Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. (14263 Views)

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / REVEALED: Anambra Plans Conversion Of N-teach Volunteers To Permanent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by holluwizzy: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
U see free money u still asking for advise.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by AmGreat1234: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
lavylilly:
Contract job na scam

If they have
Pension
Leave allowance
13th month
Take it because 75k is nothing.

You could take the ZB and save upto start your business
Your brain too sharp and fine like your beauty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by exco90(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
lereinter:

It seems you have made up your mind

But describe the 75k coy everyone already knows zenith
The company is Orange group.. the producer of delta soap.. finance dept..
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by aysuprano(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
Go for the contract job o, 110k to 75k a month that’s a difference of 35k and it still has a cheaper transportation

Permanent job isn’t even permanent anything can happen in 3 months with the permanent job

Moreover you don’t even know what will happen within that 2 years working in a bank

Nobody knows the future

The only reason you should go for the 75k job is If it’s a federal government job

Anything aside that isn’t making any sense

2 Likes

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by PreacherMan007: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
U take d job today and Fulani attack and kill you tomorrow. Wetin u gain? undecided
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by JUHABACH: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:
Hello Nairalanders,please I need you to clarify me on something
Two year contract job with zenith not far from home 200 to and from with 110k per month in akowonjo/ Lagos or permanent staff Job with 75k per month in ilupeju oshodi lagos 900 to and fro.. please which one should my sis go for.. we have till tomorrow to accept one of the offer ...
Please which one is better

Stay with the contract job. Meanwhile try and better yourself professionally. Get certified and if possible, an MBA. Lastly, be very diligent at work. Be the guy your boss can rely on.

Trust me, if you work at it, you will be converted in no time or get the opportunity to work in another bank as a full time staff.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by AbuAeesha: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:
Two year contract job with zenith not far from home 200 to and from with 110k per month in akowonjo/ Lagos or permanent staff Job with 75k per month in ilupeju oshodi lagos 900 to and fro.. please which one should my sis go for.. we have till tomorrow to accept one of the offer ...
if u have very good saving habit,go for the 110K job wch is 106k after tp cost,rather than the 75k wch is 57k after tp.
if u are lucky,u might get contract extension and if not.what u would have saved by then will suffice u to start something bfr u get another job.
my opinion though!
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Lamanii22(f): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
Contract job is much more preferable

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by citadels(f): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
Zenith bank job is better if she can save to start a business if she didn’t work her way up.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by sonssyo: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:

The company is Orange group.. the producer of delta soap.. finance dept..

Let her go with Orange group,it is a manufacturing company,
Her growth will be fast
Her experience to move to the next level is fast
The company is good
They give other allowances
She should not miss it
From there she can move to another company with better pay, she should also enroll for ICAN too, very important
The money now may be small but sooner she can opt to move with experience and earn higher pay.
Manufacturing experience is bae
She shouldn't miss it.

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
I think you do not need soothsayer to guide you on this issue. Permannent staff job of 75k will not come with Pension and 13th month, therefore go after zenith bank contract job of 110k, the contract job can be renew after expiration of two years.
exco90:
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Connected1: 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2022
seanwilliam:
@exco90 Both no worth am.
But choose 110k and save massively for 2 years.

Do whatever it takes to save atleast 50k monthly .

Let say you spend 1700 for food and transport you’ll be left with 60k..

Use 10k chop life , save 50k ..
With 1.2m in 24 months , u can start your own little biznesss..

The 75k is worst because you will be left with just 50k after you comot 900 x 26 days( transport fares)..

Let’s say you spend 1500 for food daily and other expenses (45k) you will be left with 5k ..
Except u go Dey thief, there’s no how u go save anything reasonable. Mind you this is raining season where cost of transport Dey high.

That’s slavery .

May God bless our husles.
#1500 daily for food?

Rent and miscellaneous nkor.

Is #1500 even enough for feeding daily, unless you will have to eat what you dislike, inflation rate is high.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by jojothaiv(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2022
Olachase:
Take the permanent job and give me the contract job or take the contract job and give me the permanent job.... Na wetin pass me I won day do now wink wink
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by yusufmurry: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
Go for the zenith Job. It's closer to your home and you will be spending less. Again, if that zenith job isn't marketing, go for it.

I am sure yours at Zenith would come with Pension and HMO.

Mind you that your contract will be extended. I have done similar job with same bank.

All we have given you are suggestions, you owe yourself to make the decision. And mind you that no decision is right or wrong.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by 2ng2ng(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
Take the zenith job ....Nothing like permanent job .
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by FASASI1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
Choose zenith Bank and please can you share the job link ??
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by bukatyne(f): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
sonssyo:

Let her go with Orange group,it is a manufacturing company,
Her growth will be fast
Her experience to move to the next level is fast
The company is good
They give other allowances
She should not miss it
From there she can move to another company with better pay, she should also enroll for ICAN too, very important
The money now may be small but sooner she can opt to move with experience and earn higher pay.
Manufacturing experience is bae
She shouldn't miss it.

In today's reality, the manufacturing sector is struggling under cost of alternate power (diesel), cost of raw materials, cost of transportation, sourcing for FX for their raw materials.

So if they are not manufacturing what people can absolutely do without and/or manufacturing the affordable brands of essentials, then it is well.

