Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba (9060 Views)

Southern Nigeria Population By Tribe 100 Years Ago (1921) / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Iceberg3: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

#PeterObi4President!!!!!!!!!!

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Aldol: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=Iceberg3 post=115044321][/quote]
Tinubu for President
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Iceberg3: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol #PETEROBI4PRESIDENT:

#PeterObi for President
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
I will a$vise yiu to look for your Yoruba descendants else. They are not in Ghana grin

I don’t know any indigenous group in Ghana that shares anything with Yorubas in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UCK4rc75k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by mdntiri(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
And how did Brazilian slave descendants originate from Nigeria and ended up in Ghana?

You know you can easily look up these questions you're asking right? I'm glad Chrisistruth is giving you incontrovertible answers.

Our makola (original is mokola in Ibadan), abossey okai, nima etc have HEAVY Nigeria origins. When you know these stuff, you'd act differently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by mdntiri(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PetroDolla2020: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Which “incontrovertible answers” are you talking about? By the way, why are Nigerians soo desperate to sell themselves as having conquered all in West Africa? This “history” you are spinning exist in the minds of conceited Nigerians and their foreign cohorts. Tell me one Ghanaian history book that confirms all these crap?

what does abbosey okai, Nima etc have in common with Nigeria? And where is that HEAVY Nigeria origins you pontificate?

La Paz, is a popular Accra suburb. It is also the name of the capital city of a southern American country. Tell me, what is the connection between La Paz in South America and La Paz in Accra?

mdntiri:

You know you can easily look up these questions you're asking right? I'm glad Chrisistruth is giving you incontrovertible answers.

Our makola (original is mokola in Ibadan), abossey okai, nima etc have HEAVY Nigeria origins. When you know these stuff, you'd act differently
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
Which “incontrovertible answers” are you talking about? By the way, why are Nigerians soo desperate to sell themselves as having conquered all in West Africa? This “history” you are spinning exist in the minds of conceited Nigerians and their foreign cohorts. Tell me one Ghanaian history book that confirms all these crap?

what does abbosey okai, Nima etc have in common with Nigeria? And where is that HEAVY Nigeria origins you pontificate?

La Paz, is a popular Accra suburb. It is also the name of the capital city of a southern American country. Tell me, what is the connection between La Paz in South America and La Paz in Accra?

Both the Ewe and Ga Tribes Of Ghana Migrated from Yorubaland they are also in Togo where Ewe is the Largest Ethnic Group Of Togo

Atakpame Area Of Togo is also part of Yorubaland with authentic Yoruba Speaking Yorubas called the Ife

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PetroDolla2020: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
You sound very desperate to make claims you can’t even support?

The Ewe and Ga tribes migrated from Yourubakand? And where is your evidence? What are the characteristics that bind both ethnic groups to Yorubaland? The Ga and Ewe languages have nothing in common with Yoruba. Ewes and Ga have very different cultures from Yoruba. So where is the link?

Please don’t waste my time with needless arguments, huh? You can look elsewhere for your lost Yoruba kinsmen. They are not in Ghana.

Christistruth00:

Both the Ewe and Ga Tribes Of Ghana Migrated from Yorubaland they are also in Togo where Ewe is the Largest Ethnic Group Of Togo

Atakpame Area Of Togo is also part of Yorubaland with authentic Yoruba Speaking Yorubas called the Ife

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

The Ewe and Ga tribes migrated from Yourubakand? And where is your evidence? What are the characteristics that bind both ethnic groups to Yorubaland? The Ga and Ewe languages have nothing in common with Yoruba. Ewes and Ga have very different cultures from Yoruba. So where is the link?

Please don’t waste my time with needless arguments, huh? You can look elsewhere for your lost Yoruba kinsmen. They are not in Ghana.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PetroDolla2020: 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
[s][quote author=Christistruth00 post=115117032][/quote][/s]
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PetroDolla2020: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Don't waste my time with crap, huh? Ewes and Ga people don't have anything in common. And that is a fact you have to accept.

Give me one thing that links Ewes, Ga with Yoruba. Is it language? food? dressing? language? culture? even names? name one and stop pontificating with trash, huh?

And please don't waste my time copying and pasting trash, huh? Good night.

[quote author=Christistruth00 post=115117032][/quote]
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
Don't waste my time with crap, huh? Ewes and Ga people don't have anything in common. And that is a fact you have to accept.

Give me one thing that links Ewes, Ga with Yoruba. Is it language? food? dressing? language? culture? even names? name one and stop pontificating with trash, huh?

And please don't waste my time copying and pasting trash, huh? Good night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UCK4rc75k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Asapchris(m): 5:51am On Jul 27, 2022
JANK23H:

Mr..if one with a good understanding of Yoruba, listen to Ekiti dialects closely he/she would be able to pick phrases and even sentences in Ekiti.It's not so with Egun.
You can't even understand Ijare akoko not to talk of Ikale or ilaje.
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Asapchris(m): 6:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Soso75:
Sadly these wannabe “Yorubas” don’t know that the only true Yorubas are the Ibadan people. Every other Yoruba today was a Social construct set up by the British colonial master and their puppet Samuel Ajayi Crowther in an attempt to Christianize Western Nigeria. Same as Taiwanese are not Chinese, Ikweres are not Igbos ,Austrians are not Germans etc. That’s how Lagosian are not Yorubas, Ondo are not Yorubas, Ekiti are not Yorubas etc. Read people!!!

