Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) (47151 Views)

Response To A Nairalander's UK Japa Experience. / Japa Experience From Lagos To Canada / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Bigsteppa12: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2022
vheckthor1:

When did you submit your visa application?

August last year
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by SleekyP(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2022
Bigsteppa12:
Hi guys,

I got an admission for MSc in poland but I got my bsc certificate in Benin Republic. I was told I need to authenticate my results in Ministry of Foreign affairs in Benin Republic. Does anyone knows how long it’s going to take to authenticate my results? Cuz My visa appointment is on the 29th of Aug.

Tip them to get it sameday or next day

1 Like

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Sweetvie: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2022
Ayohbk:

As much as I commend your effort in creating this thread and furnishing it with information but I'm sad, angry and disturbed with you following the trend of demonizing your fellow countrymen.

Let me start with the first point of not relating to black guys because they are jealous or blahblah. I will reply to this from my own POV

When I came to Germany 3 years ago, there was a large group of Nigerians who joined the Uni that same time. There was limited knowledge on how to navigate studies and get good jobs. I can remember my second week in Germany, about 5 of us ran into a Ghanaian guy who was in the uni earlier than us and he gave us orientation on how things goes. He was like forget hustle jobs, try to focus on studies squarely and get a proper office job. Then we met a Nigerian who told us to find a hustle Job asap and ride along with studies. We met another person who told us that it's really difficult to find a job, and study is hard here blah blah. Everyone speaks from their experience and their scope of knowledge then it is left to you to know which one works best for you and you can use. Out of the 3 scenarios advised above, none of them really worked for me but I picked something from all the 3 people and many other people and I can say I am in a better place than I can imagine. Personally, I do not believe anyone is jealous or doesn't want you to progress, some might just be frustrated and they project their failures on you unknowingly. It's up to you to process the kind of information you receive. Never dismiss anyone or their experience because they are black or whatever. Believe me I had a 4 hr heated argument with a guy that i came to Germany with on the same plane. He argued that it's not possible for a black guy to get a proper technical job in Germany and I argued otherwise. After that heated argument we literally stopped being friends. But his points always remained at the back of my mind for over a year and it made me scared of applying for jobs so I never applied. I was only doing hustle jobs, until another Nigerian friend got a technical job and he also encouraged me to do same. With input from friends including Nigerians, I improved my skills and my CV, one month after applying I got 4 offers after 100s of rejections. 3 months while working on the part time student job, I got 3 offers for a full time job. I started my full-time job in a multinational company while still studying and also changing my visa status.Also note that till now, my german is not good but the jobs I got are in English.
Points to pick out from this story:
1. The guys that gave us orientation, never told us of the possibility of getting a full-time job while studying. Maybe if they had tild us most of us could have gotten full-time jobs without the whole school stress if anyone is not interested in studying. This is not because they are jealous of us. But they only gave orientation based on their experiences and also rules are being changed constantly.
After getting my full time job, the other Nigerian that encouraged me to apply for technical jobs also got a full time job too, he started today. This was made possible by us making further research and also information shared within ourselves.
2. The other guy I had the heated argument with, did not make his point based on jealousy or whatever, but based on experience and also the difficult situation he found himself.
3. There was also a "common belief" that you can't get a good job in Germany without knowledge of German. This is true in some cases, there are some rejections I got and I asked them why, they tell me they need someone with fluent german. if i pass this information to someone else and he takes it as a rule. Then he meets someone that got a job without German, then he will say i don't want his progress. In my situation, the first student job I got in the advert they stated they needed someone with good german. I just applied randomly expecting a rejection. I got called for interview, everything was in English and i got the job. When I was working there, they told me that they need more people but they were not getting applications. I told them it was because the advert was in German and also they stated they needed someone with good german which discourages foreigners to apply cos I also almost didn't apply. Then they told me the company only recently started adopting English as working language. They asked me to help them rewrite the advert in English and also recommend people.

I've met Germans who are surprised that I got a full-time job while studying. There was even a german who once kinda implied to my Indian friend that he shouldn't ask for a certain range if salary during interview. Guess what, my friend negotiated for over 10k higher and I also even got higher that the range he stated �. Does that mean he's jealous, No, he was only speaking based on experience.

