Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption (27741 Views)

Foreign Refiners Woo Marketers With Credit Facilities / Hiring Tompolo,others To Secure Oil Facilities Is An Insult To Nigerians -Dakolo / Tinubu Lack Integrity That's Why Buhari Stay Away From His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Arelyn: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2022
descarado:

That is absolutely a hogwash.
You access credit facility when you are employed and has way of paying in the West.
If you fail to meet up, you will be penalised. More problem for you.
In Nigeria, where is the work?
Millions are unemployed.
You don't take the cart before the horse but that's what he is doing already.
As long as production and exportation remain zero in Nigeria, a dollar will become 1k very soon. Simple basic economics.

China was nothing 30 yrs ago.
We still boast, we don't want made in China but the same made in China has made them the world's second economy.
What do you produce, nothing.
Even aba people that are producing, ethnic hatred stiffled their growth from the centre.

Nigeria is number one globally in throwing lavish party. We waste more than we make.
You are giving out loans to people that is not captured on database?

If you are part of his team, tell them to write better proposals for him as this is a total f.

Each state has strength, he should capitalise on that. That is the message he should be sending. Message of hope and excitement.

That is why obi is gaining momentum.
For the first time, the poor people in the North felt they are part of the system and are eager to work even though they are not educated.
The world has more nonskilled workers than skilled workers.
Give them hope not coming every 4 years to use them under the disguise of religion after bribing They are tired. As long as those in power continue to practice politics of exclusion, Nigeria will never get better rather it will be worst. No country has ever progressed with that. Just a matter of time for the masses to come for the elite. Uprising starts any day and Nigeria is not immune to it. It take just one little nudge

Dust your sociology and psychology textbooks and read. It's no miracle. That's how the developed countries emerged.

Do you understand the term "means-tested"....If you carefully read through my submission there was no where mentioned credit facility is available to every tom, dick and harry....We are talking about one of the ways to reduce corruption and credit facility is one of them

There is no need to submit yourself to moral and ethical scrutiny if you know there are legitimate easy way to attain your luxuries..If I want a new iPhone, I don't need to steal from people, scam people or involve myself in other morally destabilising ventures when I know there is a system in place where I can pay as little a means-tested amount over a period of time to achieve it

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by GreyLaw(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2022
Kobicove:
Nigerians have a culture of not wanting to repay debts...this is one of the reasons why access to credit is highly restricted in this country undecided

You have no idea what you just wrote there. Think again!

In developed worlds the reason they pay back debts easily is because the have appropriate database. The government has a copy of your real birth certificate, they know all the cities you have been to, they know your address and everything about you, including your family tree! You cannot escape the system. From the day you are born you are being tracked.

Those are the real reasons.

In Nigeria the government doesn't know you or have your real data in file. You can walk into any bank now and open an account with fake addresses. NIN, BVN, international passport can all be procured with fake addresses.

Hear me: when the system is weak, the people are weak. Nigeria has a weak system so people circumvent it. Abroad, the system is strong and forces people to obey. Shebi na for US or Europe wey rem get CCTV cameras plus satellite images you go come escape the arms of the law? Here Boko Haram fit come Aso Rock and their identity is still hidden.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by mycar: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2022
Arelyn:

There are unemployed people everywhere in the world and that's why credit facilities are means-tested. If you don't have the means to pay for it, you can't get it...

There are millions of Government workers who are unable to get a roof over their heads but earn enough to afford to contribute 30K to 50K every month to pay over a long period like 30-35years to have a house to themselves. Credit facilities will ensure they can buy whatever they can afford to pay over some time. It is so funny that people can use this facility to buy something as stupid as a Phone and repay over 12-36months depending on what they can afford to pay, that's why it is always means-tested and not collateral dependent as we presently have in Nigeria.

The unemployed will have to get a means to attain regular income, an okada driver, a bus driver etc will comfortably own home if credit systems are in place unlike the present situation where individuals need to raise a bulk amount to buy land, raise another to do foundation and the cycle goes on
We have all these in Nigeria, the problem is ability to pay back and when the interest rate is low, government officials give it out to themselves by proxy.

