Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) (3930 Views)

Finally! Got My First Freelance Work / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / How I Became A Software Developer And Got My First Job Within A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Playermayweda:
Bro if you need money asap it's web dev bro or Blockchain. If you're willing to wait a few years to make it big you can try game dev (c++, java, kotlin). But I recommend html css and JS.
How is web dev or even Blockchain dev fast money ? and why will you also encourage him to learn game dev with his old MacBook ?
Stop giving advice when you don’t understand what you’re saying.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Davidhero(m): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Uhh, everyone's opinion varies based on his/her experience.

In my case, if you need the money quickly enough. Doing frontend is your go-to. That's like probably going to take you 4 - 6 months to get upskilled for an entry level position or intern.

If you don't care about the money for start, then learn java, go or c++(python too maybe)

Those languages will really build your knowledge about programming, architecture, and you can basically pick up whatever language from there.

But remember, try to get the basics with html/css and js.
It will be very useful for you. You really don't need to master it.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Sheriman(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
How is web dev or even Blockchain dev fast money ? and why will you also encourage him to learn game dev with his old MacBook ?
The guy is really saying absolute nonsense
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sheriman:

The guy is really saying absolute nonsense
with full confidence cheesy
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Playermayweda(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kvngfrosh:

Do you have something better to say then?
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Playermayweda:

Do you have something better to say then?
I gave my advice already.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by GoodBoyBadVibes(f): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

I didn't suggest Java for the beginner (check what I wrote properly).

The degree to difficulty from hardest to simplest:
Java> C++ > Python

Bro, no talk this thing outside ooo
Java is easier than c++
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by JIBO4REAL(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2022
I will suggest you to start with HTML …CSS…JavaScript…python….when you get here you will know your way
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ikechukwu183: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2022
GoodBoyBadVibes:

Bro, no talk this thing outside ooo
Java is easier than css
Who is talking of CSS?

Please read properly.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by GoodBoyBadVibes(f): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Who is talking of CSS?

Please read properly.

Modified...
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Springboot: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
bet9ja:

You cannot justify the complexity of Java and C++ with your hello world program. I use C++ and Java and i can confirm with you that C++ is more challenging. Do you know that Java was inspired by C and C++, C++ can be compare to a sword with 2 sharp edge while Java is just a Knife with one sharp edge.... C++ is both procedural and object oriented programming language while Java is just an Object Oriented Programming Language. Another thing is that you do not worry about garbage collection in Java because it handles that for you. You may call this an improvement over C++, On the other hand, with Pointer in C++, you can manage your memory yourself.

I hope from my little elucidation, you may draw your conclusion.

Back to the purpose of this post. Congratulations to you young man. I understand the joy of buying stuff with your money and i will encourage you to focus on Java, but make sure you learn towards Spring Framework / Springboot ... That way, you can be assured of a better future.

Your answer would have been sufficient 5yrs ago but now you can completely write Java as "procedural"
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:13am On Jul 31, 2022
Springboot:

Your answer would have been sufficient 5yrs ago but now you can completely write Java as "procedural"
cheesy
Java/Spring boot master don come.
What materials did you use to learn spring boot, I’m currently learning Java
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by motionarena: 6:03am On Jul 31, 2022
Zubby2005:
Hello nairalanders, I've been looking to join the tech sector and haven't been able to fully join due to bad laptop, I currently made my first 100k at 17yrs and purchased a MacBook air 2014 256ssd, 8gb Ram
Intel core i7.
I'm very happy, please any advice as a Mac user cause the OS is new and I'm not getting a hang of it despite using it for 2 days.
I also need recommendations for a field in tech because the web development field is a bit crowded, if anyone would like to teach and mentor me, please reach me on nzubechi2005@gmail.com or drop email let's learn together.
wow this specs just for 100k, its really cheap.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Springboot: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2022
[quote author=Kvngfrosh post=115236144] cheesy
Java/Spring boot master don come.
What materials did you use to learn spring boot, I’m currently learning Java[/quote

Back then I started out with Java black book owned by a neighbor of mine then I bought bruce eckel "thinking in java". it's available for free on the internet now but I wouldn't advice it because Java has changed, use the official Java tutorial on oracle's website, it's a great learning resource and would give you the needed foundation, don't waste time like we did back then, if there's a particular concept you're finding difficult to understand, just ask and I'll be willing to help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
[quote author=Springboot post=115243566][/quote] Alryt thanks.
I’ll give you a mention whenever I encounter a serious problem.

