Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba (9062 Views)

Southern Nigeria Population By Tribe 100 Years Ago (1921) / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by JANK23H(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
christistruth01:

Egun descended from Oduduwa through the Branch of the Yorubas called the popo

They were the result of intermarriage between the fon of Dahomey and the yoruba Popos

and they settled in badagry in the late 17 th Century as guests of their Awori yoruba Cousins who gave them the land they settled on when they fled from the King of Dahomey’s Wars against Ouidah which was their original homeland

When the King of Dahomey attached the Area it was recaptured and retaken by the Alaafins Oyo Army

So what is Igbos Problem ?

the Egun are our People
Eguns are not Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by christistruth01: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
JANK23H:

Eguns are not Yoruba!

Egun are descendants of Oduduwa who were given land to settle on by the Oba of Apa in the Badagry division when they fled their homeland of Ouidah as a result of the King of Dahomeys Wars

The Alapa of Apa wears a beaded Crown from ile ife

The Egun are undeniably Our people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by JANK23H(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
christistruth01:

Egun are descendants of Oduduwa who were given land to settle on by the Oba of Apa in the Badagry division when they fled their homeland of Ouidah as a result of the King of Dahomeys Wars

The Alapa of Apa wears a beaded Crown from ile ife

The Egun are undeniably Our people

I'm not in the mood for this sort of argument. Tell all that to those who haven't any idea about the Egun people.

If an Egun man spoke his language to you (a Yoruba) from now till tomorrow,would you understand a word?

5 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
Tinubu's agbado boys are now denying their own upandan for not being an agbado urchin grin
grin
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Ghostrye: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2022
And you expect sane Nigerians to waste time reading your piece discrediting someone based on tribe rather than his content.
You are not the sharpest tool in the shed mate

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by christistruth01: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
JANK23H:

I'm not in the mood for this sort of argument. Tell all that to those who haven't any idea about the Egun people.

If an Egun man spoke his language to you (a Yoruba) from now till tomorrow,would you understand a word?

Do you understand Ekiti?

The Egun are our People and descendants of Oduduwa through the Yoruba Popos

They are the offspring of Yoruba Popos and Fon of Dahomey marriages do you expect us to deny them ?

The Alaafin ruled over the Fon of Dahomey. For nearly a Century

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by MrCEO69(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
chriss100:
David Hundeyin’s forefathers moved down to Badagry which was part of the Oyo Empire a couple of hundred years ago during the Dahomey wars.

I don’t want to go into much details about the history, so I’ll simply summarize briefly. Back in the days the continent of Africa was made up of different empires and not states as we have them to be today. Yoruba people made up the Oyo Empire, same way Egun people were part of the Dahomey Empire (Benin Republic)

They were so many wars and conflicts going on simultaneously between different empires across the continent. Dahomey Empire which is now known as Benin Republic was blighted with wars, slave trade etcetera. To sum it all up David Hundeyin’s ancestors moved to Badagry which was part of the Oyo empire back then from Dahomey Empire probably to escape war and strife like many did back then.

The settled in Badagry and made it home. They remained here till the British/French and other colonial masters came along to colonize Africa and eventually created the various African countries we all have to till this day.

David’s father is Egun and I also heard his mother is from Akwa Ibom. His forefathers might have moved her hundreds of years ago, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s not a Yoruba. He’s Nigerian but not Yoruba. He’s not even half Yoruba. So he has no ancestral ties to the Yoruba ethnic group. He’s Egun. They have their unique language and culture.