The first thing we need in this country is accountability, active database, accessibility and the right leaders, intelligent and enterprising leader than he is ready to embrace new ways of going things
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by BATified2023: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2022
lexy2014:

No you haven't made sense.

1. What is the cause of corruption in Nigeria?

2. Why did the accountant general of the federation steal 81billion naira?

3. Tinubus daughters bought choice properties in the US costing at least $1million each without a known source of income. Where did they get the money from?
hate has blocked your sense of reasoning

The developed countries u hail run on this system n only few of them are available in Nigeria only for few rich,in advanced world u don’t have to lose sleep because u want a house or a car

I bet u don’t even know dr sid will pay for his house for complete 25 years?

Just imagine that convenience of purchasing things,it translates to the fact that u don’t have to steal to buy car,house or anything u desire

Many people we accuse of corruption,check what they use the money for n u will realize he’s right

That man charging u high n unnecessary in his office,check him well he might b building house,planning to buy car,paying children school fees n co but once things are in place u can borrow 10 million n pay it for long

With that 10 million u will have reasonable businesses to do to generate money

What I expect u to raise is data base that will enable that but ur hate is not making u think deep

A good data base where every citizen can b traced easily will enable this

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by aviara: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2022
If Tinubu wants to fight corruption he should tell us how he intends to stop inflated govt contracts, stealing of our crude oil, budget padding, vote buying during elections, bribing of policemen, judges, diversion of public patrimony. Govt officials shouldn't benefit from or through govt contracts either directly or indirectly. These are the main corruption issue bedeviling Nigeria

When you hear Tinubu speak like this you know he is not ready to fight corruption. He just wants to deceive ignorant minds and illiterates who think having a house and car is life greatest achievements.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Risentouch(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2022
Kingspin:
If this is not upside down lecture.

Lack of access to credit leads to corruption.
..Are you seeing what I am sawing?

I saws it oo!
Tinubumetrics
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by HRMK: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2022
aviara:
This old man has come again. With all the credit facilities Nigeria as a country has collected since 2015 till date, has it stopped corruption in the country?

He obviously doesn't know the definition of corruption. If you want to know the definition and scope of corruption listen to the interview of Peter Obi's running mate Yusuf Ahmed Datti
the obidients don come again wit dem product!i nor go dey surprise if dis na our igbo bros!i go tell una say,all dem politicians wey don get elected for 9ja be THIEVES!NO EXCEPTIONS AT ALL!!
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Johncuppa(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2022
Kobicove:
Nigerians have a culture of not wanting to repay debts...this is one of the reasons why access to credit is highly restricted in this country undecided
What happens in the case when some truly want to pay back and the economy affected the investment, business the money is being used for?

Or rather larger percentage of the money has gone to things government ought to have provided or subsided.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Ezmans: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2022
donbrowser:

Read you won't, watch video, you won't. Hatred has blinded you.
don't know what APC I'll use to campaign for 2023 election bcs; security zero, electricity zero, economy zero,corruption zero,
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Lightorder: 8:08am On Jul 30, 2022
lexy2014:

How does availability of credit facilities nip corruption in the bud?

What is the cause of corruption in Nigeria?
I wonder how people listen to Asiwaju these days. He is a shadow of what he use to be . He would trip if you ask him to repeat what he has just said.

Becoming a president would be a huge set back and reponsibilty to Nigeria. He won’t be even be in charge
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by aviara: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2022
Credit facilities is for people who have business ideas and people who have steady means of income. Corruption in Nigeria is more with govt officials. A lot of them don't need credit facilities because the national treasury is where to get their source of wealth. Don't let an old man fool you.

This was the same rubbish analysis some half smart guys said to install Buhari but today they are lamenting their poor analysis

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by 27Pushing30: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, you don't know what you're saying. In abroad if a loan or credit card is giving to you, they know the means of getting your repayment to the bank.
In Nigeria, if a loan is given to a worker, making return or repayment is a big problem. I know some of my colleagues in the office that have collected many loan facility in many financial institutions and repayment had become difficult for them. Many of them used it to buy car, some built houses, some for marriages, some invested it but could not meet up again with repayment because of bad economy. Like someone that collected a million naira loan and after loan deduction, his salary balance remain say #30,000. As a result of inflation, this #30,000 can no more meet up with monthly expenditure. Electricity bill take almost half of the money, half bag of rice take about #15,000. Where would such get money for other sundry? The children school fees are also there.
Giving loan facility to curb corruption is just Secondary. The primary factor to curb corruption is to create strong economy, create enabling environment and let there be equal wealth distribution, not that some are enjoying and the rest become puppets.

