Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? (13452 Views)

Should Restitution Be Preached? / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / If You Have Any Question Concerning Christian Faith, Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by EfisioBoni(m): 1:52am On Jul 25, 2022
God1000:
Keeping your virginity is very important, you will have eternal respect of your partner.

Christians should desist from sexual immorality.

A true believer in Christ will follow God's commandments

Don't let any wayward person mislead you, respect your body and keep it for your future bedfellow.

Fantastic! I like your reply. Everyone should practice it. Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Jul 25, 2022
God1000:
Keeping your virginity is very important, you will have eternal respect of your partner.

Christians should desist from sexual immorality. A true believer in Christ will follow God's commandments Don't let any wayward person mislead you, respect your body and keep it for your future bedfellow.
But God never asked anyone of you to keep your virginities for His sake so why do you drag His name into that which is not commanded by Him and is hence not of Him? undecided

And instead, as He explained even via parable, there will be virgins in hell so of what real value is your virginity to God - Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 ? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Tundex911: 5:45am On Jul 25, 2022
I know few calling themselves virgin and dem don masturbate the fuvk out of their life...

Yeye yeye people
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by TenQ: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2022
cutecommend:
We have many Christian sisters and Christian brothers who are not virgins, some are awesome people. You might even see a decent-looking and committed Christian sister, and when you confirm, she is not a virgin. Should virginity still be preached or should we just go by love and move on?

Again, does not being a virgin have side effect in marriage?

Just ask yourself this question:
Should the opposite be preached in churches?

In my church (I don't know of others, statistics show that about 66% have one member a virgin at marriage and about 57% with both as virgins at marriage)
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Storyoflove: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2022
PREACH THE WORD OF GOD, LET MEN HAVE ENCOUNTER WITH CHRIST AND NOT JUST RELIGION OR CHURCH AND SEE IF THE ISSUE AND ANY OTHER ISSUE WILL NOT BE PROPERLY HANDLED
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutecommend:
Keep your virginity. Virgins are special people. You marry ad a virgin, it is better than marrying as non-virgin

I am blessed.

You too are supposed to be a virgin too for God to come, else, E NO GO WORK!
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Karlifate: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
jmoore:

To mock virgins, you would hear statements like this "Who Virginity Epp?"

Virginity is beneficial to oneself and the society at large.

1: Messiah: Jesus Christ came into the world through a virgin. Virginity was part of the criteria for a 'vessel' that would bring Jesus into this world. You don't expect God to come through a body that has fornicated with 1,000 people, aborted battalions etc.

2: No STDs:Who are those transmitting STDs with reckless abandon? Your guess is as good as mine. If you abstain, you have no business with STDs.

3: Unwanted pregnancy: If you had abstained, you won't have been pregnant. You are pregnant, you called your boyfriend to inform him, he flees. You are on your own. Carry your headache alone.

4: Abortion: Sex results to pregnancy, and when the pregnancy is not needed, they kill the baby in the womb. Some people that abort when single, may even abort when married. The habit of abortion can continue in marriage.

5: No heartbreaks: Sex bonds, whether you do it with a prostitute or with your legally married partner. That's one of the reasons sex is for married people. If you are dating and there is sex involved, you would likely feel heartbroken when the relationship gets broken. Virgins don't feel heartbroken because they are not yoked to anyone.

6: Self-control: If you succeed to remain a virgin till marriage, it means you have mastered self-control. Those who have mastered self-control can hardly cheat at all when married.

7: Comparison: If you get married as a virgin, you won't compare anyone sexually to your spouse. You are content with any performance you see. Others would have to compare with more than 100 people they have slept with.

Everyone male or female should try to be a virgin till marriage.
If you disagree with my post, boldly tell your kids to choose promiscuity and let's see the outcome.
As for me and my household, we have chosen chastity. And chastity starts from virginity.
Have a lovely day.

