Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine (30928 Views)

CONGRATS!! You Are Man United New Manager,what Will Do To Get Them Winning Again / Messi's 7th Golden Boot, Cr7's 6th UCL & Records That Can Be Broken This Season / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2022
Roodez:
It's sportwomanship actually cool
have at back of mind That I want you grin
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
Poor journalism, the new world record is 12:06 not 12:12. Amusan 12:12 was set in the semis.

The write up is half baked

Don't rush to say something is half-baked.
Use Google and get updated.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by vee22: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
Poor journalism, the new world record is 12:06 not 12:12. Amusan 12:12 was set in the semis.

The 12.06 was not accepted because it was wind assisted so 12.12 is her world record
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2022
victorsola:
signed to adidas but wearing Nike. I don’t follow
That pix is an old one.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by victorsola: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2022
fergie001:
That pix is an old one.
that was the recent picture of the day she won the record it’s not old .
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by vee22: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2022
NotKnown:
But the unknown black hater Johnson Dr cap nonsense.
don't blame him he is an experienced champ in the track and field and knows that you don't just wake up one day and improve your speed by a large margin it's supposed to be gradual but he didn't know that the shoe she wore was the major difference.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by clerkent(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2022
Which one is the world record now

Semi final 12.12

Or

Final 11.06
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2022
victorsola:
that was the recent picture of the day she won the record it’s not old .
Not Keni....Keni's 2020 Olympics.

Nike covers Nigeria athletes....Adidas is her personal stuffs.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2022
clerkent:
Which one is the world record now

Semi final 12.12

Or

Final 12.06

phemmyfour:

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by aribisala0(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2022
It is clear that the Eboe mindset is beginning to affect Nigerians across board
I do not see anything racist in what Michael Johnson or the BBC did or said

Rather I see Nigerians being very toxic and playing the victim card unnecessarily

The times were questioned not just for Amusan but for virtually every other person in that race many of whom were recorded as having run faster than they have ever run in their lives.
So if the times were questioned for all participants who were mostly black where is the racism?
The suffering and bitterness in Nigeria is so great many are looking for imaginary enemies and seeing racism where none exists.
The times were questioned RIGHTLY because something that has never happened before in one race happened. If those questions are answered satisfactorily what is the problem?
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by aribisala0(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2022
vee22:
don't blame him he is an experienced champ in the track and field and knows that you don't just wake up one day and improve your speed by a large margin it's supposed to be gradual but he didn't know that the shoe she wore was the major difference.
The shoe was the major difference how? What is the basis for that?

That is nonsense . Please stop spreading falsehood.

There is no evidence to substantiate that
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by diaspoAFRICANS: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Keni Harrison
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by phemmyfour: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2022
fergie001:

Your attachment didn't answer the question. If 12:06 wasn't recorded, what time was recorded for her in the final?
What time gave her the gold medal
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by aribisala0(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2022
phemmyfour:

This is half baked
12.06 is not the new world record . It is not true
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
Your attachment didn't answer the question. If 12:06 wasn't recorded, what time was recorded for her in the final?
What time gave her the gold medal
Huh!

No time is written for you. You simply take gold and that's where it ends.

Once the wind is above 2m/s, no time is recorded and if it is...it will be wind-assisted and not legal and will not be entered.

That's the RULE.

1 Like

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Freelancer2020(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2022
Cantonese:
Great.

The best games on earth, in the following order:

Football
Athletics
Rugby
Weightlifting
Tennis
Draft - as we dey call am
Swimming

Sir, for where you come put basketball and golf?
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by phemmyfour: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2022
fergie001:
Huh!

No time is written for you. You simply take Gold and that's where it ends.

Once the wind is above 2m/s, no time is recorded and if it is...it will be wind-assisted and not legal and will not be entered.

That's the RULE.
It's clear now
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Topmaike007(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2022
Tobi Amusan should be recruited into the Army

Imagine you go thief and she come dey pursue you, your own don finish be that
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by GreatAxeMan: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2022
Michael Johnson who has single handedly won more Olympics gold medals than Nigeria is unknown? Why are you people so daft?

