Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,896 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) (21742 Views)

ASUU Strike: Nigerian Government Declares NLC Solidarity Protest Illegal / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On EndSARS Protests (Live Updates) / #EndSARS Lagos Protests (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by themanderon: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
In a country where politicians are buying forms for 100m and yet students have been at home and they say there is no money to meet their demands. Na wao.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by AnanseK(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2022
POSITION OF A SELFLESS AND PATRIOTIC UNIVERSITY DON ON ASUU:-
*Professor Ahmed Isah Haruna is a University Professor in Bauchi State.*

He said;
Even in ASUU, this is the worst leadership I have seen in 25 years in the University.

Both Government and ASUU are not sincere on University education in Nigeria. I have not seen any intellectualism in the attitude of both Government and ASUU.

I will touch few things that do not make sense; why is ASUU on strike now? *It is because of IPPIS and after losing out on that, they shifted the goalpost to "Revitalization of Universities" which is very unrealistic.*

Why would a sensible person declare a strike during the coronavirus global confusion? Where is the much acclaimed knowledge?

*This strike was never voted for at individual branches as usual, but truncated by the ASUU NEC. It never happened this way before. The IPPIS unveiled an unbelievable number of ghost workers on the University payroll.* The former GIFMIS payroll that ASUU preferred accommodated all those ghost workers. So the complaint about IPPIS is baseless and unfounded.

*Why would a professor be allowed to visit more than two universities in a month? How would he cover the contact hours and quality delivery to students if he has to visit three, four, five and etc Universities?* All for money. Who are then killing the university education from within?

Why would this malpractice be allowed simply because it is ASUU ? Respect should be earned through honesty.*What is revitalization? Who will source over N1 trillion naira and throw it to Universities for unspecified projects and look the other way? This will never happen. How many Universities judiciously utilized the money given by President Goodluck Jonathan for Needs Assessment Projects? Infact you will see better projects in State Universities than Federal Universities.*

Why is ASUU silent about this? Who actually benefits from major projects? University Management and Union officials as supervisors but not lecturers.

*TETFUND is doing good in their intervention projects in all Universities, so why this revitalization again? Why is ASUU drifting away from sourcing welfare of its members and targeting revitalization? Are they fighting for it's member or the University Management?*

As it is now, *majority of ASUU member have gone to Abuja and enrolled for the IPPIS because the deception is too much. No Government in the history of Nigeria is interested in education. So only sincerity of purpose, honesty and transparency on the side of ASUU would defeat them and not stupid pride and propaganda.*

If Nigerian Universities are winning research grants and doing the research, they would have solved their problems and earn more respect. Does it take new laboratory or office to put up an application for a good research?

*If ASUU had been encouraging good research, things would not have been this bad. You cannot help politicians to rig elections and expect them to respect you.*

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Jman06(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2022
This should be followed up with a national strike!

Enough is enough!
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Splitmind: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2022
Rubbish, what nonsense are they protesting for this time? undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by vertueptime: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2022
hagjay:
It's my birthday guys
Please show me some love oo �

Zenith bank

LOVE.

Have u seen it? It's shown above

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Benchilwell: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2022
paramboos:
I hope Nigerians will come out and protest like they did in 2012. This country is becoming unbearable. I just bought toothpaste this morning, guy l don't need to tell you the price. Look at the ASUU strike, the Government and the lecturers are not even close to agreement. People don't know what is going on in this Country, it will take a miracle for schools to resume this year. Wonders have actually ended my people.....
and than, things where not bad or worse like diz one will have now, d different is dat Jonathan was a peaceful man,but d one will have don't care to kill anyone.

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by hagjay(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2022
vertueptime:

LOVE.

Have u seen it? It's shown above

Yeah
Thanks alot
God bless you ♥
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Itohanmiwa: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2022
hagjay:
It's my birthday guys
Please show me some love oo �

Zenith bank
Wetin u Dey take flex on a normal day?
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Benchilwell: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Realmi:
I miss oshomole....he was very active then
and we finally know oshomole,was just like other nigeria politicians.

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Togokenya: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2022
From Ibadan update

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by RexEmmyGee: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2022
ASUU Kaduna State University Chapter

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by juman(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2022
Shame on buhari.
Shame on apc.

Sai ASUU.

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by juman(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2022
Buhari has failed the country in many ways.

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by anonymuz(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2022
Judolisco:
It's a pity students sit at home and allow their parents to come out and protest on their behalf.... One of my msc lecturers told us before the strike, that the strike is going to be brutal dis time around and we begged him and he said when students are ready they would hit d streets to protest 2...
Federal government go call NLC leaders now settle dem and dem go stop dis protest 2mrw and d strike go still continue
they are still enjoying doing yahoo and olosho..leave them it's none of my business...I once faced it and we protested then....We just have insensitive government in power

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Legendforte: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2022
AnanseK:
POSITION OF A SELFLESS AND PATRIOTIC UNIVERSITY DON ON ASUU:-
*Professor Ahmed Isah Haruna is a University Professor in Bauchi State.*

He said;
Even in ASUU, this is the worst leadership I have seen in 25 years in the University.

