Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Are You Surviving? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Are You Surviving? (18656 Views)

Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Acidosis(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Apc don kill us

I could not buy a brand new laptop for 150k at ikeja today

Bro, if you don't buy a fairly (foreign) used with that amount before the end of August, by September, you won't even see anyone (new or used).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Surviving? by cayorday89(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Simply by breathing, eating when necessary 1-0-1, no more snacks no matter the craving, plenty water to substitute for soft drinks, trekking not too long and quite short distances.

Making use of opera free data to browse, avoiding those short YouTube and Facebook videos, it's time wasting, money wasting and addictive.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Konjiboii: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
ShedrachU:
If you are commenting comment with your location abeg, the trend of expensive stuffs ain't same nation wide. As for food it's cheaper in the North, I am based in Akwanga, Nasarawa State.

Roasted corn is ₦50 (see attached photo)
A bunch of banana containing 6 pieces is ₦200
A mudu of fresh groundnut is ₦300
Egusi ₦200 per cup
A cup of sugar is ₦120

I can keep the list on & on

What's the basic asking price for ransom in your locality?

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Klass99(f): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Polynek(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
It hasn't been easy but I blv better day's ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving? by cayorday89(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
Klass99:

Lol grin, Kayode!!
You go dey alright las las, my guy.
Thanks ma'am... Na to leave this lagos ooo. The stress and expenses is way beyond what we average earners can cope with...

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by IbileIfe: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
I earn incomes from my blogs and social media outlets with adverts and coverage of events.
I was paid by clients in Nigeria and America, including Vision Films Inc and 1xBet.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by cayorday89(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2022
ShedrachU:
If you are commenting comment with your location abeg, the trend of expensive stuffs ain't same nation wide. As for food it's cheaper in the North, I am based in Akwanga, Nasarawa State.

Roasted corn is ₦50 (see attached photo)
A bunch of banana containing 6 pieces is ₦200
A mudu of fresh groundnut is ₦300
Egusi ₦200 per cup
A cup of sugar is ₦120

I can keep the list on & on

I was about asking you for my way there because I am really considering leaving Lagos but the person below has brought me to another reality...

Konjiboii:

What's the basic asking price for ransom in your locality?
Bro, this one na correct question, many things to ve considered about living in other part of our current Nigerian security situation.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Acidosis(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
SCAMdemic do us dirty wallai. Yahaya Bello warned Nigeria and Nigerians. We had no business with the global scam. The amount of money Emefiele disbursed and looted during the scamdemic is enough to ruin the future of 150 million Nigerians.

As for me and my family, we'll survive by God's grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Ppp1p: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hard
Re: How Are You Surviving? by Wale0073245(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
Threesha:
Simple tips that can help you manage your business better.

- Record all your expenses: This include receipts, invoices, quotations and other paper-proof documents.

- Anytime you receive funds from a customer or client through a corporate bank account, and the client requests for a part of full refund, ensure you return the funds using the same bank account/medium it was used to receive it.

-Don't receive funds from into your corporate bank account from those you don't have business relationship with. Don't receive funds on peoples' behalf.

- Track your business figures : This could be done either in soft or hard form. You can either input them on an excel sheet (soft form) or get a diary (hard copy). Remember, once it's not documented, then, it's considered not done.

- Bank statements : Always ensure to put proper narrations after making any bank transfer. This should also apply anytime you're on the verge of issuing payment cheques for services rendered to your business. Just scribe some wordings on the cheque stub.

Wordings like "Payment for Rent" and " Transfer for vehicle Licence " will give your accountant less stress during accounts reconciliation or preparation.

- If your business is heavily cash based, you can inform your cashier to always tell the bulk teller at the bank to give proper narrations to all your transactions.

Narrations like " Cash Sales for Monday 30/07/2020” and "Deposit from Uncle Oyewole of Ijora photography " would be helpful to your business

The banks on their part should on work their USSD and other related payment platforms in order to make it possible for customers to insert narrations while effecting transfers.

Happy weekend

Feel free to use the share button.
This user na scammer and thief
Re: How Are You Surviving? by abdulwassi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please someone should connect me, I need a job..
For the mean time hunger dey wire me oh.. Anything at all will be greatly appreciated. 6172443419 Fidelity Bank
Re: How Are You Surviving? by emmyluizzz: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
How I'm still existing among the living is still a mystery to me o, I can't even recall the last time I bought something new for myself.

How I spend 1500 daily is still like magic to me o, a single guy. Naso I go trek the one I fit trek, climb bike complete the rest. To chop belle full for mama put now na atleast N350.

I still dey ask, these people campaigning for tinubu, are they living outside or inside this country?

so Peter Obi will make things better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving? by iTearHerToto: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
Vivian16:
In today's Nigeria we only survive by the mercy of God, abeg any good samaritan who can bless me with rice even if na quarter bag I go appreciate maka na obodo bu igwe now.
You haven't seen cup you asking for quarter bag. Na you go tell your helper wetin you want abi. Kontinue grin

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by RepoMan007: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
doggedfighter:
It takes me 500₦ to eat just corn and pear.

What 150₦ conveniently does for me before.

Everyone is just trying to stay alive.

As no survival tactics seems to work anymore.

Every new day means new inflated price of items.

you want to tell me the prices of things have tripled from source or what. It is mostly the middlemen. I did a thread on my observations but was surprised people see disproportionate increase by middlemen as part of survival.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by caesymore(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2022
doggedfighter:
It takes me 500₦ to eat just corn and pear.

What 150₦ conveniently does for me before.

Everyone is just trying to stay alive.

As no survival tactics seems to work anymore.