NotKnown:
But the unknown black hater Johnson de cap nonsense.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by vee22: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2022
aribisala0:
The shoe was the major difference how? What is the basis for that?

That is nonsense . Please stop spreading falsehood.

There is no evidence to substantiate that
Oga do ur research I'm happy she one she did nothing illegal but the shoe helped.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by completeskills: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Is that not NIKE sign on both their jersey?
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by aribisala0(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2022
vee22:

Oga do ur research I'm happy she one she did nothing illegal but the shoe helped.
I cannot do research on every stupid claim I come across
The claim is that it was the MAJOR FACTOR
Where did you get that from?
What is the basis ?

1 Like

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Igbafe4real(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2022
black women are strong�
fergie001:
Former World Record Holder in the women's 100m hurdles, Kendra "Keni" Harrison, has congratulated the new queen, Tobi Amusan.

Harrison returned a time of 12.20 secs (+0.3m/s) on July 22, 2016 at the London Müller Anniversary Games in London, breaking the world record of 12.21 secs (+0.7m/s) set by Bulgarian athlete Yordanka Donkova (who smashed four world records) on 20th August, 1988.

Harrison had made history in 2016, 2 weeks after she placed sixth in the US trials, failing to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics. She made amends with a Silver medal at the Tokyo2020 Olympics.

Amusan took the world by storm with a 12.12 secs finish in the semis at the World Championships in Eugene on Sunday, with Harrison coming a distant second at 12.27 secs. Harrison will later be disqualified in the finals.

Both Amusan and Harrison are signed on to sports kits manufacturing giants, Adidas and the American is proud they are still leading the line globally.

Keni Harrison
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by MichaelJayJay: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2022
She said it and she break the record indeed.. Legend
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Queenslander(f): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2022
victorsola:
signed to adidas but wearing Nike. I don’t follow
Nike is the official kit sponsors of the world athletics championship,..
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Mrtaye: 11:37am On Jul 27, 2022
aribisala0:
I cannot do research on every stupid claim I come across
The claim is that it was the MAJOR FACTOR
Where did you get that from?
What is the basis ?
Sir he actually meant that her shoes have wings which flew her easily and stealthily about the hurdles then landed her at the finish lane to win and create the world record
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Mrtaye: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2022
vee22:

I actually did my research and found out that Amusan's shoes have wings which enabled her to fly higher above the hurdles and flew her straight to the finish line without a sweat
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by bagad: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2022
Thank you Harrison. You made your impact and you have your own glory intact
It's such a pity Johnson fell short of rationality.
Too bad he's a black man to be that bitter about Amusan's shine.
Whether he likes it or not, Amusan is world champion
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by kunleiky(m): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Passionate888:

That's what the commentator said
Ehen
That's impressive
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Cantonese: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2022
victorsola:
u are not making sense. How is I don’t understand Translate to Supporting politician . Aw does politics come to this . U better go and see a doctor oo. Your situation is getting worse o

Everybody dey see Doctor as e be so. I know say you sef dey see Doctors.

Na una darling daddy and the 2 i/c wey dey warm up to enter dey cause am. That kind your first statement, na so Nigeria life be. The more you look, the less you see. Lies in the night, sorry in the day.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Cantonese: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
Freelancer2020:

Sir, for where you come put basketball and golf?

Golf na our papa dem dey do am take stretch their legs. Basketball na people we dey learn how to jump up and down.
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by victorsola: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
Cantonese:

Everybody dey see Doctor as e be so. I know say you sef dey see Doctors.

Na una darling daddy and the 2 i/c wey dey warm up to enter dey cause am. That kind your first statement, na so Nigeria life be. The more you look, the less you see. Lies in the night, sorry in the day.
hey yah sorry . Never knew the countries problem is affecting u. Well kontinue in your problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simidele Adeagbo On Her First Skeleton Race In Canada (Photos) / Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title / “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.