So basically I don’t follow him on twitter but I check his handle once in a while. I have nothing against him. He’s a Nigeria and he has the right to investigate Tinubu et al. I see he has a lot of fans who are mostly anti Tinubu. We can all agree what part of the region those people are from. He’s feeding them exactly what they need. They love him… he’s their God… for now grin (ask Reno, Deji and FFK). We know how fickle the people from that region can be. They fit change am for you immediately you start to say things they don’t want to hear. For now though, he’s singing sweet melodies into their ears, so they are friends for now grin

The problem I have are with the Yoruba’s that blindly follow David to denigrate Tinubu thinking he has a lot more credibility to criticize Tinubu because he’s Yoruba too. This folks haven’t realized that David is not Yoruba and he therefore doesn’t have the interest of the Yoruba people at heart. I only recently found out David wasn’t a Yoruba boy last week. I always thought he’s was a indigenous Yoruba boy from Badagry side of Lagos. You know ethnic Lagos indigenes can have some weird names like that, so I felt he was simply one of those with a weird name.

David is not a Yoruba boy. He’s half Egun and Akwa Ibom. My advice for the woke/soro soke/liberal Yoruba’s out there following David to bring Tinubu down show know that he isn’t one of us. His ancestors have only been here a couple of hundred years ago. He’s Nigerian but not Yoruba.

Nigeria is a land mass made up of many nations. Yoruba is one of the nations unfortunately stuck in Nigeria. I pray for oduduwa one day, but while we wait for oduduwa, we as Yoruba’s need to continue to fight to preserve our interest while in Nigeria.

Every tribe in Nigeria all fight to preserve their interest one way or the other. We see how the Fulani has a strangle hold on the military and politics. They have done that over the decades to make sure Nigeria remains one so they could continue to be benefit from the natural resources found in the south south (crude oil and gas) and also the revenue from the Ports (sea/land/air), Taxes (VAT, corporate/income, bank transaction and so much more) and other means of revenue in the south west.

My advice for the Yoruba out there cooperating with the enemies to bring down Tinubu should remember how those from that region continuously mocked and laughed at you guys when we Yorubas complained to Jonathan that we were being marginalized. The thread is here on nairaland. If you check you will surely find it. Just know that these are the same people trying to bring down Tinubu and to a larger extent the Yoruba tribe. They have made you believe Tinubu is the enemy of Yorubas. They have cajoled, tricked and deceived you to join them to help bring him down. Yes, Tinubu is corrupt but no Nigerian politician is clean. They are all corrupt. The average Nigeria is corrupt. 99.9% of us will do the same thing this politician do if we had to chance to gain political positions in Nigeria.

Please go and study history pre and post independence and you will understand the envy, greed, treachery, covetousness and hate these people have for the Yoruba tribe. Their fathers passed it on them and they will surely pass it on the their children. They cycle will surely never end. They take it personal. It’s carved into their soul and subconsciousness. They have been filled with hate for Yoruba since they were born.

Just know when it’s all said and done, If Tinubu goes down and by extension the Yoruba, kindly be ready for the marginalization you all cried about a under Jonathan. I want you to be prepared because these same people from that region you worked with to bring him down will all laugh at your stupidity and naivety.

Let’s protect our ethnic group like other tribes are currently doing. Let’s not join hands with the enemy to bring our own down. We are all tribalists in Nigeria. We consider our ethnic groups before we consider ourselves Nigerians. It’s a fact and you all know it’s a fact. We aren’t one and will never be one.

I went on David Hundeyin’s twitter timeline and went as far back as I could. Here I have 2020 screenshots of him talking about his ethnic group. I never said he claimed to be Yoruba but I just want you to see that he’s a Nigerian but not Yoruba. He has no right to speak for the Yoruba because he’s not a Yoruba boy.

I’ll also add the link to his timeline so you can read the thread. This is my first topic so I have no idea on how to put a link. I’ll simply copy and paste it here. Copy the link and paste on your browser to view the twitter thread. Thanks

https://twitter.com/davidhundeyin/status/1214961164758798338

As usual empty… U guys are just funny alway using the laughing emoji. With ur investigation have you found BAT origin? I lost some brain cell reading this piece of shit. I don’t have anything agaist him but then you clear do. nairaland is a mess.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by YeyeBoyfriend: 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
So because David isn’t Yoruba you won’t believe whatever he brings out again even with evidence? grin your likes are the problem of this nation
9gerian:
Wow! No wonder the guy has been working overtime to bring down flutterwave and other Yoruba interests. These screenshots speak to his strife. Well, now we know.