Now, when I meet newcomers, I always tell them just keep applying and improving your skills. Send like 10 applications per day. It doesn't mean I'm a better person or whatever. I only gave that advice based on experience.

To finish my point, make friends with anyone you meet, relate with and have similar goals and drive regardless of their color. Believe me, the familiarity and brotherly joy, I get when amongst black people most especially Nigerians you can't replicate. Make friends with someone does not mean trust them completely or take their words as Bible. It's everyman for himself everywhere.
No matter how hard you try, you can never fit in completely in a Group of friends filled with white people and also you can almost never have a German best friend. Most of them already formed their cliques or best friends since their high school days. It's probably easier for a black person born here or in their teens or early 20s. If you are beyond this age group, you'll have to be your own best friend. Everywhere you go just try to be the best version of yourself, smile, relate with people regardless of their color, share and get information you need, go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat everyday.

Don't loose yourself trying to fit in a white society. Don't demonize your people.

wow... You're so on point
This message is really going to motivate many people here. Thanks for this wink

1 Like

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by FuckEveryday: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2022
Lol, Nairaland!

Same old, Same Old. The same yesterday, today & maybe forever.

No one knows which story is true or not, No one knows who is who.

Gone are the days where a Nairalander picked someone from the airport just from Nairaland connections.

Everything has a prime, just like Barcelona prime years was under pep guardiola.

Travel section had its prime years under FrankNetter, Originalsly, TochiPhotos, Daniel..and so many I can't even remember.

Can the travel section of 2016-2018 be repeated? I highly doubt it.

Nice thread OP (if legit)

5 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by vheckthor1: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2022
Bigsteppa12:

August last year
And you are just getting appointment this year shocked this is weird
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Icydan: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello guys.

I need help on this.

My sponsor is a business woman. Can she use her business statement of account?
Note: the account name does have her names rather her business name. Can CAC suffice? The business is registered under CAC and her name is on it as the CEO.

What other documents will I be needing from her as a business woman.

Await for your replies!
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Phelixblaq(m): 1:07am On Aug 22, 2022
Thus bobo with fake stories never still show face,,??

2 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Yaasir(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
Austria is not easy to enter, most especially from Nigeria. School appears to be fairly easier but not as easy as other countries. But, it is a dream place to live.
shomutuski:

Def
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Bigsteppa12: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
SleekyP:

Tip them to get it sameday or next day

Did you do that in Benin Republic or Nigeria
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by SleekyP(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bigsteppa12:

Did you do that in Benin Republic or Nigeria
Foreign students legalize their docs in Abuja, don’t know about Benin Republic student.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by damzy88: 2:30am On Aug 24, 2022
Kly003:
Guys, in the pursuit for success and greener pasture, there are laws you all must know. These laws must be adhered to, followed and kept in heart. Never forget these laws. If you don't keep this to mind, you may crash or have a stunted progress...

Law 1- When you travel, as a newbie who is trying to settle in, never be too quick to fall to the pressure of sending money back home. Give yourself atleast a year to get very balanced (in most cases, less than a year you are fine, in few cases you are still struggling after a year)

Law 2- if you are not travelling the legal way (studies or work) you may regret it, you may later make it but it will take you a longer years of suffering, regrets and depression. Some may never even make it. The best way to become a legal residence is always through studies.... See bah! School is a scam only in naija, when you study here, even as an undergraduate you are eligible to work for top multinational companies.... Your BSc is worshiped here, not to even talk about your Msc.... You will never regret if you come through studies and follow through. I repeat, you will never regret.

Law 3- Mingle more with the foreigners and learn from them, they are the people who can really help you. A black man can't help you, he is by default angry and jealous to watch you not progress than him. Need I tell you my job I got for a multinational firm was gotten through a ladies referral in Poland? Did we date-No! It's why I always debunk the cases of racism because people preach about it to the. Extreme as tho some blacks don't show reasons to be hated on.

