Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba (9026 Views)

Southern Nigeria Population By Tribe 100 Years Ago (1921) / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by chriss100: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
David Hundeyin’s forefathers moved down to Badagry which was part of the Oyo Empire a couple of hundred years ago during the Dahomey wars.

I don’t want to go into much details about the history, so I’ll simply summarize briefly. Back in the days the continent of Africa was made up of different empires and not states as we have them to be today. Yoruba people made up the Oyo Empire, same way Egun people were part of the Dahomey Empire (Benin Republic)

They were so many wars and conflicts going on simultaneously between different empires across the continent. Dahomey Empire which is now known as Benin Republic was blighted with wars, slave trade etcetera. To sum it all up David Hundeyin’s ancestors moved to Badagry which was part of the Oyo empire back then from Dahomey Empire probably to escape war and strife like many did back then.

The settled in Badagry and made it home. They remained here till the British/French and other colonial masters came along to colonize Africa and eventually created the various African countries we all have to till this day.

David’s father is Egun and I also heard his mother is from Akwa Ibom. His forefathers might have moved her hundreds of years ago, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s not a Yoruba. He’s Nigerian but not Yoruba. He’s not even half Yoruba. So he has no ancestral ties to the Yoruba ethnic group. He’s Egun. They have their unique language and culture.

So basically I don’t follow him on twitter but I check his handle once in a while. I have nothing against him. He’s a Nigeria and he has the right to investigate Tinubu et al. I see he has a lot of fans who are mostly anti Tinubu. We can all agree what part of the region those people are from. He’s feeding them exactly what they need. They love him… he’s their God… for now grin (ask Reno, Deji and FFK). We know how fickle the people from that region can be. They fit change am for you immediately you start to say things they don’t want to hear. For now though, he’s singing sweet melodies into their ears, so they are friends for now grin

The problem I have are with the Yoruba’s that blindly follow David to denigrate Tinubu thinking he has a lot more credibility to criticize Tinubu because he’s Yoruba too. This folks haven’t realized that David is not Yoruba and he therefore doesn’t have the interest of the Yoruba people at heart. I only recently found out David wasn’t a Yoruba boy last week. I always thought he’s was a indigenous Yoruba boy from Badagry side of Lagos. You know ethnic Lagos indigenes can have some weird names like that, so I felt he was simply one of those with a weird name.

David is not a Yoruba boy. He’s half Egun and Akwa Ibom. My advice for the woke/soro soke/liberal Yoruba’s out there following David to bring Tinubu down should know that he isn’t one of us. His ancestors have only been here a couple of hundred years ago. He’s Nigerian but not Yoruba.

Nigeria is a land mass made up of many nations. Yoruba is one of the nations unfortunately stuck in Nigeria. I pray for oduduwa one day, but while we wait for oduduwa, we as Yorubas need to continue to fight to preserve our interest while in Nigeria.

Every tribe in Nigeria all fight to preserve their interest one way or the other. We see how the Fulani has a strangle hold on the military and politics. They have done that over the decades to make sure Nigeria remains one so they could continue to be benefit from the natural resources found in the south south (crude oil and gas) and also the revenue from the Ports (sea/land/air), Taxes (VAT, corporate/income, bank transaction and so much more) and other means of revenue in the south west.

My advice for the Yoruba out there cooperating with the enemies to bring down Tinubu should remember how those from that region continuously mocked and laughed at you guys when we Yorubas complained to Jonathan that we were being marginalized. The thread is here on nairaland. If you check you will surely find it. Just know that these are the same people trying to bring down Tinubu and to a larger extent the Yoruba tribe. They have made you believe Tinubu is the enemy of Yorubas. They have cajoled, tricked and deceived you to join them to help bring him down. Yes, Tinubu is corrupt but no Nigerian politician is clean. They are all corrupt. The average Nigerian is corrupt. 99.9% of us will do the same thing this politician do if we had to chance to gain political positions in Nigeria.

Please go and study history pre and post independence and you will understand the envy, greed, treachery, covetousness and hate these people have for the Yoruba tribe. Their fathers passed it on to them and they will surely pass it on to their children. The cycle will surely never end. They take it personal. It’s carved into their soul and subconsciousness. They have been filled with hate for Yoruba since they were born.

