Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record (45988 Views)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record / Paul Pogba 'Should Not Be Close' To PFA Team Of The Year- BBC Pundits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
KosiGee:

One thing that will help put this to rest is the commonwealth games that starts in a few days in Birmingham England.

If she prepare well, she will smash the time as well. I believe she will do that. We will witness another record smash.

Maybe if she smash her own record in the common wealth games, them naysayers will kuku kill themselves, awon bad belle gbogbo.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by virginchaser(m): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
Why is the commentator kept squandering the name by saying Amazon instead of Amusan.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by WantsandMore: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:
That record still look like fairytale to me I swear. That girl is a legend.

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy
Fitness Boss, she is quoted as saying sth. about technical part which obviously includes lots of factors; diet, breathing techniques, recovery excetera excetera, when someone works hard @ their game they naturally become goated. No cap.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Gbeng30(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
Well you better believe it, she has break the record and she is Nigeria the earlier you believe the better for you people.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ogbiwa: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
Bamz:
Ogbiwa

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting a misleading title. MJ questioned why so many PBs/NRs were broken plus Amusan's WR in the semis - that's for about 12 athletes. Surely that's unusual and could be due to poor laser calibration.

The track could be less than 100m too.

I read that it took 30 years for the womens world record in this event to go from 12.21 to 12.20 seconds. Now it has gone from 12.20 to 12.12 secs not even 12.19 or something close.

Amusan is one of our own but cancel culture must stop. MJ only made an observation as an expert.

Do you in your bid to find fault not go through what you want to say before saying? You've just repeated and confirmed all wordings used in the title in your own writing, according to the bolded, and yet the title is misleading? What exactly are you saying??
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Jaqenhghar: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:

I get your point bros but the truth remains that she won and smashed the record in front of the world's eye. Anybody with a theory of suspicion as regarding her win has to channel it through the appropriate means which is the World athletics organisation and allow them carry out their own investigation and reveal the findings. But coming online or as a pundit to say she won controversially reeks of envy and bad losers mentality. That's simply the way it looks
Well there will definitely be some envy drom many quarters and with the nonsense I see from so called sports pundits these days I am not surprised at their poor choice of words.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Techhybeam: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
She has set a great record. She has also given other. Athletes a serious headache to break her record.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by quickly: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Your inferiority complex is very alarming

So because we have a Buhari problem, we should not talk about World sports and athletes? Especially an athletes representing Nigeria? Your esteem is to low guy

And I don't care whether my comment is from whatever, I will support my own anywhere in the world, and I will continue to condemn nonsense when it is coming from a place of envy, jealousy and thoughtlessness

I don't care if the wind aided or not, that's their business, facts still remains that she won fair and square, end of

Michael Johnson is a NONENTITY, why are you all butthurt cos I called him that? He is a NONENTITY to me and it stands.

So many western asslickers on this forum it's alarming, dey no go ever send you, if you like stay in their country for 100yrs, dey no go ever regard you.

People like you are the problem of Nigeria. Always whining and crying, sentimental about the wrong thing. Ignoring facts but whining about sentiments and emotions

It’s like crying about an offside goal.

If you have been watching athletics for a while you will know wind aided happens.

Nothing to do with complex just facts. Ppl that measured the time said it has wind aided. So many world records have been revised due to wind aided. It happened to all top athletes but you ignoramus ppl because you have inferiority complex everything is racism to you.

In the world of athletics Michael Johnson is not a nonentity it’s like calling usain bolt a nonentity in track and field.

Apart from sentimental you are an ignoramus.

A dangerous combination
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Bamz(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
ogbiwa:

Do you in your bid to find fault not go through what you want to say before saying? You've just repeated and confirmed all wordings used in the title in your own writing, according to the bolded, and yet the title is misleading? What exactly are you saying??

If with all my corroborative statements, you still see no fault in the title but choose to cherrypick what you want to make your point, then I'm not sure we can have a conversation.

If the title read something like 'BBC Pundit Questions the Time Accuracy for Athletes at the 100m Hurdles', maybe it will capture things better but I guess that's not sensational enough.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by quickly: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Your inferiority complex is very alarming

So because we have a Buhari problem, we should not talk about World sports and athletes? Especially an athletes representing Nigeria? Your esteem is to low guy

And I don't care whether my comment is from whatever, I will support my own anywhere in the world, and I will continue to condemn nonsense when it is coming from a place of envy, jealousy and thoughtlessness

I don't care if the wind aided or not, that's their business, facts still remains that she won fair and square, end of

Michael Johnson is a NONENTITY, why are you all butthurt cos I called him that? He is a NONENTITY to me and it stands.

