Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record (45992 Views)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record / Paul Pogba 'Should Not Be Close' To PFA Team Of The Year- BBC Pundits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Invest4growth: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
The winning surprised them. They lost money is bets. They never expected it. They will soon discover cheese in her system
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by VISTIN(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2022
That girl should be careful of what she drinks and eat this time.
Some persons may drug her drink and raise alarm for her to be subjected to series of drug tests
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Bamz(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2022
Ogbiwa

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting a misleading title. MJ questioned why so many PBs/NRs were broken plus Amusan's WR in the semis - that's for about 12 athletes. Surely that's unusual and could be due to poor laser calibration.

The track could be less than 100m too.

I read that it took 30 years for the womens world record in this event to go from 12.21 to 12.20 seconds. Now it has gone from 12.20 to 12.12 secs not even 12.19 or something close.

Amusan is one of our own but cancel culture must stop. MJ only made an observation as an expert.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by skywalker240(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2022
Bloody bastards
if she was a brit, the hype would have been out of this world
brits are brits. Football or athletics
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2022
Beautiful lady, thanks for making us proud, don't mind the haters.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by blazetour1: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2022
They never see anything. My " gal" you made us proud to be Nigerian.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:
You have no evidence for that. Nigeria is too big to be playing victim.

This is just pandering to base sentiment. Do you really understand the issue. Of course we must support our own rationally not emotionally
So first we must listen and understand what is being said. Nobody has it in for Nigeria. If anything, Nigerians are their worst enemies. I am old enough to remember how the World Celebrated us for winning football gold medal in Atlanta
In that race Not just the winner but several others ran PERSONAL BESTS and those times not just for the winner are being doubted. It does not mean they are correct but it is a legitimate doubt.
There are rules about wind speed but the authorities have ruled the wind speed was legal so we must leave
The thing about racism or prejudice is even if you suspect it you have to learn to keep quiet if you have no evidence otherwise you end up looking churlish
Here they were questioning the times not only of the winner

My u

Shut up there!!! I've always known you are a western asslicking -0 esteem d*ngb*t, no wonder you live there, of course you will support them.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Raylight2(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Painment

Painmentation grin
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2022
Bamz:
Ogbiwa

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting a misleading title. MJ questioned why so many PBs/NRs were broken plus Amusan's WR in the semis - that's for about 12 athletes. Surely that's unusual and could be due to poor laser calibration.

The track could be less than 100m too.

I read that it took 30 years for the womens world record in this event to go from 12.21 to 12.20 seconds. Now it has gone from 12.20 to 12.12 secs not even 12.19 or something close.

Amusan is one of our own but cancel culture must stop. MJ only made an observation as an expert.
The sad thing is many young people are too lazy to read they just start ranting racism, hatred blablabla

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Raylight2(m): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2022
Antimarraige:
Painment grin

Painmentationalism grin
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by phemmyfour: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:
That record still look like fairytale to me I swear. That girl is a legend.

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy
she did 12:42 to win the diamond league years ago.

Jumping 12secs isn't the issue but to reduce
the subs secs to .12 and later to .06 is their headache
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2022
As for that Michael Johnson, everybody knows he's a compound egoistic daft fool, same guy that spits fire if the spotlight is not on him,

And like I always say, most western blacks are Continental foolish racists, they hate to see and hear good news from Africa cos it hurt them so bad, fools.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by chypotenti(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2022
Because of say na Black woman!!!! Racist's everywhere.... Tobi go still do more!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by phemmyfour: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:
As for that Michael Johnson, everybody knows he's a compound egoistic daft fool, same guy that spits fire if to the spotlight is not on him,

And like I always say, most western blacks are Continental foolish racists, they hate to see and hear good news from Africa cos it hurt them so bad, fools.
It's unfortunate that it's coming from a black American
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Boyooosa(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2022
All these racists don start, see headline,,, after world record haS been destroyed

Their MOTHER!
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Boyooosa(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2022
All these racists don start, see headline,,,

Their MOTHER!

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by SamOchuko: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:
Nobody checked her shoes. Stop being a victim
Read and comprehend what actually happened. It did not happen the way you are depicting it .
They questioned the timings of most people in that race because several people ran a time they had never run before
Several. Not only Amusan. They were not questioning just Amusan but the times for several others too which is unusual for so many people to run a personal best in one race. They are journalists and they did their job

Thank you voltron, defender of the whole universe, read again and come tell me they didn’t say that her shoes was meant for a longer race and she had to defend her using it, please upload a report where they’ve questioned the timing of other world record breakers before Amusans since you believe I’m playing the victim.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by kingmsookwagh(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2022
That's how they will get stunned when Peter obi wins the 2023 general election.

Àwòn omo jàtijàti...

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by quickly: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If a British or Jamaican had smashed the record they would praise her for being a legend. But a Nigerian has done it and because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that something legendary can come out of Nigeria, they've brought out their empty pundit English to analyze emptiness. Don't just let Nigerians swear for you guys. This is one thing that has given the nation joy recently in the midst of all we're passing through so let us enjoy our girl in peace plix angry

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. They won't be celebrating Amusan today if she was always playing second fiddle to her western opponents.

Nigerians are one of the most sensitive emotional and insecure ppl in the world.

You ppl think too highly or too lowly of urself.

See as they are whining online like they always do.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Ola4lead(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
All is mad and stupid pink people calming white that called themselves journalists….

They are all bad belle, na thunder go fire una
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by codemaniacs: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2022
KosiGee:

There was no racism in the broadcast. I watched the race and I have it on record as well, I’ve watched that race many times since.

