Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) (47121 Views)

Response To A Nairalander's UK Japa Experience. / Japa Experience From Lagos To Canada / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Enugurangers: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2022
Spanishmilf:
why r u using his addict against him tho?
That the lowest thing you can do man
Smh
Beware of Ishitinyourlife. Just like Britishnaija, he is a scammer as well.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Phelixblaq(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Am beginning to think this yeye OP is an accompliance of Britishnaija... hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by EngrKemp: 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kly003:

Good questions, I had my bachelor's already in naija and was working with it back in naija.... I was a banker... However, after loosing my job and things went really bad I decided to leave for Poland (check my previous post), currently I'm having a redo of BSc... Truthfully, it wasn't my intention to repeat BSc, but my school was on strike then and I couldn't get my transcripts to process my admission for masters, so I had to let go and go for BSc...

Now, the irony now is, I'm even very happy doing a Bachelors here, because it gives me a longer stay here which transcends to my residence stay and most importantly still gives me a job as tho there isn't a difference, plus it's even a shorter period of time.

2. It is very easy to get Jobs here... Not just anyhow jobs or menial works but office jobs. We ha w lots of people here even nigerians who are accounting undergraduate here working for Bank of New York here and other top Stock Exchange companies here.... I'm currently working for a very massive multinational company with equity worth billions.... Prior this moment, it was hard to get job in Poland, precisely pre pandermic period but now it's a lot easy. Poland don open pie for jobs influx plus you can work full time as a student which makes it even more better than UK that has 20 hours a week duration.

If I tell una and show una my work place, una go surprise.... But I will leave that mute... Even someone here on this Nairaland messaged me and told me he got a job from Poland as he is even in Nigeria. A big IT firm, who took care of his work permit. Poland is the country now. It can only get better.

3. Yes! Majority of your cost will be borne on turion fee which averages about 500k, flight in my time using Turkish airline was about 275k, now I think its all expensive but still 2 million naira should be okay for you to do all. I really mean it. But one last thing, STAY AWAY FROM AGENTS.

What about PGD before going for MSc in project management in Engineering.
How many years can it be?
And how much is it? Per semester
Which school are u and where(city and school) do u consider best?
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Fidelismaria: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2022
ayomide8990:

2. Fidelismaria

Another Wonderful Japa Story.

Thanks for the mention bro.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by justwise(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Justwise check this link, ban fraudsters and remove their links.

2 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Icydan: 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kly003:
From subsequent stories, i will be adding recent pictures from here in Poland... The story is about to get more fun..

Story continues

Guys, soon we arrived Istanbul on Transit and it was then i was surprised to see the hell we've been living in Nigeria, The Airport was everything unlike Murtala Muhammed Aurport, it was lit, bright and we lots of foreigners from different works of life. Little wonder, do they call Turkey the business capital of the world. The moment you leave that naija Airport, you are sure to witness a different wonderful world... The checks was easy and seamless, we had about 3 hours before gettinf set for our next flight. I was not alone, i was with my friend we travelled from Benin and we met other Nigerian Girls too on the plane as we moved all together.

After all the checks, we retired to sit in a lounge together, looking aroung and keeping close eyes with the departure time for our flight on a large display to know when we should move... You could see top international brands there in Istanbul... Zara, Louis Vuitton and top brands.... The chanderliers and the lightening system at the Airport was so bright that it could power the whole naija grin... While, my eyes was marauding everywhere, you could see some beautiful turkish ladies, looking slim and fit but beaitiful.... So beautiful, that you may be tempted to stay longer at Istanbul... You could see the excitment in their eyes when you lurk eye contact with them. They are always currious to know whats its like being black- Nigerian.

Myself and my other Benin guy didn't dull, we sat in the midst of some turkish girl and another from Egypt and had decent conversations, talked really deep and exchanged contact with her. At this time, i was using the Wifi at the Airport, although it was 1 hour timed, but the network was super fast.... I spoke with some of my friends on whatsapp Video call that moment with Rukya, I called a friend of mine in Naija and everywhere was so dark... i was like "Chai, so na wetin i be dey experience for naija" Rukya, was also surprised and was asking whats wrong with his environment, i just laugh tell am say, it was night then... You could see from her eyes she was still surprised. It wasn't long before, some of Rukya girl friends came and joined us, they offered us some tea and sweat, they laughed at us while we weregulping the tea giving them funny facial expression like its funny. Guys, it was fun... Meanwhile the other two naija girls who we borded the same plane with were with us but in a different seat alone... As benin guys, we no dull, as we were with these girls gisting and having drinks together. Most of them are muslim but very beautiful. As in, very beautiful!