Signed:
Chairman
Virgin Association of Nigeria

cheesy

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by God1000(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But God never asked anyone of you to keep your virginities for His sake so why do you drag His name into that which is not commanded by Him and is hence not of Him? undecided

And instead, as He explained even via parable, there will be virgins in hell so of what real value is your virginity to God - Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 ? undecided
lol, you are misquoting Bible
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by chubbyswit(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I have to be a gal because only a girl speaks God's Truth in even these things, abi? undecided
it's even worse if you are a male and spitting all this nonsense.
And btw, its your own warped opinions, don't involve God in your folly.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
God1000:
lol, you are misquoting Bible
Show me exactly what aspect of scripture I misquoted. undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
chubbyswit:
it's even worse if you are a male and spitting all this nonsense.
And btw, its your own warped opinions, don't involve God in your folly.
Stop deceiving yourself thinking you deceive me in your foolishness! undecided

God never called anyone to live as virgins for Him especially since Jesus Christ. He never asked that those who are not virgins be shamed in His name. All you lot practice is religion according to your Libido and flesh using God's name to glorify it and nothing more. undecided

Over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ informed you that there will be virgins in Hell. That ought to trigger your mental into realizing how meaningless the concept is to God if He would be willing to throw even those whoare virgins into Hell - Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by God1000(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Show me exactly what aspect of scripture I misquoted. undecided
What does the Bible say about sexual immorality?

Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by DavidHarry(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
VenumX:

You know that's not true.

How now?
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
God1000:

What does the Bible say about sexual immorality?

Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 that instead of what you lot refer to as sexual immorality, what is sin is the lust you intend in your heart. So, why do you reject Him all so you can cling instead to that which is not His Gospel? undecided

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of the wickedness of the people. Open your eyes to read exactly what God said about why He destroyed the place instead of peddling the lies fed you by your pastors and mogs in its place. undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by God1000(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 that instead of what you lot refer to as sexual immorality, what is sin is the lust you intend in your heart. So, why do you reject Him all so you can cling instead to that which is not His Gospel? undecided

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of the wickedness of the people. Open your eyes to read exactly what God said about why He destroyed the place instead of peddling the lies fed you by your pastors and mogs in its place. undecided
lol, cheesy this is complete distortion of what God says

Stop gaslighting ma'am, you are trying so hard to justify and rationalize immorality by giving it different meaning and definition.

Reah this

Corinthians 7:1-2 says, “Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman. But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.”
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
God1000:
1. lol, cheesy this is complete distortion of what God says

2. Stop gaslighting ma'am, you are trying so hard to justify and rationalize immorality by giving it different meaning and definition.

3. Reah this Corinthians 7:1-2 says, “Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman. But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.”
1. Again, prove the claim of distortion. undecided

2. Do you realize the meaning and context in which the term "gas lighting" can and cannot be used for Pete's sake? undecided

Again, Jesus Christ did not teach you that what you call sexual immorality is in. Instead He made clear that it is the Lust in your hearts that is sin against God - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. The one who gave you this different meaning is Jesus Christ, the one you claim to have vowed your soul to, so why do you conveniently reject His teachings so you can instead hold on to the doctrines and traditions of men which He vehemently wanted were nothing to lies peddled in His name - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

3. Are you somehow insinuating here that the ideas of Paul overule Jesus Christ's own decree as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Mylove2nite(f): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Hmmmmm. I patiently went through this topic diligently till the end and I realized something. What I realized was that women are always going to subjugated.

When we talk about virginity, I believe that it should be for both sides. How can a man who goes around having sex and disvirgining women, at the end of the day want to marry a virgin?? Isn't that hypocrisy??

How can you disvirgin other women and expect your future wife to be a virgin? I believe however that when the Bible made mention of virginity, it was intended for both genders.

So in summary for the male gender most especially, if you want to marry a virgin, be a virgin. Because you can not disvirgin other men’s wives and except yours to be a virgin.

I read the comment of a guy saying that if a lady is not a virgin, her bride price should be reduced and I laughed. You don't want a woman that has a high body count or even a body count but you go around sleeping with everything in skirt. To get women to sleep with you, sometimes you even promise them marriage. And at the end of the day, you want to marry a virgin, LOL. What happens to those you disvirgined?? Don't be a hypocrite dear young man. If you have disvirgined any lady or you are not a virgin anymore as a man, you don't deserve to marry a virgin. So no dey talk as if it's your right. Men in the Bible were virgins before marriage. So if you want to use the Bible as a standard which it should be, follow it to the end and don't select parts that will favour you.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by chubbyswit(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop deceiving yourself thinking you deceive me in your foolishness! undecided

