Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat (12623 Views)

Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / Obi Promises 20,000MW Power Supply / Twitter Supension: Lai Mohammed Says 7 Of FG's 10 Requests Have Been Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Splitmind: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2022
dyera:
In 2015 APC promised to increase electricity generation from 5,000 MW to 20,000 MW. But not only did they fail to increase it, power generation dropped from 5,000 MW to 3,000 MW.

Now APC is promising once again to increase power generation by 15,000 MW, and some Nigerians are supporting them. It seems Nigerians mumu never do.

Stop being an enemy of progress I am 100% confident that President Buhari will deliver 10,000 megawatts before the end of his tenure.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by FarmTech(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2022
chloedogie:
God help Nigeria. Govt should decentralize this power sector. Let states and local governments or communities who can lure private investors in do so and be disconnected from the national power grid. If an investor can come to generate, transmit and distribute to a certain number of communities let them do it. Come to countries overseas and see hundreds of different power companies serving different people. On my street alone there are like 4 different companies serving less than 20 houses. You have the right to choose which one favours your pocket.

Obasanjo fought the Lagos state government for wanting to do it way back if I'm correct. Imagine that Lagos state had been able to execute that project and are off the national grid, won't there be sufficient power to be distributed to the remaining states that are not proactive or financially strong to carry out similar projects? And I want to believe that if Lagos state had been able to successfully execute that, mark the words ''if'' and ''successfully'', some states too would have just had a simple template to copy and paste.

I worked for shell sometimes ago and there is this power generating station called AFAM that had a JV with Nigerian government. The annoying thing is that AFAM was only able to to send out less than 40% of what it was generating due to terrible transmission line being managed by govt/TCN. Sometimes less than 20% will go out and the plant was fully operating. Power was just lying wasted in the plant. Even the few that we were able to send out, for government to be able to keep up to its own part of the MOU by paying was a war. Funds were not coming in and generation production was gulping huge money.
We once went to excursion in Afam power plant. They told us same thing. It's a pity.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by chloedogie(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2022
FarmTech:

We once went to excursion in Afam power plant. They told us same thing. It's a pity.

We invested a lot of money into AFAM but so pathetic a government like ours messed it up. I think the mistake we made on our own part in shell was overrating government with the transmission plans. We should have secured and negotiated the transmission contract alongside the generation .
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by anyilalaz: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2022
chloedogie:
God help Nigeria. Govt should decentralize this power sector. Let states and local governments or communities who can lure private investors in do so and be disconnected from the national power grid. If an investor can come to generate, transmit and distribute to a certain number of communities let them do it. Come to countries overseas and see hundreds of different power companies serving different people. On my street alone there are like 4 different companies serving less than 20 houses. You have the right to choose which one favours your pocket.

Obasanjo fought the Lagos state government for wanting to do it way back if I'm correct. Imagine that Lagos state had been able to execute that project and are off the national grid, won't there be sufficient power to be distributed to the remaining states that are not proactive or financially strong to carry out similar projects? And I want to believe that if Lagos state had been able to successfully execute that, mark the words ''if'' and ''successfully'', some states too would have just had a simple template to copy and paste.

I worked for shell sometimes ago and there is this power generating station called AFAM that had a JV with Nigerian government. The annoying thing is that AFAM was only able to to send out less than 40% of what it was generating due to terrible transmission line being managed by govt/TCN. Sometimes less than 20% will go out and the plant was fully operating. Power was just lying wasted in the plant. Even the few that we were able to send out, for government to be able to keep up to its own part of the MOU by paying was a war. Funds were not coming in and generation production was gulping huge money.

