Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,177 members, 7,867,414 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja (34339 Views)

CJN Disguises On Wheelchair To Hold Secret Meeting With Tinubu In London - PG / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Dogara, Babachir’s Gang Are Impostors — Tinubu / Udom, Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Ortom, Dogara Storm Dunamis For Dr Paul Enenche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2022
Makinaki:
Babachir, abeg go Siddon with your selective Christianity. The time you dey thief government money as SGF dey award yourself multi million naira contracts,na so your own Bible teach you? Christian my foot! Yeye hypocrite
Ataya oooo. And na Christian.
I'm Christian and what I dislike most is to drag issue of Christian as VP or the likes.
I heard of an issue just yesterday that occured when a woman absconded with a man's cooperative savings cos he trusted her to keep watch over it as she happened to be the Secretary to the organisation. Turns out she is Christian.... My point in all these, the self quoted Christians are more unrighteous than a self quoted Muslim.. cos the self acclaimed Christian doesn't even know the tenets of his or her faith.. they are the ones that hurl curses most on nairaland, and they are Christians, Dogara has been following Tinubu upandan before he picked VP, all for his selfish interest..and he's Christian, the backstabber who connived with PDP honourables that year, false Christian. If Tinubu had picked him, I would never vote for him. But my vote is definitely for him. And my entire Christian household is voting ABAT.
I don't mix my faith with politics, the worst bosses are acclaimed Christians. I come in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Ibkhaleel: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2022
MUSACALLY:

Pls what did you smoke this morning. A Muslim Muslim ticket can never win. Dogara played a key role in overthrowing Bauchi past governor M.A Abubakar thus the emergence of Gov. Bala Mohammed. No wonder they call him the Game Changer
The burukutu you were born and brought up with is what you thought i tasted...

You guys are minority and you lose all the time. Whoever gets the support of bigots is already jinxed.

Dogara is of no value at Bauchi, u assume he is of importance because of the state the Muslims gave him to play!

Never again....

No sensible human invest in a lose.

Any attempt to pick who isn't a northern Muslim is a win for Atiku and his PDP. It is like somebody getting to gate of heaven then decided to commit adultery...

Politics is a game of number...

Northern xtians are the minority and can never decide who wins presidential election...

The vote from A single LGA of Kano outrides the entire votes of the northern arna...

Northerners have picked their representative.
The North has rejected a Christian fromn
representing them.

Tinubu is your next president....

1 Like

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Mitsurugi(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

And who told you others didn't share dollars? If you are not close to delegates who went from your state, then don't jump on incomplete tales told by people who weren't even on ground at the venue.

We're still saying the same thing bro. He paid the highest sum..... he was the first amongst equals. Being there or not at least we all know convention grounds in the Nigerian political space are business gatherings, such that Tinubu's manner of emergence does not guarantee him as the best of the most competent....... but the most affluent.... just like Atiku. Let's follow these idiots with sense because na we go suffer am las las. Tinubu or any of his lot does not give a sh.t.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Hezzyluv: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2022
I laugh in laughter. grin
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2022
toba1909:

This should tell you more pls.

2019 Presidential Election Results in the LGAs of Babachir Lawal, Boss Mustapha, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara and Sen. Kashim Shettima.

1. Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha hails from same state with pdp presidential candidate, Alh. Atiku Abubakar. Both Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha are christians from Hong LGA. Here is the 2019 Presidential election result in their LGA.

Hong Local Government Adamawa State
APC – 20,471
PDP – 23,039

2. Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara is christian from Bogoro LGA in Bauchi State, here is the 2019 Presidential election result in his LGA.

Bogoro Local Government Bauchi State
APC 5,284
PDP 23,664

3. The Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, His Excellency, Distinguished Sen. Kashim Shettima, hails from Maiduguri Metropolitan Council in Borno State, below is the 2019 Presidential election result in his LGA.