Sighs- I never considered eguns as not being part of Yorubas but now I know better. Thanks to David Hundeyin who is clearly bigoted against the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
mii4u:
Had it been the guy was doing very well, they wld have gladly associated him with the Yoruba, becos he is now giving dem wotowoto, dey are doing everything possible to disassociate with him. Lol

"If my theory of relativity proves to be correct, Germany will claim me a German, and France will claim me a citizen of the world. However, if it proves wrong, France will say I'm a German, and Germany will say that I'm a jew."

--- Albert Einstein

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Kaiser20: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Jostoman:
He is One of the best investigative journalist we have in Nigeria today.
And also the great Slayer of EscoBAT

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by BSdetective: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Doesn't even matter if he's Yoruba or not...... he's a bitter human being with Daddy issues who uses his "investigative journalism" to vent his deep issues.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by JANK23H(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
christistruth01:

Do you understand Ekiti?

They are the offspring of Yoruba Popos and Fon of Dahomey marriages do you expect us to deny them ?

Mr..if one with a good understanding of Yoruba, listen to Ekiti dialects closely he/she would be able to pick phrases and even sentences in Ekiti.It's not so with Egun.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Damisic: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
christistruth01:

Do you understand Ekiti?

Until they realize that yoruba is not a tribe but a race made up of over 100 tribe with distinct culture and language is when they will have peace

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by 9gerian: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
And you are not part of the problem of this country, right?

Anyways, the point is I could feel strife in Hundeyin’s work, especially with the way he went after flutterwave not minding that that was Nigeria’s biggest unicorn that was being celebrated globally. Soon enough flutterwave started having in some countries such as Kenya. Journalists owe the public factual reports, not jaundiced opinions.

There is something called patriotism such that even if you are reporting a case against an individual who owns a stake in a company, you do so in manner that separates the Company from the owner just like it is recognized in law to avoid bringing down the whole company. David Hundeyin’s attack on flutterwave was directed at bringing down the company. This is where I have issues with his approach. So seeing the screenshots of his thoughts connected the dots for me.

Anybody who understands or appreciates how hard it is to birth an organization from cradle to growth level and even further unto greatness like flutterwave has done would never try to bring such a company down. From that observation I took particular notice of him knowing that his work, even if seemingly noble, had other deeper sinister motives than just investigative journalism. There was no balance or care for the impact of his work.

Remember when Allen Onyema of Airpeace had some allegations of fraud leveled against him, and by extension Airpeace setup and operations, and how most Nigerians including myself and the government took exception to the attempt to bring him and the company down? I’m sure you also didn’t want Onyema brought down- that is the patriotism I’m talking about. Most Igbos even took it personal claiming it’s because Onyema is Igbo.

In fact if Tinubu was Igbo, Igbos would not have it that their most influential leader who is revered by most western diplomats is being rallied against and maligned by another tribe, just like they are currently doing for Obi.

Back to Hundeyin. Today a lot of the biggest banks in the world have diverse scandals from time to time, but mostly get a slap on the wrist, because of the impact their fall would have on their parent nations and employees. But here, people like Hundeyin and those who hail him for doing hatchet jobs directed at perceived enemies want flutterwave destroyed so that they can boast and gloat.

Need not say more!

YeyeBoyfriend:
So because David isn’t Yoruba you won’t believe whatever he brings out again even with evidence? grin your likes are the problem of this nation

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by GodsOwnMan: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
If you want to make the average ipig/ipob from the red mud region happy just deliver a daily dose of anti-Yoruba hate filled propaganda. That's all. And make sure you tell them that ipigs and the red mud region are God's annointed. Gbam. You are in.

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by naijateddy: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Before we post you ask us not to make tribalistic comments meanwhile the whole thread is about how David's tribe make his work "tribalistic". Seun Osewa you have gone really low with this one. Instead of addressing the crimes of your drug dealing benefactor this is what you people bring up. You are definitely a joke. So Tinubu running to be the president of the Yorubas or Nigeria? So why should the standard be reduced to accomodate him?

