Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Experience As A Banker - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience As A Banker (27238 Views)

8 Things You Need To Survive As A Banker / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business / 5 Disadvantages Of Being A Banker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Obaman12:

Lmao! Don't joke with introverts. They notice every slightest thing you do, even when you mess. They don't talk much, but definitely knows everything that happens around them. I am one of them.
I’m an ambivert and also very observant.

But introverts are essentially sponges, all you do is hear and never share.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Lordbinsmar: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
holarmylekan:
To be honest in this country na war
We the citizens are worst than our leaders.
I think God may be punishing us for our corrupt practices with the kind of bad leaders we have
OP crime was that he was honest.
May God help we that choose to be honest to be strong no matter what we face.

I swear we Nigerians are naturally wicked oo.
I went to do something somewhere in lagos. Two personel were attending people, everybody were avoiding the Nigerian in charge and trying to make a white person attend to them.

I was like WTF. come see the way the Nigerian dey scrutinize people, any little mistake, she go throw your documents away. While the white was attending to people with emphaty.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by LagBlogger(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bobmarie:
He has a way with words but his writing has no structure. All he needs to do is learn it and he will be a good writer.

You could also offer him tips on how he can learn it or more especially show him what the structure could look like with one or more examples - If you want him to know.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Okealaaye:

That's not even the point! He writes well and I enjoyed the story. But what I'm not sure about is whether it's a life story or a fiction or not. It does not sound real to me. Please, I didn't mean to denigrate him.
I bet he's aware of the office politics and to some extent that lend credence to his story..

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by VULCAN(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Everything you said is correct.

When I saw people saying he is a good writer I was reminded that the average Nigerian is just a mediocre.

He actually wrote like someone who is experiencing serious mental health issues.

I feel for him.

He is seriously traumatized but may not even know it.

einsteine:

Poor writing.

Their ethnicities and alma matters are not relevant to the discourse.

The write-up lacks structure and coherence and at the end of the day, it is extremely stressful to understand the essence of your narrative.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by chukel(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
These same people will shout that buhari is evil, politicians are bad. But they are the devil.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Lindner: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mystery2020:
"They finally employed you. I hope you have a strong shoe", she said. I did not understand what the teller meant.

I had spent about a quarter in this new generation bank, I was ridiculed, insulted and bullied by the head teller and cash officer who is a Unilag graduate, the branch manager (BM) who once accused me of stealing, and my new supervisor who just got back from maternity leave.

This new supervisor, Fatima, was a curvy ebony naturalised Hausa-Fulani woman. One day, she asked if I have a lover. Then told me to come along with her for a drink. She wanted to take me out after the naming ceremony of the head teller's new baby, but I refused to attend. The following week, she began telling other staff members that I am stubborn. This was the genesis of my problem with her.

A lot of flirting used to happen in that place. Only two of the women out of eight were spared; one Yorubanised Hausa woman and maybe the CSM. Even the CSM gave me flirty looks several times. One of the tellers once called me gay. Asking if I don't have erections.

A new girl was hired. She was an introvert like me, but from Enugu state and a graduate of ESUT. Coincidentally, one of the Yoruba staff and a Business Administration graduate of OOU served in her village. This young lady, an Anglican, can be mistaken as the daughter of the Nollywood and Yoruba language actress popularly known as Lanre Hassan.

She made it known to management that she prefer to be in operations. However, she was brought to marketing. She said they told her point blank at head office HR that all employees in our cadre must first work as a marketer regardless of their qualifications. She had no choice but to accept the offer, so I decided to help her adjust and settle down.

The BM is a Catholic, who once forgot to attend Ash Wednesday mass despite always wearing a rosary. He is the temperamental type who takes first impression seriously. He is the first child of his family, and was often tasked with carrying the ladder up and down the streets of Nnewi for NITEL technicians when they're trying to fix the family's landline. His first car, a Honda "baby boy" Accord was stolen at gun point.