Better stop all this lies, Ondo are Yorubas, Ekimoguns (Ondo town) migrated from Oyo alaafin. Akure, Ekiti, kabba, Olokunmi and Ilesha are brother from Ile Ife and Ikale, okitipupa, Ilaje and Itsekeri are brothers from Ile Ife.

I have been reading the comments since, you guys are just saying what you don't know. Ogu ( Egun ) is just like a lost brother to Yoruba brothers, that lost through war and later find their ways back.

And i replied David tweet trying to tell him why they are Yorubas and replied that he never denied being Yoruba.

But we don't need to be arguing this longer if they said they are not Yoruba it fine but they are are living in Yoruba land (Oyo empire).

We should stop all this arguments Nigeria problems is beyond this.

Please Note: I'm Ikale from Ondo state and I'm fully Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by JANK23H(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2022
Asapchris:

You can't even understand Ijare akoko not to talk of Ikale or ilaje.
Ilaje(Mahin) aren't Yoruba either.
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by emmysoftyou: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2022
PureFace1:

You are the one that need to read, stop peddling falsehood

Even Ibadan people originated from some where and they came from Ile - ife in Osun State.

If you are not Ignorant you would know that Ibadan people are also known as Oyo people.

The indigenous people of Osogbo in Osun State, Ede in Osun State, Ikirun, gbongan, Ogbomosho in Oyo state, Ila Orangun in Osun State, Ibadan in Oyo state etc. all belong to the same sub group of Yoruba known as Oyo people.

Tell me how Ibadan people are the only True Yoruba when they speak the same Yoruba dialect as people in Osogbo, Ede, Ila Orangun, Ogbomosho, Ggbangan, Ikirun, etc?

You see how stupid you sound.

I am an Ijesha man from Ilesa in Osun State and I can understand all Oyo people in Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Ede, Ibadan etc when they speak their dialect, same way they can also understand me if I speak in my dialect, linguistically there is almost no differences except for pronunciation and intonations of certain words in Yoruba, culturally we are also the same, we greet the same way, worship the same kind of gods, wear the same kind of clothes etc nobody need to tell you you are the same kind of people to know you are the same kind of people if you have brain.

You see that you are the stupid one that think he is wiser than 30 million people.

so you're Yoruba? Then you're a man of integrity and objectivity..

Spot on..
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by emmysoftyou: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2022
Christistruth00:

The Egun , Ewe, Ga don’t reject their relationship with the Yorubas rather they confirm it by regularly by exchanging gifts with the Ooni and Alaafin and they send their own aHigh Chiefs as representatives to represent their People when the Yorubas are having their Ceremonies that are acknowledging Oduduwa as their founding Ancestor or Crowning a new Ooni or Alaafin they have done that for Centuries

In today’s vocabulary it simply means they always, turn up for the family meetings

Also when they are in War Situation they often send for the Yorubas to assist them on the basis of them being Oduduwa descendants
That was how the Tarbons got to Ghana and settled with the Ga who were Yoruba descendants from Ife

It was when the Ewe requested the help of their Yoruba brothers in fighting the Ashanti that were at War with them that Oyo defeated the Ashanti of Ghana in the Battle Of Atakpame in Togo in 1764 and till today Atakpame in Togo is 100% Yoruba and Yorubaland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Atakpamé

The Akus Of Sierra Leone and Gambia are also of Yoruba descent
why is Yoruba not claiming Port novo.. That lands belongs to Yoruba..
That's why the Benin republic don't recognized Port novo as their official capital. Maybe cos they recognized them as Yoruba people..

Both of you had not mention port Novo. Why? Are they not Yoruba ni?

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by mdntiri(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

That our history books don't mention these "Nigeria influence" on Ghana doesn't mean they're ​not true. But our history books even mention them. The Ile Ife origins of the Ewe, Ga etc are well documented in Ghanaian books for example

Even that aside, you should know there're many PERSPECTIVES from which issues can be looked at. For instance I know the Ijaw are an ethnic group in Nigeria, I never knew they had some Ghanaian origins. Our history books never mentioned it. But I learnt about that on nairaland here

I also learnt about Nnamdi Azikiwe's paying of Nkrumah's travel fees to study abroad here. Our regular school history books didn't mention this. Although I hear Nkrumah mentions it in some of his autobiography. And how Nigeria would have gotten independence before Ghana etc etc. That Ghanaian historians or our history books didn't mention these stuff doesn't mean they didn't happen or are not true. OTHER people wrote on these things or saw things from a DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by mdntiri(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

Citifm organises a monthly Heritage month in March every year where astute Ghanaian historians talk about the origins of some Ghana names, places etc. The Nigeria origins of Nima, Abossey okai spare parts business, Makola etc are all documented. Our current chief imam's father or grandfather is a Nigerian migrant etc etc