Rule 4- Stay away from Nigerian ladies... They have nothing to offer you. I don't mean, you shouldnt talk or discuss with them.. But I recommend not dating them. Look, travelling comes with its downsides and that is majorly LONELINESS... In the pool of attraction, most of these ladies aren't attractive to foreigners, rather its the naija guys who always get attracted to foreign ladies... You don't want anyone who will milk you and have no value in your life. When you Start making money here, you will be tempted by many of these naija girls to date them. Don't! I repeat Don't.... They are looking to prey on you because no one looks their way at this phase.

5. Remember home- Some spend years travelling and never look to remember where they came from. It's possible because they are still illegal and yet to get their papers, however when you are settled and well to do, always remember home and where you came from. If you have a brother who always asks for money. Invite him over and take him out of naija.... Let's be honest.... When you say it's not easy here you know you lie.... Stop those lies and help your siblings to travel rather than sending money all the time making them your slaves. .

Stick to this laws and you will be fine, be open to foreigners... Seek to build network with them, you will never loose. You musn't date all but you will sure get the best of their friendship.

My story continues on my experience. Next
I love this.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by damzy88: 2:38am On Aug 24, 2022
cheesy
topetall:

Rule 4- Stay away from Nigerian ladies... They have nothing to offer you. I don't mean, you shouldnt talk or discuss with them..They are looking to prey on you because no one looks their way at this phase.

Nice thread so far but you make it sound like all Nigerian ladies are there to prey on the men. Yes you can explore many options for dating rather than narrowing it too quickly. That is ok advise

There is no need dissing naija Ladies. From the beginning of your write up, we already know you are attracted to 'beautiful' polish girls that can pluck your eyes.

Please don't let them pluck your sense too. Your 2 younger sisters and family will relocate someday and you don't want some guy having same myopic impression of them.

Just respect your naija ladies even if you are more attracted to oyinbo. You don't need to bring anyone down. There are some white men interested in black ladies too, so respect choices and people.

Same impression that you think naija ladies are 'leech' is the same impression that the polish lady's friends and family are warning about you. even with your multinational.

And if your desire work out and get married to one of them, if you keep dissing your naija women, they will help you to disrespect them too....until it hits home. remember you gonna have kids that may not fit in either world and you will have to educate the kids to love themselves.
grin cheesy
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by damzy88: 2:45am On Aug 24, 2022
Ayohbk:

As much as I commend your effort in creating this thread and furnishing it with information but I'm sad, angry and disturbed with you following the trend of demonizing your fellow countrymen.

Let me start with the first point of not relating to black guys because they are jealous or blahblah. I will reply to this from my own POV

When I came to Germany 3 years ago, there was a large group of Nigerians who joined the Uni that same time. There was limited knowledge on how to navigate studies and get good jobs. I can remember my second week in Germany, about 5 of us ran into a Ghanaian guy who was in the uni earlier than us and he gave us orientation on how things goes. He was like forget hustle jobs, try to focus on studies squarely and get a proper office job. Then we met a Nigerian who told us to find a hustle Job asap and ride along with studies. We met another person who told us that it's really difficult to find a job, and study is hard here blah blah. Everyone speaks from their experience and their scope of knowledge then it is left to you to know which one works best for you and you can use. Out of the 3 scenarios advised above, none of them really worked for me but I picked something from all the 3 people and many other people and I can say I am in a better place than I can imagine. Personally, I do not believe anyone is jealous or doesn't want you to progress, some might just be frustrated and they project their failures on you unknowingly. It's up to you to process the kind of information you receive. Never dismiss anyone or their experience because they are black or whatever. Believe me I had a 4 hr heated argument with a guy that i came to Germany with on the same plane. He argued that it's not possible for a black guy to get a proper technical job in Germany and I argued otherwise. After that heated argument we literally stopped being friends. But his points always remained at the back of my mind for over a year and it made me scared of applying for jobs so I never applied. I was only doing hustle jobs, until another Nigerian friend got a technical job and he also encouraged me to do same. With input from friends including Nigerians, I improved my skills and my CV, one month after applying I got 4 offers after 100s of rejections. 3 months while working on the part time student job, I got 3 offers for a full time job. I started my full-time job in a multinational company while still studying and also changing my visa status.Also note that till now, my german is not good but the jobs I got are in English.
Points to pick out from this story:
1. The guys that gave us orientation, never told us of the possibility of getting a full-time job while studying. Maybe if they had tild us most of us could have gotten full-time jobs without the whole school stress if anyone is not interested in studying. This is not because they are jealous of us. But they only gave orientation based on their experiences and also rules are being changed constantly.
After getting my full time job, the other Nigerian that encouraged me to apply for technical jobs also got a full time job too, he started today. This was made possible by us making further research and also information shared within ourselves.
2. The other guy I had the heated argument with, did not make his point based on jealousy or whatever, but based on experience and also the difficult situation he found himself.
3. There was also a "common belief" that you can't get a good job in Germany without knowledge of German. This is true in some cases, there are some rejections I got and I asked them why, they tell me they need someone with fluent german. if i pass this information to someone else and he takes it as a rule. Then he meets someone that got a job without German, then he will say i don't want his progress. In my situation, the first student job I got in the advert they stated they needed someone with good german. I just applied randomly expecting a rejection. I got called for interview, everything was in English and i got the job. When I was working there, they told me that they need more people but they were not getting applications. I told them it was because the advert was in German and also they stated they needed someone with good german which discourages foreigners to apply cos I also almost didn't apply. Then they told me the company only recently started adopting English as working language. They asked me to help them rewrite the advert in English and also recommend people.

