Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? (1490 Views)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Nigerian Mother Caught Her Daughter In A Hotel Room & Disgraced Her (Video) / My Ex-Girlfriend Named Her Child All My Names Just Because She Loved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2022
I was discussing with someone recently that due to the inflation, snacking is now competing with main meals these days that you would rather forgo a snack after doing your calculations and use the cost to prepare a meal.

Now, if you just stop by at the corn stand to get corn, you'll be spending almost 500 for something you would normally get at 150 before. And when you calculate how much you would make a decent meal if you add another 200, you'll drop the idea and quickly go prepare a meal that will fill you cos the snack won't.

So this leaves me wondering and worried that can't one snack again in this era or what exactly is going on?
Even with an earning of 100k, you dare not snack constantly like that for two weeks otherwise account go red before month end. Na wa o.

So if you're now earning below 100k, snacks will be a luxury or what?
The other day, I sent my niece to withdraw 5k for me. Baby girl was as usual expecting something but I just bone. Omor, by the next day, money remain 2k. I was now wondering what I did with 3k overnight. The next day, 2k zap, purse don empty. I felt like crying. Instant heartache hit me. If not for my Bible app that kept reminding me, "be content, be content " I bin don dey one reason life somehow o. Kai!

The other time, I wan try myself. So I went to domino pizza say wetin, my own no worse. Right on the queue, I asked the girl, how much is the smallest size of pizza, she'said 3500 or so. Immediately I begin sweat cos I didn't know how to leave the line. Kai!
I said today na today. 3500 just for the smallest size that I'll stuff in my mouth in one swoop. I started shaking ( no jokes).

When it was time to pay, I faked a transfer and when they said they didn't see it, I just used style collect the smallest citrus burst drink 400 and use the opportunity to get out of the queue, did as if I was coming back and left the place in a hurry. Omor see relief but that wasn't fair on me that I couldn't afford myself a pizza.

Now I'm learning how to make pizza online so I can treat myself to one on one of these weekends.

Please, those earning 100k, una still dey snack so?

4 Likes

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Lalasticlala, you still dey snack so? tongue. Abi you na in dollars you dey earn? cheesy

The thing Taya me.

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Cypress042(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2022
Snacking days are gone and would only comeback after Peter Obi wins 2023 presidential election.

For me, i don't snack again. Now i know the importance of that bible verse" Man shall not live by bread alone but by blah blah blah cool

This country isn't funny anymore sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Snacking days are gone and would only comeback after Peter Obi wins 2023 presidential election.

For me, i don't snack again. Now i know the importance of that bible verse" Man shall not live by bread alone but by blah blah blah cool

This country isn't funny anymore sad

Lol... You too? grin.

Seriously my bruv, we are just laughing but the thing is biting really hard on everyone.

Sometimes you'll nearly go back home with your money when you see the way things are small and expensive in the market.

I'm not joking, I eat only once a day and if I want to try myself and do twice, my purse will just become light and I hate visiting the POS every week but you must. No how.

May God help us o.

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Carcholce: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
E be like say them use food do you something. All your post is about food.

Anyways, come and join me.

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:
E be like say them use food do you something. All your post is about food.

Anyways, come and join me.

Lol.. wetin again dey interesting in this life after God? Na food na. cheesy.

Wetin be this? Na grass? shocked E don reach like that? Grass soup? tongue.

Enjoy your meal o.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Carcholce: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Channah1:

Lol.. wetin again dey interesting in this life after God? Na food na. cheesy.

Wetin be this? Na grass? shocked E don reach like that? Grass soup? tongue.

Enjoy your meal o.

Haha, it’s vegetable o. But not the normal Nigerian vegetable. I really miss my ugwu and water leaf vegetable.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:

Haha, it’s vegetable o. But not the normal Nigerian vegetable. I really miss my ugwu and water leaf vegetable.

O.. I see. You are In diaspora cool.

That should be spinach, little wonder e do face like that. Does it even taste like the real deal? I do see many women substituting our ugu leaves for this and I wonder if it's giving like our ugu.

How does it taste, abeg? shocked
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Cypress042(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... You too? grin.

Seriously my bruv, we are just laughing but the thing is biting really hard on everyone.

Sometimes you'll nearly go back home with your money when you see the way things are small and expensive in the market.

I'm not joking, I eat only once a day and if I want to try myself and do twice, my purse will just become light and I hate visiting the POS every week but you must. No how.

May God help us o.

Eating once a day has become my daily routine and it isn't funny in any way sad

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cypress042:

cry... Courtesy bad governance.

We shall overcome.

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Carcholce: 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Channah1:

O.. I see. You are In diaspora cool.