Read what you wrote and answer yourself … cos I’m your own write up you stated the problems

Also google the mortgage crisis of 2007.

Education isn’t by Bsc

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by 27Pushing30: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered the simple questions.

Tinubu answered your question in the video

Our “full payment upfront mentality naim dey cause corruption”
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by GlobTrotter: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2022
Aufbauh:
This man really sabi economics.
If not for his age/health concern to me, non of the presidential aspirants is close to him in capacity and deliverables.

No one thought of this as deterrent to corruption even in the past. This is a classical case of thinking outside the box by BAT.
so he says one word... Boom he is a genius
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2022
aviara:

How much is the guy's monthly salary? This is the aspect you will always be silent about. The accountant general of the federation stole N80b, was it lack of credit facilities that made him steal that much?

I just needed to show you that you are dull and your education is almost a waste

Abusive is your blood stream and I knew you can't take a bit of it. Educated fellow which you claimed, and your school didn't thought you that character matter slot. People that would steal will steal no matter what. Even the so called world power are stealing from developing countries as I am trying this.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Lightorder: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2022
Aufbauh:
This man really sabi economics.
If not for his age/health concern to me, non of the presidential aspirants is close to him in capacity and deliverables.

No one thought of this as deterrent to corruption even in the past. This is a classical case of thinking outside the box by BAT.
which and what businesses has he managed or built??
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Coldie(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2022
Kobicove:
Once your money enter another Nigerian hand u go dae pray and fast everyday to collect your money

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Fujiyama: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2022
Tareq1105:

Are you blaming their gullibility? You know all these Obi people are indomie children with little or no knowledge of good governance. I agree with them about the state of the nation but they don't think deeply and that's the mistake millions of Nigerians made in 2015. I mean this "kick and go" support for Buhari and APC took advantage of it not knowing that our man knew next to nothing. The same mistake is about to be repeated by these children. Capacity and experience is very key and that's what would inform my final decision next year.

^^^
cheesy

Why are you attacking another candidate? This discussion isn't about other candidates.

Things are not adding up here. You agree with those you call 'ignorant' about the poor state of the nation but you criticize their attempts to punish those responsible at the polls next year. So people should reward failure?

If the APC knew their man "knew next to nothing" (your words, not mine!) why then did they back him? undecided No matter how anyone tries to paint this, next years federal election is a referendum on the APC - and not other parties and their candidates. Let the people decide what they want!

You talk about 'capacity and experience' informing your final decision next year. cheesy

Ok.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Lightorder: 8:18am On Jul 30, 2022
ganja06:
Na lack of credit make you steal lagos to stupor
dont mind him. That his fans and supporters are stupid doesn’t mean that all of us are
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 30, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
Giving credit facility can not stop corruption in Nigeria. Let us first ask ourselves, why are those that have enough money still embezzling our common patrimony up and down?
For corruption to be nip in the bud, there's need to create enabling environment, create job opportunities and most importantly let there be attitudinal change. 70% of Nigerians are not patriotic at all. What is meant for a community, one person would won't to pack everything, not because he doesn't has but the greed in him/her.
Give loan to everyone, if there is no enabling environment, the money will fly away and repayment will be difficult. Why on the average, some are corrupt, not because they are not earning well but they want to meet up with taste because their income cannot meet up with demand. If such man is giving loan, the money given will drain because of bad economy.
So giving loan to curb corruption is secondary. The primary issues should be consider before the secondary.

He never mentioned loan per se, simply credit facilities like mortgage to buy house and pay little-by-little banking on your employment and ofcourse, the collateral is the house.

Surely, credit facility and taxing big purchases (widening tax net to include rich politicians like himself) alone cannot reduce corrupt, there'll be other means employed but it is one step towards it.

