Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! (8539 Views)

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired / Why The Galaxy S23 Ultra Is NOT Worth Buying / Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S21 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Greatdand007(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
Unbiased1:

lol. I was expecting you to tell me how iPhone is better than Samsung.

Alaye iPhone is better than Samsung take it or leave it I am an expert in the field come let me teach you
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Unbiased1: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2022
tecnolad:

You've made some valid points while many points are bias.

Iphones have poor RAM management? I have used the best of Android devices and none of them took me back to the exact point where I left an app running.

I never close any app, and every time I open apps I used in the last day, I am welcomed by the page I was before I minimized the app. How do you define "good ram management"?

Talking about durability, build quality and overall premium feel; kindly mention one Samsung device that has stainless steel used in its build. Even the almighty S22 Ultra rocks an aluminum frame.

You gave an excuse that Samsung phones with curved screen tend to crack faster because of the way they're built to give nice aesthetics to the phone. This would mean that Samsung chose aesthetics over durability, which would be a win for the iphone 13 Pro Max.

About the USB type C, I honestly prefer the lightening port on iphones, because it allows for easy cleaning of your phone's charging port, without the fear of breaking anything. The EU is just trying to curb Apple's monopoly, while ensuring that users can easily use other accessories with their iphones.

Samsung has their wins and Apple has theirs. Let's not say that one device is inferior

I never said iPhone has poor RAM management. If you read my comment well you will see where I wrote about how Android companies have compensated for the less optimised OS by using larger RAM. I was only trying to make the other guy understand that iPhone is not superior to Android devices especially Samsung devices.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Unbiased1: 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2022
Greatdand007:

Alaye iPhone is better than Samsung take it or leave it I am an expert in the field come let me teach you

Expert that can't defend his point. lol
So where should I come to meet you?

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by tecnolad(m): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2022
Unbiased1:

I never said iPhone has poor RAM management. If you read my comment well you will see where I wrote about how Android companies have compensated for the less optimised OS by using larger RAM. I was only trying to make the other guy understand that iPhone is not superior to Android devices especially Samsung devices.

Larger ram doesn't always mean better optimization, speed and efficiency, just like larger pixels don't always mean better camera.

This is why a Samsung device with 6GB ram will perform better than a tecno device running on 6GB of ram.

The iphone 13 Pro Max is super optimized, and despite that the Pixel 6 Pro rocks processor, software and hardware from the same company, Google's Tensor can't compete with the A15 Bionic.

The A15 Bionic has better clock speed, and it has way better architecture that allows activities to be processed faster. Let's not even talk about the GPU; Apple just knows their onion when it comes to these things.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by uncleck: 12:04am On Aug 03, 2022
You guys are really funny in this forum. Apple makes premium phones. Samsung makes premium phones and others. It is preposterous to say that Samsung or apple makes a scrap phone. How can you use crap while discussing iphone pro max, galaxy S ultra, galaxy Z fold? I can say unequivocally that majority of phone users never utilize half the potentials of their premium phones. So the extra features in premium phones are just for prestige.

You can't actually say that 13 pro max is better than S22ultra and vice versa. Both phones have their strengths and weaknesses. In the end, individual choice rein supreme.

Personally I'm in love with S 21 ultra. But that doesn't mean that I won't jump up if given any of S22 ultra or 13 pro max

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Unbiased1: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2022
tecnolad:

Larger ram doesn't always mean better optimization, speed and efficiency, just like larger pixels don't always mean better camera.

This is why a Samsung device with 6GB ram will perform better than a tecno device running on 6GB of ram.

The iphone 13 Pro Max is super optimized, and despite that the Pixel 6 Pro rocks processor, software and hardware from the same company, Google's Tensor can't compete with the A15 Bionic.

The A15 Bionic has better clock speed, and it has way better architecture that allows activities to be processed faster. Let's not even talk about the GPU; Apple just knows their onion when it comes to these things.

One thing is phone spec and thing is phone real life performance. Several tech reviewers have done these comparisons on YouTube and the iPhone does not keep apps in store better than most Android Flagships and I never said bigger RAM brings about better optimisation, this is the 2nd time you are misinterpreting what I said.The way iOS is designed to store apps in memory is different from that of Android while iPhone requires more less RAM to keeps a reasonable amount of minimised apps in store, Android devices need to add more RAM to deliver similar level of management.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Greatdand007(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Unbiased1:

Expert that can't defend his point. lol
So where should I come to meet you?

Come to my office in computer village
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by ManyThanks: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
tecnolad:

That is good. Are you willing to learn Facebook marketing skills? While you can make money with this skill alone, you could also learn how to design a sales funnel and then market your own products.

