Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations (14329 Views)

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria To Start Production Of Airplanes Before 2023 / Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Be Delivered Before 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by TWoods(m): 5:02am On Jul 28, 2022
Quintopia:

Your own 'point' is based on nothing but foolish ego and 'prestige', as is usual with most nairalanders steeped in shallowness, rather than common sense and rationality.

So for you it is ''How can a nation with the wealth of Nigeria blah blah blah''.

WHAT WEALTH?

Our annual budget is 35 billion dollars for 200 million people.

Contrast that with the US annual budget of 7.6 trillion dollars for only a slightly larger population.

Or the UK's 2.2 trillion annual budget for its 70 million people.

Or France's 1.9 trillion.

So what ''wealth'' are you talking about? The oil and gas income is a pittance set against our needs.

It will be foolhardy and extremely profligate for a govt with such a tiny budget to expend the money on commercial aircraft purchases where there are other options, and it will never meet senate approval.

So they start by leasing 3 aircraft and move on from there, in a public/private partnership arrangement where private investors are the main funders, and earnings from their initial operations can fund expansion.

That is the rational, sensible option.

Ethiopia's 2022 budget was $15bn for 120 million people. In other words, Nigeria's budget per capita ($175) is barely higher than that of Ethiopia ($125). Yet Ethiopia is able to run a viable national airline (owned 100% by the government), with a fleet of 135 aircraft. Please see two links below directly from the Boeing website, showing direct orders for brand new aircraft by Ethiopian airlines.

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/customers/ethiopian-airlines/ethiopian-airlines-announce-order-for-20-737-max-8s.page
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2022-05-25-Boeing-and-Ethiopian-Airlines-Announce-Order-for-Five-777-Freighters

Note that a brand new Boeing 777 freighter costs $350m. They ordered FIVE (5) in May of this year alone. They also ordered TWENTY (20) 737 Max 8 Jets (total cost - $2.1 bn), with a potential for 15 more orders.

So let me ask you... how is Ethiopia able to afford direct orders for new aircraft from Boeing and we can only manage to lease 3 aircraft... none of which we have ever seen?

The stupidity of your post (aside from the astounding ignorance) is you pontificating about how "foolhardy and extremely profligate for a govt with such a tiny budget to expend the money on commercial aircraft purchases"... in the same country that has enough money to fly its government officials to foreign countries for medical attention. According to Transparency International, Gen. Abacha looted about $5bn as of 1998, which would be worth $9.1bn in today's value. That is enough to buy 20 Boeing 737 Max 8 Jets and a further 20 Boeing 777 freighters or 82 Airbus 320neo Jets, BRAND NEW. Take a hike please... you're simply an ignorant water carrier for the most corrupt government the world has ever seen.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by TWoods(m): 5:09am On Jul 28, 2022
Quintopia:

Your own 'point' is based on nothing but foolish ego and 'prestige', as is usual with most nairalanders steeped in shallowness, rather than common sense and rationality.

So for you it is ''How can a nation with the wealth of Nigeria blah blah blah''.

WHAT WEALTH?

Our annual budget is 35 billion dollars for 200 million people.

Contrast that with the US annual budget of 7.6 trillion dollars for only a slightly larger population.

Or the UK's 2.2 trillion annual budget for its 70 million people.

Or France's 1.9 trillion.

So what ''wealth'' are you talking about? The oil and gas income is a pittance set against our needs.

It will be foolhardy and extremely profligate for a govt with such a tiny budget to expend the money on commercial aircraft purchases where there are other options, and it will never meet senate approval.

So they start by leasing 3 aircraft and move on from there, in a public/private partnership arrangement where private investors are the main funders, and earnings from their initial operations can fund expansion.

That is the rational, sensible option.

If you believe any of that, then you're an ultimate pawn. What happened to Virgin Nigeria? You think any sensible foreign partner is willing to do business with Alhaji Sirika? Quite clear why Nigeria remains a hellhole... too many idiots who spout online with no clue what they are talking about.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by colestephan86: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2022
ijustdey:
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has given an approval to Nigeria Air to lease aircraft to start operations. The Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi...

