Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos (6123 Views)

Tinubu scores once again as Fashola emerge SGF / Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday / Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by seguno2: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2011
hercules07:

Can Segun02 tell us the inflation rate compared to Jakande's time, while he is at it, can he tell us the exchange rate as well?

the increase inflation and exchange rates you are asking for are not only for the government so they can increase their revenue. it also affects the people paying the taxes and earning lower REAL wages.
while LASG has increased revenue by multiple times over inflation and exchange rates since 1983 it has not increased workers salary by the same % so the workers are much more worse off than they were in 1983 while the politicians are much better off.
A simple case of robbing Peter (the masses) to pay Paul(the politicians) hence increased delinquency and criminality with low productivity and high unemployment.

One area that Fashhola done well is in the area of potable water provisioning through the establishment of mini water works.

You mean in some very few select areas of the Island like Ikoyi & VI?
Most parts of Lagos do not know that Fashola exists as far as provision of potable water is concerned. In fact it is one of the many areas where he has performed woefully compared to Jakande.
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by Akanniade(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
What of the sponsored pilgrimmages?
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:14am On Aug 03, 2011
seguno2:

You mean in some very few select areas of the Island like Ikoyi & VI?
Most parts of Lagos do not know that Fashola exists as far as provision of potable water is concerned. In fact it is one of the many areas where he has performed woefully compared to Jakande.

It beats me why ignorant people like you with zero knowledge about anything Lagos and Fashola get on NL to display your lack of knowledge about what you are running your mouth about.

Lagos state government not only built 15 water works, they build a 12 mw power station from scratch to supply power to the main water works.

In the history of our country, I dare you to show me any such commitment regarding portable water supply.

I'll also expose your ignorance by highlighting the fact that nearly all the new water works are on the mainland and not anywhere close to the Ikoyo or VI that many of you ignorant and clueless people like you love to run your mouth about.

Lagos To Get 30 Million Gallons Of Water Daily Soon
…As Fashola commissions two mini water works in Mende and Magodo

Jan 21, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday commissioned two mini water works located at Mende, Maryland and Magodo in Kosofe Local Government with a firm commitment that 30 million gallons of water would soon be delivered to the people from the 15 mini water works being constructed across the State.

According to Governor Fashola who spoke while commissioning the two mini water works that will deliver two million gallons of water each, eight of the mini water works have been fully completed and are being handed over to the people of the communities where they are located beginning with Magodo and Mende.

He added that the remaining seven are also at different stages of completion across the State with all of them scheduled for delivery in the next few weeks as part of the short term plan of providing water for the populace.

The Governor also said the new 15 mini water works in addition to providing 30 million gallons of water to the people of Lagos daily would also each come with five kilometre reticulation to aid the distribution of the water.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:16am On Aug 03, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Four Major Projects, Affirms That There Is No Alternative To ACN

Feb 10, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday handed over four major projects, namely a Home and Clinic for the Physically Challenged Children in Owode Orile, a Mini Water Works with 2 million gallons capacity in Ikorodu and two Rural Electrification projects in Olorunshogo and Abule Ijede, affirming that there is no alternative to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) anymore.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:20am On Aug 03, 2011

Fashola Commisisons Okota-Itire Overhead Bridge, 3 Other Major Projects
…Says every part of Lagos will be a Centre of prosperity

May 11, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday handed over four major projects, assuring the people of Lagos that if they continue to give their mandate to the party of ideas, the Action Congress, everything would be possible in Lagos.

Governor Fashola who spoke at the different handing over ceremonies of a Mini- Water Works with a capacity for three million gallons of water daily at Ajegunle, Apapa Central Business District network of major roads as well as the Okota- Itire Overhead Link bridge and road works connecting seven local Governments added that the administration wants to ensure that every part of Lagos State is a centre of prosperity.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:25am On Aug 03, 2011
Fashola Hands Over 10th Mini-Water Works In Ojokoro

Feb 21, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Monday commissioned the Ojokoro Mini-Water Works in Ojokoro Local Council Development Area saying his administration has, once again kept its promise to the people as a product of the Action Congress of Nigeria, a Party that makes promises and keeps them.