The BM, owns a shell company with address in Lekki where proceeds from dubious deals are laundered. Some of these proceeds he shared among the operations staff headed by one pretty lady; a charismatic Catholic & graduate of Ekpoma. I was told by a teller that this lady (CSM) once approached the manager to give her and the boys 'something'. This teller lives in a 'selfcon' in Surulere, which he inherited from his grandmother.

They tested me withing my first week of resumption. They sent me to a customer; a Micro Finance bank in Ikeja, with a t-fare double the required amount. When I returned, I wanted to return the balance but they all ignored me. They sent me to the MFB again the following day. I simply used the balance from the previous day. I thought I did the right thing, not knowing that they only wanted to know whether I came to Lagos to "count bridge". A question the 'Surulere' teller eventually asked me rhetorically.

They lied to me that I can not request for a t-fare lower than what I got previously again, because they will be queried by internal control. A lady in the customer care unit who attended FGGC Calabar, tried to ginger me not to answer them, but I gave in and continued to accept the bogus t-fare. Months later, the OOU graduate told me to stop behaving like a saint, that even my then supervisor who is married to an Mbaise woman collects double of that figure.

Just before the ESUT lady resumed, the manager withdrew the branch car from me, then gave me a target to open 80 accounts, sell 40 cards/POS, and mobilise ₦40 million, all within a month among other tasks. He was also using me as his P.A. and 'man Friday' for his exportation business & family Charity.

The manager refused to give the ESUT girl targets. He played a smart one by asking her, "Do you know what your target is"? She answered "no". While walking away & pointing to me, the manager said to her, "Ask him". I responded like an imbëcile; 80 accounts, 40 cards/POS, ₦40million monthly. To add salt to injury, the branch car was made available to her most times.

She was given tasks that will make her develop faster as a banker. While I was left to roam about the streets of Lagos on foot like a lunatic, who is possessed by a legion of vagabond spirits recently rendered homeless by D.K. Olukoya of MFM. Three months later, our mate in another branch told me he never go on errands without their branch car, and that he even took driving lessons with it. Na dis kind people fit the industry. Lol.

This new girl almost made the same 'first impression' blunders I made that earned me the title of "the laziest staff the manager as ever seen". I was there for her at every step, mentoring her and teaching her how to deal with them (other staff members). I will defend her in her absence whenever they speak ill of her, and always advise her on how to correct these bad impressions. I never knew that I myself had become the topic of their gossips. They gossip me even with cleaners, drivers and security men.

There was a day I came late due to an accident in which my knees were bruised. They were still in the morning meeting when I got there. The BM queried "why are you just coming? who died?". "I will make this place unbearable for you if you don't sit up".

Then the scheming against me began to heat up. She joined them to gossip me. There was a time I caught three of them by the elbow; Fatima, ESUT girl and CSM. The Ambrose Ali lady (CSM) quickly lied that the manager was asking of me. I knew she was lying but just had to leave the room. I was thinking the ESUT girl will gist me later. I am still waiting for the gist as I type this föölish epistle.

Then ESUT girl started mocking me codedly. "You are going again?" She will ask with a sadistic smile whenever I am about leaving for marketing.

For six months they tried to destroy me psychologically. I will save what they did for later. My mates in V.I., Apapa, Nnamdi Azikiwe, and somewhere else in Lagos Island which I won't mention got similar toxic treatments, but with different flavours.

Their breakthrough came during an arranged MPR meeting where I was thoroughly mocked by all the staff. The BM even called me a slowpoke. ESUT girl laughed at their insults to my dismay. Then the manager noticed my mood has changed, & sensed the opportunity to go in for the kill. Stand up!", he shouted at me, I refused. They all shouted, stand up! even the ESUT girl. Then the head teller said in Yoruba, what the hell is wrong with this boy?" That got me really pissed off. I scanned the room, my previous supervisor was biting his lips and smiling slightly. The manager snapped his fingers at me, making the impression of 'I will deal with you'.

The CSM called me for a chat, she pretended as if she cared. But her opening statement gave her away. "What you did was very rude", referring to the MPR incident. She wasn't present. Her, the first teller who asked me if I have a strong shoe, the FGGC Calabar lady, and one other teller, a man from Kwara, left the room to attend to a matter before the attack happened.

