Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

My Experience As A Banker - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience As A Banker (27347 Views)

8 Things You Need To Survive As A Banker / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business / 5 Disadvantages Of Being A Banker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Banker by CalmElder(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
LagBlogger:

Probably you share some similarities with cold hearted, cynical critics.

Whether he scores low on whatever assessment you call it, I am quite sure dude is testing the waters.

Criticize with helpful tips not harsh statements like extremely stressful.

That sounds hateful especially as you didn't specify ways he could improve on it.

By the way, are you the entire 7-8 readers? What if you're wrong?

The OP wrote in a way that his former colleagues coming across the post will know that he's the one.

I have a strong suspicion that einsteine is one of them, hence the attack.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Banker by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
SoaringLife01:

Hausa who is speaking Yoruba 100%
LOL. The guy thought the Op is a tribalist like Nairalanders.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by uptownemmygee(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
blackparadise:
so if to say nah you, you go knack ham

Yes ooo
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Eagba(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Obaman12:

Lmao! Don't joke with introverts. They notice every slightest thing you do, even when you mess. They don't talk much, but definitely knows everything that happens around them. I am one of them.
Introverts over think things.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Amarita(f): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thank God you survived it..

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Eagba(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
VULCAN:
Everything you said is correct.

When I saw people saying he is a good writer I was reminded that the average Nigerian is just a mediocre.

He actually wrote like someone who is experiencing serious mental health issues.

I feel for him.

He is seriously traumatized but may not even know it.

and he writes better than you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Banker by nahzyla: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Eagba:

Introverts over think things.

It's a terrible trait to have when people skills are essential like in OP case.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by VlamesIffect(f): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Toxicity....kilode...me i go dun walk away.... I swear....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Eagba(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
einsteine:
The OP's epistle and the people commending it for being well written are examples of why Nigerians are still being asked to prove their knowledge of the English language despite English being the language of our education.

Is it that these commenters don't understand proper composition? Don't you guys see how the OP jumps from paragraph to paragraph without any linkages? Or how each paragraph contains disjointed and unrelated ideas leading to an overall confusing narrative?

Then there is the issue of him being so particular about the ethnic and educational profiles of his co-workers. That says a lot about the OP.

Overall, the narrative was confusing and uninteresting. As someone who has worked in the banking industry, I began my reading with great hopes that there would be something entertaining or enlightening in the post but the OP sacrificed his message on the altar of poor composition.

The mentions of ethnicity and educational background was also a big turn off.
If only you know that English shouldn't be as important as it is in Nigeria, you will shut up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
buttlover:
grin If na me, I for don resign teh teh. My mental health comes first. Working in such toxic gossiping environment is a no no for me. It is either I join them or I leave them.

But op you fuckup o. You for nack one of those girls at least to teach them a memorable lesson cool

One of them Ke? He for carry ALL OF THEM. He fit even use cause fight amongst them sef, hence he'll have one that is loyal to him.

Bankers

Although OP, you wrote like someone having intermittent memory loss... But I understood you sha
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
Be like you dey work for UBA

Firstly your write up is a comic relief grin grin

Well there is toxicity in work environments… people skills is very important in maintaining a good working relationship with colleagues

Now you have learned something I trust you will do better in your next job

UBA? I doubt, it "sounds" more like Access bank.

If Na woman write am, then Na most likely Zenith Bank

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Harrisonwo(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
georjay:

Asides Marketing and Operations...which other department is available?

IT,public sector, debt recovery, health, engineering, legal, treasury etc. They are many but na to get that dept be the issue.

Long leg, experience, certifications before you get those
Re: My Experience As A Banker by blackparadise: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:

Yes ooo
but the guy too mumu, instead for him to avoid troubles so he can enjoy his job..he have to apply wisdom...me I see that kind oppo I go pkamsh that boss ass shifted....I go just they use her cash cruise...as a nigga you don have to slack...nah wisdom..com they do me nice guy...things happening in all those firms ...werey ladies plenty wet dey Bleep even
Re: My Experience As A Banker by uptownemmygee(m): 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
blackparadise:
but the guy too mumu, instead for him to avoid troubles so he can enjoy his job..he have to apply wisdom...me I see that kind oppo I go pkamsh that boss ass shifted....I go just they use her cash cruise...as a nigga you don have to slack...nah wisdom..com they do me nice guy...things happening in all those firms ...werey ladies plenty wet dey Bleep even

Long as she could cover my bills
I go bleep her climax multiple times till she go forget her husband
Re: My Experience As A Banker by blackparadise: 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:

Long as she could cover my bills
I go bleep her climax multiple times till she go forget her husband
. And for the bank self ,she go dey back me up in case of wahala
Re: My Experience As A Banker by kernniejay(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mystery2020:
"They finally employed you. I hope you have a strong shoe", she said. I did not understand what the teller meant.

