Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) (3924 Views)

Finally! Got My First Freelance Work / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / How I Became A Software Developer And Got My First Job Within A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hello nairalanders, I've been looking to join the tech sector and haven't been able to fully join due to bad laptop, I currently made my first 100k at 17yrs and purchased a MacBook air 2014 256ssd, 8gb Ram
Intel core i7.
I'm very happy, please any advice as a Mac user cause the OS is new and I'm not getting a hang of it despite using it for 2 days.
I also need recommendations for a field in tech because the web development field is a bit crowded, if anyone would like to teach and mentor me, please reach me on nzubechi2005@gmail.com or drop email let's learn together.

12 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by iampeterben(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wow! Cool gadgets congratulations boy.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Adeling(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
I don't know if you're trying to mock those who don't have a laptop or trying to look big. What do you mean by at 17yrs with my money?

Anyways tech isn't something you jump into if you don't have the passion for it especially programming cause you'll eventually get frustrated. Just pick a field you love and stick with it. If you want to learn programming start with C++ or java or better JavaScript (I really don't buy the idea of starting with python)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Stallionhorse: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Go and learn yahoo.. Or you will end up selling your laptop to eat one day.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Adeling:
I don't know if you're trying to mock those who don't have a laptop or trying to look big. What do you mean by at 17yrs with my money?

Anyways tech isn't something you jump into if you don't have the passion for it especially programming cause you'll eventually get frustrated. Just pick a field you love and stick with it. If you want to learn programming start with C++ or java or better JavaScript (I really don't buy the idea of starting with python)
I have always have passion for anything tech, I even went to a computer institute in my js3, that was where my zeal came from and I'm currently going to study computer science to know more about it.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ulunne777(f): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Your suicide story made me laugh.

BTW,where did you buy your laptop?Is it brand new and how's the battery life?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Adeling:

You want him to start with Java? grin
He will just quit
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ulunne777:
Your suicide story made me laugh.

BTW,where did you buy your laptop?Is it brand new and how's the battery life?
used with 150 cycles
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

He will just quit
suggest for me
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Zubby2005:
suggest for me
C++ or Python
If you start with Python (one of the simplest), just know that other languages may be harder due to their syntax or readability is not really 'human'.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by airsaylongcome: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

C++ or Python
If you start with Python (one of the simplest), just know that other languages may be harder due to their syntax or readability is not really 'human'.

What’s the difference between C++ and Java? Related as far as I care. If you studied CS in a university abroad say 10 years ago, your first language would have been Java. So yes, Java can be a starting language
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by TastyFriedPussy: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

C++ or Python
abeg, between the Java and the c++ that you suggested, which one hard pass abi are you lost or confused? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by TastyFriedPussy: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
OP abeg, start with malbolge

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
abeg, between the Java and the c++ that you suggested, which one hard pass abi are you lost or confused? undecided
I didn't suggest Java for the beginner (check what I wrote properly).

The degree to difficulty from hardest to simplest:
Java> C++ > Python
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by TastyFriedPussy: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

I didn't suggest Java for the beginner (check what I wrote properly).

The degree to difficulty from hardest to simplest:
Java> C++ > Python
abeg, how Java take hard pass C++? You know wetin you dey talk so?

6 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What’s the difference between C++ and Java? Related as far as I care. If you studied CS in a university abroad say 10 years ago, your first language would have been Java. So yes, Java can be a starting language
Years before now, FORTRAN used to be one of the beginner's programming languages but it is a difficult language. It is still taught as part of undergraduate course in computer science in some universities but that doesn't mean that it's the best approach to learning programming. Some other universities teach BASIC, Visual BASIC or QBASIC as their beginner-courses in their curricula.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
abeg, how Java take hard pass C++? You know wetin you dey talk so?
That's one website telling you... Have you had real experience in both languages? undecided

Ask someone with experience in both Java and C++ programming which of the two is easier.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

That's one website telling you... Have you had real experience in both languages? undecided

Ask someone with experience in both Java and C++ programming which of the two is easier.