Addressing a large crowd of residents of the area consisting of traditional rulers, members of Community Development Associations, party leaders and government officials, among others, Governor Fashola itemized some of the promises kept to include, finding permanent solution to the power problem in Iju and Adiyan Water Works and short term solution to the nagging problem of water supply in the State.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:25am On Aug 03, 2011

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:31am On Aug 03, 2011
Fashola Commissions More Waterworks, Maternal Child Care Centre

Fashola Commissions More Waterworks, Maternal Child Care Centre
…Says No School Child Will Sit On The Floor In Lagos By End Of 2010

Feb 9, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday handed over the 100-Bed capacity Maternal and Child Care Centre, Isolo, the two million gallons per day Mini Water Works at Isheri -Osun and inspected the first batch of procured desks and chairs for public schools in the State.

According to Governor Fashola who spoke during an inspection of newly procured desks and chairs for public secondary schools at the Millennium Secondary School, Ojodu, the state has already handed over 4000 of such desks and chairs out of the expected 99,057 for primary schools and 67, 572 for secondary schools. He declared that before the end of year 2010 no child in any public school in Lagos State will sit on the floor.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:33am On Aug 03, 2011

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:36am On Aug 03, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Eight Roads, 2million Gallons Water Works
…Says Adiyan Phase 2 with 75 Million gallons water a day capacity is coming

May 25, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday handed over eight major roads and a two million gallon capacity Water Works to the people, promising that the phase two of the Adiyan Mini Water Works with a capacity for 75 million gallons of water a day is on the way.

Governor Fashola who spoke at Meiran in continuation of his delivery of dividends of democracy to the people of Lagos where he handed over a two million gallon capacity Mini Water Works said the phase two is expected to complement the water output at the Adiyan one Waterworks.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:40am On Aug 03, 2011
Feb 11, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Friday said Lagos is the centre of domestic solutions to Nigeria's problems and should be regarded as the model making State of Excellence for solutions to the nation's challenges.

Governor Fashola who spoke in Badore in continuation of his delivery of democratic dividends with the handing over of Olomu Community and Gbara Senior Secondary Schools in Gbara and Olomu Communities respectively in Eti Osa and another two million gallons capacity Mini Water Works in Badore, said Lagos State Government will continue to provide home grown businesses, ideas and solutions.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:45am On Aug 03, 2011
Fashola Hands Over 12.45 MW IPP Powerplant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks

Fashola Hands Over 12.45 MW IPP Powerplant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks
…Says Lagos will surpass MDGs as another Maternal Centre is commissioned

Mar 4, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday handed over the 12.45 MW capacity Independent Power Plant (IPP) that would facilitate the pumping of an additional 130 million gallon of water from the Iju and Adiyan waterworks to the supply stock of Lagos State.

According to Governor Fashola, who spoke at the Iju location of the powerplant, the Adiyan and Iju water works which has an installed capacity of 115million gallons of water daily but has been producing at only 39percent of installed capacity has increased to 85 percent.

He explained that in the last few weeks, since the test running started on the facility, many parts of the state like Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Yaba, Surulere and Iju are already reporting improved pressure of water as it is now running on four full turbines.

Governor Fashola added that the powerplant which is expected to operate for at least 20 hours daily will enable Lagos save 27percent of the cost of power source by shifting from diesel to gas which is about 591 million annually.

Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:51am On Aug 03, 2011
badesco:

@ Eko ile. It's really not by force to live in Lagos you know.

So you mean, even those that are born and bread in  Lagos should live Lagos for where? always think before you speak. it is an advice.

Lagosian or not, if Lagos is not cutting it for you, move your a/s/s to the best place of comfort for you and your family, normal people do this all the time. You are in control of your life.

