Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Who Are Workers Of Iniquity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Workers Of Iniquity (948 Views)

The Gospel The Workers Of Iniquity Hate The Most / The Gospel The Workers Of Iniquity Love The Most / The Mystery Of Iniquity And The Revelation Of The Wicked One Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2022
Workers of iniquity are those who present "false images".
False images either of themselves or of God. So iniquity is falsehood, especially when a "minister" is after protecting his own image rather than presenting or representing the true image of God.

A false image is idolatry, scripture states that stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry, drawing a similarity between the three. A person who is stubborn is unwilling, meaning they know the way but are unwilling to walk that way, so though they may have accepted the way, they are unwilling to walk that way according to the will or it's maker. They seek to create "another" will in the way, a bending of the path to suit them. So what they present isn't an image that was the original.

Iniquity can be born out of ignorance, ignorance of not knowing or acknowledging the truth. It is different from sin, which in Hebrew sin depicts moving away from the path, iniquity means mischief, wickedness, unrighteousness, unjust, in Hebrew Avon with root word which means to twist or distort. And to distort is to lie, to make false, to twist a thing into something else. Like the devil twisted scripture so as to get Jesus jumpimg off a mountain.

Workers of iniquity ain't (just) those who are worldly or sinners who live by the way of the world, these are those who claim to know the Lord, heard his teachings, not just proclamations or preachings that announces Jesus, but his teachings.

Matthew 7:22 states what they would even do; Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?

Not that any of these are bad, for they are signs that follow the believers, but whom did these things or signs glorify?

Matthew 7:20 Why by their fruits you shall know them. Not by their works.

Another thing is that, in the commission we are asked to love others, teach them, baptize them, make disciples, but these things they didn't mention. For these things focus on God and glorify God.

Iniquity is false image, false appearance. That's why Jesus said get away from me I do not know u, or spits them out, they didn't fully do what's expected of them, they were neither cold nor hot, neither here nor there. So though they prophesied, and cast out demons they kept people in bondage by their lies and falsehood, bondage to idolatry and man worship, where people did not know the truth nor were they set free.

Didn't even the Pharisees prophesy and cast out demons, did they not hear his teachings. When people are drawn to you not by God and not to God, then there's iniquity and idolatry at work. When we look at modern day "idols" we see people after the worship and adoration of other humans. Idols things or beings people desire after. When you don't provoke people to desire after God, whoever or whatever you're presenting or representing is iniquity. Sacrifices, offerings is nothing compared to obeying God. Some even disobey God with the plan to give an offering big enough to obtain forgiveness. Any sacrifice or service done after disobedience will be rejected, as work of iniquity. You cannot do your will and except God to accept it. Saul did go the way God sent him but he did not obey God fully, not in all things, he put his will before God's, his glory above His. All those who do this will be rejected as well.

Isaiah 32:6 For the vile person will speak villainy, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.

work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD

There teachings are lies and false and point not to God. There ways don't show love to anyone, instead of filling souls up they dry them up. Violence is their path and on their tongues and thoughts, Hosea 6:8, Isaiah 59:6-7

There purpose is not to feed the people but eat them up, collect from them till they run dry. Psalms 53:4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called on God.

They are false and represent falsehood

Psalms 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbors, but mischief is in their hearts.

They speak good words, but in their hearts is iniquity and mischief, in their hearts is a desire to fulfill their own dreams and imaginations.

To all reading this, listen to what the Spirit is saying to you, whatever you are doing that is not in line with God's will for your life, do not assume that because you have heard of Jesus or attend the most word empowering teaching message that it gives you leeway to disobey or that God will accept whatever work you present to Him, the same God that consumed Nadab and Abihu is the same one that killed Ananias and Sapphira, is still alive and living and hasn't changed. If you do not want to be consumed or rejected, listening to the warning given to Cain, if you do that which is right by my sight you will be accepted.

Peace to the righteous
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by Biafranodogwu55: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2022
U expect me to read this epistle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Biafranodogwu55:
U expect me to read this epistle
But I don't even know you nor have an expection of you, I don't even think you were in my thought when I wrote it. I'm sorry if u can't read it, just read the much u can
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by Dtruthspeaker: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
Workers of iniquity are those who present "false images".
False images either of themselves or of God...

Ah! This is not correct o!

It means those who manufacture sin or who implement sin
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah! This is not correct o!

It means those who manufacture sin or who implement sin
it is not correct because you have another meaning or it is not correct because it is wrong?
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by Dtruthspeaker: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
it is not correct because you have another meaning or it is not correct because it is wrong?

It is not correct because you narrowed the whole of it to only one type of sin.

Whereas that statement encompasses all the faces and different ways sin can be implemented.
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is not correct because you narrowed the whole of it to only one type of sin.

Whereas that statement encompasses all the faces and different ways sin can be implemented.
so it is not incorrect because it is not wrong, it is only incorrect because your idea of what I said should have been broader. How does that make you sound?

