Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed (30463 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Accuses Peter Obi Of Glorifying Poverty / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / ''Stop Glorifying Thieves’' - President Buhari Appeals To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Smokedetector: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
Classic example of attacking the messenger. Vital issues have been raised by both media houses, yet this man is hell bent on silencing the media. Strange fellow

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bbc-daily-trust-will-face-sanctions-for-glorifying-terrorists-says-fg/amp
nation of illiterate who and what is Nigeria 17th in Africa what is Nigeria

Nigerians who just shot their amounts and go and vote for a criminal

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by engrjacuzzi: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
The lies and propaganda this man speaks will cost him very soon. He is part of the problem of Nigeria
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dady wa abeg go and sit down. Glorify crime scene is a ethics not a law in journalism.

Thou a responsible journalist should respect ethics of journalism. But government have no right to sanctions media house because it glorify banditory act. But government have right if the information given by media house is false but if the act is true government have no right to sanctions media house.

And as I said earlier there is different between ethics and law in journalism
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by kingyakos: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:
Inasmuch as I am dismayed with this government, this is a right step.

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.

I'm disappointed in this your comment

4 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
They are exposing the truth behind the terrorism not what federal government are saying.
They are just afraid so BBC will not expose them
They did not break any rule even aljera is doing are foreign station are doing it

FG are just afraid so they will not be expose

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Evergreen12345(f): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
This is what happens when fools are in corridors of power

Una go soon vote Tilumbu enter

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by lexy2014: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.

What steps has the govt taken to stamp out terrorism and banditry so that BBC won't see it to use as documentary?

If you are accusing media houses of glorifying terrorists and bandits, has the govt done any better? Does the govt not protect these bandits and terrorists?

Kindly defend the screenshot below

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by kaaykaay: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
alawada
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by lexy2014: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
The Federal Government of Buhari is not happy that the BBC exposed what Buhari and his security apparatus have been trying to hide for a long time that is actually Fulani herdsmen who are causing insecurity all over the country. The Fulani herdsmen are killing Hausas in Zamfara state and Hausas formed a vigilante to defend themselves which the Fulani governor Matawalle disbanded to give Fulani killers unhindered pillage and destruction. The National assembly better fastrack the impeachment process because it is now clear to all that Buhari is in bed with terrorists.

Which national assembly?
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bbc-daily-trust-will-face-sanctions-for-glorifying-terrorists-says-fg/amp

“Let me assure you, they will not get away with this naked glorification of terrorism and banditry in Nigeria,” Mohammad said."

At least the guy has acknowledged that there's terrorism and banditry in Nigeria a contradiction of his claim that nigeria is safe
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
And there will not be consequences for the bandits. This man is a joke. He is saying the Media should leave the bandits alone.

5 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by mach7(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2022
aribisala0:
There is supposed to be a body independent of politicians acting as a regulator when it comes to issues like this ,The government should not be judge in its own case
Lai Mohammed should not be the arbiter he is not neutral
I agree sir

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Crenzywilliams(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

Dude, abeg, shut up.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by phemmylee1707: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
It seems this old fool his high on something. ishhhhhh. look at his ganja lips �

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by taiwolomo1: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2022
Someone should tell Baba say power is transient oh! All the laulau ends by feb grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Benbellamor: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

You're not different from Lai Mohammad... Years of denials have been exposed... Telling us that you're dismayed with this Government is the first Lie that exposed you...shior

5 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by izubext007: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2022
Banditary is a business as far I am concern.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Mayeldah(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
BUHARI's government is government of terrorists, by terrorist and for the terrorits.

What pains me most are idiots that defends this government even when they are suffering the effects of Buhari's misrule and alliance with terrorists

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Brushstrokes20: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
Pathetic filth undecided
The lifeless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS is hell bent on gagging the press and dissenting voices but the bitter truth must be asserted! undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by ultim: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by saintrow1: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
Please Ban and chase them out of nigeria. F**k BBC
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by mrkings84(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
The Federal Government of Buhari is not happy that the BBC exposed what Buhari and his security apparatus have been trying to hide for a long time that is actually Fulani herdsmen who are causing insecurity all over the country. The Fulani herdsmen are killing Hausas in Zamfara state and Hausas formed a vigilante to defend themselves which the Fulani governor Matawalle disbanded to give Fulani killers unhindered pillage and destruction. The National assembly better fastrack the impeachment process because it is now clear to all that Buhari is in bed with terrorists.

I BLAME TINUBU FOR ALL THESE COS HE BROUGHT THIS IMPEDIMENT CALLED BUHARI AND APC UPON US!!

SAY NO TO APC AND BUHARI PROMAX!!

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Mrexcell(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
Why won't the bbc do a documentary on them when the buhari's apc regime have them free hand to operate and refused to wipe them out for the past 7 years?
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by TenQ: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:

Shameless people.
The whole FG seem not to know where the bandits are and they want to prosecute the press who could trace them.
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by femiasaolu2014: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
If an ordinary journalist can locate these herdsmen and bandits, a whole country with the full backing of its armed forces cant.

This is why when Abacha said any "uprising that lasts more than 24 hrs is sponsored by the government", it wasn't a lie

Or when Gen. Theophilus Danjuma said "They collude", he meant the government, armed forces and the terrorists are all in cahoots with one another.

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Walealoba(m): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
sir please check my signature i really need your help
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by SeunDAssLicker: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

If your house is in order, there will be no reason for intimidation.

People like you if men hold you, na gutter men go use your head scrape.

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Reference(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

Oga, the BBC has reported about ISIS, they have interview FARC guerillas, LRA insurgents, Arafat of the PLO and many, many more violent non state actors including figures from the IRA back in their country.

It in no way glorifies of approves of their actions or grants them more publicity than they get themselves or from the local press rather it further exposes them and broadens the knowledge of the ideology behind these groups making it easier for objective governments and authorities to find better antidotes.

Just like diseases and pandemics, you don't solve them quickly by concealment.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Jollos(m): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

Maybe I don't understand u before I insult u.

Can u pls tell us y government can't get to those terrorist and arrest them and media house can

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Qtrpst4: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
This guy wan ban BBC
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Saviourk: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
[b]When other reputable platforms like BBC now give their platform to terrorists, showing their faces as if they are Nollywood stars[/b]These lines got me laughing grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi: We Don’t Want Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Our Land / Buhari’s Plans For Niger Delta, Militants — Osinbajo / Miyetti Allah To Southern Govs: Let’s Reach A Compromise On Open Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.