I think she should review both packages. I am seriously biased towards the Bank job because it is much closer to the house and pays more.

The financial sector also seems more 'secure' than the manufacturing sector right now.

However, I remember that even banks have their retrenchment waves.

It is well.

These things are bringing the country's realities to the fore.

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by seanwilliam(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
Connected1:

#1500 daily for food?

Rent and miscellaneous nkor.

Is #1500 even enough for feeding daily, unless you will have to eat what you dislike, inflation rate is high.

someone earning that kind money should learn how to manage and cope for the main time. drastic situations call for drastic measures

He should plan with whatever he’s earning because no one is coming to save him ..
45k should be manageable for him in a month.
He should buy food in bulk with 25k fill gas with. 4k, cook 4k stew every weekend ..

His transport for the 110k job is just 6k monthly , which means he’s left with 59k.
9k should go for recharge card, nepa bill soap and barbing .
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Endtimecaller: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2022
Brother, run or flee from the "CON with TRACT job. Them go use confuse, stress and dump you ni. Like the name suggest, na ways work. Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Wallade(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:

What type of job is the 75k permanent job?
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by adecz: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
75k per month, less about 20k for
monthly tp leaves you with 55k proper.☹️☹️

Go for 110k and be sure that something
better will come before the two years
are over.☑️☑️☑️☑️

Best of luck✌️✌️✌️
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Taigaban: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
My brother permanent job is better. You can relocate and secure accomodation close to your office. Next.

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by phemmyfour: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:
nothing beats regular income....team permanent
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Two years contract job in a bank does not necessarily mean she will be asked out upon completion of the two years. I have worked as contract staff before in a bank. In some cases, if she's industrious and did work well, she might be recruited full-time after passing an intermediate exam; so go for the ZB. Good luck
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by businesslandnig: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
I will advise your sister to go for the Zenith Bank Offer....

1. I guess what you mean by 'Contract ' is that she is a seconded staff. Being a seconded staff does not deny her any benefit- as she will be entitled to HMO, and Pension. Outsourcing is only a cost saving strategy for the bank. Every employment is a contract.

2. Employee Value Proposition: A lot of job-seekers don't understand the value of having a big-brand on their CV, It confers some credibility in future career pursuit. As a Recruiter, they are caliber of candidates you don't get to 'interview' you woo them, simply on account of where they work. Its called EVP.

3. In 2022, two years is a long time for the Gen Z, gone are days of long-service award.

4. There is nothing like permanent job in today's world... Every employment offer today has a clause that gives the employer right to terminate your employment with or without cause.
5. Work-Life Balance You can imagine what getting home by 6pm as against 8pm will do to her health and social life

6. Lastly, is the obvious reason, the salary and transport cost difference.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by princewarri1985: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:
I'm very suprised that you are asking such a very dumb question, even the most foolish person on planet earth knows that your sister should grab the permanent job with both hands then she should save up and get an apartment close to her work. God gave us all brain for we to think and make use of it. She could even take a loan from the bank to get an apartment close to her work while the bank remove a little fraction from her salary every month because that was what my brother also did.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by julybaba(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2022
exco90:

what's the nature of the "PERMANENT" job? Is it private or government job? If it is private, then it is not permanent.
Also, for the "PERMANENT" job, 1000 Naira/day * 5days * 4weeks = 20,000 Naira/month. 75,000 Naira - 20,000Naira = 55,000 Naira
Please Note, It is not likely that she will receive the whole 75k at the end of the month. Some business owners do deduct tax, insurance, etc.

In short, I will advise her to go for the Two-year contract job, so she can save enough to start something worthwhile.
My advise is based on the premise that no job is permanent anymore.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Connected1: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
seanwilliam:

someone earning that kind money should learn how to manage and cope for the main time. drastic situations call for drastic measures

He should plan with whatever he’s earning because no one is coming to save him ..
45k should be manageable for him in a month.
He should buy food in bulk with 25k fill gas with. 4k, cook 4k stew every weekend ..

His transport for the 110k job is just 6k monthly , which means he’s left with 59k.
9k should go for recharge card, nepa bill soap and barbing .
That can actually work well if implemented with discipline.
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by sonssyo: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
bukatyne:

In today's reality, the manufacturing sector is struggling under cost of alternate power (diesel), cost of raw materials, cost of transportation, sourcing for FX for their raw materials.

So if they are not manufacturing what people can absolutely do without and/or manufacturing the affordable brands of essentials, then it is well.

I think she should review both packages. I am seriously biased towards the Bank job because it is much closer to the house and pays more.

The financial sector also seems more 'secure' than the manufacturing sector right now.

However, I remember that even banks have their retrenchment waves.

It is well.

These things are bringing the country's realities to the fore.

Surely,the stuff is really a fix,but what will one do? If she is good in running business,why not,she can try zenith bank offer, save up and start something just that banking don't give people chance at all.
The orange group I know runs 3 shift per day here in Anambra, with the timing,she can engage herself in other things, unless it's not designed that way. Manufacturing company dey feel the heat likewise every other
Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by and1one: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2022
please take the ZenithBank contract.
Very much better than the permanent job saying from experience

1 Like

Re: 2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. by Stephenndidi85: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
Do we have permanent job in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Type Of Job(s) Will You Like To Do For Free? / Screening Invite From PSIN / Imagine This Cover Letter: Can It Work Here in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.