MiduguriI Metropolitan Council
APC: 146,181
PDP: 9,632

Whenever you see some politicians writing different publications against Muslim-Muslim ticket of APC, it ain't entirely that they love the Christians, it's about selfish interest and to create disaffection between the Christians and Muslims in the country.
God bless you.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2022
MUSACALLY:

Pls what did you smoke this morning. A Muslim Muslim ticket can never win. Dogara played a key role in overthrowing Bauchi past governor M.A Abubakar thus the emergence of Gov. Bala Mohammed. No wonder they call him the Game Changer
What he smoked?
But you are saying a Muslim Muslim ticket CAN NEVER win.
You are contradictory cos what you said seems odd to me.
And I'm sure Tinubu would win, so I can't understand your stance about NEVER... Many said so during the Presidential primaries tho
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

You seem to be clear-headed unlike many biased analysts so I'll get into an healthy discussion sir. His emilokan tantrum wasn't what got him the APC presidential candidature, it was the survival of the fittest as no one was forced to step down for him but he got the spot by his popularism amidst those who mattered. The NW are fully aware that the choice of VP mustn't necessarily come from their end, though preferable for them, that doesn't mean they are now disenchanted. Disappointed, maybe, but they would still work for him. They don't play hypocritical politics like the south, if they were disenchanted, they would back out openly. Only the south play backstabbing politics, the north put their money where their mouth is, except for few like Saraki, Dogara... Maybe it's a NC thing...
Ok. Let's have a healthy discussion then.
Dogara is NE. I don't know what you mean by backstabbing. Who backstabbed who? Tambuwal who was recently unveiled as the poster boy of backstabbing is NW. El-Rufai has been serially denounced by almost all his political benefactors as disloyal. He's also NW. So I think it's unfair to claim only the south backstab. And who is backstabbing in the south I ask again? But this is just by the way.
The northern govs who were his main backers ceded the presidency to the south on the basis of it's their turn. It's obvious the northern establishment don't think along that line. If North voted North and South voted south in APC primary, I'm sure you'll agree the result would have been different.
The point is the southern govs forum came out to say it's the turn of the south. Same with a very good number of South leaning bodies. Lastly, Tinubu himself came out to say "Yoruba l'okan". It is that point I'm interrogating. Is it true in all good conscience? If we say the presidency must come south because we're rotating, can Yoruba lay claim to being the rightful part of the south to ascend the presidency? If you look at it, the northern hegemony was birthed by the idea of one North. It was the idea of one North that led to Ahmadu Bello ceding the prime minister to NE then. It was also that idea that led to a Christian North Central Yakubu Gowon emerging as first military president from North.
You can't play principle of rotation on one hand and play exclusion on the other. It is why we claim it is south's turn, but south is more divided than ever before!! If we want to have southern hegemony, it has to be through give and take not winner takes all. If we don't have southern hegemony, then rotation simply is on shaky ground.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

God bless you.
Funny you believe that result is real. Same day that election held, a bomb blast went off in that same Maiduguri metropolis. Yet they had more votes than some parts of Lagos!!
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2022
Mitsurugi:

We're still saying the same thing bro. He paid the highest sum..... he was the first amongst equals. Being there or not at least we all know convention grounds in the Nigerian political space are business gatherings, such that Tinubu's manner of emergence does not guarantee him as the best of the most competent....... but the most affluent.... just like Atiku. Let's follow these idiots with sense because na we go suffer am las las. Tinubu or any of his lot does not give a sh.t.
I get your point but we must also look to who would give the masses the best living conditions, and from first hand experience, I'm sure Tinubu would do just that,I'm certain the country would prosper across board. Obi doesn't give a s**t, and neither does Atiku. Obi kneeling in church has nothing to do with his state of heart, even Lucifer was in the garden of God... Not to mention Judas...
So my understanding is that none of the major presidential aspirants is a saint, but my best bet for optimal performance and putting together a group of intellectuals to get the job done in a messed up nation like ours is ABAT.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
The burukutu you were born and brought up with is what you thought i tasted...

You guys are minority and you lose all the time. Whoever gets the support of bigots is already jinxed.

Dogara is of no value at Bauchi, u assume he is of importance because of the state the Muslims gave him to play!

Never again....

No sensible human invest in a lose.

Any attempt to pick who isn't a northern Muslim is a win for Atiku and his PDP. It is like somebody getting to gate of heaven then decided to commit adultery...

Politics is a game of number...

Northern xtians are the minority and can never decide who wins presidential election...

The vote from A single LGA of Kano outrides the entire votes of the northern arna...