She kept going round in circles, asking stupid questions like do I have problems convincing people to open accounts? Asking me if anyone in the branch offended me. Asking me to tell her what they did wrong so that they can avoid such mistakes in the future. I was now convinced it was an exit interview. I got to know they planned the whole thing a couple of months before.

By 12 noon I got a one-page query for insubordination and two other offences; the third was a serious one. He copied the HR Business Partner who was a graduate of English Language, and 2 other executives. I won't be surprised if he did a Blind Carbon copy to the entire banking group. I replied in three lines. Business partner said I should report to a particular HR staff on Friday of that week.

On Monday, I reported to head office, HR staff has gone on leave. It was another HR officer who attended to me. A short lady, she covered her ID card so I didn't see her name. She asked, "What did you do to them that made them write all those things against you?" I did not do anything, I replied. "And they wrote all those things", she said. "They can not all be bad people", she continued. She said I showed too much anger in my reply to the query. She then went on to give me a lecture on anger management. I kept looking like mumu.

Worried about my calmness, she asked me what the problem was. I told her I have become addicted to painkillers. She asked what my future career plan is, and I told her. Of course it was not banking. She said there are more mad people in that particular sector. She said they will get back to me.

My system password was about to expire the week of the incident, but I didn't reset it. I came around Tuesday morning to know my fate, nothing.

On Wednesday, BM showed me a letter from HR Business Partner dated Tuesday, indicating that I was done. "This is what I have been telling you", he said. He asked me to login and send my handover note but I told him I can't. He was trying hard to hold his laugh.

A month later, I was getting strange calls from unknown numbers. Maybe they wanted to know if I have committed suicide. By the grace of God I am gainfully employed.

Bro sorry about all these.

But truthfully, you have a temperament that is not suited for the type of environment you found yourself.

I did this for 7 years plus and I can tell you it's the same at the branch level everywhere especially when you're in sales. You seem to be an introvert that takes minor things to heart. Don't let me get you started with the kind of insults I've received at MPRs. I've seen grown up married men being asked their age while presenting on stage in front of the whole division.

You just seem to get offended easily by people and you alienated everyone. Truth be told, all of them cannot be bad people. To survive in sales, you need your team. We had a Managenent Trainee like you. All 75 staff in the department hated him. I was his only friend but even me was just tolerating him.

In the bank, its not about you, it's the about the job

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

I bet he's aware of the office politics and to some extent that lend credence to his story..

I'm not convinced about that. Remember he wrote like an observer only, a reporter of sorts. If you read between the lines you will see that he's not involved in the narrative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by OgaDeyVex: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Can Banking Sector Make You to earn 2million Naira In one single day?

This Is The Reason Why Oga Just Dey Vex

Be Self Employed, Before Seeking For Job, So That, They Can't Treat You As Trash In Office.

Please If You Sell Bulk Airtime, Get In Touch With . COM On WhatsApp Chat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Harrisonwo(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Banking sector no easy especially those RM dept . They don't mind doing PHD behind you and all those negative stuff so they can be ahead of you. Always ready to transfer aggression to you despite you not being at fault. Anything that will take me to marketing dept, make that thing catch fire.

Operations is cool but that stress of balancing and a slight unknowingly mistake can spell doom for you especially those teller unit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
LagBlogger:

You could also offer him tips on how he can learn it or more especially show him what the structure could look like with one or more examples - If you want him to know.
He never typed anything about wanting to be a writer. The writing talk only came up because someone was praising his writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by JohnOkolo: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mystery2020:
"They finally employed you. I hope you have a strong shoe", she said. I did not understand what the teller meant.

I had spent about a quarter in this new generation bank, I was ridiculed, insulted and bullied by the head teller and cash officer who is a Unilag graduate, the branch manager (BM) who once accused me of stealing, and my new supervisor who just got back from maternity leave.

This new supervisor, Fatima, was a curvy ebony naturalised Hausa-Fulani woman. One day, she asked if I have a lover. Then told me to come along with her for a drink. She wanted to take me out after the naming ceremony of the head teller's new baby, but I refused to attend. The following week, she began telling other staff members that I am stubborn. This was the genesis of my problem with her.