I've met Germans who are surprised that I got a full-time job while studying. There was even a german who once kinda implied to my Indian friend that he shouldn't ask for a certain range if salary during interview. Guess what, my friend negotiated for over 10k higher and I also even got higher that the range he stated �. Does that mean he's jealous, No, he was only speaking based on experience.

Now, when I meet newcomers, I always tell them just keep applying and improving your skills. Send like 10 applications per day. It doesn't mean I'm a better person or whatever. I only gave that advice based on experience.

To finish my point, make friends with anyone you meet, relate with and have similar goals and drive regardless of their color. Believe me, the familiarity and brotherly joy, I get when amongst black people most especially Nigerians you can't replicate. Make friends with someone does not mean trust them completely or take their words as Bible. It's everyman for himself everywhere.
No matter how hard you try, you can never fit in completely in a Group of friends filled with white people and also you can almost never have a German best friend. Most of them already formed their cliques or best friends since their high school days. It's probably easier for a black person born here or in their teens or early 20s. If you are beyond this age group, you'll have to be your own best friend. Everywhere you go just try to be the best version of yourself, smile, relate with people regardless of their color, share and get information you need, go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat everyday.

Don't loose yourself trying to fit in a white society. Don't demonize your people.

Wow
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by surplusbaba(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2022

Major thing is getting a company that will employ you and processing the necessary documents on their names, sending and recommending you to the directorate of the ministry of foreign affairs of the host country which the company is, and European Affairs, Once you get this, You are 90 percernt Done. But the main issue is not to go and recommend a bad person.

Getting those documents and recommendation from company, your visa is 99 percent guaranteed.
Boss, abeg help me too in anyway you can. Banking job has been frustrating me over the years based on unachievable target here. I will appreciate you if you can help me secure the work over there too. My story is long, which if I started now, I may not be able to finish. I swear by heaven that I will never disappoint you and you will never regret help me. Please assist me
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by solid3(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2022
Kly003:

Lol... I frequent there from Poland.

Should be there again for Arsenal first match.

Omo, life don soft for you in less than one year reach to dey go watch Arsenal match for UK. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Phelixblaq(m): 12:51am On Aug 26, 2022
solid3:

Omo, life don soft for you in less than one year reach to dey go watch Arsenal match for UK. angry
Your sense never tell you say Op na scam??

6 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
Phelixblaq:

Your sense never tell you say Op na scam??

Did he scam you? I can remember he asked nobody to send him emails and that he doesn't do travel consultations. So, where's this coming from?

9 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Enddy50ty(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Did he scam you? I can remember he asked nobody to send him emails and that he doesn't do travel consultations. So, where's this coming from?

