Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi (38008 Views)

CBN Should Ensure The Availability Of New Naira Notes To Nigerians - Peter Obi / Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct / Your Defection Has No Value To Nigerians – Peter Obi To Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
sonso:

And infrastructure does not aim development.

Of what use is infrastructure without an empowered populace...

You have Tinapa dead today, is that not infrastructure?.. how many could afford to keep it a going concern?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Amalekki: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
Why all these unwarranted attacks on Obi? Can’t a leader present teasing facts, back it up with clear figures, and ask us to go and verify again? He was only teaching us to always verify facts. This is free national training for everyone. A very appreciative Nairalander living in the village already thanked Obi for making his likes know about NBA. This singular act is worthy of a national award.

They call him a liar, I call him a professor of the deep who uses statistics to build the intellectual capacity of our people. He uses statistical parables to communicate with the deep. Unless you understand Chinese mathematics, you need to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by nnamdi640: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
The God of this land we called Nigeria will never forgive Tinubu's urchins. How will one be so clueless to the point of supporting a man as Tinubu as president, hope they have seen his present picture of the person they want to vote for a sick drug baron and also a confirmed criminal
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Famous606: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
The problem with most Nigerians is that they don't like fact and they are also too slow to understand ones write up because they don't read to understand.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by pinkgoodies(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
OKOATA:
Mr man bring out your candidate for a 5 minutes interview, what OBI said is actually true of you check the root and genesis of NBA players, more than 100 Nigerians have played for the NBA so far, he might not have said it in the right way but google is your friend.

"Who never fu*k up hands in the air. "

Na who never Bleep up, give us buhari weh dey dia. I follow NBA, I play BBall, i also watch most matches. He said shit. Is better pple keep quite on tyns dey don't have idea about. Yes, my candidate might not be popular, but he only speaks what he has knowledge on. I urge PO to tow same line. Adieu

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by 9gerian: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ah! shocked

tony0806:
Yes he lied. But at least he made us to understand that we have Nigerians in the NBA. Sincerely I didn't even know we had a single Nigerian there

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by GeneralPula: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
OKOATA:
Mr man bring out your candidate for a 5 minutes interview, what OBI said is actually true of you check the root and genesis of NBA players, more than 100 Nigerians have played for the NBA so far, he might not have said it in the right way but google is your friend.

"Who never fu*k up hands in the air. "

"Who never fu*k up hands in the air.[/b]Lol, all cuz of Peter obi. I’m sure you’ll never say this if nah Buhari..

[b]what OBI said is actually true of you check the root and genesis of NBA players, more than 100 Nigerians have played for the NBA so far

You’re starting to sound like Obi. You think NBA is football? The first ever Nigerian USA NBA player is Al-Farouq Aminu and was born in 1990. He became a NBA player in 2010... So, you’re far from the truth..

Get informed plz..
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Houstency(m): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
See what Agbado merchants have turned campaign into? Holding on to chaff while leaving substance. Forgetting that your candidate is a drug lord, and has alot of bargages and has refused to face the masses he needs their votes. Urchins would never learn!

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by tony0806: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Anybodie:

You must have been living under a rock �

angry I have 0% interest for basketball
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by rollywise(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Before nko?

Na Brazen Liar He be

Just wait till his zombies get here, they will even argue you got it wrong intentionally because you are a tribalistic bigot, then they begin to throw the term 'URCHIN/URCHINS' about!

grin grin cheesy cheesy

You are stylishly insulting him o grin, and yes..... You be zombie grin grin
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Live or not doesn't matter much, it is still the same person talking. Osinbajo was my best choice, but I hardly have a prefered candidate right now. First because I started losing hope in Obi after digging a little about him and listening to him. He reminds me so much of Buhari in 2014/15. He's definitely better than Buhari but I don't see him as someone smart and experienced enough to produce any visible change.