A lot of flirting used to happen in that place. Only two of the women out of eight were spared; one Yorubanised Hausa woman and maybe the CSM. Even the CSM gave me flirty looks several times. One of the tellers once called me gay. Asking if I don't have erections.

A new girl was hired. She was an introvert like me, but from Enugu state and a graduate of ESUT. Coincidentally, one of the Yoruba staff and a Business Administration graduate of OOU served in her village. This young lady, an Anglican, can be mistaken as the daughter of the Nollywood and Yoruba language actress popularly known as Lanre Hassan.

She made it known to management that she prefer to be in operations. However, she was brought to marketing. She said they told her point blank at head office HR that all employees in our cadre must first work as a marketer regardless of their qualifications. She had no choice but to accept the offer, so I decided to help her adjust and settle down.

The BM is a Catholic, who once forgot to attend Ash Wednesday mass despite always wearing a rosary. He is the temperamental type who takes first impression seriously. He is the first child of his family, and was often tasked with carrying the ladder up and down the streets of Nnewi for NITEL technicians when they're trying to fix the family's landline. His first car, a Honda "baby boy" Accord was stolen at gun point.

The BM, owns a shell company with address in Lekki where proceeds from dubious deals are laundered. Some of these proceeds he shared among the operations staff headed by one pretty lady; a charismatic Catholic & graduate of Ekpoma. I was told by a teller that this lady (CSM) once approached the manager to give her and the boys 'something'. This teller lives in a 'selfcon' in Surulere, which he inherited from his grandmother.

They tested me withing my first week of resumption. They sent me to a customer; a Micro Finance bank in Ikeja, with a t-fare double the required amount. When I returned, I wanted to return the balance but they all ignored me. They sent me to the MFB again the following day. I simply used the balance from the previous day. I thought I did the right thing, not knowing that they only wanted to know whether I came to Lagos to "count bridge". A question the 'Surulere' teller eventually asked me rhetorically.

They lied to me that I can not request for a t-fare lower than what I got previously again, because they will be queried by internal control. A lady in the customer care unit who attended FGGC Calabar, tried to ginger me not to answer them, but I gave in and continued to accept the bogus t-fare. Months later, the OOU graduate told me to stop behaving like a saint, that even my then supervisor who is married to an Mbaise woman collects double of that figure.

Just before the ESUT lady resumed, the manager withdrew the branch car from me, then gave me a target to open 80 accounts, sell 40 cards/POS, and mobilise ₦40 million, all within a month among other tasks. He was also using me as his P.A. and 'man Friday' for his exportation business & family Charity.

The manager refused to give the ESUT girl targets. He played a smart one by asking her, "Do you know what your target is"? She answered "no". While walking away & pointing to me, the manager said to her, "Ask him". I responded like an imbëcile; 80 accounts, 40 cards/POS, ₦40million monthly. To add salt to injury, the branch car was made available to her most times.

She was given tasks that will make her develop faster as a banker. While I was left to roam about the streets of Lagos on foot like a lunatic, who is possessed by a legion of vagabond spirits recently rendered homeless by D.K. Olukoya of MFM. Three months later, our mate in another branch told me he never go on errands without their branch car, and that he even took driving lessons with it. Na dis kind people fit the industry. Lol.

This new girl almost made the same 'first impression' blunders I made that earned me the title of "the laziest staff the manager as ever seen". I was there for her at every step, mentoring her and teaching her how to deal with them (other staff members). I will defend her in her absence whenever they speak ill of her, and always advise her on how to correct these bad impressions. I never knew that I myself had become the topic of their gossips. They gossip me even with cleaners, drivers and security men.

There was a day I came late due to an accident in which my knees were bruised. They were still in the morning meeting when I got there. The BM queried "why are you just coming? who died?". "I will make this place unbearable for you if you don't sit up".