Exactly. I'm guessing some people did not read from the first page.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by yehmy(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2022
Kly003:

I am currently pursing an undergraduate degree and I can say its totally worth it. The only issue with Poland is getting date, that's it.

I have a question for you since you hardly post can you please respond to my PM?
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Udapod(m): 11:36am On Aug 31, 2022
Op please continue. I know they have annoyed you. Abeg OP start to drop pics ooo. And pls for those of you hating on him for what he said and arguing about racism in Poland the fact is you are not there you can’t argue there’s extreme racism there cos do you know the way other countries talk about Nigerian killings, it’s hyped as if u step in to Nigeria is as of u stepped into COD. I have not been there though. All of us that have not being there we should just keep mute and for the 9ja girls stuff. Literally almost every 9ja men abroad says same. So we can’t relate if we have not been there. So make all of us park well. Let’s enjoy the traveling vibes together please. No hating and arguments please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Spanishmilf(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2022
damzy88:
Wow
you quote the whole thing just say "wow"
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Spanishmilf(m): 11:58am On Aug 31, 2022
Udapod:
Op please continue. I know they have annoyed you. Abeg OP start to drop pics ooo. And pls for those of you hating on him for what he said and arguing about racism in Poland the fact is you are not there you can’t argue there’s extreme racism there cos do you know the way other countries talk about Nigerian killings, it’s hyped as if u step in to Nigeria is as of u stepped into COD. I have not been there though. All of us that have not being there we should just keep mute and for the 9ja girls stuff. Literally almost every 9ja men abroad says same. So we can’t relate if we have not been there. So make all of us park well. Let’s enjoy the traveling vibes together please. No hating and arguments please
Op have not used a year in poland he already assume there is no racism. The same poland turning africans who r affectsd by the russia Ukraine war.
Fix up

2 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Spanishmilf(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

why has Op not updated his thread in weeks. I'm not saying he is a scam smtin doesn't sit right.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by HIGHLYGRACED(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
Greetings all, please is it advisable and possible for a young Nigerian guy like me, to enter Poland through work visa, and then after 1 or 2 years save up something to pursue my MSC.

Please honest nairalanders help me with an answer please.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Floki737: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
undecided undecided I hope you guys are happy now??
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Valentineboy1: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
HIGHLYGRACED:
Greetings all, please is it advisable and possible for a young Nigerian guy like me, to enter Poland through work visa, and then after 1 or 2 years save up something to pursue my MSC.

Please honest nairalanders help me with an answer please.
it's not possible
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by HIGHLYGRACED(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2022
Valentineboy1:
it's not possible

But @ Valentineboy1, why do you think so?

Please would really like to know your reasons, and I am already a BSC degree holder, just wanting to move to USA to study, but due to its level of difficulty in securing its visa here in Nigeria, I opted for Warsaw, Poland to work in other to raise funds to pursue my MSC in USA. At least after a year and some months.

Is there a possibility in achieving this feat please brothers in Poland ur sincere advise and opinion is needed please.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by HIGHLYGRACED(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2022
And please what is the salary structure per month like for full time workers in a factory when converted to Nigerian naira please, candid answers needed...
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Valentineboy1: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
HIGHLYGRACED:

But @ Valentineboy1, why do you think so?

Please would really like to know your reasons, and I am already a BSC degree holder, just wanting to move to USA to study, but due to its level of difficulty in securing its visa here in Nigeria, I opted for Warsaw, Poland to work in other to raise funds to pursue my MSC in USA. At least after a year and some months.

Is there a possibility in achieving this feat please brothers in Poland ur sincere advise and opinion is needed please.

To get Poland appointment and visa is another big problem... Kindly check the Poland thread for more info

1 Like

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by HIGHLYGRACED(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
Valentineboy1:

To get Poland appointment and visa is another big problem... Kindly check the Poland thread for more info

@Valentinoboy1, I have already secured my visa and work permit, just in need of opinions as related to the possibility of working in Warsaw Poland and saving up something meaningful to enable me fund my MSC in USA within a year of two period of dedicated work?

Just wanted to know if its an attainable goal or to say possible within a short time frame as stated above

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Journey To Qatar / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.