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-nigeria-air-to-lease-aircraft-for-commencement-of-operations-sirika
I love this to see this man speak, I love his name , the way it sounds
Hadi Sirika
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by ken045501: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2022
God bless fire republic ..mugu, you go just carry phone dey type nonsense. Ode
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by HRMK: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2022
arrant nonsense!what is the hurry about?why not wait till you can afford your own aircraft!
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2022
A country that wants a national carrier does not own one aircraft, instead they want to lease, why not allow one of the established local airlines to carry your logo, do a franchise arrangement, that way you conserve funds.

How do you run a regional/ international airline with only 3 aircraft? Old wine in a new bottle.

You to start leasing an aircraft when you re not an established brand, wrong start indeed.
They have already perfected arrangements to enrich a private person's pocket.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2022
TWoods:

Ethiopia's 2022 budget was $15bn for 120 million people. In other words, Nigeria's budget per capita ($175) is barely higher than that of Ethiopia ($125). Yet Ethiopia is able to run a viable national airline (owned 100% by the government), with a fleet of 135 aircraft. Please see two links below directly from the Boeing website, showing direct orders for brand new aircraft by Ethiopian airlines.

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/customers/ethiopian-airlines/ethiopian-airlines-announce-order-for-20-737-max-8s.page
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2022-05-25-Boeing-and-Ethiopian-Airlines-Announce-Order-for-Five-777-Freighters

Note that a brand new Boeing 777 freighter costs $350m. They ordered FIVE (5) in May of this year alone. They also ordered TWENTY (20) 737 Max 8 Jets (total cost - $2.1 bn), with a potential for 15 more orders.

So let me ask you... how is Ethiopia able to afford direct orders for new aircraft from Boeing and we can only manage to lease 3 aircraft... none of which we have ever seen?

The stupidity of your post (aside from the astounding ignorance) is you pontificating about how "foolhardy and extremely profligate for a govt with such a tiny budget to expend the money on commercial aircraft purchases"... in the same country that has enough money to fly its government officials to foreign countries for medical attention. According to Transparency International, Gen. Abacha looted about $5bn as of 1998, which would be worth $9.1bn in today's value. That is enough to buy 20 Boeing 737 Max 8 Jets and a further 20 Boeing 777 freighters or 82 Airbus 320neo Jets, BRAND NEW. Take a hike please... you're simply an ignorant water carrier for the most corrupt government the world has ever seen.

I wanted to add that Ethopia has a better government than Nigeria, less corrupt and Ethopia has a pedigree of good leadership that spanned several decades, please dont compare such a country with Nigeria, they re galaxies apart.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Mikeiron78(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2022
The world buys aircrafts, Nigeria is leasing because no regime wants a permanent infrastructure for the dying country.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by TWoods(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
quentin06:

I wanted to add that Ethopia has a better government than Nigeria, less corrupt and Ethopia has a pedigree of good leadership that spanned several decades, please dont compare such a country with Nigeria, they re galaxies apart.

My point was that Nigeria can undoubtedly afford a viable airline... and a government that has spent 5 years "building an airline" and only has a logo and the promise of 3 lease aircraft to show for it should not be taken seriously.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
The government should invest more in rail transport.
It will reduce road transport and local flights and bring much revenue to the government.
It's very profitable and easy to maintain.
You're right. Rail transport is critical to development. I've witnessed it myself in countries that deployed massive rail network.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Niklaus398: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB
that's why apc is a useless party supported by morons... Check the mirror u will see who I'm referring too
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by Wayarda(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
Pay Nigeria airway pension, if not that plan will crash with u are ur family
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by ZombieSlayer1: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2022
JAMO84:
I would have been surprised if you say something positive

Negativity has been the bane of your life in the last 7.5 years, and I doubt whether it will stop anytime soon
you dumb mofos brought this evil of Buhari's leadership unto this land and you're looking to bring another slowpoke into power.
Keep voting useless people, I and my family are already immune to the bad governance
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air To Lease Aircraft For Commencement Of Operations by JAMO84: 8:48am On Jul 29, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:
you dumb mofos brought this evil of Buhari's leadership unto this land and you're looking to bring another slowpoke into power.
Keep voting useless people, I and my family are already immune to the bad governance
Pele o, immunity officer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: New UK Law To End Secret Property Investments By Nigerians, Othe / 2019: Sowore Emerges AAC Presidential Candidate / Nigeria Air: APC Chieftain Tasks EFCC To Probe Ex-aviation Minister, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.