God never called anyone to live as virgins for Him especially since Jesus Christ. He never asked that those who are not virgins be shamed in His name. All you lot practice is religion according to your Libido and flesh using God's name to glorify it and nothing more. undecided

Over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ informed you that there will be virgins in Hell. That ought to trigger your mental into realizing how meaningless the concept is to God if He would be willing to throw even those whoare virgins into Hell - Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 undecided
long jargons as usual. Very typical.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
chubbyswit:
long jargons as usual. Very typical.
On the contrary! You realize you cannot logically refute any of what is stated is why you resorted instead to denigrating it all instead. undecided

Your kind na im full nairaland on a regular basis. undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by kimco(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Yes now, for both genders, remember the Bible says, " the bed should be undefiled before marriage" meaning man and woman shouldn't taste sex before getting married.

No. It means WOMEN should not taste sex before marriage. The man is free to enjoy as much. I mean,a man can marry so many wives but a woman is stuck to one man for life....according to the bible.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
kimco:
No. It means WOMEN should not taste sex before marriage. The man is free to enjoy as much. I mean,a man can marry so many wives but a woman is stuck to one man for life....according to the bible.
Where in scripture is this written? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by kimco(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where in scripture is this written? undecided

Where is what written? This is just silly. A man is allowed to marry multiple women but a woman is allowed only one man. Even a divorcee lady is not allowed to find another man, lest she commits "fornication" (adultery is a made up word)...even if her husband was the one that divorced her. She belongs to him and only him. Aside from family (incest) the only sexual immorality is when a man goes after a married woman, because that is another man's property. But if a man "defiles" aka sleeps with a woman who isnt taken (married) den he has to marry her. He is atleast given that option. Is that not defilement of the bed? Yet it is allowed. I dnt have time to send quotations. I know you know. But just in case you want to pretend, i will send the quotes....
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
kimco:
Where is what written? This is just silly. A man is allowed to marry multiple women but a woman is allowed only one man. Even a divorcee lady is not allowed to find another man, lest she commits "fornication" (adultery is a made up word)...even if her husband was the one that divorced her. She belongs to him and only him. Aside from family (incest) the only sexual immorality is when a man goes after a married woman, because that is another man's property. But if a man "defiles" aka sleeps with a woman who isnt taken (married) den he has to marry her. He is atleast given that option. Is that not defilement of the bed? Yet it is allowed. I dnt have time to send quotations. I know you know. But just in case you want to pretend, i will send the quotes....
Where in scripture is this written though? Let's start with that so we establish a scriptural context for this here conversation. undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by kimco(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where in scripture is this written though? Let's start with that so we establish a scriptural context for this here conversation. undecided
Well. Solomon, david, abraham, Isaac to name a few all blessed by Yahweh had multiple wives. If you can give me a quote that says polygamy is sinful and against the law I will wait. Also do you know 1 woman who was permitted to marry more than 1 husband in the bible? I will wait.

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
kimco:
1. Well. Solomon, david, abraham, Isaac to name a few all blessed by Yahweh had multiple wives.

2. If you can give me a quote that says polygamy is sinful and against the law I will wait.

3. Also do you know 1 woman who was permitted to marry more than 1 husband in the bible? I will wait.
1. So, because the men you listed were blessed with multiple wives, you chose to draw from that that a man is allowed to marry multiple wives but a woman is not allowed to have multiple husbands? undecided

2. Against what law though? Your statement in #1 above does not specify any law but instead points to examples of polygamy in scripture. undecided

3. Well, do you yourself have examples for me of women who were not allowed to have more than 1 husband by God in scripture? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
By the way @Kimco, I am not certain what you intended to prove by the reference made to God's New Covenant Law in the attached image when your examples came instead from God's Old Covenant Law of Moses - Two different Laws referenced pick one? undecided

a. God's Old Covenant Law of Moses which also happens to be a National Constitution given by God to the Nation of Israel which He constituted of the descendants of Israel, YHWH - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20

b. God's New Covenant Law, and Gospel in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Spandau: 3:24am On Aug 05, 2022
Ayiba0911:

Did the BBN mates inform you that they are representatives of Christ or a Church in that Babylon of a show? You think anyone with a foreign name apart from Arabian names are Christians?

I tell you, the guy is a compound fo.ol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Born-again Cchristain Singles Group... / Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio / Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.