So because I did not write what you want I am wrong? shocked

So kindly tell us how did Saul "manufacture sin"? Or how the word of God which is the real truth, shows what you are saying or are greater than God's word
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
so it is not incorrect because it is not wrong, it is only incorrect because your idea of what I said should have been broader. How does that make you sound?

So because I did not write what you want I am wrong? shocked

"A half-truth is even more dangerous than a lie.

A lie, you can detect at some stage, but half a truth is sure to mislead you for long."
Anurag Shourie

Half a truth is often a great lie.
— Benjamin Franklin,
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
You have touched many points but you should know that most people (especially Africans) hate READING so you should have summarized this in two or three sentences.

INIQUITY means deviation from what is right, gross injustice or wickedness.

So someone who is WORKING OUT INIQUITY connotes a
"DELIBERATE deviation from what is right"

Jesus taught so many things and because he's a perfect son of God he was able to practice exactly what he taught but imperfect humans can't do that so we will stumble many times.
Therefore when we stumble and someone called our attention to remind us of what we're supposed to do, we will keep our virtue as true disciples of Christ when we yield to correction but when we try to justify ourself even though such justification can't produce the FRUIT expected of Christ's followers then we have become WORKERS of INIQUITY!

That's why Jesus said this after explaining what fruit is expected of Christ's true disciples! Matthew 7:15-23

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

"A half-truth is even more dangerous than a lie.

A lie, you can detect at some stage, but half a truth is sure to mislead you for long."
Anurag Shourie

Half a truth is often a great lie.
— Benjamin Franklin,
didn't ask you for philosophy, I asked you for scriptural references concerning what you wrote.

At this point who cares if you feel what was written is a complete lie or a half lie.

You brought upon yourself an accusation and you are still yet to verify if the Spirit of God led you or the devil, I doubt if it's the later you would be humble enough to apologize
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
You have touched many points but you should know that most people (especially Africans) hate READING so you should have summarized this in two or three sentences.

INIQUITY means deviation from what is right, gross injustice or wickedness.

So someone who is WORKING OUT INIQUITY connotes a
"DELIBERATE deviation from what is right"

Jesus taught so many things and because he's a perfect son of God he was able to practice exactly what he taught but imperfect humans can't do that so we will stumble many times.
Therefore when we stumble and someone called our attention to remind us of what we're supposed to do, we will keep our virtue as true disciples of Christ when we yield to correction but when we try to justify ourself even though such justification can't produce the FRUIT expected of Christ's followers then we have become WORKERS of INIQUITY!

That's why Jesus said this after explaining what fruit is expected of Christ's true disciples! Matthew 7:15-23

May you have PEACE! smiley

summaries is what the same people perishing from lack of knowledge have everywhere and they still perish. If the summaries they desire haven't helped them why keep giving it to them or encourage stupidity with the excuse that they can be better.

Honestly reading only a part could change a person's life, but if someone is discourage to even start because something is long then it was probably never meant for them.
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
didn't ask you for philosophy, I asked you for scriptural references concerning what you wrote.

You need scriptural references to tell you that workers of iniquity include deceit as perpetrated by the serpent in Genesis 3 or disobedience as perpetrated by Adam in Genesis 3:11/12 or murder as perpetrated by Cain in Genesis 4:7-8?

To not know this clear proves that you are less than normal!
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
summaries is what the same people perishing from lack of knowledge have everywhere and they still perish. If the summaries they desire haven't helped them why keep giving it to them or encourage stupidity with the excuse that they can be better.

Honestly reading only a part could change a person's life, but if someone is discourage to even start because something is long then it was probably never meant for them.

That's why Jesus of Nazareth said:

“Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Mark 1:17

We must consider all kinds of people because God wants all to be saved! 1Timothy 2:4

That's why God's organization printed Bible study aids yet send us out to study it with them otherwise the anxieties of life won't give them a second to read it! Matthew 28:20 smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You need scriptural references to tell you that workers of iniquity include deceit as perpetrated by the serpent in Genesis 3 or disobedience as perpetrated by Adam in Genesis 3:11/12 or murder as perpetrated by Cain in Genesis 4:7-8?

To not know this clear proves that you are less than normal!

so to you anyone who doesn't know what you know is "less than normal"?

And you are the benchmark for what normal should be? shocked

Isn't your pride blinding you from actually benefiting from the post
Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
An example of workers of iniquity those who claim to proclaim God but their character and attitude deviate from Him and His word. By their fruit you shall know them. Do they have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, humility, faith, self-control

Or do they possess works of the flesh, immorality, impurity, indecency, Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies), envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Workers Of Iniquity by gohf: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2023
Zephaniah 3:13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth; for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think This Is Correct About Romans 10:17 / The Bible Is More Literal Than The Qu'ran / Casting Of Lots By The Apostles In The New Testament Is Pagan Practice Like Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.