Why can't the clown move up to the standard of being honest, accountable instead of a thief?

You guys are just sad people. Don't worry you will enjoy plenty of Agbado.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Do you understand Ekiti?

Benin People have historical relationships with Yoruba but you don't see us calling them Yoruba, same thing with egun. They might have some relationship with Yoruba it doesn't mean they are Yoruba.

They don't even claim it themselves

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 12:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Damisic:

Until they realize that yoruba is not a tribe but a race made up of over 100 tribe with distinct culture and language is when they will have peace

The Yoruba sub groups in Nigeria are not up to 100

The sub tribes of Yoruba are not even up to 20 and they are connected culturally and linguistically.

All the founders and ancestors of these sub groups were people that migrated from Ile - ife in Osun State.

Stop peddling falsehood if you are ignorant, egun people are not even on the list and the list even included Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Yoruba_subgroups

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by YeyeBoyfriend: 1:07am On Jul 23, 2022
So you prefer to provide shelter and cover up for a corrupt man or a company helping in siphoning and laundering our money out of the shores of the country, destroying the name of national and depriving its citizens the right to move freely around the world all in the name of tribal patriotism?? Because that’s exactly what you’ve written down there.

If you like come from same village as me, if you’re corrupt and I know you can’t help the nation moving forward, I’ll shout it to the world to know how corrupt you irrespective of MTN affiliation with you, that’s how it should be if we want the country to strive.
9gerian:
And you are not part of the problem of this country, right?

Anyways, the point is I could feel strife in Hundeyin’s work, especially with the way he went after flutterwave not minding that that was Nigeria’s biggest unicorn that was being celebrated globally. Soon enough flutterwave started having in some countries such as Kenya. Journalists owe the public factual reports, not jaundiced opinions.

There is something called patriotism such that even if you are reporting a case against an individual who owns a stake in a company, you do so in manner that separates the Company from the owner just like it is recognized in law to avoid bringing down the whole company. David Hundeyin’s attack on flutterwave was directed at bringing down the company. This is where I have issues with his approach. So seeing the screenshots of his thoughts connected the dots for me.

Anybody who understands or appreciates how hard it is to birth an organization from cradle to growth level and even further unto greatness like flutterwave has done would never try to bring such a company down. From that observation I took particular notice of him knowing that his work, even if seemingly noble, had other deeper sinister motives than just investigative journalism. There was no balance or care for the impact of his work.

Remember when Allen Onyema of Airpeace had some allegations of fraud leveled against him, and by extension Airpeace setup and operations, and how most Nigerians including myself and the government took exception to the attempt to bring him and the company down? I’m sure you also didn’t want Onyema brought down- that is the patriotism I’m talking about. Most Igbos even took it personal claiming it’s because Onyema is Igbo.

In fact if Tinubu was Igbo, Igbos would not have it that their most influential leader who is revered by most western diplomats is being rallied against and maligned by another tribe, just like they are currently doing for Obi.

Back to Hundeyin. Today a lot of the biggest banks in the world have diverse scandals from time to time, but mostly get a slap on the wrist, because of the impact their fall would have on their parent nations and employees. But here, people like Hundeyin and those who hail him for doing hatchet jobs directed at perceived enemies want flutterwave destroyed so that they can boast and gloat.

Need not say more!

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by RealTalkNoBull: 1:23am On Jul 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 1:30am On Jul 23, 2022
PureFace1:

Benin People have historical relationships with Yoruba but you don't see us calling them Yoruba, same thing with egun. They might have some relationship with Yoruba it doesn't mean they are Yoruba.

They don't even claim it themselves

They are our People and they were Bona fide Citizens Of Alaafin’s Oyo Empire
Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 2:05am On Jul 23, 2022
JANK23H:

Mr..if one with a good understanding of Yoruba, listen to Ekiti dialects closely he/she would be able to pick phrases and even sentences in Ekiti.It's not so with Egun.