Crying and yelling on the internet like a little baby is utterly redundant.
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by blank(f): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2011
I used to beaf Fashola that he was not doing enough roads but i have to admit that i have overlooked the wonderful things he is doing. I have noticed that once a big pot hole comes up on a road that they have made, within a reasonable time, the road is repaired. Kudos to Fashola for that.
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by seguno2: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ eko Ile,

Thanks for all the propaganda photos of COMMISSIONED mini water works etc. I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention anything about the increased individual tax/levy burden on Lgosians under Tinubu and Fashola for media-enlarged cosmetic development that is not felt by the people in their everyday life.
Simple question:

Why are people still building INDIVIDUAL boreholes for their houses all over Lagos, including Ikeja that is the seat of government so they can have CONSTANT supply of potable water

Eko Ile:

Lagosian or not, if Lagos is not cutting it for you, move your a/s/s to the best place of comfort for you and your family, normal people do this all the time. You are in control of your life.

Crying and yelling on the internet like a little baby is utterly redundant.

I am sure you also know it is not by force to lead Lagosians if you cannot perform EXCELLENTLY. BAT and BRF can also get packing to their states of ORIGIN, like Tinubu's former commissioner for works, Aregbesola has done by going back to Osun State.
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2011
seguno2:

@ eko Ile,

Thanks for all the propaganda photos of COMMISSIONED mini water works etc. I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention anything about the increased individual tax/levy burden on Lgosians under Tinubu and Fashola for media-enlarged cosmetic development that is not felt by the people in their everyday life.
Simple question:

Why are people still building INDIVIDUAL boreholes for their houses all over Lagos, including Ikeja that is the seat of government so they can have CONSTANT supply of potable water

I am sure you also know it is not by force to lead Lagosians if you cannot perform EXCELLENTLY. BAT and BRF can also get packing to their states of ORIGIN, like Tinubu's former commissioner for works, Aregbesola has done by going back to Osun State.

It's always the same sad story with you people. When your lies are busted and you are confronted with facts, you dance around and call everything propaganda. This is either ignorance, idiocy, absurdity or just just another senseless and baseless rant.

You are right, it is not by force to govern Lagos, but 82% voting Lagosians obviously believed that Fashola did a great job managing their lives and looking out for them and they responded by sending him back to Alausa, their judgment matters, not yours and your gross internet display of ignorance.

I care less about your silly and misguided rubbish about tax burden. Taxing is part of life in any society, money doesn't drop from heaven straight inside the government's bank account to build roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, pay teachers, pay nurses and doctors, road sweepers, pay utilities, vendors and so on.

Clowns like you run your mouth on NL about how this and that is bad in Lagos state, but you have not contributed anything in your life to better anybody's life, talk less the future and betterment of Lagosians.

You can cry and yell as much as you want, 82% Lagos electorates spoke loud and clear when the sent gave Fashola a land slide victory by sending him back to Alausa so you are just another irrelevant loud mouth.

Now about ignorant claims.

1. You lied by claiming that the state's water provisions are only centered in VI and Ikoyi

2. You lied by claiming that Lagos state failed in terms of water provision.

3. I really enjoy busting you people and your dumb lies, it gives me a lot of pleasure.

Now, I need you to pay attention to my dare. I need you to show us any similar effort staged by any other state government in Nigerian and even the federal government in terms of water production including building a dedicated power plant to provide uninterrupted power supply to water works.

The fact is, people like you are behave like sadists, you see everything in terms of doom and gloom.
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by seguno2: 12:00am On Aug 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Now, I need you to pay attention to my dare. I need you to show us any similar effort staged by any other state government in Nigerian and even the federal government in terms of water production including building a dedicated power plant to provide uninterrupted power supply to water works.

sorry mr. eko ile, BRF and BAT propaganda master, this is NOT about other state governments and federal. It is about Fashola's mediocre (average) performance while claiming excellence and increasing the individual tax burden of Lagosians to please Tinubu's greedy gluttony!!!

The fact is, people like you are behave like sadists, you see everything in terms of doom and gloom.

and what are you looking for in asking about other states and federal matters if not the same doom and gloom of your imagined sadists
Re: As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:56am On Aug 04, 2011
I was expecting you to at least defend your lies and stupidity with facts, not to spew the same poinless and idiotic rubbish.

Lying is evil you dum.b a,s,s.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Mega Mansion And Estate Video:Emefiele Mansion Vs Oshiomhole Mansion / Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.