See, Istanbul Airport is so big that if you waka anyhow you fit lost... so i was always taking my move in short distance. I tried looking to get some few chops and things to eat. I didn't understand their food.... Las las i sha manage the tea does ladies gave us.. Soon, it was time for them to leave, we hugged and parted.. Exchanged whatsapp numbers and we still chat till this very moment, but for distance.... Anyways, that was before i met polish girls who would steal and pluck your heart and eyes away with their beauty and physique..

So we went and sat with this other naija ladies, it was almost time and then we moved all togethe to where they would check us again, it was a quick check on our passport and that was it... A shuttle like bus was outside the Airport and conveyed us in a 5 minutes ride to where the plane was.... it was all fun galore, this time body don tire person.... I just wanted to do and entire poland so i relax... We got into the plane and i had a beautiful American Polish i sat with.... She was so nutty but beautiful and open minded.. she got some piercing and tatoo and wore a face cap.... We flowed and talked all along. She offered to house me if accomodation was going to an issue, cos we were to arrive warsaw late that night at about 11 pm and my city was still 5 hours train to the destination. I had guys who were ready to pick me too at the Airport, i was tempted to say Yes! I didn't say No too, i left my options open..

While at the plain, they served us some cup like food, it was so small that my palm alone could wrap all the food at once. I sha, made do with it and took wine and juice to step down.... Istanbul to Warsaw was about 3 hours, and we landed safely..

I have to say Poland International Airport in Warsaw wasn't as beautiful as Istanbul but it was also a beauty to behold... we hurriedly rushed down, the lady asked if i kew my way to the control border checked and worked me there, she spoke polish to some border patrol officer and they had to direct my friend and those girls together. I reacged to hug her, sadly she didn't let out her number and i maybe understand. some people can just be nice to you, show you care and still not let out their number. When a white person help you, they do it whole heartedly without any restrain in their heart... They still may not even date you. So i was on a long cue with other people, some from pakistan nationality, some from turkey, zimbabwe, we had different nationality there... But it was always easy to recongnise your own naija person, i could hear and see someone from far speaking yoruba at his loudest voice with another guy- they were about three in numbers. My Benin Guy was like "All these once most show theirself where-ever they enter' I Just laughed and didn't bother to reach out. We queued until it was my turn... They checked my visa page and stamped me in, it was a very quick one, my friend was also stamped in.... The other girls were stamped in and then we parted from there, the girls had some people who came welcoming them and picked them from the Airport. For we, i had to call my guys and they showed up in matter of 30 minutes, we rushed to pick up our luggage and have it all ready removing the seals it was wrapped on.

"Omo Richard, we need change money oo" My friend said, i told him not yet cos i was told, Airports rate are higher, but we can change it outside the Airport at a cheaper rate... I sha changed 50 dollars to their local curriency which was in zlotty... i had about 150 dollars left... At least, i said, that money changed will enable get my sim card and train ticket before i change the remaing one....

Omo at that time i started panicking. My money go soon finsih oo.. I thought, hpw i wan take survive if this money finish quick like this... Before thinking too long, my friends called and asked us to come out of the Airport, they hugges us and took us to a cab... I was really thirsty and needed to drink water but my friend paid for me... I thanked him and asked him how much it was, i wanted to know the price so i can know the cost of things there.. Omo water wasn't cheap there... I weak! So we boarded a taxi and sat across facing each other. It was a luxurious taxi, where you all sit and face each other, we were heading straight to the train station that nigh to book a train against tomorow... While we were at the train station, my friend asked me to come with him and bring my passport, and that was how i got my first sim card lycamobile.... He paid again for me. He was really nice and he also paid for the Taxi.... He insisted i spend the night with him, but i never wanted to, because i felt i have inconvenienced him alot... I just wanted to arrive at my school and get to stay at the accomodation my school already reserved for me, i told him i was going to leave that night.. we all parted ways, also with my nigerian Benin friend, he was going to a different city from me.... I booked my train and i was shown my my friend there my sit number.... We parted...

Story continues

You're a good story teller. Is very interesting to read, by God's grace I will experience all this soon OCTOBER

I will be needing little of your assistance. My appointment is scheduled to be 13th September.