You can listen to Ekiti and hardly pick anything, Akoko is even Worse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by 9gerian: 2:10am On Jul 23, 2022
In case you missed it, here is an excerpt from my last comment:

There is something called patriotism such that even if you are reporting a case against an individual who owns a stake in a great company, you do so in manner that separates the Company from the owner just like it is recognized in law to avoid bringing down the whole company.

We are talking about a national treasure of a unicorn that towers above a lot of our banks and how to preserve what is obviously an open door of unprecedented possibilities for our teeming population of youths and the startup companies that the mindless attack would block/undermine, but you don’t seem to see or get it still.

YeyeBoyfriend:
So you prefer to provide shelter and cover up for a corrupt man or a company helping in siphoning and laundering our money out of the shores of the country, destroying the name of national and depriving its citizens the right to move freely around the world all in the name of tribal patriotism?? Because that’s exactly what you’ve written down there.

If you like come from same village as me, if you’re corrupt and I know you can’t help the nation moving forward, I’ll shout it to the world to know how corrupt you irrespective of MTN affiliation with you, that’s how it should be if we want the country to strive.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 2:22am On Jul 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

They are our People and they were Bona fide Citizens Of Alaafin’s Oyo Empire

They have no Historical relationship with Igbos

These are the known sub groups of Yoruba and it even include Yoruba groups in Benin Republic and Togo that migrated from ile ife. There is no egun on the list.

They might have relationship with Oyo Empire doesn't mean they are Yoruba, at least your ancestors must had migrated from Ile - ife in Osun State to consider you Yoruba.

The Oyo Empire conquered Dahomey Kingdom and ruled it for many years, it doesn't make every people in Dahomey kingdom Yoruba, the people that claimed Yoruba in Benin Republic today were people their ancestors migrated from ile-ife, Oyo Empire, Ijesha and other Yoruba sub groups that migrated from South west region in Nigeria and settled in Benin Republic and Dahomey Kingdom in those days.

Dahomey kingdom still have its own indigenous people that are not connected culturally and linguistically with Yoruba in any way.

It is just like saying every Nigerian is a British because we were colonised by them.

They do not even claim Yoruba, at least you read what David Posted on Twitter.

And You lack knowledge about Yoruba, there is no Yoruba sub group that bear Popo

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 2:37am On Jul 23, 2022
christistruth01:

Do you understand Ekiti?

I am an Ijesha man from Ilesa in Osun State and I understand Ekiti people when they speak their dialect.

Our ancestors understand each other very well in those days even with their different dialects, but English language is now changing every thing, many Yoruba can't even speak their dialect again and can hardly speak pure Yoruba without English but you want to understand those that can still speak their dialect very well when you can't even speak and understand yours.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 2:47am On Jul 23, 2022
PureFace1:

These are the known sub groups of Yoruba and it even include Yoruba groups in Benin Republic and Togo that migrated from ile ife. There is no egun on the list.

They might have relationship with Oyo Empire doesn't mean they are Yoruba, at least your ancestors must had migrated from Ile - ife in Osun State to consider you Yoruba.

They do not even claim Yoruba, at least you read what David Posted on Twitter.

The Egun are the offspring of the Yoruba Popo that migrated from Ife and the Fon Of Dahomey

If the Egun were denying their Yoruba Ancestry they wouldn’t have settled among their Yoruba brethren in Yorubaland

Urhobo do not claim Edo but everyone knows they are siblings though their Language is different

Yoruba and Egun are almost exactly the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 3:01am On Jul 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

Urhobo do not claim Edo but everyone knows they are siblings though their Language is different

Yoruba and Egun are exactly the same

They might have some relationship it still doesn't make them Edo or Bini

Same way Yoruba have relationship with Bini and we still don't call them part of us.

The Oyo Empire conquered Dahomey Kingdom and ruled it for many years, it doesn't make every people in Dahomey kingdom Yoruba, the people that claimed being Yoruba in Benin Republic today are people their ancestors migrated from ile-ife, Oyo Empire, Ijesha kingdom and other Yoruba people that migrated from South west region in Nigeria and settled in Benin Republic and Dahomey Kingdom in those days.