Just know when it’s all said and done, If Tinubu goes down and by extension the Yoruba, kindly be ready for the marginalization you all cried about a under Jonathan. I want you to be prepared because these same people from that region you worked with to bring him down will all laugh at your stupidity and naivety.

Let’s protect our ethnic group like other tribes are currently doing. Let’s not join hands with the enemy to bring our own down. We are all tribalists in Nigeria. We consider our ethnic groups before we consider ourselves Nigerians. It’s a fact and you all know it’s a fact. We aren’t one and will never be one.

I went on David Hundeyin’s twitter timeline and went as far back as I could. Here I have 2020 screenshots of him talking about his ethnic group. I never said he claimed to be Yoruba but I just want you to see that he’s a Nigerian but not Yoruba. He has no right to speak for the Yoruba because he’s not a Yoruba boy.

I’ll also add the link to his timeline so you can read the thread. This is my first topic so I have no idea on how to put a link. I’ll simply copy and paste it here. Copy the link and paste on your browser to view the twitter thread. Thanks

https://twitter.com/davidhundeyin/status/1214961164758798338

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Kurutinto(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
same way Tinubu the druggie's father emigrated from Dahomey in Benin Republic to present day Lagos state, while his mother came from Iragbiji in present day Osun state

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Morenikeji090(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Lol who is this fool again... called David Hundeyin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Jostoman: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
He is One of the best investigative journalist we have in Nigeria today.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by colorsofrainbow: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Tinubu's agbado boys are now denying their own upandan for not being an agbado urchin grin

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by VeryWickedMan: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Which means they are the real owners of Lagos

18 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
Egun people are fully Yoruba. I am an Ibadan boy and I am just as Yoruba as an Egun boy. One people under olodumare.

David Hundeyin is a fool who hates everything close to him including his father.

I won’t be surprised if he wakes up tomorrow and say he is not a black man.

I think his only true friend are the Meth people because they are the only set of morons that take every garbage he spill in and out.

For the friendship to remain intact, he is willing to do anything to feed their single digit IQ brain with more jargons per minute.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by tamdun: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
Egun and Yoruba are close relatives, we have same history, don't let one mumu David Hundeyin change that

7 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by thorpido(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
Egun people are not yoruba.They are a minority ethnic tribe.They are however Lagosians.

25 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by mii4u(f): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Had it been the guy was doing very well, they wld have gladly associated him with the Yoruba, becos he is now giving dem wotowoto, dey are doing everything possible to disassociate with him. Lol

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Chidelis(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
So basically I don’t follow him on twitter but I check his handle once in a while. I have nothing against him. He’s a Nigeria and he has the right to investigate Tinubu et al. I see he has a lot of fans who are mostly anti Tinubu. We can all agree what part of the region those people are from. He’s feeding them exactly what they need. They love him… he’s their God… for now grin (ask Reno, Deji and FFK). We know how fickle the people from that region can be. They fit change am for you immediately you start to say things they don’t want to hear. For now though, he’s singing sweet melodies into their ears, so they are friends for now grin

So watin u dey try talk Abi Na lie David dey lie U dey see truth u dey try bend am cos of region.divide Nigeria una say no, support person (Peter obi) wey wan try arrange naija, u dey bring region/ tribe...... guy u confuse

16 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by vastolord4(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wahala
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by XerXers: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Yorubas should stop yorubanizing Lagos. Let them replicate Lagos in Ogbomoso. Indigenous Lagosians are not yorubas and others (Hausa, ignorant, edo, ijaw) migrated en mass to Lagos before hinterland yorubas

28 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Rahkman: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
LegendHero:
Egun people are fully Yoruba. I am an Ibadan boy and I am just as Yoruba as an Egun boy. One people under olodumare.

David Hundeyin is a fool who hates everything close to him including his father.

I think his only true friend are the Meth people because they are the only set of morons that take every garbage he spill in and out.

For the friendship to remain intact, he is willing to do anything to feed their single digit IQ brain with more jargons per minute.

shatap there egun people say they re not yorubas na by force?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by NothingDoMe: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
Tinubu's agbado boys are now drying their own upandan for not being an agbado urchin grin
I noticed. Trying to brainwash sensible Yorubas whose eyes have finally been opened to the fact that the 8 years of APC has been the worst decision they ever supported.