Every new day means new inflated price of items.

E weak me, see corn wey na perianal enjoyment I ate for 3 straight days here in Abuja corn and two big pears N500 na my body tell me say corn now na food no be for whining mouth again

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving? by osazsky(m): 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
RepoMan007:
you want to tell me the prices of things have tripled from source or what. It is mostly the middlemen. I did a thread on my observations but was surprised people see disproportionate increase by middlemen as part of survival.
ok is it his job to control the middlemen..cuz middle men dont pay rent when cement that used to be 1500 is now 5k...then diesel..nor be indices they control middlemen..u know how many middlemen I know way still dey collect wortorworor suffering for this bubu economy.when a home fails we blame the head .simple
Re: How Are You Surviving? by doggedfighter(f): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
caesymore:

E weak me, see corn wey na perianal enjoyment I ate for 3 straight days here in Abuja corn and two big pears N500 na my body tell me say corn now na food no be for whining mouth again

I swear

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by ThatsONYI: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
shocked

Man, I swear it's not easy embarassed
Re: How Are You Surviving? by ThatsONYI: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
Even after my calculations on how to spend,omo I still go comot money from savings to hold body ...the hardship is too much but as an nwafor we go always survive

shocked

This is me, so depressing cry ...

I even paused releasing songs for a while, I also intend getting a kerosene stove because I've spent more than 2k this week...
Re: How Are You Surviving? by RepoMan007: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
osazsky:
ok is it his job to control the middlemen..cuz middle men dont pay rent when cement that used to be 1500 is now 5k...then diesel..nor be indices they control middlemen..u know how many middlemen I know way still dey collect wortorworor suffering for this bubu economy.when a home fails we blame the head .simple
keep typing jargons there. Has rent tripled? Diesel may have tripled but is corn cost controlled wholly by diesel used in moving it? Be justifying disproportionate hike in prizes there.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mehn I swear I don't know how I'm surviving oo. Because I don't see a reasonable job I can do. As you see me I don't have job. But I'm still looking forward to get a job.

Make i no lie things really though for me

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Saintinoo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
HoluwaLoniGlory:
I stroll out today, I decide to buy banana. the banana is N900.

Why ma? I humbly asked.

"banana is now costly ooo" she respond

But I bought this same size of banana at N300 last year in camp. she said that is last year.

Then, I decide to buy corn from a next woman.

ma how much is your corn I asked. N250, she answered.

what last year #50 corn. she responded that it's like your not in this country

In the end, I had to spend extra N150 on corn.

This is definitely not sustainable. Abeg, how much is my monthly allowance that I’ll be spending that much on corn?

I am seriously worried for how things are going in this country, especially when it comes to food.

Within the last one year, my monthly budget for food has tripled even with how; meanwhile the quantity has even reduced over time.

Most of my budget is on feeding and transportation. that I could not buy any materials things for my self.

Earlier last week, I wanted to get bread but there was no bread at all. The gist was that bakers are on strike, and it’s connected with their rising cost of production.

If it’s a miracle that we are managing to eat daily, what then is the hope for the majority of Nigerians who live below the poverty level?

With this crazy inflation, high cost of living, rising fuel cost, forex palaver, among other issues, Nigerians might just need to brace up for another recession and at the most unfortunate time.

Salary week is here but don’t get excited. In fact, don’t be surprised if you can no longer afford certain basic things you used to buy in the nearby supermarket.

Don’t get mad, it’s not their fault.

I was asking my friend on whatsap what the "government can possibly do to help". then I got the shocking information that a certain government agency (Nigeria Customs Service) is partly, directly responsible for how things especially food products have become so expensive in this country! �

This government agency is heaping misery on Nigerians through arbitrary duty charges on importers bringing in food commodities, which then affects the cost of finished goods and food prices that we all suffer. ��

but for now I need to ask: how are you surviving?

You are the problem, you went to buy something from market women with your Nysc khaki on. They just inflated the price because you are on khaki. Government pikin.

When I served, I act like I am from their state, so I buy things normal price.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by candidbabe(f): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

This is me, so depressing cry ...

I even paused releasing songs for a while, I also intend getting a kerosene stove because I've spent more than 2k this week...

A litre of kerosene is #900
grin grin grin
Re: How Are You Surviving? by ikechukz(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Apc don kill us

I could not buy a brand new laptop for 150k at ikeja today
Come make I give you direct foreign used laptops that are still in new condition https://maxio.ng
Re: How Are You Surviving? by ashewoboy(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
orlaglobal234:
The tired me ooh

During PDP regimes i was used to eat four to five times before but since unfortunate APC and Buhari takes over government me and my family hardly eat two times in a day now. morning food around 11:30am and night food around 10pm no afternoon food again ooo, na so we dey rock am now.

May God almighty save us from this calamity disaster government

Hoedodo oro.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by Connected1: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
egunna:
speaks volume about ur upbringing.its deficient and unfortunately for u,a fool at forty is a fool forever.
It's more like you are referring to yourself.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by ashewoboy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
AccessME:
Things are damn too expensive I can't even eat 2 square meals these days talkmore of 3 sad

True.
Re: How Are You Surviving? by Lastpharoah33: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=Bobtobe post=115195773][/quote]

Can you shed more light on this, sir?

Can I reach you on WhatsApp?
Re: How Are You Surviving? by 09sixteen: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Some of y'all shouting u can't survive yet you be giving birth anyhow. Lmao, family sized sufferness is guranteed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving? by ashewoboy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
caesymore:

Nairalanderscheesy.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2022
I no dey look my account balance, I go just spend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) / Vacancies For Commercial Graduates @ GSK Pharmaceuticals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.