Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat (12618 Views)

Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply / Twitter Supension: Lai Mohammed Says 7 Of FG's 10 Requests Have Been Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Xscape047: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2022
Nawao
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Bigheart042(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2022
Infact let Nigeria collapse

1 Like

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Stephengee4all(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2022
Same people, same structure, same promise.
We're tired of APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by mecuries(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:
Olubiyo, who noted that comparatively, some African countries are already ahead of Nigeria in power generation, stated: “South Africa with a population of about 62 million generates over 50,000MW (50 GW). Egypt with a population of about 107 million people generates over 50,000 MW (50GW).

We've tried PDP and got disappointed, we've tried APC and our woes got tripled, let's try LP and if they don't perform we get rid of them.
That's the only way this country will grow.
it's just common sense....let's keep changing till we get it right.

2 Likes

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by kokoA(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2022
After seven years of massive failure? It has failed long we know. Tell us something new.

1 Like

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by akpunda86: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/fgs-10000mw-power-generation-target-under-new-threat/

Stupid country,Generating without putting up new Transmission Lines for evacuation.So who you generating for,From Obasanjo NIPP to Buhari Government all needs to be held accountable.A whole $16 Millions dollar project of NIPP which I was a sub Contractor to one MOGABS Nig.Ltd,many of the Transformers used were refurbished transformers with many Aluminium conductors,for HT lines best is steel reinforced aluminium conductors but they all used ordinary aluminium conductors,today we all experiencing system collapse caused by NIPP,TCN staff that were compromised and EKDC incharge of Lagos.

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by blackpanda: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Blaze232:
So so funny how these politicians use sugar to coat their words so that they can seduce you into voting for them. Nigeria needs a leader with road map to deliver the country. These rubbish coated manifestos won't do**

What is the sugar here
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Business under business grin
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by blackpanda: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:
Olubiyo, who noted that comparatively, some African countries are already ahead of Nigeria in power generation, stated: “South Africa with a population of about 62 million generates over 50,000MW (50 GW). Egypt with a population of about 107 million people generates over 50,000 MW (50GW).

We've tried PDP and got disappointed, we've tried APC and our woes got tripled, let's try LP and if they don't perform we get rid of them.
That's the only way this country will grow.

No.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by okerekeikpo: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2022
Nigeria is a total disaster I'm not surprised
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by sulaak(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2022
chloedogie:
God help Nigeria. Govt should decentralize this power sector. Let states and local governments or communities who can lure private investors in do so and be disconnected from the national power grid. If an investor can come to generate, transmit and distribute to a certain number of communities let them do it. Come to countries overseas and see hundreds of different power companies serving different people. On my street alone there are like 4 different companies serving less than 20 houses. You have the right to choose which one favours your pocket.

Obasanjo fought the Lagos state government for wanting to do it way back if I'm correct. Imagine that Lagos state had been able to execute that project and are off the national grid, won't there be sufficient power to be distributed to the remaining states that are not proactive or financially strong to carry out similar projects? And I want to believe that if Lagos state had been able to successfully execute that, mark the words ''if'' and ''successfully'', some states too would have just had a simple template to copy and paste.

I agree with the decentralisation plan but many of the states in Nigeria are not viable to build and operate electricity on their own. i this Electricity should be regional and local government-driven
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2022
Business under business
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by fatherjesse(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2022
You want to know how wicked, heartless and insanely compansionless and wickedly insensitive Tinubu and all the APC charlatans? Put side by side the rubbish Fashola was spewing out of his mouth on Channels TV yesterday and the visuals of those victims of that train kidnap between Abuja and Kaduna being flogged and treated like animals. Fashola still opens his gutter mouth and looks into the camera to say security has improved and that senile Tinubu is the best option for us come 2023, the guts they have is more annoying than the pain we go through for me.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by chloedogie(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2022
Brendaniel:

Is it not Tinubu that brought all the people in charge of the country today which includes power that you are supporting, so you now want Tinubu to rule to bring the same people to handle what we have experienced for 8 years and you expect anything to change....

Buhari, Fashola and co are they not Tinubu's people? And Tinubu sold them twice to Nigerians...

Can you trust someone who sells a bad product to you twice?

Tinubu brought in Obasanjo and PDP that couldn't do anything about NEPA and later privatized it? It is high time we stopped blaming parties and hold individuals responsible for all these. Our useless senators and reps what have they been doing in Abuja all this while that has been benefiting their constituencies? We need to stop all this beer parlor blame game and really be objective and constructive in discussing the issues facing this country cos these leaders and their families ain't feeling any thing.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Mosco100(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2022
I hope we learn from developed nations, rather than making excuses.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by chloedogie(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2022
sulaak:

I agree with the decentralisation plan but many of the states in Nigeria are not viable to build and operate electricity on their own. i this Electricity should be regional and local government-driven

States just need to open the doors for private companies to come in and let them have a very peaceful space to operate without having to commit one naira from the states' accounts into it. No JV or whatsoever, solely private driven because moment they have shares inside, it will be about their pockets first and not the masses anymore. Bunch of useless and selfish leaders.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by SeriouslySense(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2022
Lol, a country where certain people don't want certain people to have electricity. grin grin.

A country where certain sets of people don't want other people to develop or to be sane. smiley smiley

Keep talking about generating megawatts, imao.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Brushstrokes20: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2022
Bullocks! Everything is under threat under the lifeless scammer lipsrsealed
Nig urgently needs a SANE, SOUND and COMPETENT LEADER!
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2022
Every one of those challenges has been there ever since and if since the target has been set the government didn't take them into consideration and put in place strategies to go around them then all hope is lost for any successful execution of power project in this country and it's high time our so called leaders admit that we need re-colonisation to learn about government because it appears we were not ready when some people fought for independence from the white prior to 1960 PROBABLY FOR SELFISH REASONS. Well, this is always my thinking everyday I woke up to have to live through the rots in our system of government.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by easiest(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Trash as usual, grammar generator, they only generate on news paper with big grammar, before you know it they will loose all to zeromw
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2022
embarassed some people would just be switching off power on Monday morning IBEDC ....you people only listen to Pastor message on Sunday's alone...Thank you for switching it back on ... All the excuses giving above won't matter if there is sincerity, let the consumers have the actual cost of power(Properly giving Prepaid Meters) and guarantee 22/7, all the other factors would be covered in the cost analysis ...My question is someone that cannot survive in partial monopoly how can the fellow survive in competition. That is why it would take a lot of courage for the President to sign the Senate President Power bill into law, because it means the current power firm infrastructure might need to be auctioned out... Because people within an Industrial cluster would generate their own power, Organize estates would buy in bulk from reliable Genco's ..The only problem I see is the fact that we don't manufacture power spare parts locally, and gas is priced globally, but there is Sun, Water, Hydrogen and Wind so the incoming players need to be thinking of sustainability.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Oritna94(m): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2022
MissAnneboleyn:
There are elements and entities within and outside government that are making billions due to Nigeria's power and electricity permanent crisis.
You have said it all. They can never relinquish their source of oil. Unless we the masses are ready to booth them out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Must Be Freed From Oligarch’s Interest, Says Rewane / Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia / Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.