Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati (18328 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Aminu Abdussalam: Tinubu Held His Colloquium In Kano Because Of 2023 Politics / Politics Without Bitterness: Governor Udom Emmanuel Hugs Akpabio And Nsima Ekere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by otipoju(m): 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
Laggafin:
Oga during ur time in govt.. U were also very clueless.

As in extremely clueless.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Kaiser20: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Laggafin:
Remind me which political elected position did Dr Abati contested
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Laggafin: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kaiser20:

Remind me which political elected position did Dr Abati contested
Guy u just want to be in my mention or wat?
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Laggafin: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
LtChisom:

So he should shut up na?
Of course
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Counterfeit: 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Anarchy is looming...There will come a time, a time so near, when the people irrespective of ethnicity and religion will bond together, with rage and intent to maim the so called elites of our time. That anger has been brewing, and with its content so high of course!
Lives will be lost, the poor will blame the wealthy for their conditions, the middle and upper middle class will not be spared either. Even foetuses will be blamed in their mothers wombs for forming at all. We have limited time to get it RIGHT
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by integrity16(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
lengthy bunch of crap

It's a good read.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Ultimas: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
There are ideas. It's just that some of the ideas are not germane to national development.
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Tareq1105: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
ElSudani:

Abati is not running for office. What are the current candidates going to do about insecurity , unemployment, education etc. Things that really matters to you. Abati was never elected, he owe you no explanation.

He was SA Media to Jonathan.

He's a PDP man, and he has soft spot for the party and this is obvious in his dispositions.

He was Deputy Governorship candidate of PDP in Ogun State in the 2019 general election.
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by CrestMan: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Karlovich:
embarassed Is this the person that promised 50 million people agbado and cassava?

In all honesty, I'm not in support of APC especially because of their Muslim-Muslim ticket but that doesn't mean I will insult him to the point of mocking him because of his frail health. Tinubu may be older than your father at home.

How will you feel if you are his son/daughter/grand child reading these rain of insults on your father?

Like Peter Obi is advocating, let us not go the way of bitter politics.

#peace
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Oshiogwemoh(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
apache22b:
I will vote Tinubu whether Peter Obi likes it or not .
I will vote obi whether tinubu llikes it or not

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Gandollar(f): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
ElSudani:
Spot on! But how do you discuss ideas when some people expend a lot of energy on religion or Tinubu's sweat soaked agbada.
When some people are threatening everyone who say anything negative about their candidates.
It is not the fault of the candidates that they are not discussing ideas and policies when the public themselves are discussing inanity.
Tinubu is a whitewashed old sepulchre not fit to rule Nigeria. No amount of propaganda can change the fact that he's lost most of his faculties. Your bitterness not withstanding, you suffer from selective amenesia if you already forgot who you nicknamed Otuoke fisherman ogogoro drinker and called his wife shepopotamus etc.

You even made a coffin for a sitting president.

How you could expect roses after sowing thorns beats every imagination.
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Gandollar(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Peacemakernimi:

Please check my signature Sir I need your help
Get out there and find menial jobs to do and earn a quick living until something better comes up.

Imagine using a begging essay as signature. I hate weaklings like you!

A man for that matter! Hiss
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Zona123(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Laggafin:

This is exactly one of our greatest problem with the youths of this country, why not see the facts in everything he wrote and forget this useless blames and accusations

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Me4bas: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Laggafin:

This are the issues. He has brought out problems affecting you and I yet you are focused on what he did in his own time. How will that help us out of this mess Nigeria is?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by sulaak(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Theweb:
It is too lengthy bro

It is this mental laziness that has transformed Nigeria and Nigerians into a failed state. You would rather watch BBNaija2022 than learn about the future of Nigeria.

I have summarised the best part for your lazy brain.

Here, in Nigeria, the candidates are not talking to the people. With the key exception of Peter Obi of the Labour Party and Omoyele Sowore of the Africa Action Congress (AAC), who both run movements, not political parties, the other candidates are busy talking to their kind; godfathers, persons they think control Nigeria, and who can fix the election for them, and the party elite. When they remember the people, they throw money at them and promise to give them more money if they are elected.

Nigeria, like many developing countries of the world that jumped on the democratisation scheme in the early 90s, does not understand what it means nor have the people been able to domesticate the idea of democracy.

The democratic project was imposed by the West as a one-size-fits-all proposition, but the many contradictions that this has thrown up are beguiling.

To use Nigeria as an example, it would be in order to say that Nigeria is not ready for democracy, certainly not in the present shape in which it is. Nigerian politicians are royalists with an undeserved sense of entitlement.

They want power because power is sweet and grants a sense of control, relevance and importance.

Our democracy is a democracy of terrorists, scavengers and opportunists. This is why there is a terrible gap between those at the apex and those at the base of society.

Those who argue that the electorate should get their voters’ cards and make informed choices at the polls next year are all correct, and spot on, but what is anyone doing about the people’s cynicism and the banditisation of Nigerian politics?

In the absence of ideas and good conduct by the political elite, the people are right to be cynical as they have ever been, and what we see in the current lead up to Nigeria’s 2023 general election is chaotic cynicism.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Themandator: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
ElSudani:
Spot on! But how do you discuss ideas when some people expend a lot of energy on religion or Tinubu's sweat soaked agbada.
When some people are threatening everyone who say anything negative about their candidates.
It is not the fault of the candidates that they are not discussing ideas and policies when the public themselves are discussing inanity.

what was the response of tinubu team to atiku's interview... Did they go for the actuals, nope...