Secondly, I already know that no president can change Nigeria much unless we change our ideology and mentality. Nigeria's problem is deeply systemic andd has little to do with who is in power. If we get a president who can open the eyes of people to this, good. But it will require a lot of time and span many administrations. The decades it took for Nigeria to disintegrate to how it is now, it will take double that time with continous hardwork and investment to bring us back. Obi is talking as if this is not the case, like he has a magic wand to develop Nigeria under three years. I see that as innocent deception. He deceived himself first and now he's deceiving others unknowingly.

Anyone willing can change Nigeria.. willing to cut governance cost, willing to get everyone working no matter how high and mighty. That eradicates corruption, brings about voluntary tax paying citizens and you have a system that works. Nigeria working is not rocket science, we only need a leader that is willing to call anyone bluff and focus on Nigeria. You had a worthy candidate in Osinbajo that didnt make the cut because some ill-informed 2000 delegates followed their bellies on behalf of 200m citizens.. that is a warped system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Facts blown out of proportion aren’t facts anymore, they’re distorted facts, and that’s putting it nicely; they’re lies actually

Are we not happy we have an aspirant willing to even tell us in figures our actual reality.. if we actually have an accurate figure, we would find out our figures are much worse than Obi even portrays... we should be happy we are not left between the devil and the deep sea like it always had been.
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by tony0806: 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
GeneralPula:

Shows you’re not familiar with NBA. It’s the highest paid sport in the world. More than football. You should go to google and enlighten yourself.

You’ll even realize yourself that truly, Peter obi lies. There’s nothing like at least because he wasn’t under duress. If you wanna show yourself, show yourself positively and not some jargons thinking all Nigerians are dumb..

You are right. He's human. Other presidential candidates should show up for interviews na
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Chosimba:

Rubbish talk. If someone makes an error, correct him, don't make excuses. This is the problem with Nigerians supporting politicians. You are ready to make excuses for them when they make gaffes and will later complain when they enter power...

There is no excuse... 100 of 150 players is the least of Nigeria's concern.. i think we are lucky we have an aspirant exposing us to these figures, many would think Nigeria NBA dream died after Olajuwon. If not Obi, how many other aspirants even have that knowledge?.
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by adioolayi(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Esseite:
A simple google search would show you in the 2020 NBA draft of the world, Nigeria had a whooping record breaking 8 draft, 5 in 2017 That is the fact Obi was pointing out. He was clamouring on the zeal of the youths and brain drain currently happening.

Now, Has your candidate shown anything of concern about Nigeria other than corn and cassava.. infact, he said the FX is not his problem as long as salaries are paid in naira.. its horrible knowing some persons fight really hard to destroy their future. It quite unfortunate that our futures are intertwined with these lots through a common leader.

Don't defend nonsense...if he is not certain, he should not quote figures.

There is nothing wrong in saying Nigeria Youths are in NBA..but backing it up with unfounded , bogus statistics is all shades of wrong...

Just look at the statement about 100 In every 150 Haba....when the entire enlisted Nigerians to have ever be in NBA since inception no reach 40.

He is not making analogy...he was reeling out false claims and it didn't start yesterday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by tony0806: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
ALISMILE:
How will you know when dumbness is ringing bell upadan.
Sadly most of you folks supporting obi have never a bridge outside your village.

No p. Smartness is ringing bell on you. Bring yours to do live interviews let's hear. Both in channels and arise tv
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Dagenius53: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
Deleted
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by olabodejinad: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
Esseite:
A simple google search would show you in the 2020 NBA draft of the world, Nigeria had a whooping record breaking 8 draft, 5 in 2017 That is the fact Obi was pointing out. He was clamouring on the zeal of the youths and brain drain currently happening.

Now, Has your candidate shown anything of concern about Nigeria other than corn and cassava.. infact, he said the FX is not his problem as long as salaries are paid in naira.. its horrible knowing some persons fight really hard to destroy their future. It quite unfortunate that our futures are intertwined with these lots through a common leader.

