Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister (30934 Views)

Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke / Senate Clears 8 Nominees For Appointment As Justices Of The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by EBMedia: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbszpum7w4Q

Former Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, says President Bola Tinubu won’t regret nominating him to serve as a minister in his cabinet.

Wike stated this when he appeared before the red chamber for screening on Monday afternoon.

Wike is the only chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the ministerial list of the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration sent by the President to the Senate last Thursday.

Wike told the Senators that during his time as governor of the oil-rich Niger Delta state from May 2015 to May 2023, he started and completed many projects to improve the infrastructure of the state and that he invited politicians across party lines to commission them.

“These things can be achieved if you are committed, if you have passion for the job,” Wike told the lawmakers.

He said there are many former governors who desire to be a minister but who don’t have passion the serve Nigerians.

“There are so many people who wants to be ministers for the sake that ‘I was a governor’, for the sake that ‘I was a minister’ but there are those who say, ‘Look, what do I have to offer? Am I committed to this job?’

“I thank Mr President for nominating me. I believe, knowing how hungry Mr President is to solving the problems of Nigeria, we have no choice but to give him that required support. And I can assure you, if I am confirmed in whatever capacity, Mr President will not regret nominating me,” said the ex-Rivers governor who was a minister during the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Wike Cleared For Ministerial Role

After his introductory comment, Senate President Godswill Akpabio, attested to Wike’s competence and capacity to deliver in office and subsequently asked him to take a bow as the red chamber cleared him for ministerial role in the Tinubu government.

Following the transmission of Tinubu’s much-awaited ministerial list to the red chamber last Thursday, the Senate commenced the screening of the first batch of the nominees today (Monday).

The screening commenced at the upper chamber on Monday afternoon during plenary upon the arrival of the Senate President.

Channels Television reliably gathered that 20 of the 28 today ministerial nominees completed their documentation for the screening at the Senate today (Monday).

Those yet to complete their documentation, it was gathered, are currently out of the country..

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/31/tinubu-wont-regret-nominating-me-as-minister-wike-tells-senate/

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
The only nomination I have problems with. 😭 I don't want him in Asiwaju's government.

9 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Ikaeniyan0: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
I trust you

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by duro4chang(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
It is all right

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Ed12(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
What they promised him.. PADI PADI stuff

18 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by citygarden(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
Let's see how it goes, pray you deliver your portfolio

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by marlow1962(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tinubu is busy nominating his political foot soldiers, to help embezzle and wreck the country more, while their poor civilian foot soldiers dy under hot sun they make a foool of themselves.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by ZUKKYY(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wike" I no what minister. But i don go for screening. Dey play undecided

7 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
E woo! Adamawa dadidni !
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Throwback: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
We need strong willed ministers to handle some roles.

Wike is certainly strong willed and loved by many who eulogized him as wicked Wike.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by NwaNimo1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
He go scatter that party.........a super judas.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Dotherightthing: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Welcome on board Wike the wicked producer.

Dem Mama husband himself.

Carry Go

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
If Wike tells you Yes, it's a No.

I'm afraid for this country's poor masses whose taxes will be used to finance this lavish lifestyle of useless administration's team of transactional politicians

13 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by MrPOTUS: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Las las, Tinubu na buhari pro max.

I thought that even a stone was better than buhari.

Tinubu just clear my doubts. Buhari, sorry o lipsrsealed

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by PotatoSalad(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
AlphaNumeri234:
Wike is a good politician
Una go just dey for house dey inhale Hyaline oxide.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by UnknownT: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hungry to solve our problems but he has made us poorer than he met us in less than 3 months.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Favourchris(f): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
padi padi govt

4 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Ayo25: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Watinhapen(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
What is the need for all these nonsense screening by the senate when everyone that Tinubu listed will definitely be accepted.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Olachase(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
no be to make mouth na to deliver

anyway welcome to the industry smiley smiley

54 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Heroicvic(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
God help us all 🙏

How much is a bowl of garri in your area again rich people of NL

3 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Hoppeyhemmy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wike is Mr. Talk and do.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by dragunov: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ed12:
What they promised him.. PADI PADI stuff

He said he will deliver. So give him a chance.

10 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by HeadNigga: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Woke will perform but peter is coming

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
EBMedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbszpum7w4Q

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/31/tinubu-wont-regret-nominating-me-as-minister-wike-tells-senate/
APC better watch their back

This man destroyed PDP that gave him everything simply because of selfish interest and he will do it again even with an APC he once disdained

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by easyfem(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Like I said , there is no diff btw pdp and apc ... with all diz lies , you can predict the next 8 years of tinubu bcoz it's all base on lie .. nothing clean come out from the pig

2 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by AmadorSays: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hmmm, okay. Well truth is Wike actually did work during his tenure.

9 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by ClassicMan202(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wow..... finally him don leave fever con catch cancer

EBMedia:
Videos of Wike saying he doesn't want to be minister and will never have anything to do with APC government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDxgY5Gr_q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6SAIiq1As

Nigerian politicians are worse than thieves and scoundrels

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!! / Ganduje Bribery Video: Magu Confronted In London. See His Reaction / Rumbling In APC Over 2023 Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.