Then the scheming against me began to heat up. She joined them to gossip me. There was a time I caught three of them by the elbow; Fatima, ESUT girl and CSM. The Ambrose Ali lady (CSM) quickly lied that the manager was asking of me. I knew she was lying but just had to leave the room. I was thinking the ESUT girl will gist me later. I am still waiting for the gist as I type this föölish epistle.

Then ESUT girl started mocking me codedly. "You are going again?" She will ask with a sadistic smile whenever I am about leaving for marketing.

For six months they tried to destroy me psychologically. I will save what they did for later. My mates in V.I., Apapa, Nnamdi Azikiwe, and somewhere else in Lagos Island which I won't mention got similar toxic treatments, but with different flavours.

Their breakthrough came during an arranged MPR meeting where I was thoroughly mocked by all the staff. The BM even called me a slowpoke. ESUT girl laughed at their insults to my dismay. Then the manager noticed my mood has changed, & sensed the opportunity to go in for the kill. Stand up!", he shouted at me, I refused. They all shouted, stand up! even the ESUT girl. Then the head teller said in Yoruba, what the hell is wrong with this boy?" That got me really pissed off. I scanned the room, my previous supervisor was biting his lips and smiling slightly. The manager snapped his fingers at me, making the impression of 'I will deal with you'.

The CSM called me for a chat, she pretended as if she cared. But her opening statement gave her away. "What you did was very rude", referring to the MPR incident. She wasn't present. Her, the first teller who asked me if I have a strong shoe, the FGGC Calabar lady, and one other teller, a man from Kwara, left the room to attend to a matter before the attack happened.

She kept going round in circles, asking stupid questions like do I have problems convincing people to open accounts? Asking me if anyone in the branch offended me. Asking me to tell her what they did wrong so that they can avoid such mistakes in the future. I was now convinced it was an exit interview. I got to know they planned the whole thing a couple of months before.

By 12 noon I got a one-page query for insubordination and two other offences; the third was a serious one. He copied the HR Business Partner who was a graduate of English Language, and 2 other executives. I won't be surprised if he did a Blind Carbon copy to the entire banking group. I replied in three lines. Business partner said I should report to a particular HR staff on Friday of that week.

On Monday, I reported to head office, HR staff has gone on leave. It was another HR officer who attended to me. A short lady, she covered her ID card so I didn't see her name. She asked, "What did you do to them that made them write all those things against you?" I did not do anything, I replied. "And they wrote all those things", she said. "They can not all be bad people", she continued. She said I showed too much anger in my reply to the query. She then went on to give me a lecture on anger management. I kept looking like mumu.

Worried about my calmness, she asked me what the problem was. I told her I have become addicted to painkillers. She asked what my future career plan is, and I told her. Of course it was not banking. She said there are more mad people in that particular sector. She said they will get back to me.

My system password was about to expire the week of the incident, but I didn't reset it. I came around Tuesday morning to know my fate, nothing.

On Wednesday, BM showed me a letter from HR Business Partner dated Tuesday, indicating that I was done. "This is what I have been telling you", he said. He asked me to login and send my handover note but I told him I can't. He was trying hard to hold his laugh.

A month later, I was getting strange calls from unknown numbers. Maybe they wanted to know if I have committed suicide. By the grace of God I am gainfully employed.

Faced something similar while working with JUMIA, ever since I cannot even work in an environment where I get a hint about bad working culture.

I prefer my peace of mind to any money someone wants to pay.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by martinmiller: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Oops, what a nice read fam �

Toxic pple are everywhere within the environment not only in banks, they are more rampant as in plenty in new generation banks. In so far you have secured a new work, use your experience to inform your future. Happy working

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by wman(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
einsteine:

Poor writing.

The write-up lacks structure and coherence and at the end of the day, it is extremely stressful to understand the essence of your narrative.

Nigerians see a lot through tribal lenses and biases. I guess that was he included it.

Also, the guy is obviously pained and sad. It's an emotional write up not a coherent work of fiction.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by OvertheTop(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
spencekat:
Congratulations!.At last it ended in praise.Most of these superiors at work places, especially private establishments are wicked.Most bosses don't believe or they pretend to know that conspiracy can take place against a certain person in the office.I hate when they say everybody is talking against you and all of them can't be wrong.Toxic idiots everywhere.