Tell me which is easier to remember its syntax:

JAVA:

class HelloWorld {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, World!" );
}
}

C++:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){

cout<<"Hello World!";
}
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by airsaylongcome: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Years before now, FORTRAN used to be one of the beginner's programming languages but it is a difficult language. It is still taught as part of undergraduate course in computer science in some universities but that doesn't mean that it's the best approach to learning programming. Some other universities teach BASIC, Visual BASIC or QBASIC as their beginner-courses in their curricula.

I learned with Qbasic then Pascal then C++ and Java before going back to FORTRAN. So no, those languages aren’t hard. Learning in Qbasic as a JS2 student made transitioning easier. I get your point about things being easier now. But those older languages aren’t necessarily harder
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by airsaylongcome: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

JAVA:

C++:

Which is harder?

Come here or
Ela edw (Greek) or
Vien Ici
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Which is harder?

Come here or
Ela edw (Greek) or
Vien Ici
most universities start with java , so I'd say it might be the easiest.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by peterincredible: 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
I learnt and use c++ since 2014 I stopped programming in it late 2016 I can tell u c++ be no be play play language ooo you will learn alot of things that is made easy in other language u will learn how to do it manually eg (dynamic array using pointers, operator overloading, vectors, template classes Bros I no won talk just forget c++ ) I moved to JavaScript 2017 and php 2021 I can tell you they learning process was breeze

5 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

He will just quit
Java isn’t a bad language for a beginner.
It was the first language I was taught in Uni even though I didn’t understand it then.
Once you understand the syntax, you’ll love it + it gives you a strong OOP background.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Deicide: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

It's almost the same, though java is more verbose but I'll put java first before c++ in terms of the one which would be easier to learn;
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by niel63(m): 12:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Started with BASIC, QBASIC.
The only thing I remember is just the names I wrote up there. And pseudocode grin grin

Na there i first know wetin be pseudocode.

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Sheriman(m): 3:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Na NIGERIA poor light to write codes, money for data, feeding and people mentality towards programmers go frustrates this young guy to run away from programming

6 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Emmyxclusive: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2022
Go with python, that's what most experienced programmers do suggest for newbies. Even Zuckerberg suggestesd python as beginners language for young people. When u are done learning the basics, pick an area that interests you e.g data science, automation, web etc then focus on the library that's specific to that area. Congrats on ur MacBook

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by LikeAking: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2022
Op wia did u buy did lapi?

My small advice, just learn how to code with any lang. Nothing easy.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by bet9ja(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

JAVA:

C++:

You cannot justify the complexity of Java and C++ with your hello world program. I use C++ and Java and i can confirm with you that C++ is more challenging. Do you know that Java was inspired by C and C++, C++ can be compare to a sword with 2 sharp edge while Java is just a Knife with one sharp edge.... C++ is both procedural and object oriented programming language while Java is just an Object Oriented Programming Language. Another thing is that you do not worry about garbage collection in Java because it handles that for you. You may call this an improvement over C++, On the other hand, with Pointer in C++, you can manage your memory yourself.

I hope from my little elucidation, you may draw your conclusion.

Back to the purpose of this post. Congratulations to you young man. I understand the joy of buying stuff with your money and i will encourage you to focus on Java, but make sure you learn towards Spring Framework / Springboot ... That way, you can be assured of a better future.

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by vinceyinnovation: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Learn how to play computer card solitaire with it

Many people are making mad money from it.

Believe it because it may work for you. It worked for somebody I did not know.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Playermayweda(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bro if you need money asap it's web dev bro or Blockchain. If you're willing to wait a few years to make it big you can try game dev (c++, java, kotlin). But I recommend html css and JS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Learn Javascript In One Month / . / User Interface Design For The Beginning Web Programmmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.