no,it's my first time here, I made little space for her and asked her if she care to sit..

since she was standing all through..
She sat down jejely like this and we started gisting..while we were gisting the crowd was getting bigger,some people were even cursing the inec officials sef..the Nigeria way.. People were getting impatient. Some left .
The INEC officials arrived..I was hoping to see at least 5 Systems for the enrollment..but my ears can't believe what my eyes saw. Imagine just one system for this whole people...

It was then I remembered that guy that said
"how many times will they tell you that nigeria is not for u"
The INEC officials told us to form line..omo..form which line, for this crowd..me and the babe just jejely sit down and be doing like we were not part of the event....how one machine will serve over 200 people..?

So one of the official came with a list, calling out those that came around yesterday but didn't do the registration.

In my mind I was like.
If una like make una do anyhow,na today I go show una say I be nigerian,if na drag,we go drag am today because I cannot come back tomorrow..

The INEC official be calling names like this but those he is calling are absent....

By then hunger don dey hold me..but the babe kept giving positive vibes..such an intelligent chap..

One officially came and said those that want to do new registration to go to the left..
Those that have done the registration some years ago and lost their card or something should go to the right..me forming big boy,I didn't move..still on my seat jejely.��

So I got to the session with less crowd and asked a guy..

"Abeg no vex, this place na for waiting".
The guy said
"Na for people wey don do before but lost card or something"..

NB- in Nigeria,if you want to ask anybody something, first put "abeg no vex" e get why.
We too vex for this country.

My plan before I came here was to do new VC so as to make it same name with what's reading in my NIN...
But the people waiting to do new VC were uncountable and I hate queue
I jejely went back to my seat..and gave the babe idea of what we will do to beat the queue...

I asked her if she has done before,she said yes but she need to change her name to match with her other documents..
Same thing as me..
I jejely opened INEC portal in my phone..

Clicked on the CVR retrieval tab.. searched for my old name..and saw my details..

No time to waste I jejely went to edit information session and edited what I want..

Did that to the babe details too..��
I clicked submit
The thing just showed me, submitted, waiting for approval..
I was like..which kind yeye approval again.
I went to one official and asked him for the form that I have already registered years ago and I lost my card bla bla bla..he gave me and the babe form to fill..as a sharp guy and tech savvy,I didn't fill it I just wrote my CVR code and gave him, which he understood and smiled..

Now the Koko now is how to beat the queue of those that have already submitted and waiting to be called..��

I accepted fate and queued at the back end...if I parish I parish..���..
The queue was slower than a snail..
I was getting tired because I was the second to last person in over a 100 People..oh God,when��

Soon enough an altercation began at the front, what caused it,I don't know.na so the inec official vex carry table and the machine give her boy to put it in the back and let the registration continue from there��...

In my mind I was like..
God don butter my bread..
"Don't you know the last shall be the first,and the first shall be the last.."
The babe said to me...
God is truely wonderfulllllll.

The official started calling names..the girl went first..then I went next���..
I swear the thing just sweet me.. truely,the patient person eathet the biggest share ..

Like this now the Bible verse came Alive..

The last shall be the First,and the First shall be the last

Brothers and sisters, we did our registration in 15 min..Got our card and went to laminate..

We got to the junction, babe went that way, I went this away..

No ask me if I collect number..
I am child of God...

INEC should bring in more machines and open more centers in the South..cos we still plenty wey never do registration cos of slow pace..

Incase you are in ph,I did mine at elelenwo..
Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by Zonefree(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2022
I don't want to believe you didn't collect that innocent girl's number.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by Seezion: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2022
Keep it safe. We have to vote and vote rightly.
Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by GudHardDick: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2022
INEC should deploy more staffs and computers to all their offices. The rate at which they're carrying out these registration is extremely too slow

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by aieromon(m): 9:38am On Jul 21, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Brothers and sisters, we did our registration in 15 min..Got our card and went to laminate..

You only got a registration slip undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I don't want to believe you didn't collect that innocent girl's number.

Senior man dont loud it..u know na
Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2022
aieromon:

You only got a registration slip undecided

Na who no know before na?
Re: How I Got My Voters Card... by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2022
GudHardDick:
INEC should deploy more staffs and computers to all their offices. The rate at which they're carrying out these registration is extremely too slow

Thank God you noticed

(1) (Reply)

'Nigeria Jagajaga' Vs 'Nigeria Is A Zoo'. 20 Years After Eedris Famous Hit. / Cross River State Ban Selling Of Corns/Hawking Along Major Streets In Calabar / Group Unveil Onyeagocha As Sponsor For Terrorists Attacks In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.