Who Told You it ended?

Life is a Marathon......

You only Keep Running

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by NoToPile: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Loool at legions rendered homeless by Dr Olukoya.

Nice read all through.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Khayceeofficial(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

watch this video my people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ekRdx10Mk
One dunce to always quote the whole thread

WTF man!
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Fuckjesusandgod: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
You're right, very toxic place to work. If access bank call you, abeg run coz of your mental health.

TarOrfeeek:
Omo

This one is much na

Can only be Access bank.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Vix805: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
later someone will be complaining that bad things are happening to them ,well duh you reap what you sow.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Overdue: 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
You dey craze?
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Ilorisammie(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Business1230:
Hm
Kindly drop your number for the web design or HMU on 09010995748. I'm interested.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Kirkman: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
So the stupid bank nor get name abi. Keep shielding them. Instead of you to expose them so that they will get the same treatment metted out to them. Or the company will improve with regards to staff relations. People like you are one of the problems that we have in Nigeria. Shielding broad daylight corruption and mental slavery in the workplace environment.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Okealaaye:

I'm not convinced about that. Remember he wrote like an observer only, a reporter of sorts. If you read between the lines you will see that he's not involved in the narrative.
Now I understand your point.
However there were places where he made mentioned of his job role and what's expected of him, I mean the monthly targets and turnovers.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
einsteine:

Poor writing.

My thoughts exactly. I was shocked that some were commending his writing.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Berankis: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
It's an interesting story, even though I got lost with all the Calabar, Esut, FGGC and the rest... grin
You truly showed some anger tendencies and also haven't learned how to work with a team - it's a skill. Even though, you have a clean heart but you were lacking in diplomacy.
Learn from the experience and you will be a better person on the new job.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by einsteine(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
The OP's epistle and the people commending it for being well written are examples of why Nigerians are still being asked to prove their knowledge of the English language despite English being the language of our education.

Is it that these commenters don't understand proper composition? Don't you guys see how the OP jumps from paragraph to paragraph without any linkages? Or how each paragraph contains disjointed and unrelated ideas leading to an overall confusing narrative?

Then there is the issue of him being so particular about the ethnic and educational profiles of his co-workers. That says a lot about the OP.

Overall, the narrative was confusing and uninteresting. As someone who has worked in the banking industry, I began my reading with great hopes that there would be something entertaining or enlightening in the post but the OP sacrificed his message on the altar of poor composition.

The mentions of ethnicity and educational background was also a big turn off.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by CalmElder(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
einsteine:

Poor writing.

He's a good writer.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by PharmacyStore: 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hmm, the banking industry has a lot of downsides
Re: My Experience As A Banker by georjay(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Harrisonwo:
Banking sector no easy especially those RM dept . They don't mind doing PHD behind you and all those negative stuff so they can be ahead of you. Always ready to transfer aggression to you despite you not being at fault. Anything that will take me to marketing dept, make that thing catch fire.

Operations is cool but that stress of balancing and a slight unknowingly mistake can spell doom for you especially those teller unit

Asides Marketing and Operations...which other department is available?
Re: My Experience As A Banker by obinnazy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mystery2020:

n

The Lord is your strength...
Omo people are passing through a lot..
God will judge them one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by CalmElder(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bobmarie:
I just commented this. It seems he was rightly sacked because his knowledge of his co workers personal profiles is very alarming.

Even if he was told, the memory retention is scary. Almost like he intends to do something with their details.

I read a comment in the first page commending his writing. That gave me a laugh!

Don't just laugh.
He's a good writer.
He got information about their personal lives from themselves.

Some people's mouth is an endless supply of information.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by LyfeJennings(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mystery2020:

I wish to share my experience but I'd save a lot
we are just two marketers in the branch
My manager is sleeping with my colleague
They did all they could to make me loose confidence but urs truly is a stubborn goat
despite requesting a change of branch
The manager and his concubine are blocking it so they can humiliate me more

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick / Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / Army Rewards Soldiers With Bicycles, Cash For Good Conduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.