Both Government and ASUU are not sincere on University education in Nigeria. I have not seen any intellectualism in the attitude of both Government and ASUU.

I will touch few things that do not make sense; why is ASUU on strike now? *It is because of IPPIS and after losing out on that, they shifted the goalpost to "Revitalization of Universities" which is very unrealistic.*

Why would a sensible person declare a strike during the coronavirus global confusion? Where is the much acclaimed knowledge?

*This strike was never voted for at individual branches as usual, but truncated by the ASUU NEC. It never happened this way before. The IPPIS unveiled an unbelievable number of ghost workers on the University payroll.* The former GIFMIS payroll that ASUU preferred accommodated all those ghost workers. So the complaint about IPPIS is baseless and unfounded.

*Why would a professor be allowed to visit more than two universities in a month? How would he cover the contact hours and quality delivery to students if he has to visit three, four, five and etc Universities?* All for money. Who are then killing the university education from within?

Why would this malpractice be allowed simply because it is ASUU ? Respect should be earned through honesty.*What is revitalization? Who will source over N1 trillion naira and throw it to Universities for unspecified projects and look the other way? This will never happen. How many Universities judiciously utilized the money given by President Goodluck Jonathan for Needs Assessment Projects? Infact you will see better projects in State Universities than Federal Universities.*

Why is ASUU silent about this? Who actually benefits from major projects? University Management and Union officials as supervisors but not lecturers.

*TETFUND is doing good in their intervention projects in all Universities, so why this revitalization again? Why is ASUU drifting away from sourcing welfare of its members and targeting revitalization? Are they fighting for it's member or the University Management?*

As it is now, *majority of ASUU member have gone to Abuja and enrolled for the IPPIS because the deception is too much. No Government in the history of Nigeria is interested in education. So only sincerity of purpose, honesty and transparency on the side of ASUU would defeat them and not stupid pride and propaganda.*

If Nigerian Universities are winning research grants and doing the research, they would have solved their problems and earn more respect. Does it take new laboratory or office to put up an application for a good research?

*If ASUU had been encouraging good research, things would not have been this bad. You cannot help politicians to rig elections and expect them to respect you.*
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Benblaq(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2022
anonymuz:
they are still enjoying doing yahoo and olosho..leave them it's none of my business...I once faced it and we protested then....We just have insensitive government in power
This generalization is wrong.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by anonymuz(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Benblaq:
This generalization is wrong.
Thanks for making realising that fact. Some had ventured into that though.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Benblaq(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
Dr. Oboyi
Calabar..

Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Hier(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
Bbdiyya:

With your myopic thinking Osibanjo is part and parcel of Nigeria's problem

Osinbajo functions only if power is delegated to him

His office is to assist the president and act on behalf of the president if given the opportunity.

In my opinion, those opportunities are not given to him, hence, his hands are tied.

Shouldn't he have resigned??

Well, -1+1=0, I hope you understand. Osinbajo in the presidency is checkmating some extremist tendencies
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
Authoreety:
So buhari cannot just resign and let osibanjo take over for at least 5months...

So he dosn't know how useless he his?

This guy's useleness is more than useless

BUHARI GETTTTAAAAAATT

Is Osibaba better? Lobbish.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by hardbody: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

This No. 11. How ironic �

Bihari is not Nigerian, simply put.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by ayanbadejo68166: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nice one let hope agbados and cassavas thug won’t disrupt the peaceful protest.Nice one let hope agbados and cassavas thug won’t disrupt the peaceful protest....
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by hagjay(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
Wetin u Dey take flex on a normal day?

Normally na money oo
But today everywhere just dry �
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Indispensable85(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
NLC is dead.
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Jioke4life: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
paramboos:
I hope Nigerians will come out and protest like they did in 2012. This country is becoming unbearable. I just bought toothpaste this morning, guy l don't need to tell you the price. Look at the ASUU strike, the Government and the lecturers are not even close to agreement. People don't know what is going on in this Country, it will take a miracle for schools to resume this year. Wonders have actually ended my people.....
the same miracles Obi has been talking about
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
newcommer:

I know the answer. Politicians and people in power should stop stealing the money we already make. Maybe then, there will be more than enough to meet our needs.

But I'm not holding my breath. I expect you to still make more moronic posts in the future. Like they say, stupidity is infinite.

K
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
newcommer:

I know the answer. Politicians and people in power should stop stealing the money we already make. Maybe then, there will be more than enough to meet our needs.

But I'm not holding my breath. I expect you to still make more moronic posts in the future. Like they say, stupidity is infinite.

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
― Groucho Marx
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Chrisken433: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Boss @Idaytesj29's I've been tryna reach u since yesterday through emails but it's like u haven't seen it yet please i need to communicate with u
Re: ASUU Strike: NLC Solidarity Protests (Live Thread) by Chrisken433: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Idaytesj29:
Open a POS business today
Boss @Idaytesj29's I've been tryna reach u since yesterday through emails but it's like u haven't seen it yet please i need to communicate with u

Jonathan Calls Emergency FEC Meeting / Buhari Writes Senate For Confirmation Of 10 CCB Nominees / 31 Political Parties Endorse Ambode’s Reelection Bid

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50