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by clintwine(m): 2:25am On Aug 01, 2022
The kind of advice people give out here is ridiculous.

@OP, go with learning Python.
Then you can work your way to Javascript.

Programming languages are just tools to achieve what you want.

To get a good grasp, walk through the CS50 harvard class, it's the basics and it will serve as a good foundation for you.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQjrBD2T383f9scHRNYJkior2VvYjpSL

Once you are done with that, head over to freecodecamp.org

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Enemetronics(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
Wow you seem great with your new laptop and getting into tech
And it seems your are getting some troubles with JavaScript. Well no worries, JavaScript is an easy programming language that actually took me a month to master online on w3schools.com. Now I can just pick up any system or phone and start typing JS on it. It's no big deal it just takes time, first finish your education then u have time for tech. If you see me now, i'm into web designing, robotics, Arduino, application development and lots more even at my age (15 yrs) and a faulty PC I still learnt this. You can go to https://code.dcoder.tech to meet some programmers
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by VictorBennie(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
Springboot:

Hii pls any one using a gt bank current account and is willing to reference me for a reward.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
Playermayweda:
Bro if you need money asap it's web dev bro or Blockchain. If you're willing to wait a few years to make it big you can try game dev (c++, java, kotlin). But I recommend html css and JS.

Web development is about to be saturated
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Tobedated(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
Zubby2005:
suggest for me

Guy I'll be honest with you.

Start with html
Use freecodecamp to start once you're ready to move on let me know
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Go into iOS or android dev if you don't want web dev.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2023
Playermayweda:

does money come in web development asap?
I don't think so because after learning the core languages you must learn frameworks.
but can you share us your web development journey
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2023
okpaire2005:

don't say about to I has been saturated already.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by DriggityDre: 4:37am On Jan 18, 2023
Zubby2005:
suggest for me
Don't learn every language thrown at you and master none. You have to pick a field first. Then build a roadmap from there.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
DriggityDre:

Don't learn every language thrown at you and master none. You have to pick a field first. Then build a roadmap from there.
It's been some months and I have nothing to show off
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Playermayweda(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
okpaire2005:

At a intermediate or senior level it's not.

At a junior level it is.
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by DriggityDre: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Zubby2005:

It's been some months and I have nothing to show off
Try attaining other skills for now, but this path requires dedication. It's up to you. Good luck

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by silento(m): 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
When u posted MacBook I know will seriously have a hard time picking up with any language

Obviously na yahoo boys motivates you to start programming

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
silento:
When u posted MacBook I know will seriously have a hard time picking up with any language

Obviously na yahoo boys motivates you to start programming
I guess you're right, I was carried away but trust me, one day, I'll be great
Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Ishilove: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2023
Stallionhorse:
Go and learn yahoo.. Or you will end up selling your laptop to eat one day.
See rubbish talk.

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Bloomsbury(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2023
Zubby2005:
Hello nairalanders, I've been looking to join the tech sector and haven't been able to fully join due to bad laptop, I currently made my first 100k at 17yrs and purchased a MacBook air 2014 256ssd, 8gb Ram
Intel core i7.
I'm very happy, please any advice as a Mac user cause the OS is new and I'm not getting a hang of it despite using it for 2 days.
I also need recommendations for a field in tech because the web development field is a bit crowded, if anyone would like to teach and mentor me, please reach me on nzubechi2005@gmail.com or drop email let's learn together.

How did you get a MacBook for 100K?

Am still trying to wrap my hand around this 🤔
You can't even see for even 200K on Jiji

1 Like

Re: I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) by Zubby2005(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bloomsbury:

How did you get a MacBook for 100K?

Am still trying to wrap my hand around this 🤔
You can't even see for even 200K on Jiji
Exchange rate now isn't smiling again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Can I Learn Javascript In One Month / Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.