So many western asslickers on this forum it's alarming, dey no go ever send you, if you like stay in their country for 100yrs, dey no go ever regard you.

From all you wrote u know nothing about athletics. It’s so obvious you didn’t do athletics in ur primary or secondary school but u want they talk like say you sabi something but u are an ignoramus.

Don’t even talk about esteem what has that got to do with anything we are talking about.

Try to apply more facts over sentiments
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by SamOchuko: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:
Nobody checked her shoes. Stop being a victim
Read and comprehend what actually happened. It did not happen the way you are depicting it .
They questioned the timings of most people in that race because several people ran a time they had never run before
Several. Not only Amusan. They were not questioning just Amusan but the times for several others too which is unusual for so many people to run a personal best in one race. They are journalists and they did their job

Do you type because you believe you know and want to show off or what? Do you even read what you type? They did not question her shoes, she just explained’ what brought about the explanation? What prompted it? You’re quick to insult even when all you’re saying is gibberish, have a good day, don’t mention me again please.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Jaqenhghar: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Id*otic cessp*t of a slum, cheating is exactly what you mean smiley
Blah blah blah. Gibberish.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by WatchYourSix: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
00FFT00:

Do you see why Nigerian are always viewed as criminals?.

For a plot of land worth 10 million, you ask for a 10 percent deposit, then expect 90 percent or N9 million naira pain in 6 monthly tranches. Spread even, that will be N1,500,000 monthly, and in 6 successive months. In this Buhari Nigeria?.

Ain't you a Shylock?.

Lol...oga dey para...

That kind land na for people wey dey make millions in a month and may have 10million to drop at once.....people legitly make 2M -3M in this country ..no cap...
.if you know how much skit makers make from YouTube videos you go shock...
One of my guy for Belgium that plays video games and uploads it online makes a between above 2000 dollars just from views ...sapa no hold some people for this buhari era...
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by MohammedIUmar(f): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oyi no get sence. Instead of celebrating your fellow black African., you are challenging her
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Wwwq: 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
Haters
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by therajah: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
You guys have not seen anything yet. More pains coming on your heads!!!
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by tenpipsperday: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by AgentGoat: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
tenpipsperday:

Opera news? Lolz. Wake from your slumber

People like don't read or listen to news.

https://www.nairaland.com/6275843/yobe-indigene-umar-dagona-wins#96389627
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Cromagnon: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
dboo442:
Nigerian got talent.....I just pray for a better Nigeria, because I'm sick and tired of this country. Enough of failed politicians hype before her destiny start deteriorating Abeg!!
work and pray not pray and pray

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ZaddyJ: 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy

I swear my brother my thought too .....like they did to other black athletes before. But they will fail this time because Tobi didn't do this alone she has got God's backing
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ofuonyebi: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
whether they believe it or not ...
whether they like it or not
ALL they British, Canadian & so called great American sprinters has licked the boot of Nigerias Legend Amusan
in the 2023 100meters hurdles

Let them continue to wail and shed their crocodiles tears
this does not change the world record set by our idol

It only proves that in many endeavours of life 9ja is better than the so called Oyinbos if they can decide to take their rightful place
i see this as a record that cannot be broken for 20-yrs!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Thomasankara(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mastakija:
They should update Google already cheesy
Abi wetin i dey miss for here cheesy

Bros, this one na for 100m hurdles o, e be like say u don dey search spoil cheesy grin wink cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Poleski: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
Of course, racists will also do their thing.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by nighthawk1: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
So because its an African and a Nigerian, you all are shocked. Well that is why its a new record so we can understand your shock.

I'm happy its wind legal otherwise your racist tendencies would have made you seek cancellation.

She worked hard, gave her best and broke the record.

Congratulations dear girl. Proudly Nigerian and African.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by VanuatuWycombe: 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pristine664:

Expect the white racists to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy

Dem fit don go her domot dis early momo today go collect her piss and poupou for testing. Dem go even collect her early morning yawning join.

‘’We Against The West.’’
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by AlphaTaikun: 12:56am On Jul 28, 2022
ogbiwa:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/womens-hurdles-world-record-championships-27566613
The tartan track was fast and 'Tobi too was prepared... Boom! grin

Congrats to the golden girl!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa To Open Sports Centre In Kaduna (Video, Photos) / Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.