What is the public reaction to Obi interview? NBA and figure and not about the economy

What is Tinubu opinion on exchange rate crisis, it is not a concern since he doesn't do import and salaries are still paid in naira
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by emifunrami: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
While Dr Abati has clearly made some crucial and pertinent points in this write-up I see it as a clever attempt at damage control. That interview fell short of being objective and the high journalistic standards which Arise TV represents. Atiku either parried some of the questions or dismissed them with arrogant ignorance. He was allowed to get away with that.

Anyone aspiring to lead Nigeria out of this present quagmire ought not be pampered or allowed to dance around relevant issues the way Atiku did. For example, When asked whether his objection to anti grazing laws made by some states had changed his response was non committal.That is a red flag. Did anyone watch how Rufai of Arise TV drilled Obi on the issue of subsidy removal? He kept repeating, rephrasing the same question until Obi gave a definite response. That is what is expected of the Arise Team who I am sure a lot of Nigerians are looking forward to for no holds barred,courageous, well balanced interviews especially in this election season .
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by hagjay(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
Antoeni:
HBD I Just Sent You 5k Please Manage it
(Na Audio)

Lol
Thanks all thesame
God bless you sir ♥
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by hagjay(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
yrex01:
we should na send money abi

Yes sir �
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Elliotg: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
ElSudani:

Abati is not running for office. What are the current candidates going to do about insecurity , unemployment, education etc. Things that really matters to you. Abati was never elected, he owe you no explanation.
You are a mumu man. Did Abati resign his appointment to show solidarity with the people when his principal was clueless? So, what moral right does he have to judge anyone? On like the masses, he was close to the corridor of power; what did he do with that power?
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Elliotg: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
CrestMan:

In all honesty, I'm not in support of APC especially because of their Muslim-Muslim ticket but that doesn't mean I will insult him to the point of mocking him because of his frail health. Tinubu may be older than your father at home.

How will you feel if you are his son/daughter/grand child reading these rain of insults on your father?

Like Peter Obi is advocating, let us not go the way of bitter politics.

#peace
Bleep off! Keep your fucking humility to yourself. We don't use that to buy costly fuel or expensive foodstuffs in the market.
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by omohayek: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
Reasonable4me:
Hahahahaha,

Meanwhile a rare picture of archbishop agbado walking in dominion.

Hahahahah
And here you are illustrating the very evil Abati was criticising - you have no ideas to offer, no criticisms of any policy proposals, nothing but the same tiresome spamming of unflattering pictures of a candidate, as if the presidency of Nigeria were a competition for Mr Universe or GQ model of the year. Nigeria's politics is devoid of ideas precisely because millions of Nigerians are like you in having nothing going on upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Reasonable4me: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
omohayek:

And here you are illustrating the very evil Abati was criticising - you have no ideas to offer, no criticisms of any policy proposals, nothing but the same tiresome spamming of unflattering pictures of a candidate, as if the presidency of Nigeria were a competition for Mr Universe or GQ model of the year. Nigeria's politics is devoid of ideas precisely because millions of Nigerians are like you in having nothing going on upstairs.

Oga, that man is not a good physical model to discuss at all and I'm unapologetic to you whatsoever. You that has duplex upstairs. His character and integrity has been called into questions in millions of times. But gullible and sycophant millions like you are in no hurry to do anything because your mind is made up. I'm not here to preach to you about who to choose. I've made my mind on labour party. Do you make I do me. I've seen their videos and interviews already to properly discern who to choose. People like you on the other divide need to read what Abati wrote over and over again to finally pick labour party
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by t2luv1: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
iwaeda:

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-politics-without-ideas/amp

Ruben what were you expecting when your Presidential candidate ain't got no clue regarding current expenditure and recurring expenditure. I listened to the whole interview. Atiku came across as dumb as a doornail.
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by rickyrex(m): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
ElSudani:
you are part of the problem the writer just talked about . Who are you defending -tinubu- isnt it. Hypocracy of the highest order
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by ElSudani: 11:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
rickyrex:
you are part of the problem the writer just talked about . Who are you defending -tinubu- isnt it. Hypocracy of the highest order

Tinubu is the real deal and you can see it if you take the wool off your eyes.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by Ojomu6986: 9:26am On Jul 27, 2022
Shey Eleyi wa O.k sha
hagjay:
It's my birthday guys
Please show me some love �

Zenith bank
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by rickyrex(m): 1:35am On Jul 28, 2022
ElSudani:

Tinubu is the real deal and you can see it if you take the wool off your eyes.
this one that has nothing to offer nigerians than to bear the name mr president. instead of him to tell nigerians why he should be voted for, he is business attacking atiku and obi. Bring fashola i will vote him one million time but not tinubu the lagos looter
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by ElSudani: 1:38am On Jul 28, 2022
rickyrex:
this one that has nothing to offer nigerians than to bear the name mr president. instead of him to tell nigerians why he should be voted for, he is business attacking atiku and obi. Bring fashola i will vote him one million time but not tinubu the lagos looter

Bring Fashola, bring Osinbajo bla bla. Do people really fall for that?
Re: 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati by rickyrex(m): 2:00am On Jul 28, 2022
ElSudani:

Bring Fashola, bring Osinbajo bla bla. Do people really fall for that?
i will give you a befiting reply come 2023 after election. by then two things will be involved either your yoruba people will start rioting with igbos in lagos blaming them for tinubu loss or he will be heading ti court shouting he was rigged

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Senator Jarigbe Supporting APC's Presidential Candidate? / Judge Orders FG To Grant Medical Attention To Injured IPOB Detainees. Photo / You Won't Vote In 2019 - Buhari To Nigerians In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.