Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! (8505 Views)

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired / Why The Galaxy S23 Ultra Is NOT Worth Buying / Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S21 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by SouthSouth1914: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

A friend of mine uses iPhone 13 Pro Max, while I use S22 Ultra, she handed me her phone to snap her so I took a few shots before switching to my Samsung.......I took just one shot and I saw how inferior she felt seeing the picture quality on Samsung ���.

13Pro murdered the s21 ultra, not to talk of the PROMAX!

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by tecnolad(m): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

A friend of mine uses iPhone 13 Pro Max, while I use S22 Ultra, she handed me her phone to snap her so I took a few shots before switching to my Samsung.......I took just one shot and I saw how inferior she felt seeing the picture quality on Samsung ���.

Do me a favor: take a picture with both phones' camera main lenses (1x), then zoom it in and share the results.

Or try recording a video with both phones and compare. To make things even interesting: record an 8k video on your Samsung and compare it with the iPhone's 4k video.

You might end up having a different opinion.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

13Pro murdered the s21 ultra, not to talk of the PROMAX!

You Google too much and base your assumptions on Google. If you have to Google to argue at least Google the right keywords. You searched S21 vs iPhone 13. The right search is S22 Ultra vs IPhone 13 pro max.

5 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Bigfish121(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2022
How much did you get your Samsung watch?
Am using a Samsung s20 plus though.

oracle009:

Don't worry. I'm a die-hard samsung fan also. I struggled to purchase note9 in 2020 from nurex09. I was so joyous and was planning to buy note 10 in future.

Alas! This year February, I was one of the 100 people that pre-ordered samsung s22ultra cheesy Never give up, I have a s22ultra + samsung watch4. Same with my wife, and now I don't feel so obsessed as I do feel before I got it. grin grin
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

Do me a favor: take a picture with both phones' camera main lenses (1x), then zoom it in and share the results.

Or try recording a video with both phones and compare. To make things even interesting: record an 8k video on your Samsung and compare it with the iPhone's 4k video.

You might end up having a different opinion.

If you haven't handled both phones side by side to make these comparism you won't get it. You are talking about zoom, who takes a normal photoshoot with zoom? Why did you skip the important use case like night shots? grin you need to see S22 Ultra night mood.

Again you mentioned 8K grin. What's the use of 8K and 4K to normal user? You see YouTubers recording 8K and 4K videos, they all have I phones but when the time for shooting comes, they would go for proper digital cameras. So when talking about phones, talk about what's important to everyday user.

3 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by SouthSouth1914: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

You Google too much and base your assumptions on Google. If you have to Google to argue at least Google the right keywords. You searched S21 vs iPhone 13. The right search is S22 Ultra vs IPhone 13 pro max.

True, the s22 is a powerhouse no doubt, but the device has some defection. Slow to charge, heavy and lags behind most flagship devices!
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by SouthSouth1914: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by tecnolad(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

If you haven't handled both phones side by side to make these comparism you won't get it. You are talking about zoom, who takes a normal photoshoot with zoom? Why did you skip the important use case like night shots? grin you need to see S22 Ultra night mood.

Again you mentioned 8K grin. What's the use of 8K and 4K to normal user? You see YouTubers recording 8K and 4K videos, they all have I phones but when the time for shooting comes, they would go for proper digital cameras. So when talking about phones, talk about what's important to everyday user.

I have handled both phones and I know what I'm talking about. I didn't say you take a picture with zoom; I clearly mentioned to take the pictures on each phone's main lens (1x).

Samsung phones often have this smoothening and watercolor effect and lose details when you zoom-in on a picture you thought was sharp and nice; iPhone does better at retaining details in pictures when you zoom them in.

Whether you're recording in 1080P, 4k or any other K, iPhone has always won that race. It's not even news. It's not about what resolution you're recording on right now.

So far you have mentioned night mode, which, of course, the Samsung wins at; but I have mentioned many departments where I believe that the iPhone is a better phone.