Or

You could find an affiliate product and use your acquire Facebook marketing skills to promote such product and earn commission on every sale.

Yes. Sorry for the late reply. I'm ready to learn the above.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by jom28gy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
How is Google pixel 2XL, like?
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by uncleck: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
jom28gy:
How is Google pixel 2XL, like?
nice phone
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by jom28gy(m): 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
uncleck:
nice phone
I need it, but don't know how much it is?
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by AmuRubber(m): 3:14am On Apr 06, 2023
Unbiased1:

iPhone is only oga in pumping out high Geekbench scores and sending up to 6 years OS and Security updates, other than those, iPhone is never and can never be an OGA over Samsung.

On normal usage, iPhone and other flagship Android devices perform in a similar manner, even Samsung phones open apps at similar speed with the iPhone 13 Pro Max despite the iPhone having a processor that has better performance.

The Samsung S21's screen has better colour accuracy than that of any iPhone ever created and it has a better resolution at 1440p and and much higher pixel density.

The internet speed of the Samsung S21 ultra is higher than that of the iPhone 13 Pro Max, you can confirm that yourself by checking the upload and download speeds of both devices using the same network provider.

The Samsung devices with the Snapdragon processor provide similar camera performance and the Samsung 22 Ultra can be considered as a better camera device than the iPhone. It shoots better portraits than the iPhone 13 Pro Max in both daylight and low light conditions, the selfie pictures are sharper than what you get from the iPhone, the Samsung handles exposure better especially in highly bright environment where iPhone has always failed to perform or do you want to compare both phones in a Zoom test? Samsung will destroy iPhone in any zoom test. You can check out comparisons on YouTube to see for yourself. The Samsung S21 and S22 can shoot a clear and visible shot of the moon at night and handle the light coming from the moon perfectly. No iPhone ever created can see the moon clearly. What of low light? The iPhone still struggles to put up a good fight. iPhone only takes better videos than other phones which is a title they are definitely going lose this year. The newly launched Pixel 6a, even when shooting at 1080p, managed to capture the clouds and provide better colour accuracy than the 4k video of the iPhone 13 Pro Max on a sunny day. I would have posted the link to the camera comparison here if only Nairaland's bot would not delete this post.

Lets us talk about build quality. Anybody who says the iPhone has a better build quality than the Samsung is just deceiving himself/herself. The conditions that will destroy the screen of the Samsung will also destroy that of the iPhone. The Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on the Samsung S21 and S22 is comparable to the ceramic back on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The only reason why the Samsung's front glass tends to have longer cracks when dropped from the same height with the iPhone is because of the stylish curved Amoled screen on the Samsung which means a larger surface area of the screen will make contact with ground when the Samsung is dropped from a reasonable height compared to the flat screen on the iPhone that is fully protected by the iPhone's frame.

Lets talk about RAM management. Due to how iSO is designed to be highly optimised to run with the bionic processor in the iPhone as well as the highly optimised apps that are created for iOS, iPhone devices tend to require less RAM to store as much information as a similar Android device but Android phone companies have fully compensated for that by providing much higher RAM that is why you see Samsung phones coming with up to 12GB RAM and even ASUS coming with 16gb RAM. As we speak, the iPhone 13 Pro Max does not have better RAM management than the Google Pixel 6 Pro talkless of the Samsung S22 Ultra that has a higher RAM than the Pixel.

What of battery charging speed? Android devices, especially those from Xiaomi, Realme and Oppo can charge from 0 to 100% in just 30 mins or less compared to the nonsense we still get from iPhone that takes over 1 hour 30 min to fully charge. I can simply place my earbud on my Android phone and my phone will use reverse wireless charging to recharge my earbud. I can even get up to 15 watts reverse wireless charge with an Android device.

Lets even talk about random things like Screen refresh rate where I get 120hz refresh rate even with some Midrange Android devices like Xiaomi's Redmi devices when iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini still have 60hz. The lightning port that iPhones used to come with are now being rejected across the world as all smartphone companies are expected to use USB type C. Lets say I'm a camera freak, do you think I would pick an iPhone 13 Pro Max of over 1000 dollars when there is a Google Pixel 6a of less than 500 dollars that has similar camera quality despite having a lower hardware? The iPhone 13 Pro Max could not even produce better skin colour than the midrange Google Pixel 6a and you dare say Apple makes better phones than Android companies? Look at the nonsense iPhone SE they have been launching that does not even have night sight technology integrated into its camera app.
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Samademir: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2023
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Squbi: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
S21 Ultra
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Lol. Life een

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OS 10.3.1.2267 / SR 1581 Autoloaders Free Download And Easy Upgrade / Awoof! Enjoy MTN Free Call, SMS And 2GB / Real Football 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.