The highest drafted Nigerian ever was Hakeem in 1984, same draft that brought Jordan and Barkley. He was drafted first overall
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Obidient4life2: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Esseite:

I feel what he intended to say is 100 out of 150 African American NBA players are Nigerians. Truth be told that is most likely considering a lot of them don't like associating with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by obailala(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
The message he passed is very clear to every discerning and unprejudiced minds. There's a large number of Nigerians playing in that and otber leagues.
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by einsteine(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
How Peter Obi fans cannot see that they are basically 2022 version of Buharideens is beyond me?

Imagine someone saying Obi didn't lie but only made a false claim.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Handsum64: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
Who doesn't know that Peter China Obi is an irresponsible liar

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by kenchop: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
MR FACT CHECK IS IT ONLY PO MATTERS YOU CHECK , OR YOU ARE JUST OBSESSED WITH THE MAN COS HE PROLLY GIVES YOU AMD YOUR PAYERS SLEEPLESS NIGHT'S.
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by clockwisereport: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oyome:

Why are some of you on this app like this? How can you be calling me fraudster when you don't know me I don't know you. Have I fraud you before? Is it a sin to beg for help? People beg for help here everyday so what is my own crime?

Shut up. We know you more than you know yourself. You are a big fraudster. Idiot
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by maasoap(m): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
OKOATA:
angry
I have been seeing this rubbish on facebook too, this is why urchins are happy, its obvious OBi isnt conversant with basketball, what OBi said is what we call an innocent lie moreover what has this rubbish gat to do with his ambition.
So because peter Obi goofed on this I should vote Tinubu or Atiku abi? If Obi lied so be it, who has never lied amongst your candidate should come out, even the rubbish urchin that pushed this to front page has your darling BAT come out for any Interview?

We are talking about National politics these dumbos are talking about NBA, what has this rubbish stats help solve Nigerians problem, is it NBA that will change our nation Nigeria?
If e sure for urchins urge your Tinubu make e come interview if e sure for am? Awon omo ase.

Rubbish news. angry

Obi had always been a manufacturer of lies from time immemorial. That's what we've been telling you guys grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Ikpewe: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
tony0806:
Yes he lied. But at least he made us to understand that we have Nigerians in the NBA. Sincerely I didn't even know we had a single Nigerian there
u re dumb
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by maasoap(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
Esseite:

Like Obi, like his online fans, lol.
Are you a spinning doctor by the way?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
olabodejinad:

The highest drafted Nigerian ever was Hakeem in 1984, same draft that brought Jordan and Barkley. He was drafted first overall

Bro... research.. we have had better numbers..
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by maasoap(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
tony0806:
Yes he lied. But at least he made us to understand that we have Nigerians in the NBA .

No, he didn't. We have always known that already.

Sincerely I didn't even know we had a single Nigerian there
And people like you are the one telling people to vote Obi, that he's the best? You are not even informed despite having online presence

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
adioolayi:

Don't defend nonsense...if he is not certain, he should not quote figures.

There is nothing wrong in saying Nigeria Youths are in NBA..but backing it up with unfounded , bogus statistics is all shades of wrong...

Just look at the statement about 100 In every 150 Haba....when the entire enlisted Nigerians to have ever be in NBA since inception no reach 40.

He is not making analogy...he was reeling out false claims and it didn't start yesterday.

"Out of 150 African American NBA players almost 100 are Nigerians"... i think if you read the sentence right from another perspective, he might be right.
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by Xfemt(m): 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Esseite:

my brother I pray neither atiku or Peter win
Let tinubu wins

This was my prayer when buhari contested in 2015
Where re we now

My visa re ready
My passport is ready
I’ll be in Chicago and in 10years I will move my families all to the USA or Europe

Live them let them keep fooling them selves
Re: Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi by maasoap(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
AchichaMmuo:
I'm very much OBIdient, but it's about time he stops with reeling out all these figures. And his recent interview with channels TV, I wasn't much impressed.
Tellwhat:
I was watching it live. When he said that e shock me and I knew he bleeped up right there
I guess it was an error. He should take it easy with all the statistics and dropping numbers here and there

E go soon clear for una eyes that he has nothing to offer. It has started already.

He's still the best choice though

Based on your sentiment, right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki: 8 Key Projects That Define His Term In Office / 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents / Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.