Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption (27735 Views)

Foreign Refiners Woo Marketers With Credit Facilities / Hiring Tompolo,others To Secure Oil Facilities Is An Insult To Nigerians -Dakolo / Tinubu Lack Integrity That's Why Buhari Stay Away From His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by japandman: 11:53am On Jul 31, 2022
*WELLCOME TO www. idyllninverify.ng ISSUES GROUP*

STEPS ON HOW TO USE IDYLLNINVERIFY

1.Click www.idyllninverify.ng and sign up.
2. Then log in with username & password.
3. Buy unit to verify validation of NIN or to retrieve lost NIN through phone number, NIN, Name & date of birth and thumbprint.
4. You can also print NIN Slip/NIN Slip with date of birth instead of visiting enrollment center.

*Note* : i.Anytime you have "failed" means the input NIN info is not correct or validated while you will not be charged for any failed transaction .
ii. If you are debited during buy units and not seen the units value on your dashboard contact the admin for resolution.
iii. if you find it difficult to sign up, contact admin

Contact 07063714163
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by 27Pushing30: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered the questions.

Are you saying that you aren't putting on your thinking cap and haven't done critical reasoning tests online from time to time that's why you can't answer the simple questions?

How does that cause corruption?

How is that reason why the accountant general stole 80billion naira?

I’m saying YOU LACK the ability to think…

You’re too underdeveloped mentally for me interact further with you.

Asking why someone stole N80bn is like asking why Dangote still dey hustle for more money or why a junkie keeps needing more doses of a drug when at first all they needed was a smaller quantity…. It’s a stupid question and I cannot engage in such puerile discussions any further.

Go and develop yourself oga… you’re slow.

Bye
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by lexy2014: 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
27Pushing30:

Asking why someone stole N80bn is like asking why Dangote still dey hustle for more money or why a junkie keeps needing more doses of a drug when at first all they needed was a smaller quantity…. It’s a stupid question and I cannot engage in such puerile discussions any further.

Bye

Mr. Speed, You haven't answered the simple questions.

Are you saying that you aren't putting on your thinking cap and haven't done critical reasoning tests online from time to time that's why you can't answer the simple questions?

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by lexy2014: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
27Pushing30:

Bye

With all your development and speed, you still haven't answered my simple questions.

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by GeneralPula: 1:19am On Aug 01, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, you don't know what you're saying. In abroad if a loan or credit card is giving to you, they know the means of getting your repayment to the bank.
In Nigeria, if a loan is given to a worker, making return or repayment is a big problem. I know some of my colleagues in the office that have collected many loan facility in many financial institutions and repayment had become difficult for them. Many of them used it to buy car, some built houses, some for marriages, some invested it but could not meet up again with repayment because of bad economy. Like someone that collected a million naira loan and after loan deduction, his salary balance remain say #30,000. As a result of inflation, this #30,000 can no more meet up with monthly expenditure. Electricity bill take almost half of the money, half bag of rice take about #15,000. Where would such get money for other sundry? The children school fees are also there.
Giving loan facility to curb corruption is just Secondary. The primary factor to curb corruption is to create strong economy, create enabling environment and let there be equal wealth distribution, not that some are enjoying and the rest become puppets.

There are millions of debtors in abroad too. There are debtors in every countries..

Citizens grows economy, not government. Walmart, Amazon’s and so many stores are owned by individuals in the USA. These stores have gave jobs to Americans than government..

If somebody that’s meant to become something like amazon is in Nigeria, and such person is granted credit facilities, he’s going to be able to create tons of jobs. If 20 people can get the same credit facilities, imagine how many jobs they’ll be able to create for Nigerians..

Before you know it, economy will start growing..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2022
Arelyn:
Credit facilities such as Mortgages, Car loans, personal loans, Educational loans etc are certainly the way to go to attain luxury in most developed countries everyone wants to "Japa" to.....Availability of both soft loans and hard loans will reduce dependence on bulky cash transactions; a precursor for corruption) which means individuals only need to find a regular and steady means of paying back a predetermined amount then other secondary needs can be achieved with ease

You can try to deny it but a large number of Nigerians in the diaspora who have a house to themselves today or will buy in future can only achieve it through a mortgage and you don't need to be in the most glamorous of all jobs to own a home in most of these countries because individuals are means-tested before loans are handed to them and such loans are protected with different forms of insurance ( mortgage insurance, life assurance, income protection insurance etc.)

He has a genuine point and liberals like me love to hear alternative solutions to the status quo and not the normal shenanigans our politicians dish out to appeal to emotions. I guess this submission and the widening of the tax bracket are different ideas that are not common for politicians to come up with...

Gbam!
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2022
commoditiesnig:

I tell you bro.. such a pity our young folks always hateful.

Abroad citizens enjoy credit facilities for almost everything.. even to buying a phone! Good Credit facilities will indeed curb corruption and stimulate the economy.

Oyinbo people hardly ever carry lump sum to buy things outrightly! its we Africans that usually do this abroad.

