Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,720 members, 7,813,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? (18897 Views)

My Company Is Training An AI On How To Do Customer Services And Telesales Jobs. / 4 Things You Need To Work For A Foreign Firm Remotely From Nigeria / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by 1gbdata: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
YEs
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by airsaylongcome: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
it depends on the type of customer service because I doubt. When I was outside the Country I used to do some of them but the real reason is you need high-speed internet like 20 mbps per second minimum. Like right now if you are talking about Amazon and eBay you need a minimum internet speed of 50 mbps continuous. To answer chat. Most of them need extremely high speed internet

Lol! 50mbps for chat?! When I use 15mbps for calls. Make una dey throw numbers around with caution abeg

6 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
why did you leave?
It was a side hustle to my main job. Left because another side hustle is taking my time.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by casppyjay: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ndaife:
Greetings to you all, Please I'll like to know if customer service job can be done remotely for firms in other countries from Nigeria.
Looking at situation of things in the country, it is evident that one needs a side hustle to meet up with needs.
A friend recently to me about this remote job stuff and I'm picking interest in it. I'm not into tech, but rather have been in customer service for years.
All the remote jobs I'm seeing online are requesting the applicants to be residents of the country.
That keeps me wondering if one can do this from Nigeria.
Please your advice, suggestions and experience are highly needed here to guide me.
Gracias..
u can my friend and I pray u find one soon I’m resident abroad and if I see anyone offering remotely anywhere in d world I will gladly send it to u..

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Federalis: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
Viking07:
Yes you can. But you’ll need a very stable internet connection and a headset plus British/American accent and a payoneer account. The one I left pay 450$/month.

Which one is that bro?
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Agbebakun22: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes you can but u will need steady power. I work as transcriptionist but the issues i always have is light

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
JooEeL:
See them. Lazy youth.

All they're good at is always finding the easier way out. They will never confront their problems. How many people of other countries are doing customer service job while living in another country?

You know Nigeria is your problem but instead of find ways to disintegrate it, take the bull by its horn once and for all, you will prefer to go to Ikeja Along and buy modem and fairly used laptop with cracked screen and search for remote jobs so that if some small dollars roll in, you can sit down by your window side and watch nigeria burn for all you care.

I know you have calculated the foreign exchange and you're already rubbing your hands and dreaming of how you can start to buga once the dollars roll in.

Na lie. Terrorists are now in Abuja and Ondo, Owo. Ebubeagu and herdsmen are in Lokpanta, Abia and Ihiala.

Anywhere you go na bandit and terrorist. IT IS REVOLUTION NOW! YOU MUST FIGHT IT. NO ESCAPE FOR YOU!

In everything you have said lazy youths should do, which one have you done?

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by lexy2014: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Federalis:

Which one is that bro?

Folks on the internet are fond of making claims they can't defend. I don't know who they are trying to impress
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Agbebakun22: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
oloshun:

Apologies for quoting. ....ze is American, while ...se is British.
As a transcriptionist most companies i transcribe for require me to use American eng writing style that's how i got to know the differences. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Realestatevixen: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Yes you can.

There are some that do not require you to be resident in that country. At best they ask that you have EXCELLENT written and spoken English - NO HEAVY ACCENT. Some would require you to be familiar with American English. So you know it is FAMILIARIZE not SE.

- You would also need uninterrupted power supply.

- A noise cancelling headset with microphone. Make them no hear “ekaro ologi de o” or “condemned iron…aluminium”

- Stable and backup internet connection.

- A quiet and proper workstation because your back go hear am.

- They pay entry level customer service $3/hr to $5/hr and you would work 40hrs a week or more.

- You should also be familiar with CRM and Ticketing tools. Mostly Zendesk and Freshdesk. They are things you can learn in a day on YouTube.

- For your portfolio, create a google slide of bespoke customer service responses to various situations. Mostly, DELAYED DELIVERY, MISSING ITEM, DAMAGED ITEM, REQUEST FOR REFUND…etc. These are the recurring issues in customer support for e-commerce and majority are e-commerce firms. Close it with your name. Make it look real and sell it as your sample responses while working in similar capacity for another client.

Apologies for all the epistle without mentioning where these jobs can be gotten from.

-Upwork, Fiverr, LinkedIn.

There are more, but I don’t know them. These ones would link you to foreign clients. The competition is very stiff and they have a preference for freelancers from the Philippines. We would talk about this bias some other day.

If you get one and they like your work ethics, they won’t let you go. That I am sure of.

Lol @ekaro ologi de. Kai. Naija. Please where can I get such headset
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by ogbonti: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
RaptObserver:

That means I will find money and travel to a working African country and do remote jobs there

That sounds like a great plan and RWANDA is a lovely destination - I hope our yahoo boys, cultists and armed robbers dont go there to dent our reputation as they have done in western europe and dubai

For now, we still look good there - neat and beautiful country with low cost of living and their women too are very pretty with great family values, I am looking at visiting Rwanda before the end of the year for about a week! wink
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Shytreasure(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
Viking07:
Yes you can. But you’ll need a very stable internet connection and a headset plus British/American accent and a payoneer account. The one I left pay 450$/month.

please, how did you get that job? I wouldn't mind the link
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Ppp1p: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
No
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by oluwatosin070: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes, it is possible.