I didn’t see any indication of racist commentary, there were all blacks with the exception of Jessica Ennis. It’s silly to even mention racism here but there clearly was bias. They were doubtful of the timing when Amusan ran 12:12. Surprise, shock and disbelief captured their initial reaction. It wasn’t expected, however after the initial bleep about timing, they started to praise her but with some reservations.

Johnson looked at the race again and saw that Harrison, the former world champion with a personal best of 12:20 ran a good race but was given a good gap by Amusan.

I think the shock and doubt were as result of certain inconsistency in Amusan’s time. They expected a smooth transition from her 12:40 during the heat to maybe 12:35, 12:30, 12:28 etc….but Amusan transited from 12:40 to a surprising 12:12 hence the doubts about the time. If Kendra Harrison or Camacho Quin had ran 12:12, I don’t think a few eyebrows would’ve been raised because they have had some consistencies with the times and winnings. No one would expect Amusan to run at such pace…

Even in the finals, Amusan’s odd to win was 21/20. That would’ve made me some money. . I lost money on Camacho Quin. A bet on Amusan with a reasonable sum would’ve made anyone rich….I screen shot this days before the race.

When it's the same race it's trib:alism but racism can also be used because Whoo:pi Gol:dberg came under fire for saying what happened to Je:ws wasn't as a result of racism.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by codemaniacs: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:
There is NO EVIDENCE of racism. Michael Johnson is very black
This statement is what smacks of low self esteem.

With racism you MUST have evidence otherwise you end up sounding foolish.

I do not see any hatred or racism at all. She ran a race and not only her but several of her competitors ran PERSONAL BESTS so there is nothing wrong in raising doubt. If anything raising doubt HELPS HER because after the scrutiny if her record is upheld then her position is stronger.

It is subtle racism.

When it's the same race it's trib:alism but racism can also be used because Whoo:pi Gol:dberg came under fire for saying what happened to Jews wasn't as a result of racism.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by quickly: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:
As for that Michael Johnson, everybody knows he's a compound egoistic daft fool, same guy that spits fire if to the spotlight is not on him,

What if it was wind aided, do you have equipment to verify?

U ppl have misplaced priorities

Michael Johnson is a paid pundit to give his opinion as an ex athlete.

I don’t know why it hurts you ppl feelings
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by codemaniacs: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
xeju:

But Michael Johnson is black na

When it's the same race it's trib:alism but racism can also be used because Whoo:pi Gol:dberg came under fire for saying what happened to Jews wasn't as a result of racism.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by omojeesu(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2022
KingKO22:
Had it been it was won by US, Jamaica or GBR we won't be discussing about doubt or effect of wind.

Hypocrits

The others ran with different winds.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2022
It's paining them because they know her record cannot be broken in the next 40years cheesy

Toby Amusan is going to be the world best for a very long time cheesy

Congrats to her kiss

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
SamOchuko:

Thank you voltron, defender of the whole universe, read again and come tell me they didn’t say that her shoes was meant for a longer race and she had to defend her using it, please upload a report where they’ve questioned the timing of other world record breakers before Amusans since you believe I’m playing the victim.
She did not have to defend it, she EXPLAINED . That is just journalism telling a story giving details.
Is there any suggestion that the shoes give an advantage? Rather it is the opposite. The shoes if anything are a disadvantage. Because you are too lazy to engage your mind you just jump to bizarre conclusions
If you can run without shoes or with football boots that is your choice. Of course if you turn up with high heel shoes journalists will ask questions. There is nothing sinister in that. If people observe something unusual they will ask questions
First they did not question ONLY her time they questioned SO MANY records in one race

So you show us a race where many people run a personal best and journalist did not ask questions
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by snoopz: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
Fucking racists
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2022
quickly:

What if it was wind aided, do you have equipment to verify?

U ppl have misplaced priorities

Michael Johnson is a paid pundit to give his opinion as an ex athlete.

I don’t know why it hurts you ppl feelings

Is it not the same wind that aided the rest? Abi did the wind specifically chose Amusan to help her? Wind get favorite ni? They should go and use their equipment to question the wind na, nonsense and ingredients

Michael Johnson is a nonentity that says things to cause controversy just to be in the spotlight, the fool misses his glory days, so he will say anything to be seen as relevant.

And yes it hurts our feelings because if it was their own people that won, they would not cast aspersions on the rare feat, imagine them complaining about her shoes, grasping on straws to taint her, black fools.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2022
codemaniacs:

It is subtle racism.

If it is subtle that means it cannot be proved it is just your opinion which I respect but do not share. Michael Johnson is black most of the athletes were black Also the previous record holder is black
The times of other athletes were questioned as well not just Amusan's and most of them were black
This is an event that blacks dominate

This has nothing to do with the Whoopi Goldberg that is irrelevant
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by VEHINTOLAR: 11:01am On Jul 26, 2022
They can say whatever they like,it changes nothing ! YORUBA to the world !
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Is it not the same wind that aided the rest? Abi did the wind specifically chose Amusan to help her? Wind get favorite ni? They should go and use their equipment to question the wind na, nonsense and ingredients

Michael Johnson is a nonentity that says things to cause controversy just to be in the spotlight, the fool misses his glory days, so he will say anything to be seen as relevant.

And yes it hurts our feelings because if it was their own people that won, they would not cast aspersions on the rare feat, imagine them complaining about her shoes, grasping on straws to taint her, black fools.
Michael Johnson is not a nonentity. He is a legend A man with 4 Olympic Gold medals and 8 World Championship Gold medals and several World records Gold medals cannot be called a nonentity
Who are YOU to call him a nonentity. Who knows you and what have you achieved?
Did you actually take time to study what he said?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa To Open Sports Centre In Kaduna (Video, Photos) / Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Argentina Vs Nigeria, Lessons Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.