Who knows, should this idea of his be implemented, later on, you could also come up with solutions that will continuously reduce and hopefully eradicate the problem of corruption.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2022
lexy2014:

The man na werey, credit facility bro who, he is still insisting that credit facilities be given to civil servants to buy cars.

Credit facilities are meant for SMEs to boost the economy, truely this man will be worst than Buhari.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2022
deji17:
Makes lots of sense. This is the real economics.

How does giving credit facilities to civil servants help the economy, mr Economist.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2022
It is not lack of credit but serious credit not consumption credit but working credit with reasonable rate .....and commensurable infrastructure..abi when diesel or petrol chop all the credit how person go pay back.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2022
[quote author=Kingspin post=115208695]If this is not upside down lecture.

Lack of access to credit leads to corruption.
..Are you seeing what I am sawing?

[/quote

I am asking the same question, credit facilities to who, because he talked about corruption, credit facilities to civil servants?

This man will be worst than Buhari, when we have SMEs and other businesses that need credit, he is talking about giving loan to civil servants to buy cars and build houses.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2022
If that was what he said, why wasn't it done in the previous seven years?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by higgs: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2022
The credit market in Nigeria has grown quite big.The problem is that people 's real incomes have declined due to insecurity, unemployment, stagnant salaries and high inflation. Even interest rates charged by lenders in Nigeria are so high due to high inflation and the difficult operating environment.
As a result of all these,NPL in Nigeria is already higher and will keep increasing.
Access to credit facilities is not the main problem. The problem is the ability to repay the loans.
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Arelyn: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2022
mycar:

We have all these in Nigeria, the problem is ability to pay back and when the interest rate is low, government officials give it out to themselves by proxy.

The first thing we need in this country is accountability, active database, accessibility and the right leaders, intelligent and enterprising leader than he is ready to embrace new ways of going things

We have them but they are limited to only the big sharks that can afford to pay the excessive interest rate..Accountability is the number one problem but If these measures are targeted at those who receive their salary straight from Government coffers, we will be putting a large amount of people on their path to financial freedom and a good amount of those people won't see the need to indulge in any morally or ethically wrong venture to put a roof above their heads, that way some amount of corrupt practices will be shelved, which was what Tinubu was trying to say in that short clip
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Sestor1313(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2022
Widen the Tax net to include himself now that he is contesting. Hmm
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by IbadeHQ: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2022
deeway200:
Like the one we have access to in Lagos. Thief

If Asiwaju is a thief, what do you call Orji Kalu and Ikpeazu?
Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by pikabi6792: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2022
Bdh

Re: Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2022
Arelyn:
Credit facilities such as Mortgages, Car loans, personal loans, Educational loans etc are certainly the way to go to attain luxury in most developed countries everyone wants to "Japa" to.....Availability of both soft loans and hard loans will reduce dependence on bulky cash transactions; a precursor for corruption) which means individuals only need to find a regular and steady means of paying back a predetermined amount then other secondary needs can be achieved with ease

You can try to deny it but a large number of Nigerians in the diaspora who have a house to themselves today or will buy in future can only achieve it through a mortgage and you don't need to be in the most glamorous of all jobs to own a home in most of these countries because individuals are means-tested before loans are handed to them and such loans are protected with different forms of insurance ( mortgage insurance, life assurance, income protection insurance etc.)

He has a genuine point and liberals like me love to hear alternative solutions to the status quo and not the normal shenanigans our politicians dish out to appeal to emotions. I guess this submission and the widening of the tax bracket are different ideas that are not common for politicians to come up with...

The things you listed their are so sweet and talk God you said in a developed economy, Nigeria is an underdeveloped country, making loans available for civil servants shouldn't be their priority.

In growth models, there are stages of Economic growth, Nigeria have not reached that stage. What we need now is loans for SMEs and other manufacturers that will boost the economy and create more Jobs, when we leave the stage of take off to stage of mass consumption, then we can talk about credit facilities for civil servants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu: Hundeyin’s Rehash Of Old Wives’ Tales - The Cable / HURIWA Demands Tinubu’s Disqualification, Resignation Over Identity Theft / President Jonathan Campaign In Abakaliki LIVE (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.