Northerners have picked their representative.
The North has rejected a Christian fromn
representing them.

Tinubu is your next president....
I know you're a bigot and a fanatic but I believe even those should not blind you from reality. Which LGA in Kano has more votes than Plateau for example. I believe you're really high on something like the poster said.

1 Like

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Funny you believe that result is real. Same day that election held, a bomb blast went off in that same Maiduguri metropolis. Yet they had more votes than some parts of Lagos!!
Lagos is an entire state, Maiduguri is just the capital, and there are other places of settlement in Borno state.
And who said lagosians voted enmasse that year?
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

I get your point but we must also look to who would give the masses the best living conditions, and from first hand experience, I'm sure Tinubu would do just that,I'm certain the country would prosper across board. Obi doesn't give a s**t, and neither does Atiku. Obi kneeling in church has nothing to do with his state of heart, even Lucifer was in the garden of God... Not to mention Judas...
So my understanding is that none of the major presidential aspirants is a saint, but my best bet for optimal performance and putting together a group of intellectuals to get the job done in a messed up nation like ours is ABAT.
That's another myth I wish to debunk. You all keep claiming Tinubu puts together group of "intellectuals". Well, his so-called group have been at the helm of critical parts of our national life since 2015 and they've all been abysmal, if not disastrous at best. So if that's a reason you think he's going to deliver, well I think you need to investigate that theory while devoid of bias.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by VERDA: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2022
toba1909:

This should tell you more pls.

2019 Presidential Election Results in the LGAs of Babachir Lawal, Boss Mustapha, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara and Sen. Kashim Shettima.

1. Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha hails from same state with pdp presidential candidate, Alh. Atiku Abubakar. Both Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha are christians from Hong LGA. Here is the 2019 Presidential election result in their LGA.

Hong Local Government Adamawa State
APC – 20,471
PDP – 23,039

2. Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara is christian from Bogoro LGA in Bauchi State, here is the 2019 Presidential election result in his LGA.

Bogoro Local Government Bauchi State
APC 5,284
PDP 23,664

3. The Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, His Excellency, Distinguished Sen. Kashim Shettima, hails from Maiduguri Metropolitan Council in Borno State, below is the 2019 Presidential election result in his LGA.

MiduguriI Metropolitan Council
APC: 146,181
PDP: 9,632

Whenever you see some politicians writing different publications against Muslim-Muslim ticket of APC, it ain't entirely that they love the Christians, it's about selfish interest and to create disaffection between the Christians and Muslims in the country.

I see your analysis and all....my question then is, are we to say the northern Christians should forget about ever becoming vp or the president of the country??, Cause honestly speaking that is what this whole outcry from them is about...

Nobody is against Tinubu personally, most of the people you are talking about supported him to emerge the candidate of APC, this is not even about APC, in case you have not noticed most of the northern Christians in the north including those not in APC are apprehensive and are against it, have you thought about asking why??...

One more question...are a northerner?
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:55am On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

Lagos is an entire state, Maiduguri is just the capital, and there are other places of settlement in Borno state.
And who said lagosians voted enmasse that year?
Exactly my point! If Lagosians did not vote enmasse. Can you tell what pushed Borno people out after a massive bomb blast to vote for those on whose watch the blast occurred?
The bomb blast occurred in Maiduguri not outskirt. Yet, just one LGA in same Maiduguri generated this figure that all the LGAs in Lagos can't boast of individually?
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Vistra40: 11:55am On Jul 30, 2022
einsteine:

Not fact.

Obasanjo beat Buhari in Kaduna and won three states in the North East. Jonathan also scored above 40% in Kaduna while winning Adamawa and Taraba.

But overall they lost the core north! Yes or no?
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:57am On Jul 30, 2022
VERDA:

I see your analysis and all....my question then is, are we to say the northern Christians should forget about ever becoming vp or the president of the country??, Cause honestly speaking that is what this whole outcry from them is about...

Nobody is against Tinubu personally, most of the people you are talking about supported him to emerge the candidate of APC, this is not even about APC, in case you have not noticed most of the northern Christians in the north including those not in APC are apprehensive and are against it, have you thought about asking why??...

One more question...are a northerner?