That should be spinach, little wonder e do face like that. Does it even taste like the real deal? I do see many women substituting our ugu leaves for this and I wonder if it's giving like our ugu.

How does it taste, abeg? shocked

Yes it’s spinach. Took me several months before I agreed to eat it. I didn’t like and still don’t. The taste is so bland. The health benefits is much that’s why I eat it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:

Yes it’s spinach. Took me several months before I agreed to eat it. I didn’t like and still don’t. The taste is so bland. The health benefits is much that’s why I eat it.

I thought as much. undecided.

You can plant your ugu there na. Anyways, enjoy!
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Wizywiz(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
Op I don't do snack anymore oooo..me wey like sweet mouth cheesy but sometimes when I remember the amount to be spent on it mehn I just lock up and cook normal meal that will last me and atleast get me filled up ooo. ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wizywiz:
Op I don't do snack anymore oooo..me wey like sweet mouth cheesy but sometimes when I remember the amount to be spent on it mehn I just lock up and cook normal meal that will last me and atleast get me filled up ooo. ..

Lol .. this is serious o my bruv. cheesy grin cheesy... It is well.

Let's be hopeful that the next government will do something about this.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Wizywiz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Channah1:

Lol .. this is serious o my bruv. cheesy grin cheesy... It is well.

Let's be hopeful that the next government will do something about this.
grin yes ooo...even Inside the well....we pray for Good government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Mindlog: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Things are really getting out of hand in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mindlog:
Things are really getting out of hand in Nigeria.

Im telling you.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by nedekid: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
We that don't have fixed income as we are self employed. 100k is more like every few days, certainly not weekly.
Anyway, snacking out for me has to make sense nowadays. I don't spend money unwisely. It is hard for me to to do. Major reason is that I easily make such chops. Cooking is my hobby and I usually keep ingridents at home. Eg why will I buy 1 piece of turkey wing for 2k when I can buy a kilo for 3k and have several wings? Or buy a portion of chips for 1k when I can buy a kilo for 500?
The issue here is if you personally enjoy cooking and how easy it is for you to do it. The other day I had a craving for corn soup we pay so much for in Chinese restaurants. I entered YouTube, watched how to make it, and in munites I was eating it.
So basically eating out is once in a while.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by nedekid: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wizywiz:
See, go on YouTube, you will see videos on how to quickly make anything you want. All those expensive snacks, food etc you go outside to buy, you can make easily at home. The secret is that you keep ingridents always, eg spices, flour, herbs, oil, moshrooms, sweetcorn, garlic, ginger etc. Just accumulate them even if you don't need them. This is so when you have to cook, you don't need to start buying such minor stuff.
You wil see you have wasted money buying rubbish from all those eateries.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Wizywiz(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
nedekid:

See, go on YouTube, you will see videos on how to quickly make anything you want. All those expensive snacks, food etc you go outside to buy, you can make easily at home. The secret is that you keep ingridents always, eg spices, flour, herbs, oil, moshrooms, sweetcorn, garlic, ginger etc. Just accumulate them even if you don't need them. This is so when you have to cook, you don't need to start buying such minor stuff.
tanx bro >: grin

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Mindlog: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
nedekid:

The eateries are out to make profit after deducting the cost of producing them likewise their overhead cost

I believe if a local business will be smart enough to come up with what we have here in the UK, called stonebaked pizza. It is pizza mass produced, frozen and sold cheaper in supermarkets and stores, you buy the flavour and size you want, get home and oven cook it for about 15mins.....pizza is ready!

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by seunadeolu(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
OmO Sapa hold me, you snack small, account don red. Cohabitation is the key to saving money now o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by sekem: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Channah1:
I was discussing with someone recently that due to the inflation, snacking is now competing with main meals these days that you would rather forgo a snack after doing your calculations and use the cost to prepare a meal.

Now, if you just stop by at the corn stand to get corn, you'll be spending almost 500 for something you would normally get at 150 before. And when you calculate how much you would make a decent meal if you add another 200, you'll drop the idea and quickly go prepare a meal that will fill you cos the snack won't.

So this leaves me wondering and worried that can't one snack again in this era or what exactly is going on?
Even with an earning of 100k, you dare not snack constantly like that for two weeks otherwise account go red before month end. Na wa o.

So if you're now earning below 100k, snacks will be a luxury or what?
The other day, I sent my niece to withdraw 5k for me. Baby girl was as usual expecting something but I just bone. Omor, by the next day, money remain 2k. I was now wondering what I did with 3k overnight. The next day, 2k zap, purse don empty. I felt like crying. Instant heartache hit me. If not for my Bible app that kept reminding me, "be content, be content " I bin don dey one reason life somehow o. Kai!