I need help on some right documents to arrange.
I sent you a mail, please kindly reply me

And also HOW MANY MONTHS TRAVEL INSURANCE CAN I BUY? My program is a 3 years course

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Fidelismaria: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ayohbk:

As much as I commend your effort in creating this thread and furnishing it with information but I'm sad, angry and disturbed with you following the trend of demonizing your fellow countrymen.

Let me start with the first point of not relating to black guys because they are jealous or blahblah. I will reply to this from my own POV

When I came to Germany 3 years ago, there was a large group of Nigerians who joined the Uni that same time. There was limited knowledge on how to navigate studies and get good jobs. I can remember my second week in Germany, about 5 of us ran into a Ghanaian guy who was in the uni earlier than us and he gave us orientation on how things goes. He was like forget hustle jobs, try to focus on studies squarely and get a proper office job. Then we met a Nigerian who told us to find a hustle Job asap and ride along with studies. We met another person who told us that it's really difficult to find a job, and study is hard here blah blah. Everyone speaks from their experience and their scope of knowledge then it is left to you to know which one works best for you and you can use. Out of the 3 scenarios advised above, none of them really worked for me but I picked something from all the 3 people and many other people and I can say I am in a better place than I can imagine. Personally, I do not believe anyone is jealous or doesn't want you to progress, some might just be frustrated and they project their failures on you unknowingly. It's up to you to process the kind of information you receive. Never dismiss anyone or their experience because they are black or whatever. Believe me I had a 4 hr heated argument with a guy that i came to Germany with on the same plane. He argued that it's not possible for a black guy to get a proper technical job in Germany and I argued otherwise. After that heated argument we literally stopped being friends. But his points always remained at the back of my mind for over a year and it made me scared of applying for jobs so I never applied. I was only doing hustle jobs, until another Nigerian friend got a technical job and he also encouraged me to do same. With input from friends including Nigerians, I improved my skills and my CV, one month after applying I got 4 offers after 100s of rejections. 3 months while working on the part time student job, I got 3 offers for a full time job. I started my full-time job in a multinational company while still studying and also changing my visa status.Also note that till now, my german is not good but the jobs I got are in English.
Points to pick out from this story:
1. The guys that gave us orientation, never told us of the possibility of getting a full-time job while studying. Maybe if they had tild us most of us could have gotten full-time jobs without the whole school stress if anyone is not interested in studying. This is not because they are jealous of us. But they only gave orientation based on their experiences and also rules are being changed constantly.
After getting my full time job, the other Nigerian that encouraged me to apply for technical jobs also got a full time job too, he started today. This was made possible by us making further research and also information shared within ourselves.
2. The other guy I had the heated argument with, did not make his point based on jealousy or whatever, but based on experience and also the difficult situation he found himself.
3. There was also a "common belief" that you can't get a good job in Germany without knowledge of German. This is true in some cases, there are some rejections I got and I asked them why, they tell me they need someone with fluent german. if i pass this information to someone else and he takes it as a rule. Then he meets someone that got a job without German, then he will say i don't want his progress. In my situation, the first student job I got in the advert they stated they needed someone with good german. I just applied randomly expecting a rejection. I got called for interview, everything was in English and i got the job. When I was working there, they told me that they need more people but they were not getting applications. I told them it was because the advert was in German and also they stated they needed someone with good german which discourages foreigners to apply cos I also almost didn't apply. Then they told me the company only recently started adopting English as working language. They asked me to help them rewrite the advert in English and also recommend people.

I've met Germans who are surprised that I got a full-time job while studying. There was even a german who once kinda implied to my Indian friend that he shouldn't ask for a certain range if salary during interview. Guess what, my friend negotiated for over 10k higher and I also even got higher that the range he stated �. Does that mean he's jealous, No, he was only speaking based on experience.

Now, when I meet newcomers, I always tell them just keep applying and improving your skills. Send like 10 applications per day. It doesn't mean I'm a better person or whatever. I only gave that advice based on experience.

To finish my point, make friends with anyone you meet, relate with and have similar goals and drive regardless of their color. Believe me, the familiarity and brotherly joy, I get when amongst black people most especially Nigerians you can't replicate. Make friends with someone does not mean trust them completely or take their words as Bible. It's everyman for himself everywhere.
No matter how hard you try, you can never fit in completely in a Group of friends filled with white people and also you can almost never have a German best friend. Most of them already formed their cliques or best friends since their high school days. It's probably easier for a black person born here or in their teens or early 20s. If you are beyond this age group, you'll have to be your own best friend. Everywhere you go just try to be the best version of yourself, smile, relate with people regardless of their color, share and get information you need, go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat everyday.