It is a sad situation, was privileged to work with Rockson Engineering in installing some of the NIPP project on the Gas turbans in Afam plant and the other new one in Egbema Imo state. Though both were abandoned when the Buhari government took over.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by brandsoncharlie: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2022
Liveandlove:
Do you know paint production is a money raking skill
Which can give you 4 times your capital in just your first day of starting??
And the sweetest thing is you dont need lots of capital or even a factory to start up
With just 10k you are good to go ..
Am organizing an online training to be part of it chat the number in my signature
grin grin. U are doing online for something people want to do it with their hands live.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by brandsoncharlie: 10:37am On Jul 25, 2022
sulaak:

I agree with the decentralisation plan but many of the states in Nigeria are not viable to build and operate electricity on their own. i this Electricity should be regional and local government-driven
It will cause those state that aren’t viable to sit up especially those with security issues before investors will be convinced to start operations.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Cognitivereason: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2022
chloedogie:

It is not as easy as you make it look.

If the grid is decentralize then nearly half of the states will not have power simply because they do not have power plants..

or do you think after the whole system is decentralized.. states and LGA that become disconnected completely will lobby investors to come and build power plants and power their communities in a matter of days?

until we have powerplant operating every state and they are able to cater for the needs of that state..you cannot decentralize the system..

what we need to do now is fix the transmission lines..the transmission lines are the sole reason why we cant even transmit our full genrating capacity which is over 12,000MW.. fix that first and increase the capacity well above 50,000MW.. then state can now lobby investors to come and build power plant..once we get sufficient amount of generating plants then we decentralize..that way states wont suffer black outs..

I hope you know fully decentralizing the grid will cost billions as the entire transmission infrastructure will have to be redesigned to supply specific states or sub stations in specific states
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Cognitivereason: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

It will cause those state that aren’t viable to sit up especially those with security issues before investors will be convinced to start operations.
and have you asked ur self how long it will take..for exmaple Ogun state, a major industrial hub with a large population doesnt have a single power plant..

if that state is disconnected from the national grid in the name of decentralization..
it means the entire residents and companies will all experience total black out..

a proper power plant that can power all the industries and residence will have to be no less than 600MW..
and it will take atleast 3 years to build such...so your telling me that the entire Ogun state should wait 3 years in total blackouts till they get power?

you all should reason critically abeg
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by SU50: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2022
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/fgs-10000mw-power-generation-target-under-new-threat/

Ultimately, some of these companies may require to be bailed out by the common wealth of Nigerians. Our political leadership is very irresponsible, that's why companies with limited capacity in terms of funding and technical know how ended up buying discos in to first place; they know someone in the corridors of power.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2022
I hate Nigeria ehn
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by poiZon: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2022
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/fgs-10000mw-power-generation-target-under-new-threat/

Before coming to power, APC had all the solutions bedevilling Nigeria n Nigerians, from power generation isn't rocket science to making fuel affordable if nOt free for Nigerians and also employing 3million nigerians yearly thereby creating atleast 12million jobs in their first year of government.
Today reverse is the case, more people lost their jobs, no jobs created, fuel that they promised to make affordable is now competing with Ese brume on height...
We've now metamorphosed from 20,000deaths yearly from insurgent ravaged North East region to more than 100,000 deaths yearly in every regions of the country.
We r now losing more barrels of oil daily than before even when a General is on the saddle..
Nigerians have never been this polarised and demoralized, no sector is working apart from thr Banditry and graft commission.

May we never experience Buhari ever again in our country.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Austynseyi001: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2022
Omooba77:

What a shame! How can the almighty Federal government be under threat, I just wonder how government will lay such complain.

The same people that run government are the ones importing generators. How do we now expect them to do something that will go against their business.

Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Bluntemperor: 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
sonnie10:
Did anyone notice that they deliberately avoided mentioning the megawatts of electricity Nigeria is currently generating?