Even companies in Nigeria now offers remote working for customer service jobs.

I can give you some sites that offers remote customer service Jobs, if you want�

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by maureensylvia(f): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Yes you can.

There are some that do not require you to be resident in that country. At best they ask that you have EXCELLENT written and spoken English - NO HEAVY ACCENT. Some would require you to be familiar with American English. So you know it is FAMILIARIZE not SE.

- A noise cancelling headset with microphone. Make them no hear “ekaro ologi de o” or “condemned iron…aluminium”

- They pay entry level customer service $3/hr to $5/hr and you would work 40hrs a week or more.

- You should also be familiar with CRM and Ticketing tools. Mostly Zendesk and Freshdesk. They are things you can learn in a day on YouTube.

- For your portfolio, create a google slide of bespoke customer service responses to various situations. Mostly, DELAYED DELIVERY, MISSING ITEM, DAMAGED ITEM, REQUEST FOR REFUND…etc. These are the recurring issues in customer support for e-commerce and majority are e-commerce firms. Close it with your name. Make it look real and sell it as your sample responses while working in similar capacity for another client.

Apologies for all the epistle without mentioning where these jobs can be gotten from.

There are more, but I don’t know them. These ones would link you to foreign clients. The competition is very stiff and they have a preference for freelancers from the Philippines. We would talk about this bias some other day.

If you get one and they like your work ethics, they won’t let you go. That I am sure of.

Pocooooooooooo grin wink you sabi kiss
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Yankee101: 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
Call centers are hard to setup in nigeria cos of power and cost of calls/internet

Try and get certified in Salesforce Admin

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Boss13: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Due to tax implications is may be difficult. However, nothing is impossible
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Olamikeez(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Viking07:

Please is there any site you can recommend
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Federalis: 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dshocker:

Yeah, my sister works with an American company, as a customer care representative here in Nigeria

Which American company is that bro?
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by famouscargo4u: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes, you can. So far it's via email.
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Agbebakun22:
Yes you can but u will need steady power. I work as transcriptionist but the issues i always have is light

If the pay is Good, this isn't an issue. How many hours a day is the job?
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by InfinixMine: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Yes you can.

And Indeed (US, UK, Australia etc)

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Bossman(m): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
The lack of solid infrastructure - uninterrupted power, solid internet connection, security, makes this a bit difficult. Most firms will be worried about security of their data/information. This would have been a good option for most Nigerians, especially with the English language. That's an advantage. However, the Nigerian government has failed to provide the infrastructure to make this achievable.

3 Likes

Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by idalex: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
pocohantas:
Yes you can.

Indeed, weworkremotely.com

insight
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Lamanii22(f): 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
marztar:
Here to learn
same here
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by idalex: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
ogbonti:

welcome to 2014
when some of us in diaspora were complaining that yahoo boys must be arrested and prosecuted and that Nigerians must not elect corrupt leaders - and those who stole from the government must be prosecuted, imprisoned and made to pay restitution- some of us here will start playing the ethnic or religious cards - downplaying these things - no wahala, everything is coming together now to explain why these companies want you to reside in their country of operation to get the job because they do not want the information of their clients to be compromised and used for fraud - and if you do it while in their country- they know their justice system works and the justice system in Nigeria doesn’t work - so they can’t trust you to be ethical or professional

so when ever you see that yahoo boy shouting “dem get money?” or dancing to bugga after successfully defrauding a maga - know that guy and his fellow criminals are the very reason you can not get customer service jobs remotely from Nigeria - they have made you look like a thief before your prospective overseas employers even though you may not have stolen one kobo in your entire life

This is the result of failed leadership that we Nigerians glorify

when the companies won’t hire you remotely - they are not taking that decision because you are Hausa, Fulani, Igbo or Yoruba

They are taking that decision because you are a NIGERIAN! Thousands of average People in India, Philippines, Vietnam, even Jamaica make at least $500 which is N350,000 a month working customer service jobs for top US companies WHY NOT NIGERIA ?

because of our culture of wealth without work (WWW) everybody won hammer - so we abuse trust and punish our prospective helpers or business partners by defrauding them- this is why Nigeria can’t fully participate in globalization- we can’t simply be trusted - and CAPITALISM and the entire WESTERN WORLD thrives on trust

you order for something - you put your credit card info and you believe the goods will be delivered as when promised - ask your self, IF your own banks can steal your money with phony transactions by disappearing your account balance - how can foreign businesses trust you ? Or you think they do not know what is happening in Nigeria? They know more than you do- that is why they have embassies here to report the situation of things to their home country chamber of commerce. You gerrit?

Enough said, good luck to you!

u have a point
Re: Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? by Lamanii22(f): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dshocker:

Yeah, my sister works with an American company, as a customer care representative here in Nigeria
please how can I go about it cause customer care is my field as well... I need this remote job so badly...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview / Top 7 Skills And Qualities Employers Look For In Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.