Do you have anything to counter these things I mentioned, apart from having a better night mode, better when and reverse wireless charge?

That the Samsung S22 Ultra performance gets beaten by the iPhone 13 Pro Max's A15 Bionic is quite pitiable, since the 13PM was released last year.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Buzx: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

I have handled both phones and I know what I'm talking about. I didn't say you take a picture with zoom; I clearly mentioned to take the pictures on each phone's main lens (1x).

Samsung phones often have this smoothening and watercolor effect and lose details when you zoom-in on a picture you thought was sharp and nice; iPhone does better at retaining details in pictures when you zoom them in.

Whether you're recording in 1080P, 4k or any other K, iPhone has always won that race. It's not even news. It's not about what resolution you're recording on right now.

So far you have mentioned night mode, which, of course, the Samsung wins at; but I have mentioned many departments where I believe that the iPhone is a better phone.

Do you have anything to counter these things I mentioned, apart from having a better night mode, better when and reverse wireless charge?

That the Samsung S22 Ultra performance gets beaten by the iPhone 13 Pro Max's A15 Bionic is quite pitiable, since the 13PM was released last year.

That it was released last year doesn't mean anything. The S22U was released Feb this year and the 13 pro max, September last year, but they're direct rivals. As we speak, both companies have already started developing their next flagship devices and will be released at different times, so the date doesn't really matter.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by tecnolad(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2022
Buzx:

That it was released last year doesn't mean anything. The S22U was released Feb this year and the 13 pro max, September last year, but they're direct rivals. As we speak, both companies have already started developing their next flagship devices and will be released at different times, so the date doesn't really matter.

Sure. But we can all agree that one company went all the way to arm their devices with the best processor and GPU, yeah?

Now let's respect that and agree that iPhones aren't as overhyped as most people claim.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by somenody: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
me watching y'all Argue with my Nokia 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by michaellovaldo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

And is it every picture you take,you zoom in just to get pleased by the details you see...I mean a lot of people out there just want to take great looking and sharppp pictures, S22 ultra is gon do that effortlessly,apart from that... Most pictures taken are posted on social media which decreases details anyways..

We've been hearing about how powerful Bionic silicons are for years...but you don't even see huge difference in day to day task,I. Mean Snapdragon 845 in S9plus is still damn fast...

The bionic chips are underutilized when compared to what you can do on the android side(just check what Google is doing with Tensor)..

YouTubers will say iPhones can transcode videos and bla blah blah faster but how many of them actually do their editing on smartphones.

That said, videos shot on iPhones are better! But I expect Pixel to catch up soon,they did a very good job with HDRnet.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Tobijays: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
Engrgibbs:
All those over hyped phone.. Samsung S22 ultra over Iphone 13 promax any day any time
omo nah the Samsung z fold Mann

3 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Tobijays: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Overlord999(m): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

I respect your decision of picking the Samsung S22 Ultra over the iPhone 13 Pro Max; however, the 13 Pro Max isn't overrated.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, although being Apple's last year flagship device, packs a stronger processor than the Samsung S22 Ultra; let's not even try comparing battery lives of both phones.

Also, there's better speaker quality, better build on the iPhone and face unlock, for me, is way more convenient than using a fingerprint scanner.

If you own more than one Apple device, you enjoy Apple's unmatched ecosystem.

Finally, the iPhone 13 Pro Max video recording beasts the S22 ultra any day.

See it's not overhyped? But I guess everyone has what works best for them.
The only things i can agree with you here is battery life. Yes no phone touches 13pm when it comes to battery.

Yeah, iphone always have a stronger processor but that argument is mostly moot to me since iOS doesn't take advantage of all that power. It's only benefit is future proofing. your phone will still be decently fast 5years from now .

