Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. (2646 Views)

Today Makes 6 Years One Yahoo Boy Snatch My Girlfriend Because I No Get Car / Man Cancelled Their Wedding On Their Way To Church In Abuja / Just Stop It! 7 Awful Things We All Despise About Bad Kissing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Slydan204: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Buh do u knw hw many pple hv nt bn 2 church nd were (or not) contacted? Trust me, if say na joint 4 or 5 pple 4 don contact u if u b regular. Ur religion is in ur heart
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Slmgirldippussy: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
godofuck231:
The church and Christianity is now a business venture, your shepherd uses the ideology of belief to use uou towards the growth of his business, which is his church, not untill the fuse or power line in the church get blown out or is on fire would they remember to use the services of an power repair man , you are expendable and your absence does not stop him from moving on with his scam and brain wash , keep this in mind , the day you start making 100,000 a day from selling food and snacks close to the church thats the day the pastor will stop by to see you why you are no longer a member , it in the Bible that unless your house or you haven't settled with your home , you have no business with the church, read the book of Roman's

Where in Romans
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by placeofallure(f): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You see what I'm saying? You don't even understand what a church is. The church is the people that meet to worship God, not the building. God has no business with the building but the hearts of the people.

If your pastor has all these things to make life easy for the people that gather at the place, he should be able to take care of them. Anyone who has the means to help out can do so without being coerced or forced to do it.

The only concern of God is the people, not the church buses, or community service. Once the holy spirit takes over, everyone will see it as their duty to do these things. The pastor will call for it and everyone will turn up for it because their spirits align with it.

Nobody forces anybody to pay any dues, fees or levies in the church. It's always voluntary. Dunno where the idea of coercion comes from. That's number one.

Two, Yes, the concern of God is the people. Plus the people in the community too who might be persuaded by the community projects the church has engaged in. My church organises holiday coaching for the neighbourhood kids. I'm one of the volunteer teachers. Last summer, we had about 200 school children coming for coaching everyday, 80% of them moslems. Some of the teachers are not church members, we paid them. We also feed the children everyday plus stationeries. Volunteer people from the church contributed willingly to this course not by coercion. We do health care services periodically and people in the neighborhood are given free treatment-drugs, tests, injections etc. I know some people who are our church members today because of these projects.

Lastly, you said a church is not the building but the people. Now these people coming together to meet, where do they stand or sit to meet? On the road, in the air or on water? Answer truthfully and show me how a church is the people and not a building!
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
placeofallure:

Nobody forces anybody to pay any dues, fees or levies in the church. It's always voluntary. Dunno where the idea of coercion comes from. That's number one.

Two, Yes, the concern of God is the people. Plus the people in the community too who might be persuaded by the community projects the church has engaged in. My church organises holiday coaching for the neighbourhood kids. I'm one of the volunteer teachers. Last summer, we had about 200 school children coming for coaching everyday, 80% of them moslems. Some of the teachers are not church members, we paid them. We also feed the children everyday plus stationeries. Volunteer people from the church contributed willingly to this course not by coercion. We do health care services periodically and people in the neighborhood are given free treatment-drugs, tests, injections etc. I know some people who are our church members today because of these projects.

Lastly, you said a church is not the building but the people. Now these people coming together to meet, where do they stand or sit to meet? On the road, in the air or on water? Answer truthfully and show me how a church is the people and not a building!

Good work you're doing, God bless your heart.

The people can stay anywhere not necessarily where you call church. All I'm saying is that no one should guilttrip anyone because they're not "contributing" to the church.

Like I said before, once the holy spirit is involved everyone moves in line.
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Karleb:

Baba, working for God comes with it's own reward and one vital part of the reward is money.

It is not inappropriate or a sin to pay your workers to serve God. Some churches even give their members incentives, some go as far as providing jobs and loans to their members.

It's not a sin and God approves it.

Tithing became a thing because the Levites would go hungry and contemplate crime without it.

A number of churches recognize this, they pay their workers, especially full time, handsomely.

Maybe you can point out where God condemns paying a musician or a worker for that matter.

There's no point arguing with you, Caleb. You certainly have a wrong understanding of the scriptures. The bolded up there is laughable.
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by godofuck231: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
Slmgirldippussy:

Where in Romans
cant remember

Also read
1 Timothy 5:8 says, “But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” According to this scripture, every man must work hard so as to provide for his family.

God recognized family first before the church, the family is the first , the father who is the spiritual hea an the chief priest and next , the church, and the family comes first before the faith , if there are important issues at hand , be it within or concerning any matters unsettling brethren or family the church or faith should be suspended , no family no home , no togetherness
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Slmgirldippussy: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
godofuck231:
cant remember

Also read
1 Timothy 5:8 says, “But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” According to this scripture, every man must work hard so as to provide for his family.

God recognized family first before the church, the family is the first , the father who is the spiritual hea an the chief priest and next , the church, and the family comes first before the faith , if there are important issues at hand , be it within or concerning any matters unsettling brethren or family the church or faith should be suspended , no family no home , no togetherness

Thanks you
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by godofuck231: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Slmgirldippussy:

Thanks you
blessed one among the fruitful and faithful

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Moloso(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Es350:
Rookie numbers. Lmao. grin

I haven't being to church this year and I don't plan on going anytime soon. It's is a waste of my Sunday.

No dey comment because of likes from nairalanders.
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Karleb(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

There's no point arguing with you, Caleb. You certainly have a wrong understanding of the scriptures. The bolded up there is laughable.

Or maybe you clearly don't have anything practical to write.
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by 3phase(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2022
Na because you no get money now. If to say you dey give the church thousands of naira every week they for feel your impact and call you when they no see you.
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Es350: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Moloso:

No dey comment because of likes from nairalanders.
And who are you to tell me what and what not to comment?

I'm not interested in going to church. Is it by force? undecided
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by Tunagee(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:
Are you sure that church is for me or do people even care whether I come or not?

I'm a pianist in the church oo although the church had 2 pianist.

Not even a call from the pastor, choir members or anyone at all that had my number.

Is it true that is you're not financially contributing big to the church you're not recognised...

Pls what's the issue?

The answer is what you mentioned in the bolded
Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by yusman14(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
kelspinall:
no disrespect to my religion christainity but some brethren are living a hypocrite life in church.

what do I mean.

some years ago, I used to be committed to a youth fellowship,a non denominational one,we pray,sing,hear the gospel message and soo on.some brethren due to their spiritual awakening and encounter and titles they were given they started seeing their selves way to big to have a conversation with you some don't even greet you except you do,i even get mad when a sister always respond to me how far anytime i greet her,pheww, really bad.at some point in time some may not even speak to you after sermon..
i went into apprentice job and later started missing activities only 3-4 out of the rest do call me to know why. after sometime i stopped going and to my suprise people that don't have conversation with me at all started calling and even started acting nice to me to start coming.. don't get me wrong,is not about economy nor your attitude and service to it no.some brethren are too stiff and too overly righteous that they find it hard to associate with you,some brethren lack the mindsets of being your brothers keeper and carrying along mentality which is very bad, some people feel insecured when they're alone inside room full of people and to make it worst they people are in 2's and 4's discussing.thats bad.

we christian need to start carrying along each other and everyone, with that everyone will be of the same faith and strength ...we need to improve...

am sinner but this is what I experienced back then....peace..
Ego is too much in our churches

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It 7 Sundays I Have Not Being To Church And Nobody Check On Me. by kelspinall(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
yusman14:
Ego is too much in our churches
true,too much ego

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Overcome This Fear? / My Girlfriend Refused To Abort Somebody Advice A Comrade / What Happened To These Nairalanders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.