Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) (5516 Views)

Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive / Video: Senior Lecturer Of UNIZIK Resorts To Gari Production Due To Strike / How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by TrendHQ: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo

A Nigerian lecturer Christiana Chundung, has opened up on how she ventured into the sale of potatoes in a bid to make ends meet.

The woman who was employed a year ago said she began plying the trade due to the lingering strike action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

She is a lecturer in the department of development communication, Faculty of Communication and Media Studies, University of Uyo.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent newspaper, Christiana declared her intention to continue selling potatoes for the next five years if that would be her sacrifice for the nation’s educational system to function effectively.

SEE PHOTOS

https://www.trendhq.com.ng/viral-post/lecturer-resorts-to-hawking-potatoes-to-survive-in-uyo/

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by saintjimos(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2022
So sad
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Blake755: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ah najia my country which way sad sad
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Onucs(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
E choke!

If dem like, make them no return to class

Government looking for a way to cut expenditure, then fiam, ASUU ventures into strike. Government be like: cut off that salary grin

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by CaptMarvel(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
Keep up.
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Brainmytool: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
If u are thinking there will still be education in this country, den i will urge u to go for mental test.

The only thing the youths needs to do now is: ARM THEMSELVES WITH WEAPONS COS WAR IS COMING. Don't say i didn't tell u earlier.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Stargangz: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2022
I dont pity him, he go soon hawk rat poison for survival, lecturers are the most wicked set of people.

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2022
Onucs:
E choke!

If dem like, make them no return to class

Government looking for a way to cut expenditure, then fiam, ASUU ventures into strike. Government be like: cut off that salary grin

ASUU knows this, yet they declare unending strike

ASUU too wise...

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
Brainmytool:
If u are thinking there will still be education in this country, den i will urge u to go for mental test.

The only thing the youths needs to do now is: ARM THEMSELVES WITH WEAPONS COS WAR IS COMING. Don't say i didn't tell u earlier.

Senior man Abeg where Dem dey sell.

I also smell war coming.

Frustration here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Stargangz:
I dont pity him, he go soon hawk rat poison for survival, lecturers are the most wicked set of people.

One lecturer wey dey my street. Him pikin don start hookup for survival

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Brainmytool: 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Queensee:

Senior man Abeg where Dem dey sell.

I also smell war coming.

Frustration here and there.

I wan get license first. Go get license and come join me cos am searching for place to buy desperately
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by floss(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Rexymania(m): 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
Wow, with all your knowledge and influence, Nigeria brought you to naught
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2022
Brainmytool:

I wan get license first. Go get license and come join me cos am searching for place to buy desperately

When that time comes, I'll buy 2, and will use it to take care of ASUU chairman

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Rexymania:
Wow, with all your knowledge and influence, Nigeria brought you to naught

This is another approach to look at the matter.

They think the grass is greener on the other side. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Brainmytool: 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
Queensee:

When that time comes, I'll buy 2, and will use it to take care of ASUU chairman

Which school u dey?
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
saintjimos:
So sad

He could be earning more than he used to earn as a lecturer in selling potatoes to survive tongue
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Treasure17(m): 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2022
The unfortunate people in the corridor of power are on a mission to destroy education completely. This country nawa o.
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Holybaddo: 12:29am On Jul 30, 2022
See what APC have done
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Dvdpity: 1:07am On Jul 30, 2022
Brainmytool:

You are hundred percent right. War is coming and if you have money in the Bank be ready to remove it and convert it to dollars your house is the bank you have now
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by MrNobody001: 1:10am On Jul 30, 2022
Fireboy has released the tracklist to his upcoming Album titled Playboy scheduled to be released on the 5th of August 2022.

Visit the link post below to know what to expect from the upcoming Album.

https://musictown.com.ng/fireboy-releases-tracklists-to-his-new-album-playboy/

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by eteebanky1: 4:39am On Jul 30, 2022
Good for for them
You did not strike because of salary
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Ibehdonl(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Honestly, it makes no sense seeing that lecturer hawking potatoes, even though man must survive.

But I have a help to render to that lecturer and anyone else who needs to be financially stable. Don't be sceptical, do it and EARN GOOD MONEY for yourself. It's quite simple and you continue to earn and withdraw over N80,000.

Contact me on WhatsApp 08138040424 for the link.
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Aqesimitta: 7:45am On Jul 30, 2022
The child not taught will sell the house well built

Someone once said : since govt don't have time for educating the young ones, they should build prisons and jails for them after they turn to criminals
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by YourFavorite21(m): 8:44am On Jul 30, 2022
That Lecturer deserves something more worser than hawking potatoes, Nigerian Lecturers are too heartless and wicked , 98% of them.
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by mimic1190: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2022
smiley

Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Thermodynamics(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2022
They should eat the sorting/handout/textbook money they have been forcefully extorting from students all these while.

I don't pity these lecturers, many if them are criminals, many are corrupt bastards no better than our Nigerian politicians. You see them walking around campus feeling like a God, forcing female students to bed and forcing all students to pay bribe or fail.
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by Oceanjagaban: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2022
Clout chasing
Re: Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos) by HarlequinLekex: 10:47am On Jul 30, 2022
Nigeria is about to explode,count down from now

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. / Cults In Our School / 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.