Exactly the point I've been making. Those who prodded Tinubu to that choice knew they were playing politics of subjugation. They don't want a northern Christian to have a seat at the high table. That's what it's all about. They're bigots
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
Penguin2:

Should I help you with tissues? grin

Here's same hand you circled...do let hate finish you

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Ok. Let's have a healthy discussion then.
Dogara is NE. I don't know what you mean by backstabbing. Who backstabbed who? Tambuwal who was recently unveiled as the poster boy of backstabbing is NW. El-Rufai has been serially denounced by almost all his political benefactors as disloyal. He's also NW. So I think it's unfair to claim only the south backstab. And who is backstabbing in the south I ask again? But this is just by the way.
The northern govs who were his main backers ceded the presidency to the south on the basis of it's their turn. It's obvious the northern establishment don't think along that line. If North voted North and South voted south in APC primary, I'm sure you'll agree the result would have been different.
The point is the southern govs forum came out to say it's the turn of the south. Same with a very good number of South leaning bodies. Lastly, Tinubu himself came out to say "Yoruba l'okan". It is that point I'm interrogating. Is it true in all good conscience? If we say the presidency must come south because we're rotating, can Yoruba lay claim to being the rightful part of the south to ascend the presidency? If you look at it, the northern hegemony was birthed by the idea of one North. It was the idea of one North that led to Ahmadu Bello ceding the prime minister to NE then. It was also that idea that led to a Christian North Central Yakubu Gowon emerging as first military president from North.
You can't play principle of rotation on one hand and play exclusion on the other. It is why we claim it is south's turn, but south is more divided than ever before!! If we want to have southern hegemony, it has to be through give and take not winner takes all. If we don't have southern hegemony, then rotation simply is on shaky ground.
I understand your point perfectly sir. The South has always been its own undoing. The issue here is this, we can't take away the input a region puts into a party. The SE never was a ground for major backing of the APC as alluded to by even the opposition PDP. Even one of them openly backed the presidency to stay in the north. The SS had produced Jonathan as a flag bearer before Buhari came in, this formed Tinubu's ideology that Yoruba lokan. He was speaking to APC delegates, I believe the outcry against Tinubu is not fair as I think the PDP and Atiku committed a worse offense.
The SE politicians ought to have played their game long before this year, they should have liaised with the SW politicians to seek for support. But they didn't do that for whatever reason best known to them.
To win a presidential election, there must be strong alliances. This was what Tinubu built. The give and take approach should have been the approach of the SE. The presidency doesn't come on a plate. You must gain trust both in the south and in the north.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by VERDA: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
allicare:

How did they fight for Asiwaju Tunubu emergence? Can you enlighten us, All i know is that the northern governors that facilitate Tunubu emergence

Are you seriously asking this?? maybe you should go and do research about how long Babachir has been pushing for Tinubu to be the president from Buhari's first tenure...and how long they have been working together, while your at it also find out who was the chairman for the strategic and planning committee to ensure Tinubu's emergence as the APC's flag bearer, as it seems because they disagree with Tinubu's decision to choose along religious lines, everyone has suddenly developed selective amnesia.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Exactly the point I've been making. Those who prodded Tinubu to that choice knew they were playing politics of subjugation. They don't want a northern Christian to have a seat at the high table. That's what it's all about. They're bigots
And some southerners don't want a southern Muslim on the high table too undecided undecided
They must be bigots too
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

Ataya oooo. And na Christian.
I'm Christian and what I dislike most is to drag issue of Christian as VP or the likes.
I heard of an issue just yesterday that occured when a woman absconded with a man's cooperative savings cos he trusted her to keep watch over it as she happened to be the Secretary to the organisation. Turns out she is Christian.... My point in all these, the self quoted Christians are more unrighteous than a self quoted Muslim.. cos the self acclaimed Christian doesn't even know the tenets of his or her faith.. they are the ones that hurl curses most on nairaland, and they are Christians, Dogara has been following Tinubu upandan before he picked VP, all for his selfish interest..and he's Christian, the backstabber who connived with PDP honourables that year, false Christian. If Tinubu had picked him, I would never vote for him. But my vote is definitely for him. And my entire Christian household is voting ABAT.
I don't mix my faith with politics, the worst bosses are acclaimed Christians. I come in peace.
Sorry but I doubt your Christianity. Moreso if you're going to denounce and insult Christians just to support a Muslim ticket. You gave an example of a Christian woman as evidence Christians can't be trusted with money. Not only that, you went ahead and claimed Christians are more unrighteous than Muslims. Since you say you're a Christian I believe you also see yourself as beneath a Muslim in matters of piety. But that's for you. We're talking about the nation. It's on record. Those who have looted this country the most are Muslims. Those who have stoked religious violence and killed for religion are the Muslims. Those who have divided this nation the most are Muslims. So if you think the Muslims in Nigeria are far better than Christians, then I think you should reconsider what you feed your mind.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