And Yes iphone has always been the best at video recording, but from what I've seen between 13 pro and s22 , the iphone only wins low light video recording
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Biglittlelois(f): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

I just Google the price and I'm seeing 1.2m shocked
I didn't know it is that expensive, was thinking of buying iPhone but as it is now, I'd rather buy Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Greatdand007(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
Engrgibbs:
All those over hyped phone.. Samsung S22 ultra over Iphone 13 promax any day any time

It shows you don’t know about phones
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Greatdand007(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
Biglittlelois:

I didn't know it is that expensive, was thinking of buying iPhone but as it is now, I'd rather buy Samsung.

Buy iPhone don’t buy all those chinko phone
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
Biglittlelois:

What's 1.2M? Don't let anyone cheat you oo.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Overlord999(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

Lol It's funny how some people lie and say they've used both phones just to make their opinion sound valid. I haven't used 13pm but i know damn s22 ultra is very good at retaining detail when zoomed in (I'm referring to 1x cam) because I've tested it .

if you check Dxo's review of S22 ultra, you'll see where s22's ability to retain texture for the main lens is compared to iphone 13 pro max and s22 ultra (snapdragon) is better at retaining detail.

Yes Samsung had this smoothening and watercolor effect which was Because of their agressive noise reduction and then over sharpening to compensate for Lost detail. I used to see it on my s21U but after months of updates it was clearly fixed and I can confidently say it's not on S22u even though I don't have the phone.

Samsung's shitty image processing is a thing of the past. Most comparisons I've seen show that S22u is better overall for photos, while iphone wins for video

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
michaellovaldo:

And is it every picture you take,you zoom in just to get pleased by the details you see...I mean a lot of people out there just want to take great looking and sharppp pictures, S22 ultra is gon do that effortlessly,apart from that... Most pictures taken are posted on social media which decreases details anyways..

We've been hearing about how powerful Bionic silicons are for years...but you don't even see huge difference in day to day task,I. Mean Snapdragon 845 in S9plus is still damn fast...

The bionic chips are underutilized when compared to what you can do on the android side(just check what Google is doing with Tensor)..

YouTubers will say iPhones can transcode videos and bla blah blah faster but how many of them actually do their editing on smartphones.

That said, videos shot on iPhones are better! But I expect Pixel to catch up soon,they did a very good job with HDRnet.

Exactly all I pointed out to him. He seem to neglect day to day use cases, who does 4K recording on phones for a serious project? The phone will become extremely hot, Limited storage, e.t.c.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Overlord999(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
Greatdand007:

It shows you don’t know about phones
Learn to respect people's preferences we can't all like desame thing
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by nams77: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
uncleck:
Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra is my dream phone. If I lay my hand on it I don't mind using it for ten years. I'm so obsessed with the phone that whenever I visit any online store, it is the first thing I search even though I cannot afford it. I nearly bought a copy of the phone on Alibaba last week even though I know it's not the original.

Please how can I overcome this obsession?
Anytime the thought of that phone comes to your mind, just remember that land in Adeje begins from 500k cool

Rocking my redmi in peace
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Biglittlelois(f): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Greatdand007:

Buy iPhone don’t buy all those chinko phone

I think Samsung is owned by a South Korean not chinko.

3 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Biglittlelois(f): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

What's 1.2M? Don't let anyone cheat you oo.

It is stated 1.2m on konga, how much is the real price then?

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Greatdand007(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
Danmboss:

What's is in iPhone 13 that's not on 12 battery not included.

It shows you don’t know about phone
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
Biglittlelois:

It is stated 1.2m on konga, how much is the real price then?

Which phone Exactly?
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Biglittlelois(f): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
1x2x3:

Which phone Exactly?

S22U.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by shedy03(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
tecnolad:

You just opened the Pandora's box �
lols
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by 1x2x3: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Biglittlelois:

S22U.

It's between 540K to 620K depending on storage size. You can hola the number on my signature.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by fish33ou: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why The NO: 5 On Every Phone Keyboard Has A Dot Behind It? / My Tecno L8 Charges So Slow / Download Fmwhatsapp V8.45 Mod Latest Version For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.