The other time, I wan try myself. So I went to domino pizza say wetin, my own no worse. Right on the queue, I asked the girl, how much is the smallest size of pizza, she'said 3500 or so. Immediately I begin sweat cos I didn't know how to leave the line. Kai!
I said today na today. 3500 just for the smallest size that I'll stuff in my mouth in one swoop. I started shaking ( no jokes).

When it was time to pay, I faked a transfer and when they said they didn't see it, I just used style collect the smallest citrus burst drink 400 and use the opportunity to get out of the queue, did as if I was coming back and left the place in a hurry. Omor see relief but that wasn't fair on me that I couldn't afford myself a pizza.

Now I'm learning how to make pizza online so I can treat myself to one on one of these weekends.

Please, those earning 100k, una still dey snack so?

What I liked most about this your story is your smartness.

Some other people might have resorted to begging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
sekem:

What I liked most about this your story is your smartness.

Some other people might have resorted to begging.

No nau. I'm a contented person.

Thanks.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
nedekid:
We that don't have fixed income as we are self employed. 100k is more like every few days, certainly not weekly.
Anyway, snacking out for me has to make sense nowadays. I don't spend money unwisely. It is hard for me to to do. Major reason is that I easily make such chops. Cooking is my hobby and I usually keep ingridents at home. Eg why will I buy 1 piece of turkey wing for 2k when I can buy a kilo for 3k and have several wings? Or buy a portion of chips for 1k when I can buy a kilo for 500?
The issue here is if you personally enjoy cooking and how easy it is for you to do it. The other day I had a craving for corn soup we pay so much for in Chinese restaurants. I entered YouTube, watched how to make it, and in munites I was eating it.
So basically eating out is once in a while.

Wow! Interesting.

Yeah, I'll learn to make so many things though I know how to make a few snacks already but laziness sometimes doesn't allow me to make them.

Thanks G.

1 Like

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2022
seunadeolu:
OmO Sapa hold me, you snack small, account don red. Cohabitation is the key to saving money now o

May sapa not hold you in Jesus name.

Cohabiting with someone who has same financial strength as you na him sure pass o. Hmmm...

It is well.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by seunadeolu(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
thank you dear. wishing you all the best.

Channah1:

May sapa not hold you in Jesus name.

Cohabiting with someone who has same financial strength as you na him sure pass o. Hmmm...

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
seunadeolu:
thank you dear. wishing you all the best.

Amen.
You're welcome.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by OlawaleBammie: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
Cypress042:

Ahaa, how are u guys eating once in a day?? U and channah1 ... Why??

Ahh, noo, even if a no get money for anything no be for food.

Well, this is what i do, i will complete the three square meal nitemi, unless i am not hungry or i am not having tym to eat. And i am not the only one feeding, feeding people around me as well and their meals must complete.
As for the snacking, lol, my snacking no dey pass Guguru, banana and g/nut, burger, #50/#100 cake and other petty snacks. A no dey do pass mysef .
And God con bless me, a no sabi drink, a no dey party, womanise, bet or drug, so my faaji life is always on red bar, this has aid my ability to provide for my home and still has reasonable amount to save(even close to 150k) in a month.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Channah1(f): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Ahaa, how are u guys eating once in a day?? U and channah1 ... Why??

Ahh, noo, even if a no get money for anything no be for food.

Well, this is what i do, i will complete the three square meal nitemi, unless i am not hungry or i am not having tym to eat. And i am not the only one feeding, feeding people around me as well and their meals must complete.
As for the snacking, lol, my snacking no dey pass Guguru, banana and g/nut, burger, #50/#100 cake and other petty snacks. A no dey do pass mysef .
And God con bless me, a no sabi drink, a no dey party, womanise, bet or drug, so my faaji life is always on red bar, this has aid my ability to provide for my home and still has reasonable amount to save(even close to 150k) in a month.

Normally I can't eat three times a day, I'll have indigestion problems. The highest I can go is twice.

When I do once a day, I'll make sure I eat well and snack in-between which is why this topic is up because even the snacking come dey expensive making it obvious sometimes that one is now eating once a day as you have to forgo snacks and wait till main meal is ready.

All na to save cost at the end of the day and e don dey master body.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
When did you start getting contented . Too many vices in one person lol cheesy

Na joke o

Channah1:

No nau. I'm a contented person.

Thanks.
Re: HOW I DISGRACED MYSELF JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SNACK ? WHO STILL SNACK DIZ DAYZ? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2022
Carcholce:

It taste very great if you make it very well. Both Kale and spinach efo riro.

(1) (Reply)

Young Boy In Tears As He Shows Condition Of His Family Of Seven Who Lives In One / The World Is Terrible! Please Read Carefully. / Have I Lost Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.