I had spent about a quarter in this new generation bank, I was ridiculed, insulted and bullied by the head teller and cash officer who is a Unilag graduate, the branch manager (BM) who once accused me of stealing, and my new supervisor who just got back from maternity leave.

You really tried. I can't take quarter of what you passed through before I put in my resignation. I would not allow them to outsmart me by sacking me first. You should have known that they wanted to set you up for failure and sack by that unrealistic target. What I saw in banking sector was nothing compared to yours before I called it quits without any other job. I will never near banking job again.
I'm glad you got another job. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Banker by uptownemmygee(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
blackparadise:

Confirm
Re: My Experience As A Banker by uptownemmygee(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
blackparadise:

Female banker dey bleep oga and rich customer steady, I have a female neighbour staying at the next flat close to mine, every weekend nah different men with exotic car dey come lap her daybreak.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by invinzible1: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bobmarie:
You are doing the same with this comment. I am also entitled to my opinion.

Then give your opinions without dragging others perspective into it.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by blackparadise: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:

Female banker dey bleep oga and rich customer steady, I have a female neighbour staying at the next flat close to mine, every weekend nah different men with exotic car dey come lap her daybreak.
she never marry ni...
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Dest8sman: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Op I'm disappointed in you. Didn't, you know that pilfering is part of office ethics? ( At least in Nigeria of course, yes of course)

Re: My Experience As A Banker by Hassanmaye(m): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
satandeterrible:

Oga you were a simp. A big simp!!
And that my problem with fools like you.
You just don't have sense.

The new girl came and you tried to play Mr Nice guy by being an extra helping hand for her.
What did you get in return? She still was among those that mocked and laughed at you.

I know you wanted to get into her pants and that was why you were being nice. But it backfired, as expected.

Mr man, stop being nice to girls. You will never benefit anything from that. Funny enough, it is the guy who doesn't give a shit about her that she will Bleep.. While you , white Knight in shining armour, gets nothing.

When are men going to learn that they'll benefit nothing from being Mr nice guy.

Even if uih wanted to Bleep that girl, giving her no attention and even being mean would have gotten you into her pants faster than being such a simp.

Mumu, now the girl follow mock you, still follow gang up against you. Tell me, wetin you gain, Mr simp?
Please allow stupid men to lean the hard way
Re: My Experience As A Banker by uptownemmygee(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
blackparadise:
she never marry ni...

Who wan marry her
She's just 22yrs oo, but her body count Don pass her age.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Meteng: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
buttlover:
grin If na me, I for don resign teh teh. My mental health comes first. Working in such toxic gossiping environment is a no no for me. It is either I join them or I leave them.

But op you fuckup o. [b]You for nack one of those girls at least to teach them a memorable lesson [/b]cool
Not just one, as many as possible sef
Re: My Experience As A Banker by blackparadise: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:

Who wan marry her
She's just 22yrs oo, but her body count Don pass her age.
I potty the husband that will her
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Eagba(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
nahzyla:

It's a terrible trait to have when people skills are essential like in OP case.
.part of my weak point
Re: My Experience As A Banker by VenumX: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bankers are not human beings. They are animals.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by frog12: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
nonsense story
Re: My Experience As A Banker by Emmanuel909090: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
That's a though one on you.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by frog12: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
ecobank

LagbajaTheBEREAN:
The bank in question is a blue logo bank that pride itself as pan-african while most of the management staff are nothing to write home about.

I can relate to your story through and through and the penchant for playing office politics is messing some of these banks up but they'd always play deaf ears.
Re: My Experience As A Banker by lagosrd: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
I had to open my teeth in laughter after I finished reading this gory epistle laced with suspense.

I was once in your shoes. I tackled everyone hands down. I left with my head up and since I have been doing fine at my level. I thank God.

So much sychophants running businesses. It will only make you a better person as those idiots working above you are only after themselves. Even if you like die they will still talk I'll about you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? / Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer / Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.