There're some Ghanaian families too that moved to Nigeria in those early days and made names for themselves. The Fante kramo (muslims) of Central region are Senegal soldiers who were brought here by the colonists to assist them. The Hausa are indigenous to Nigeria and Niger. The Hausa of Ghana are Nigeria migrants who were brought here by the colonists, came here to trade etc. These are all documented "facts"

Ghana's influence is what we have over ivory coast. Where about 50% of Ivorians are essentially made up of Akan people who fled there in the olden days. The Ivorians don't dispute this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
emmysoftyou:
why is Yoruba not claiming Port novo.. That lands belongs to Yoruba..
That's why the Benin republic don't recognized Port novo as their official capital. Maybe cos they recognized them as Yoruba people..

Both of you had not mention port Novo. Why? Are they not Yoruba ni?

Port Novo is a Yoruba Town (Ajase) with a Yoruba Oba In Yorubaland

It is also the Capital of Benin Republic

Nobody is dragging Ajase with anyone

The Egun are also in Ajase too

Aare Oona Kakanfo Oyabi was an indigene Of Port Novo ( Ajase )
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by emmysoftyou: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
Christistruth00:

Port Novo is a Yoruba Town (Ajase) with a Yoruba Oba In Yorubaland

It is also the Capital of Benin Republic

Nobody is dragging Ajase with anyone

The Egun are also in Ajase too

Aare Oona Kakanfo Oyabi was an indigene Of Port Novo ( Ajase )

now u re talking, is that the reason why Benin republic refused to developed that city? Cos majority of the government responsibilities are taking decisions and development in Cotonou rather than port novo..
It seems Benin republic don't recognized them as part and parcel of their own country.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PetroDolla2020: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
Stop weaving hyperbolic tales, huh? What has citifm got to do with this?

Nigeria origin of abossey Okai, Nima? Is Abossey Okai or Nima a name synonymous with Nigeria? Is there a place in Nigeria named Abossey Okai or Nima?

The fact that Ghana’s Chief imam originally came from Nigeria means Ghanaians are a more tolerant people because a Ghanaian cannot go to Nigeria and become the chief imam. And the fact the the Chief imam came from Nigeria add nothing to history or prove any of the points you are struggling to prove.

Hausas in Ghana are immigrants from Nigeria ,niger etc. They are not part of Ghana’s history.

Akans can be found in Ghana and Ivory Coast. The Akans in Ivory Coast are indigenous to Ivory Coast, while the Akans in Ghaba are indigenous to Ghana. Former Ivorian President Felix Houphouet-Boigny was an Ivorian of Bailey/Akan origin.

Go and study your history and stop peddling half-truths cool

mdntiri:

Citifm organises a monthly Heritage month in March every year where astute Ghanaian historians talk about the origins of some Ghana names, places etc. The Nigeria origins of Nima, Abossey okai spare parts business, Makola etc are all documented. Our current chief imam's father or grandfather is a Nigerian migrant etc etc

There're some Ghanaian families too that moved to Nigeria in those early days and made names for themselves. The Fante kramo (muslims) of Central region are Senegal soldiers who were brought here by the colonists to assist them. The Hausa are indigenous to Nigeria and Niger. The Hausa of Ghana are Nigeria migrants who were brought here by the colonists, came here to trade etc. These are all documented "facts"

Ghana's influence is what we have over ivory coast. Where about 50% of Ivorians are essentially made up of Akan people who fled there in the olden days. The Ivorians don't dispute this.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Asapchris(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
JANK23H:

Ilaje(Mahin) aren't Yoruba either.

Who told you that ?
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by sylve11: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
Advocate500:
someone said he is not yoruba, still went ahead to point his tribe name to you ,all you could deduce from his narrative is igbo people, allowing igbos to live rent your brain is plain stupidity.

You guy's jolly and merry when the ikweres mock and insult igboman,you can't take half of what you dish out to others.

I tire. angry cool
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by sylve11: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
JANK23H:

I'm not in the mood for this sort of argument. Tell all that to those who haven't any idea about the Egun people.

If an Egun man spoke his language to you (a Yoruba) from now till tomorrow,would you understand a word?

grin cool
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by sylve11: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Soso75:
Sadly these wannabe “Yorubas” don’t know that the only true Yorubas are the Ibadan people. Every other Yoruba today was a Social construct set up by the British colonial master and their puppet Samuel Ajayi Crowther in an attempt to Christianize Western Nigeria. Same as Taiwanese are not Chinese, Ikweres are not Igbos ,Austrians are not Germans etc. That’s how Lagosian are not Yorubas, Ondo are not Yorubas, Ekiti are not Yorubas etc. Read people!!!

Hmmm cool
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by sylve11: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
PetroDolla2020:

grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures & Video From PDP Rally In Hadejia LGA, Jigawa State / We Will Not Rest Until LP Takes Over Govt And Provide Quality Leadership - Abure / World Bank, Air Force, SHOFAC to Establish $5bn Aviation City in Osun

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.