Don't loose yourself trying to fit in a white society. Don't demonize your people.

Well said! Tiri gbosa for you sir! Gbosa! Gbosa! Gbosa!
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by ClassicECAs: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2022
Bro, nice thread. I will like to know how much was in your statement of account when you submitted your visa application?. I am applying for a PGD program in your school and its a 2 semester program. My question is, can I apply for masters before the end of my PGD so that I can extend my stay?
Thanks bro,
Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Skillful001: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2022
Kly003:
Dear Viewers and readers, Its been about 10 months since i left Naija for Poland. As a matter of fact, October should make it a year.

First, i will tell you. During the course of my lengthy experience and story. I just want to make it clear here that i am not soliciting for anyone to travel to Poland or acting as an agent. To this regards, I will not condone personal messages or questions. Questions will surely be addressed here for all to learn and benefit from here only.

Understood? I guess so!

Don't be deceived, getting into Poland right now is really not as easy as it used to be... getting appointment dates is like the eyes of a camel popping through a needle. Is there a possibility? yeah! But doesn't come easy... and please don't let those agents deceive you...

Now lets go, i will be sharing my Travel experience from Naija back then and how i arrived Polska. The much talk about Poland that seems different from what i read on nairaland.

Are you ready?

Hit the likes and share! To convince me i'm not writing to me alone.
What is the chances of getting visa approval if applicant doesn't bear the same surname with the sponsor.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by fergieboy: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2022
Phelixblaq:
Am beginning to think this yeye OP is an accompliance of Britishnaija... hmmmm
You may be right

Since they busted British naija
Op haven't been active on the thread again

Considering he has just one topic and handle was knewly created in July lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Phelixblaq(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2022
fergieboy:

You may be right

Since they busted British naija
Op haven't been active on the thread again

Considering he has just one topic and handle was knewly created in July lipsrsealed

100%

2 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Runtown07: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2022
please am interested in the work pathway, looking forward to hear from you.

Anything Student, I really do not have time for that, It's energy consuming. Easier for me to contact companies than through schooling route.

You can do the student route yourself by Checking and deciding which country and the School you like to apply with.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Runtown07: 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2022
@nobody am really interested in this can you help me out please., Have been trying myself applying online but what I get is always regret mail from Australia.

Major thing is getting a company that will employ you and processing the necessary documents on their names, sending and recommending you to the directorate of the ministry of foreign affairs of the host country which the company is, and European Affairs, Once you get this, You are 90 percernt Done. But the main issue is not to go and recommend a bad person.

Getting those documents and recommendation from company, your visa is 99 percent guaranteed.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by jesmond3945: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2022
Ayohbk:

As much as I commend your effort in creating this thread and furnishing it with information but I'm sad, angry and disturbed with you following the trend of demonizing your fellow countrymen.

Let me start with the first point of not relating to black guys because they are jealous or blahblah. I will reply to this from my own POV

