Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? (18887 Views)

My Company Is Training An AI On How To Do Customer Services And Telesales Jobs. / 4 Things You Need To Work For A Foreign Firm Remotely From Nigeria / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Ndaife: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Greetings to you all, Please I'll like to know if customer service job can be done remotely for firms in other countries from Nigeria.
Looking at situation of things in the country, it is evident that one needs a side hustle to meet up with needs.
A friend recently to me about this remote job stuff and I'm picking interest in it. I'm not into tech, but rather have been in customer service for years.
All the remote jobs I'm seeing online are requesting the applicants to be residents of the country.
That keeps me wondering if one can do this from Nigeria.
Please your advice, suggestions and experience are highly needed here to guide me.
Gracias..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Impactech: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ndaife:
Greetings to you all, Please I'll like to know if customer service job can be done remotely for firms in other countries from Nigeria.
Looking at situation of things in the country, it is evident that one needs a side hustle to meet up with needs.
A friend recently to me about this remote job stuff and I'm picking interest in it. I'm not into tech, but rather have been in customer service for years.
All the remote jobs I'm seeing online are requesting the applicants to be residents of the country.
Please your advice, suggestions and experience are highly needed here to guide me.
Gracias..

Yes, one can do customer service remote work in Nigeria but you have to have strong internet connection, a good laptop, a good workplace and constant electricity plus a quiet home. That's the major requirement

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
I don't know of Nigerian companies o.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by inoki247: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
why not Get ur Data available and a Gen or Solar den you're good to go...

5 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Oluwanifisesam: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ndaife:
Gracias..

Depends on the company

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes you can.

There are some that do not require you to be resident in that country. At best they ask that you have EXCELLENT written and spoken English - NO HEAVY ACCENT. Some would require you to be familiar with American English. So you know it is FAMILIARIZE not SE.

- You would also need uninterrupted power supply.

- A noise cancelling headset with microphone. Make them no hear “ekaro ologi de o” or “condemned iron…aluminium”

- Stable and backup internet connection.

- A quiet and proper workstation because your back go hear am.

- They pay entry level customer service $3/hr to $5/hr and you would work 40hrs a week or more.

- You should also be familiar with CRM and Ticketing tools. Mostly Zendesk and Freshdesk. They are things you can learn in a day on YouTube.

- For your portfolio, create a google slide of bespoke customer service responses to various situations. DELAYED DELIVERY, MISSING ITEM, DAMAGED ITEM, REQUEST FOR REFUND…etc. These are the recurring issues in customer support for e-commerce and majority are e-commerce firms. Close it with your name. Make it look real and sell it as your sample responses while working in similar capacity for another client.

Apologies for all the epistle without mentioning where these jobs can be gotten from.

-Upwork, Fiverr, LinkedIn.

There are more, but I don’t know them. These ones would link you to foreign clients. The competition is very stiff and they have a preference for freelancers from the Philippines. We would talk about this bias some other day.

If you get one and they like your work ethics, they won’t let you go. That I am sure of.

195 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by ecolime(m): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Sure

Mostly Virtual Assistant roles.

But based on our time zone, look for roles that are streamlined to EMEA.

Landing one isn't a piece of cake. Na real war because of competition.

Should you land one, you are automatically immune from the falling Naira. Even if you are paid a a paltry $1,500.00 monthly you are still a big boy by Naija standards.

Check out weworkremotely.com

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by JooEeL(m): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
See them. Lazy youth.

All they're good at is always finding the easier way out. They will never confront their problems. How many people of other countries are doing customer service job while living in another country?

You know Nigeria is your problem but instead of find ways to disintegrate it, take the bull by its horn once and for all, you will prefer to go to Ikeja Along and buy modem and fairly used laptop with cracked screen and search for remote jobs so that if some small dollars roll in, you can sit down by your window side and watch nigeria burn for all you care.

I know you have calculated the foreign exchange and you're already rubbing your hands and dreaming of how you can start to buga once the dollars roll in.

Na lie. Terrorists are now in Abuja and Ondo, Owo. Ebubeagu and herdsmen are in Lokpanta, Abia and Ihiala.

Anywhere you go na bandit and terrorist. IT IS REVOLUTION NOW! YOU MUST FIGHT IT. NO ESCAPE FOR YOU!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by mustbewell: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
At your own risk
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by GoshenNLA(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
I think it’s possible
.. NEW SEASON 2022/2023 high quality jerseys for clubs and country now available
#StrictlyOriginal #EPL #LaLiga #SerieA #Bundesliga #NationalTeams
Top notch branding also available, discount on bulk order
Kindly check my signature for more samples
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by richard870(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
100%
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes you can. But you’ll need a very stable internet connection and a headset plus British/American accent and a payoneer account. The one I left pay 450$/month.

11 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Opamercy10: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
What type of remote job is it?

It all depends on what the company does

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Softboy001: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
yes sure...
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by 6ixVille: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
It will be hard tho
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by JoeyNaza: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes plenty
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by floss(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by marztar(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
Here to learn

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by gbaskiboy: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
k

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Metaversed: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
I was just researching this same question a moment ago.

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Melodistic(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
reading comments
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Lemmy123(m): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
I've seen job postings on Indeed about remote customer service reps. They are really fun to do and are rewarding because you get all 100% all to yourself, and pay is good too.

But most Nigerian customer service jobs are usually offline. If you can't commute to the venue, that's it...

See my signature below, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Ekejoestar(m): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes now, but be sure to have extensive knowledge in the field.

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Impactech:

Yes, one can do customer service remote work in Nigeria but you have to have strong internet connection, a good laptop, a good workplace and constant electricity plus a quiet home. That's the major requirement

You are right but are there any websites where one can apply and get employed remotely from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes just make sure you have light and a fast internet

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
NEPA.....no way

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
I don't know,
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Dshocker(m): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ndaife:
Gracias..

Yeah, my sister works with an American company, as a customer care representative here in Nigeria

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by akp202(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Yes you can.

There are some that do not require you to be resident in that country. At best they ask that you have EXCELLENT written and spoken English. Some would require you to be familiar with American English. So you know it is FAMILIARISE not ZE.

- You would also need stable internet connection.

- A noise cancelling headset with microphone. Make them no hear “ekaro ologi dey o” or “condemned iron…aluminium”

- Stable and backup internet connection.

- A proper work station because your back go hear am.

- They pay entry level customer service $3/hr to $5/hr and you would work 40hrs a week or more.

- You should also be familiar with CRM and Ticketing tools. Mostly Zendesk and Freshdesk. They are things you can learn in a day.

- For your portfolio, create a google slide of bespoke customer service responses to various situations. Mostly, DELAYED DELIVERY, MISSING ITEM, DAMAGED ITEM, REQUEST FOR REFUND…etc. These are the recurring issues in customer support. Close it with your name. Make it look real and sell it as your sample responses while working in similar capacity for another client.

seems u re into it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by flexispy: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes you can do Tech support remotely from Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) OND Internship Program 2019 - Nationwide / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Fidelity Bank Recruitment Coming Soon!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.