No going back. Hunger knows no tribe.

20 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by RZArecta(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
David Hundeyin has always said he's Egun from Badagry while his mother is from Akwa Ibom state so I don't know what brainwave you think you've got here apart from the subtle shades sophisticated tribal bigots like you compulsorily throw at Igbos. Sell your candidate and allow other Nigerians make their choice

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Cantonese: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
“ David Hundeyin’s forefathers moved down to Badagry which was part of the Oyo Empire a couple of hundred years ago during the Dahomey wars”.

Please spare us.

Is Badagry not part of Yoruba land? Have the Yorubas removed Badagry from Yoruba land? This level of sef segregation and tribalism cannot be comprehended.

One day soon you will also tell us that the Aworis are not Yoruba. Maybe too one day we will hear that the Yorubas of Benin Republic are not Yorubas because they are not Nigerians.

You travel to UK, USA, etc get their nationalities and and become their citizens. You identify with them happily and called by their name. How is it then that the Egun people who have been historically in that area, suddenly are not Yorubas?

As long as Badagry remains part of Yoruba land, the Egun people can and should be called Yorubas.

8 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by NothingDoMe: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
XerXers:
Let them replicate Lagos in Ogbomoso.
Generally if Baba Agbado says he's the great architect of modern day Lagos why didn't he replicate same in Osun states or other yoruba states?

He's just an opportunist that positions himself when things happen to take the glory. Like when Nigerians wanted change and voted APC and he's here blabbing off how he removed Jonathan and installed Buhari.

Now Buhari has left him to install himself since he says he has the power. cheesy

19 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by SmartPolician: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
Now I understand why he gives the druggie uppercut! David Hundeyin is a wicked journalist! grin

12 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Advocate500: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
LegendHero:

someone said he is not yoruba, still went ahead to point his tribe name to you ,all you could deduce from his narrative is igbo people, allowing igbos to live rent your brain is plain stupidity.

You guy's jolly and merry when the ikweres mock and insult igboman,you can't take half of what you dish out to others.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by jmoore(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
So Egun is not part of Oduduwa?
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Aidejay(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nice write up.

But David isn't the enemy here. Where he's from isn't as relevant as the points he is making.

I'm sure he is smart enough to know that the moment he doesn't say what this online fandom wants to hear anymore they'll deplatform him.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Houstency(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2022

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by alanto: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
The boy is only an online sensation... He go soon fade out, another one go come.... Internet baton will not really last on anybody's palm. Ask Segalink, Sowore, Rinu and the rest of them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by alanto: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
The boy is only an online sensation... He go soon fade out, another one go come.... Internet baton will not really last on anybody's palm. As Segalink, Sowore, Rinu and the rest of them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Gandollar(f): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Egun people own Lagos.

20 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Gandollar(f): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
alanto:
The boy is only an online sensation... He go soon fade out, another one go come.... Internet baton will not really last on anybody's palm. As Segalink, Sowore, Rinu and the rest of them
You wish cheesy

7 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by techWriter3: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
He is One of the best investigative journalism we do in Nigeria today

6 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Aldol: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
You are not far from the truth, make everyone support im own
They will call those people l who join them to bring Tinubu down fools and betrayals of their own person
They know how to emotionally blackmail someone to achieve their aim.
We are wiser

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Aldol: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
techWriter3:
He is One of the best investigative journalism we do in Nigeria today
The moment he speak against Obi tomorrow, he becomes the worst. We sabi una

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Aldol: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
RZArecta:
David Hundeyin has always said he's Egun from Badagry while his mother is from Akwa Ibom state so I don't know what brainwave you think you've got here apart from the subtle shades sophisticated tribal bigots like you compulsorily throw at Igbos. Sell your candidate and allow other Nigerians make their choice
Have u allowed other Nigerians to make their choice or trying to emotionally get them hoodwinked to support your candidate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Enugu Labour Party Governorship Primary, Orders Fresh Election / Rivers: No Remedy For 25 Former Lawmakers - PDP Insists / Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.