And some southerners don't want a southern Muslim on the high table too undecided undecided
They must be bigots too
Who are those? If there are, they are indeed bigots. No two ways about it.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

I understand your point perfectly sir. The South has always been its own undoing. The issue here is this, we can't take away the input a region puts into a party. The SE never was a ground for major backing of the APC as alluded to by even the opposition PDP. Even one of them openly backed the presidency to stay in the north. The SS had produced Jonathan as a flag bearer before Buhari came in, this formed Tinubu's ideology that Yoruba lokan. He was speaking to APC delegates, I believe the outcry against Tinubu is not fair as I think the PDP and Atiku committed a worse offense.
The SE politicians ought to have played their game long before this year, they should have liaised with the SW politicians to seek for support. But they didn't do that for whatever reason best known to them.
To win a presidential election, there must be strong alliances. This was what Tinubu built. The give and take approach should have been the approach of the SE. The presidency doesn't come on a plate. You must gain trust both in the south and in the north.

I agree you must gain trust. But I disagree with the claim the SE should have played their game. There's no game to play. From all indications, the North control both parties. For PDP, the northern wing believe they can woo northern votes by producing a northerner. For APC, the establishment believed a northerner should emerge to counter the PDP move. However, some govs decided they were better off with the VP position for eight years and thereafter shoot for the presidency. You can see that in both scenarios, it's the North still calculating and making moves. Both still favoured the North. While the PDP produced a northern presidential candidate, the APC produced a Muslim Muslim ticket to pander to the same North! I believe almost every southerner believes in balance. Even you Tinubu supporters would have preferred a northern Christian in your heart of hearts. It makes the job of marketing your candidate easier instead of having to defend a religious ticket. Right now, it's the North's battle you're fighting. They stand to gain the most either way in the long-term. The south meanwhile ends up more divided than ever.

1 Like

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by VERDA: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Yea, for some reason they don't understand that the issue is not about Tinubu, you see an outcry of this magnitude from northern Christians and think it's just politics or about APC, maybe they would have understood better if they were Christians from the north.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Sorry but I doubt your Christianity. Moreso if you're going to denounce and insult Christians just to support a Muslim ticket. You gave an example of a Christian woman as evidence Christians can't be trusted with money. Not only that, you went ahead and claimed Christians are more unrighteous than Muslims. Since you say you're a Christian I believe you also see yourself as beneath a Muslim in matters of piety. But that's for you. We're talking about the nation. It's on record. Those who have looted this country the most are Muslims. Those who have stoked religious violence and killed for religion are the Muslims. Those who have divided this nation the most are Muslims. So if you think the Muslims in Nigeria are far better than Christians, then I think you should reconsider what you feed your mind.
I think you need to go back and read my post.
I said self-quoted Christians, not Christians, except you believe that all acclaimed Christians are Christians which isn't the case. And yes, in terms of self-righteouness, based on my personal dealings in the business world, I stand by that. You talk of looting the nation, those SE governors who looted their states are Muslims too. In politics, religion isn't a factor and that is my point.
So don't muddle up the Faith with politics. Me citing the incident of a woman is fact. Bearing a Christian name has nothing to do with being s true Christian.

1 Like

Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Iamzik: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
CutieKing:
I saw the tweet and I was not surprised politicians will always be politicians.they are all there for what they will benefit and nothing more.
How can babachir Lawal who has been with tinubu project since 2011 suddenly became the most vocal critic of tinubu just because of religious differences.
It shows tinubu was right after all by not picking any of them as his running mate.no single loyalty.