They deserve bad leaders with this bitterness..
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by djseanjohn77: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2022
IgweBUIKE1:
Linus MBA.. You de ogbomosho, no reasonable Nigeria in diaspora will support this, even in oyinbo land, it is only those that are gainful employ that can now decide to go on loan not jobless people

Well, you can say whatever, i don't have to prove my location to you. I am a Sustainable Environmentalist & and in a Managerial position which qualifies me for a credit facility, and yes, you have to be gainfully employed to access one, otherwise, no bank will run after you as they do over here. That you have a credit card does not mean you dip your hands in it and spend at every given opportunity, you have to be able to manage your credit score, and repayment plan.... The advantage is, no matter how rich you think you are, there is always a time when, though you have the money to spend, you have to make use of your credit to ensure the money available in ur acct is available for other uses.

Good luck to your paradise, you that is not in Ogbomosho.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by djseanjohn77: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2022
grossintel:
Good, and what enables you to qualify for the loan to begin with ? Joblessness? Your access to credit loans depends on your credit score and that is also determined by your take home pay! There are literally no jobs in Nigeria so please don’t ever compare these two situations!

Not joblessness, I am gainfully employed, and well paid. In the same Naija that you say there is no job, I have friends & families that are doing well, likewise here, there are tons of Nigerians without jobs. My immediate younger bro is an analyst, built a house in FCT within a year, and changes jobs often. Firstly, many Nigerians are unemployable, take it or leave it. I am an Environmental & Sustainability Manager, I try as much as possible to give opportunities to my Nigerian brothers as officers, the majority of them are either lazy, lack computer knowledge (they only watch movies and browse....no reporting knowledge whatsoever, office package). Some cannot even sit and pass simple professional exams to qualify, all they wanna do is flex, and when some get the job, all they do is start eyeing your position not understanding the sacrifice you paid to get to the top. A sister of mine after graduation came here for holiday prior lockdown, ended up staying for 9 months, got exposed to so many things including training and professional certification. On getting to Nigeria, got a job of over 300k, within 6 months, was twice promoted in a year.

The only problem with Nigeria employers that i fault is, they first want to see your qualification first before you are even given the opportunity, you have to have 2.1 or a 1st class.....which is wrong. Over here, they first want to see what you can offer, then check if you have the necessary requisite for the position you applied for, most 3rd class would do better than 2.1 if given the opportunity, but they will never get the opportunity in Naija. I didn't know the importance or links to most online professional exams in my days in University....until i left the shores of Nigeria. Today, there are many free online professional bodies, all you need do is take the class and then pay for the certificate afterward, with no tuition or Registration to boost your CV. But most Nigerians will be on social media shouting OBITUARY, JAGABAN all day long.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by BluntCrazeMan: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
We really need to hear this man speak for two hours..
Let's hear him..
We can't wait
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by adekolaelect(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
DankemzI:
Agbado plus corn.
How do you intend to tax unemployed people?
Talk about job creation first
Ask your Obi pay master before killing yourself on Tinubu you can not vote for.the questions is for his supporters not you Obi Dogs.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by IbeOkehie: 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
olusma23:

How? Can you kindly explain it to me like primary school students.

If I may guess, does having access to funds depreciate country currency?

Interest rates are set by Central Banks. Let's say you have $10 million dollars. There's two countries you know - one has an interest rate of 2%, the other has an interest rate of 15%. You decide you just want to deposit your money in a bank and collect interest. Which country will you choose?

You're very likely to choose the country with 15% IR. So you will use your $10 million and buy the currency of that country so you can deposit the money in a bank in that country. When you buy the currency of that country, the value of the currency will increase. Simple.

(1) Right now the Central Bank of Nigeria has an interest rate of 12.5% or so.
(2) There are many people who are keeping their money in naira so they can collect that interest rate without having to do anything.
(3) If the CBN reduces interest rate to say, 8% , then those people will try and sell their naira and buy the currency of another country that has a higher interest rate so they can deposit their money in that country.
(4) Selling the naira will contribute to a loss in value of the naira.

The above is the basic calculus of how interest rates affect the value of a currency. The MAIN REASON that the CBN keeps interest rates high is to defend the value of the naira, to keep it overvalued. Yes, the naira is overvalued. It enables Nigerians to buy imported goods with less effort. In other words, it subsidizes consumption. The Nigerian people LOVE their subsidized and overvalued currency just like they love fuel subsidy, free university education, free healthcare and subsidized rice and subsidized electricity.

If my explanation isn't good enough why not Google? Everything you need to know is accessible.

Here:

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/040315/how-do-changes-national-interest-rates-affect-currencys-value-and-exchange-rate.asp
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by tinsel: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
phoneport:
Somebody should tell this man to keep Q A Y E T... Credit Facility my foot.
He is making serious sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Stop Calling Tinubu Drug Dealer – Baba-Ahmed / APC Wins All The Senatorial Seats In Oyo - PM News / CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.