Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed (30465 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Accuses Peter Obi Of Glorifying Poverty / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / ''Stop Glorifying Thieves’' - President Buhari Appeals To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by mecuries(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
lol....for 'Glorifying terrorists'? I think they just showed the whole world the 'technically defeated terrorists'

4 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by kokoA(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
This Lai suppose collect aswear..

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by techWriter3: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
Is this some like of joke

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Maxymilliano(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lai Mohammed must be sick in the head for issuing such threats.

These are media houses that are exposing bandits that government sponsored security agencies could not locate

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by ExAngel007(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
undecided

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by johnbd: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yes how dear they expose Nigerian bandits and prove him a lair . grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Lovelive: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
Olodo government of APC, you failed to punish terrorists ... Nah BBC and Daily Trust be your problem. So pitiful.

Me and I remain Obidient without structures .

boman2014:
The federal government says it will penalise the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Daily Trust over their
documentaries on terrorism and banditry in Nigeria.

Lai Mohammad, minister of information and culture, said this in Abuja on Thursday.

“Let me assure you, they will not get away with this naked
glorification of terrorism and banditry in Nigeria,” Mohammad said.

“When otherwise reputable platforms like BBC give their platform to terrorists, showing their faces as if they’re Nollywood stars… I want to assure them that they won’t get away with it, the appropriate sanctions will be meted.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bbc-daily-trust-will-face-sanctions-for-glorifying-terrorists-says-fg/amp

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Gandollar(f): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
khadaffi:

Who told you government forces can't get to the terrorist? Have you not seen videos of Police officers and Army personnel with known terrorist boasting on how they killed Nigerian forces? This country Na cruise
Of course they know and enable them. They are profiteering from it too.

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Gandollar(f): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
If not for the BBC news, I never knew hausa's and fulanis were that deep in animosity.

4 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Racoon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
Shameless government of terrorists.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Advocate500: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:
Inasmuch as I am dismayed with this government, this is a right step.

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.
oga rest with your incoherent gibberish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by DropsMic(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yawn
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by ignis: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
Confused APC.
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by GistFullGround: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2022

Always chasing shadows!

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by AllahIsGarbage: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
LIAR MUHAMMAD living up to his name and reputation again.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by daveahead: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Mtchew! Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by adecz: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
How about Buhari & his government
that appeases terrorists❓❓

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by aribisala0(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.
There is supposed to be a body independent of politicians acting as a regulator when it comes to issues like this ,The government should not be judge in its own case
Lai Mohammed should not be the arbiter he is not neutral

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
God pls, i wish u can take this man away from this Earth
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by GistFullGround: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
Austinn60:
100% visa application guaranteed 5slots available hurry now. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on the number below

Why are you still in Nigeria? Useless 419!

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by GloriousGbola: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

yes, it is better you live in denial until you are also kidnapped on the road.

imagine if your response to being told you have cancer is to shut down the lab that gave the diagnosis

this has been going on for teh last 8 years.

technically defeatd, no longer cuts it

this is how this bastard is telling us nigerians are safe while terrorists are sharing videos of NIGERIANS being whipped by bandits

are you waiting for lai mohammed to deny your existence before you understand there is a very big problem?

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
What kind of country are we turning to and what does this yeye minister thinks, so the press should shut up in the face of reporting the truth to the masses?
Wetin be lai mohammed own sef? What are they even hidding that they dont want us to know? Tomorow na he will say na BBC and daily trust dey sponsor bandits and terrorism..
What a country we find our selves!

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by seyimailbox: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
Who is glorifying a terrorist? The government that failed to tackle it effectively or the news agencies reporting it? You have long cover up these menaces and allow it to fester! It is high time we opened up and allow for healing.
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Splitmind: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
All these foreign news outlets are the cause of insecurity in the land and need to be brought down immediately.
Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Omoluabi16(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
Every church should do a special thanksgiving service the day buhari and his crew leave office. They amaze me everyday.

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by edungene7: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
lolz I can guarantee u freedom of speech but freedom after speech is what I can't guarantee welcome to Nigeria the government of criminals who detest the truth

1 Like

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Risingblue008(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
If u are against any government plans(evil plans)
Then u r a terrorist to Dem
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Simeon88(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
These are the same terrorists that our so called working govt is spending billion of dollars on security to decimate. These guys are freely granting interviews and our govt claim they are looking for them.

3 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Naijanascam: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
This Cap is the father of confusion in the last seven years

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun / Pictures Of PDP Campaign In Wudil Local Government Kano State / Gani Adams: Nigerians Oppress South Africans With Money Made From Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.