If tinubu picked a South South man instead of northern Muslim the north will be blowing hot by now.

There is no right or wrong at this point. Nothing you say will change each party choice of candidates.

Each party must be ready to face the consequence of their choices. There will be alignment and realignment in the coming months and definitely many APC members will abandon Tinubu
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

I agree you must gain trust. But I disagree with the claim the SE should have played their game. There's no game to play. From all indications, the North control both parties. For PDP, the northern wing believe they can woo northern votes by producing a northerner. For APC, the establishment believed a northerner should emerge to counter the PDP move. However, some govs decided they were better off with the VP position for eight years and thereafter shoot for the presidency. You can see that in both scenarios, it's the North still calculating and making moves. Both still favoured the North. While the PDP produced a northern presidential candidate, the APC produced a Muslim Muslim ticket to pander to the same North! I believe almost every southerner believes in balance. Even you Tinubu supporters would have preferred a northern Christian in your heart of hearts. It makes the job of marketing your candidate easier instead of having to defend a religious ticket. Right now, it's the North's battle you're fighting. They stand to gain the most either way in the long-term. The south meanwhile ends up more divided than ever.
If the north are the ones who divide the nation, then why does the south have a problem aligning in one voice? Right from the days of Awolowo, why can't the SE back a Yoruba, why can't even a SS back his fellow SS as the case in PDP? This surely isn't the Muslim dividing them, if the south can't unite with itself, then why put division at the feet of who doesn't have a hand in it? A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by olunavi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Show us your Father…..Omo ale grin

Viscuz:
APC bye bye

Let me go and hire pampers
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by MikeofAfrica: 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
mach7:
Selfish gain? I personally don't know Asiwaju neither is he paying me.

My support for him is not borne out of monetary gain, but rather based on my personal conviction that he is the best man for the job.

How has Tinubu prove to be the best man for the job? Will you have support him assuming he is an Igbo man?
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
Iamzik:

If tinubu picked a South South man instead of northern Muslim the north will be blowing hot by now.

There is no right or wrong at this point. Nothing you say will change each party choice of candidates.

Each party must be ready to face the consequence of their choices. There will be alignment and realignment in the coming months and definitely many APC members will abandon Tinubu
Just as many will join him. FACT.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
ebenhealth:

I think you need to go back and read my post.
I said self-quoted Christians, not Christians, except you believe that all acclaimed Christians are Christians which isn't the case. And yes, in terms of self-righteouness, based on my personal dealings in the business world, I stand by that. You talk of looting the nation, those SE governors who looted their states are Muslims too. In politics, religion isn't a factor and that is my point.
So don't muddle up the Faith with politics. Me citing the incident of a woman is fact. Bearing a Christian name has nothing to do with being s true Christian.
And bearing Muhammad makes one a true Muslim?
The SE governors have not looted more than their NW counterparts or SW counterparts for that matter. The biggest looters of our commonwealth in history are Abacha and IBB. Both are Muslims. That's my point. For every other example you make against Christians I can give you countless from the Muslim side. I don't know if you're aware of the story of one Aare Musulumi of Yoruba who went to Saudi and convinced the Saudis to sponsor building of mosques all through Yorubaland. Do you know he spent less than half of that money on building the mosques? So I don't know what your dealings are but if you say you'll rather do business with Muslims because they're more trustworthy than Christians then again, I think you're not being fair to Christians at all. SGBN was looted to stupor by a Muslim family who still remain popular in politics till today. In fact, it took a Christian OBJ to get some of those monies back for the victims.
If your point that religion is not a factor is true, northern govs wouldn't have prodded Tinubu to pick a Muslim from the North. They made religion a factor.
Re: Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja by ebenhealth(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

How has Tinubu prove to be the best man for the job? Will you have support him assuming he is an Igbo man?
If Tinubu was an Igbo man who has built bridges with the north, raised many SEerners to positions of leadership in the country, detribalised, has a track record of excellent performance, and has loyal political associates, then I see no issues with support.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The States Tinubu Can Win Atleast 25% And Above / Full Ogun Governorship Election Results / Biafra: Asari Dokubo Blasts Nnamdi Kanu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.