When I came to Germany 3 years ago, there was a large group of Nigerians who joined the Uni that same time. There was limited knowledge on how to navigate studies and get good jobs. I can remember my second week in Germany, about 5 of us ran into a Ghanaian guy who was in the uni earlier than us and he gave us orientation on how things goes. He was like forget hustle jobs, try to focus on studies squarely and get a proper office job. Then we met a Nigerian who told us to find a hustle Job asap and ride along with studies. We met another person who told us that it's really difficult to find a job, and study is hard here blah blah. Everyone speaks from their experience and their scope of knowledge then it is left to you to know which one works best for you and you can use. Out of the 3 scenarios advised above, none of them really worked for me but I picked something from all the 3 people and many other people and I can say I am in a better place than I can imagine. Personally, I do not believe anyone is jealous or doesn't want you to progress, some might just be frustrated and they project their failures on you unknowingly. It's up to you to process the kind of information you receive. Never dismiss anyone or their experience because they are black or whatever. Believe me I had a 4 hr heated argument with a guy that i came to Germany with on the same plane. He argued that it's not possible for a black guy to get a proper technical job in Germany and I argued otherwise. After that heated argument we literally stopped being friends. But his points always remained at the back of my mind for over a year and it made me scared of applying for jobs so I never applied. I was only doing hustle jobs, until another Nigerian friend got a technical job and he also encouraged me to do same. With input from friends including Nigerians, I improved my skills and my CV, one month after applying I got 4 offers after 100s of rejections. 3 months while working on the part time student job, I got 3 offers for a full time job. I started my full-time job in a multinational company while still studying and also changing my visa status.Also note that till now, my german is not good but the jobs I got are in English.
Points to pick out from this story:
1. The guys that gave us orientation, never told us of the possibility of getting a full-time job while studying. Maybe if they had tild us most of us could have gotten full-time jobs without the whole school stress if anyone is not interested in studying. This is not because they are jealous of us. But they only gave orientation based on their experiences and also rules are being changed constantly.
After getting my full time job, the other Nigerian that encouraged me to apply for technical jobs also got a full time job too, he started today. This was made possible by us making further research and also information shared within ourselves.
2. The other guy I had the heated argument with, did not make his point based on jealousy or whatever, but based on experience and also the difficult situation he found himself.
3. There was also a "common belief" that you can't get a good job in Germany without knowledge of German. This is true in some cases, there are some rejections I got and I asked them why, they tell me they need someone with fluent german. if i pass this information to someone else and he takes it as a rule. Then he meets someone that got a job without German, then he will say i don't want his progress. In my situation, the first student job I got in the advert they stated they needed someone with good german. I just applied randomly expecting a rejection. I got called for interview, everything was in English and i got the job. When I was working there, they told me that they need more people but they were not getting applications. I told them it was because the advert was in German and also they stated they needed someone with good german which discourages foreigners to apply cos I also almost didn't apply. Then they told me the company only recently started adopting English as working language. They asked me to help them rewrite the advert in English and also recommend people.

I've met Germans who are surprised that I got a full-time job while studying. There was even a german who once kinda implied to my Indian friend that he shouldn't ask for a certain range if salary during interview. Guess what, my friend negotiated for over 10k higher and I also even got higher that the range he stated �. Does that mean he's jealous, No, he was only speaking based on experience.

Now, when I meet newcomers, I always tell them just keep applying and improving your skills. Send like 10 applications per day. It doesn't mean I'm a better person or whatever. I only gave that advice based on experience.

To finish my point, make friends with anyone you meet, relate with and have similar goals and drive regardless of their color. Believe me, the familiarity and brotherly joy, I get when amongst black people most especially Nigerians you can't replicate. Make friends with someone does not mean trust them completely or take their words as Bible. It's everyman for himself everywhere.
No matter how hard you try, you can never fit in completely in a Group of friends filled with white people and also you can almost never have a German best friend. Most of them already formed their cliques or best friends since their high school days. It's probably easier for a black person born here or in their teens or early 20s. If you are beyond this age group, you'll have to be your own best friend. Everywhere you go just try to be the best version of yourself, smile, relate with people regardless of their color, share and get information you need, go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat everyday.

Don't loose yourself trying to fit in a white society. Don't demonize your people.

brother this your message is gold. You have literally motivated thousands of people.

1 Like

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Ertugrul: 1:11am On Aug 13, 2022
All the agent of darkness wey wan derail this thread...holyghost fire ����

7 Likes

Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Ertugrul: 4:34am On Aug 17, 2022
Baba we are waiting for updates oh
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Enddy50ty(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
OP might be busy with studying, remember he's a student.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Bigsteppa12: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hi guys,

I got an admission for MSc in poland but I got my bsc certificate in Benin Republic. I was told I need to authenticate my results in Ministry of Foreign affairs in Benin Republic. Does anyone knows how long it’s going to take to authenticate my results? Cuz My visa appointment is on the 29th of Aug.
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by vheckthor1: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Bigsteppa12:
Hi guys,

I got an admission for MSc in poland but I got my bsc certificate in Benin Republic. I was told I need to authenticate my results in Ministry of Foreign affairs in Benin Republic. Does anyone knows how long it’s going to take to authenticate my results? Cuz My visa appointment is on the 29th of Aug.

When did you submit your visa application?
Re: My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) by Adesuwag(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
cheesy grin ;
Nonam:
I laugh so hard when I got to rule 4 and my phone fell from my hands. When every Nigeria men keep saying this concerning Nigeria women, then there is a deep truth behind his.

but your papa no avoid your mama na

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission / Cynthia Precious Imhansi-Jacob Certified As Pilot By US Flight Academy / Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.