Dahomey kingdom still have its own indigenous people that are not connected culturally and linguistically with Yoruba in any way.

It is just like saying every Nigerian is a British because we were colonised by them.

The only thing that can make Egun Yoruba is the fact they have been living in Lagos Nigeria and Yoruba land for so long, which make them naturalised Yoruba, but you still can't call them full blooded Yoruba they would be egun - Yoruba. It is just like when Nigerian traveled to Britain, USA etc and became their citizens for living in there country for so long or getting born there but they would always be Nigerian - Americans or Nigerian - British.

Linguistically and culturally egun is different from Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 3:08am On Jul 23, 2022
PureFace1:

They might have some relationship it still doesn't make them Edo or Bini

Same way Yoruba have relationship with Bini and we still don't call them part of us.

The Oyo Empire conquered Dahomey Kingdom and ruled it for many years, it doesn't make every people in Dahomey kingdom Yoruba, the people that claimed being Yoruba in Benin Republic today are people their ancestors migrated from ile-ife, Oyo Empire, Ijesha kingdom and other Yoruba people that migrated from South west region in Nigeria and settled in Benin Republic and Dahomey Kingdom in those days.

The only thing that can make Egun Yoruba is the fact they have been living in Lagos Nigeria and Yoruba land for so long, which make them naturalised Yoruba, but you still can't call them full blooded Yoruba they will be egun - Yoruba. It is just like when Nigerian traveled to Britain, USA etc and became their citizens for living in there country for so long or getting born there but they will always be Nigerian - Americans or Nigerian - British.

Linguistically and culturally egun is different from Yoruba.

The Egun are the offspring of the Yoruba Popo that migrated from Ife and the Fon Of Dahomey

If the Egun were denying their Yoruba Ancestry they wouldn’t have settled among their Yoruba brethren in Yorubaland

Read this interview with an Egun high Chief
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/yoruba-in-badagry-are-from-ile-ife-not-ghana-high-chief-wawu/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 3:17am On Jul 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

You lack knowledge about Yoruba history

There is no Yoruba sub-group that bear popo

And what you are saying is their History is totally different from what they claimed.

There are Ijaw people in Ondo state, it doesn't make them Yoruba just because they lives in South west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 3:21am On Jul 23, 2022
PureFace1:

You lack knowledge about Yoruba history

There is no Yoruba sub-group that bear popo

And what you are saying is their History is totally different from what they claimed.

There are Ijaw people in Ondo state, it doesn't make them Yoruba just because they lives in South west.

It is you that needs to learn Yoruba and Egun History
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/yoruba-in-badagry-are-from-ile-ife-not-ghana-high-chief-wawu/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 3:26am On Jul 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

They are linked to Benin Republic not even Ghana.

The fact is that many of them don't claim Yoruba and none of the history you said linked them to ile - ife or Yoruba.

At least you heard what David said, you can't force them to be what they don't want to be, they even demand their own state in Lagos.

You are entitled to your opinion but to me they are not Yoruba, many of them don't even claim it and they are not even listed among part of Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Is Egun By Tribe And Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 3:33am On Jul 23, 2022
PureFace1:

They are linked to Benin Republic not even Ghana.

The fact is that many of them don't claim Yoruba and none of the history you said link them to ile - ife or Yoruba.

At least you heard what David said, you can't force them to be what they don't want to be, they even demand their own state in Lagos.

You are entitled to your opinion but to me they are not Yoruba, many of them don't even claim it and they are not even listed among part of Yoruba.

You definitely didn’t read the article

High Chief Wawu Of Badagry Kingdom said Egun migrated from Ile Ife

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Donates ₦‎40 Million To Flood Victims In Edo / Workers Day: FG Declares May 1 As Public Holiday / World Bank, Air Force, SHOFAC to Establish $5bn Aviation City in Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.