They have nothing to offer in this power Sector.
Since we were young in school,the fairy tale has continued till date- from ECN to NEPA to PHCN now to Disco/Gemco, nothing has changed.Then at the Kanji Darm- water was too much,snake fell into the dam,low water to turn the machine around! All manners of criminal activities!
It's corruption and as today, we hardly used the light! No Pre-paid Metres,inspire of the government promises.
For Ikeja and Eko Discos- they are too inflexible in there operations,as they cover vast areas,which they hardly delivered on their promises.
For instance let us have:
-Ikeja- Disco
- Ikorodu Disco and
- Epe Disco- Epe should be removed from Eko Disco because they are not delivering.
Tbe Epe People hardly get light but only during Govnr Ambode.
In most of the Ikorodu and Epe,you hardly see light for 2- hours.The only place you get light mostly is Ijede and it's immediate environment,just to keep restive Area calm,while the rest of the town is in perpetual darkness!
Terrible and Shameful,that at 21st Century, Nigeria can't have guaranteed light of 24-hours for her Citizens,let alone talk about industrialization!
Is this the way Nigeria will go to the Moon!
But why, because of Corruption and we don't allow things to work-this is affecting everyone, including the Youths and the Nigerian future generations!
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Bluntemperor: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
sonnie10:
Did anyone notice that they deliberately avoided mentioning the megawatts of electricity Nigeria is currently generating?

They have nothing to offer in this power Sector.
Since we were young in school,the fairy tale has continued till date- from ECN to NEPA to PHCN now to Disco/Gemco, nothing has changed.Then at the Kanji Darm- water was too much,snake fell into the dam,low water to turn the machine around! All manners of criminal activities!
It's corruption and as today, we hardly used the light! No Pre-paid Metres,inspire of the government promises.
For Ikeja and Eko Discos- they are too inflexible in there operations,as they cover vast areas,which they hardly delivered on their promises.
For instance let us have:
-Ikeja- Disco
- Ikorodu Disco and
- Epe Disco- Epe should be removed from Eko Disco because they are not delivering.
Tbe Epe People hardly get light but only during Govnr Ambode.
In most of the Ikorodu and Epe,you hardly see light for 2- hours.The only place you get light mostly is Ijede and it's immediate environment,just to keep restive Area calm,while the rest of the town is in perpetual darkness!
Terrible and Shameful,that at 21st Century, Nigeria can't have guaranteed light of 24-hours for her Citizens,let alone talk about industrialization!
Is this the way Nigeria will go to the Moon!
But why, because of Corruption and we don't allow things to work-this is affecting everyone, including the Youths, Employment and the Nigerian future generations!
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by edoairways: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
inoki247:
Na wen he no dey under threat before.....

Electricity is a Rocket science in Nigeria....

FG should just tell every State this electricity wahala is beyond our power you guy's should goan settle it yourself wether na tru MOU weda na Lapo any aw u wan du am....

This alone will even help states that can guarantee 24hrs light to generate more revenue you will see people relocating to the state, Factory relocating dere.....
They have done that already
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by Goodman247: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
This national.grid is not working, they should liberalise the power sector completely
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by meobizy(f): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
It’s Obasanjo’s administration all over; turning Nigerians into electricity engineers by forcing them to calculate figures. If it’s not possible, make them leave am. It is not a must to promise and fail. Our many vision [insert date] never came to fruition, nobody died nor went to prison for failure.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by brandsoncharlie: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:
and have you asked ur self how long it will take..for exmaple Ogun state, a major industrial hub with a large population doesnt have a single power plant..

if that state is disconnected from the national grid in the name of decentralization..
it means the entire residents and companies will all experience total black out..

a proper power plant that can power all the industries and residence will have to be no less than 600MW..
and it will take atleast 3 years to build such...so your telling me that the entire Ogun state should wait 3 years in total blackouts till they get power?

you all should reason critically abeg
I believe it is a transition before the decentralization happens, state that has the capacity should start preparing for it so that they can adjust to the new system in place.
There should be a road map.
Re: FG’s 10,000MW Power Generation Target Under New Threat by FarmTech(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
chloedogie:

We invested a lot of money into AFAM but so pathetic a government like ours messed it up. I think the mistake we made on our own part in shell was overrating government with the transmission plans. We should have secured and negotiated the transmission contract alongside the generation .
What a country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily / Unpaid Salaries: FG Yet To Receive Fresh Bailout Request From States-the Punch / Ondo approves Amotekun Bill, Draft Copy Ready For Legislative Scrutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.