Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet (16683 Views)

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview / List Of Shortlisted Candidates For NCDMB Oil And Gas Job Aptitude Test Released / 10 Popular Job Aptitude Test Formats Used By Companies In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by legionISproteus: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
symbolofhope:
Hello Nairalander, i have always failed job test most especially Dragnet test, could their be anything am missing out, how do you guys ace those PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte tests

I used to prepare with all seriousness and relevant past questions, thanks for your advice as usual

Some of us are not lucky like others. We need to make several attempts at passing tests, examinations and other assessments even though we exceed the standards required for such careers.

You have to get used to it. It does not make you any less than who you are.

One way I beat this system is to budget 2 to 5 times the monetary cost of such processes.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Samuelnze(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Then this was not a very good aptitude test. A properly designed test takes great care to avoid using questions that can be commonly found in obtainable literature. It gives unfair advantage to those lucky enough to have come across such material, and besides, the help that these lucky incidences can provide would only be of limited extent.
i guess i was lucky then to have seen similar questions of the test in books.. Aptitude test of engineering is 60% based on practical work. It can be compared to that of a wanna-be banker.. The field of career you'r going into sometimes matters a lot sha.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
Alusiizizi:

But this is an APTITUDE test. Aptitude tests measure innate(natural born) abilities and in principle your studying is only to be test-wise(i.e. how to discipline yourself, manage your time and skip/return to questions that you're stuck on) which indeed will help a bit with your score. What you definitely cannot do here is study to solve problems that are beyond your mental capacity, this is simply not possible.

Well we programmers have our own variations of aptitude tests they are based off a computer science course called data structures and algorithms and I think it's taken either in year two or year one. Your last statement is kinda right but people in our industry circumvent it by solving lots and lots and lots of questions. The lower your IQ the more hard work you need to put in to get there. You cant just give up on these tests cause you werent born smart. That's like accepting to be poor since all the best paid jobs have a rigorous entry process.

5 Likes

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by chival234(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Check the format of the questions they set. Check the source eg. GMAT etc.. then Pay more attention
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by NoToPile: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
I feel passing aptitude tests is a skill on its own. Dragnet, SHL, Gmat whatever.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by DDayve: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
1. For any question that your brain can't process immediately, guess an answer and skip it immediately. Do not waste time on it, u can come back later if there is time.
2. For the quantitative reasoning, try to understand the question before attempting.
3. For verbal reasoning that involves comprehension questions; read the question first, then search for the answer inside the comprehension. If you read the comprehension before attempting the questions, you will lose a lot of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Ikea81: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Take this advice very seriously, go study JSS 3 mathematics text book all over again.....take it seriously
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Iamstickzbaba(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
Call one of the APC bishops to help out with some prayers...
I come in peace o
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Freshman54(m): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pray to God for your destiny helper to locate you,all this aptitude test na rubbish, Nigeria na who Sabi person wey no oga on top.....if you have tried many times,it didn't work out for you, kindly go and learn a skill, because robbot is gradually taking over the world.please learn a skill

1 Like

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Nwaotu10(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Give your life to christ, pray hard, and try again. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Licht: 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
symbolofhope:
Hello Nairalander, i have always failed job test most especially Dragnet test, could their be anything am missing out, how do you guys ace those PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte tests

I used to prepare with all seriousness and relevant past questions, thanks for your advice as usual

Which segment do you find difficult: verbal or numeric?
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Chiedu4Trump: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
symbolofhope:

Get practice tests & do

Above all ask God for help, I mean God not the god of the religion of peace
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
pocohantas:
Practice more.

Focus on your strength. I have never passed an English exam, so I knew I had to focus on Mathematics in my aptitude test.

Calm down. It is either a Yes or No. Whichever it is, life must go on.

Be optimistic.

Facts! Even if u pass, it’s still either a Yes or No.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
southsouthking:
Oga go and learn a skill like I'm currently doing now, and be a boss yourself.
The dynamics of Nigeria is changing towards another direction.
Study the wing.

What skill are u learning. Mk I copy u
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Deway52(m): 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
just contact academteachinghub@gmail.com for all ur aptitude test
85% and above pass mark.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2022
Joyceogechi:
Let's talk about it on WhatsApp 07014813820

[color=#990000][/color]uote author=symbolofhope post=115008145]Hello Nairalander, i have always failed job test most especially Dragnet test, could their be anything am missing out, how do you guys ace those PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte tests

Can I also DM
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:23am On Jul 24, 2022
Deway52:
just contact academteachinghub@gmail.com for all ur aptitude test
85% and above pass mark.

Is it free..?
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by 18wheeler: 1:14am On Jul 24, 2022
Time management. Very key in such tests. You read a question once and have no idea of the answer instantly, move to the next one. You’d be surprised there are easier ones down there that you get the answers the moment you read the question. Such questions save you time you can use to revisit the ones you left earlier. And they carry equal marks. This technique has helped me in all the tests I have written especially SHL.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by 18wheeler: 1:16am On Jul 24, 2022
DDayve:
1. For any question that your brain can't process immediately, guess an answer and skip it immediately. Do not waste time on it, u can come back later if there is time.
2. For the quantitative reasoning, try to understand the question before attempting.
3. For verbal reasoning that involves comprehension questions; read the question first, then search for the answer inside the comprehension. If you read the comprehension before attempting the questions, you will lose a lot of time.
You are 100% right. Couldn’t put it as clearly as this in my response to @op
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Peterpan007(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Well we programmers have our own variations of aptitude tests they are based off a computer science course called data structures and algorithms and I think it's taken either in year two or year one. Your last statement is kinda right but people in our industry circumvent it by solving lots and lots and lots of questions. The lower your IQ the more hard work you need to put in to get
there. You cant just give up on these tests cause you werent born smart. That's like accepting to be poor since all the best paid jobs have a rigorous entry process.

Bro please can I send you a pm
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Hotguy27: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2022
You will pass the next one. Just be calm when you want to start. I believe it is computer base test.

Don't waste time on any question you don't understand or know the answer at a glance. Move to the next until you get to the last question. Thereafter, you can go back to attempt those questions that you couldn't answer.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by dmaze: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2022
Try to practice with New General Mathematics from JSS1- SS3. Also look out for English language secondary school textbooks that can help.

For PWC- You need to understand Assessment Day style of questions. Google this.

For Deloitte, you have to go a step further, understand current affairs, understand further Mathematics, and be able to write a comprehension well etc.

For KPMG, you need to understand GMAT/ Assessment Day Questions and how to write a comprehension well.

Try all this and be dedicated to it, you would be surprised at the outcome.

symbolofhope:

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by oscarlamba: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Offpoint1:
I have no clue, I'm not not experience with interviews talk more of test.

Anxiety is the reason you failed
This is me cry
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Alusiizizi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Well we programmers have our own variations of aptitude tests they are based off a computer science course called data structures and algorithms and I think it's taken either in year two or year one. Your last statement is kinda right but people in our industry circumvent it by solving lots and lots and lots of questions. The lower your IQ the more hard work you need to put in to get there. You cant just give up on these tests cause you werent born smart. That's like accepting to be poor since all the best paid jobs have a rigorous entry process.

True, you can defeat the purpose of these tests by solving lots of problems, but at the same time the nature of the test questions(which by the way will be measuring exactly the same aptitude) can vary so easily in which case we have a case of diminishing returns: Is one to invest an entire career learning how to pass these tests?

My point here is that even if you were able to defeat an aptitude test it would end up being an exercise of self deceit because the job will end up defeating you. As a programmer you of all people should be intimately familiar with this fact. If you were not cut out to be a developer the job will expose you in a flood-light.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

True, you can defeat the purpose of these tests by solving lots of problems, but at the same time the nature of the test questions(which by the way will be measuring exactly the same aptitude) can vary so easily in which case we have a case of diminishing returns: Is one to invest an entire career learning how to pass these tests?

My point here is that even if you were able to defeat an aptitude test it would end up being an exercise of self deceit because the job will end up defeating you. As a programmer you of all people should be intimately familiar with this fact. If you were not cut out to be a developer the job will expose you in a flood-light.

The skills to pass programming interviews and the skills to be a good programmer are two opposite ends of the spectrum and yes investing studying and getting good at passing these tests especially at the beginning of your career is the only way to increase your salary. You can relax on them when you become a senior or an architect as that level knowledge of systems design is much more weighted than algo tests.

1 Like

Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Alusiizizi(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Samuelnze:
i guess i was lucky then to have seen similar questions of the test in books.. Aptitude test of engineering is 60% based on practical work. It can be compared to that of a wanna-be banker.. The field of career you'r going into sometimes matters a lot sha.

Perhaps so. although I think that an engineering aptitude test comprised of 60% practical work sounds a lot more like an aptitude test for technicians rather than for engineers.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Alusiizizi(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The skills to pass programming interviews and the skills to be a good programmer are two opposite ends of the spectrum and yes investing studying and getting good at passing these tests especially at the beginning of your career is the only way to increase your salary. You can relax on them when you become a senior or an architect as that level knowledge of systems design is much more weighted than algo tests.

The trouble though is that unless your father is the CEO of the company or some such you must prove your worth as a developer before becoming a senior anything in the company, and this is where quacks and pretenders will definitely get exposed.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

The trouble though is that unless your father is the CEO of the company or some such you must prove your worth as a developer before becoming a senior anything in the company, and this is where quacks and pretenders will definitely get exposed.

Lol maybe, maybe not.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Alusiizizi(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol maybe, maybe not.

A programming job is not like any other job. In most jobs you can simply be carried along by your peers, but as a programmer you are expected to develop solutions, fix/debug systems, code, think out of the box. If your code always comes along with bugs, that's time and money wasted for the company, which most managers will tolerate very little of.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

A programming job is not like any other job. In most jobs you can simply be carried along by your peers, but as a programmer you are expected to develop solutions, fix/debug systems, code, think out of the box. If your code always comes along with bugs, that's time and money wasted for the company, which most managers will tolerate very little of.

Yeah definitely but the skills to develop solutions, fix systems, and code aren't actually tested in programming interviews. Passing programming interviews is a completely different skillset than being a good programmer on its own.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Alusiizizi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah definitely but the skills to develop solutions, fix systems, and code aren't actually tested in programming interviews. Passing programming interviews is a completely different skillset than being a good programmer on its own.

Correct. They are not tested in the interviews but in the aptitude tests. The interviews are used to screen out lunatics/psychopaths and such.
Re: Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet by Samuelnze(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Perhaps so. although I think that an engineering aptitude test comprised of 60% practical work sounds a lot more like an aptitude test for technicians rather than for engineers.
That was how they made it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Firstbank Graduate Trainee / Nigerian Breweries Plc Is Recruiting! / Aptitude Test Invite For Eunisell 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.